PDA

View Full Version : History repeating itself?

no-pseudo-fan
04-23-2010, 12:11 PM
Will Josh McD trade next years 1st to get an additional 2nd?

jhns
04-23-2010, 12:13 PM
I hope not. It is the one thing I cry about with lasū years draft. I don't really care who the prospect is, I just don't believe trading future firsts is a good idea.

ColoradoDarin
04-23-2010, 12:15 PM
I like apples.

no-pseudo-fan
Good idea or not... Do you think the McD will do it?

Dagmar
I hope not. It is the one thing I cry about with lasū years draft. I don't really care who the prospect is, I just don't believe trading future firsts is a good idea.

One thing?? :spit:

BroncoSojia
The first should be off limits, but I would mind using a 2nd from next years draft to get an extra pick.

no-pseudo-fan
04-23-2010, 12:16 PM
I like apples.

What kind of apples?

I like Braeburn Apples, not a fan of the Red Delicious

ColoradoDarin
04-23-2010, 12:17 PM
What kind of apples?

I like Braeburn Apples, not a fan of the Red Delicious

Braeburn are great, those or Fuji & Gala

no-pseudo-fan
04-23-2010, 12:21 PM

A pink Lady and granny smith aren't too bad either. I use to like Golden Delicious, but you don't see them much down here in Texas.

Broncoman13
04-23-2010, 12:22 PM
I'd be okay if he gave up a first next year for a 2nd this year. Next year's draft isn't expected to be nearly as deep. I think it's safe to assume that the value in early/mid round 2 this year is similar to the value in mid/later round 1 next year. Add to the fact that we'll still have two 2nds in next year's draft anyhow. I'd do it, if you have a chance at adding both a Mt. Cody AND a Jon Asomoah, why not?

UberBroncoMan
04-23-2010, 12:23 PM
This year... this daft... I may be ok with that. Last year not so much though. We could have gotten a way better DB than Alphonso Smith.

Play2win
04-23-2010, 12:23 PM

Galas all the way. :thumbsup:

Play2win
04-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Washington Apples aren't too shabby either :wiggle:

Broncoman13
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Honeycrisp Apples are the best btw, there isn't anything close to a fresh Honeycrisp.

Play2win
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
I'd be okay if he gave up a first next year for a 2nd this year. Next year's draft isn't expected to be nearly as deep. I think it's safe to assume that the value in early/mid round 2 this year is similar to the value in mid/later round 1 next year. Add to the fact that we'll still have two 2nds in next year's draft anyhow. I'd do it, if you have a chance at adding both a Mt. Cody AND a Jon Asomoah, why not?

McD did talk in terms of what picks he had the next 2 years, for this year's draft and maneuverability.

NFLBRONCO
04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
I'd only trade a 2011 #1 on a major 2nd round project not interested in quicker results the Denver way lives.

diehardbroncosfan
04-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Will Josh McD trade next years 1st to get an additional 2nd?

This is Josh McDaniels we're talking about. He will do whatever he thinks will help this team. At this point I would be almost more surprised if we don't trade at least the first rounder or one of the second rounders we've got next year to get back into round two or three. And, I can't say I would disapprove.

DomCasual
04-23-2010, 12:34 PM
I like apples.

I like potatoes. I like meat. I like standing on the corner of the street.

sisterhellfyre
04-23-2010, 12:35 PM

I keep a tub of caramel dip in the refrigerator here at work. It goes great with Braeburns when I bring them with my lunch.

orinjkrush
04-23-2010, 12:37 PM
mcpuppy should trade all next years picks for this years.

he won't be here.

ColoradoDarin
04-23-2010, 12:39 PM
I keep a tub of caramel dip in the refrigerator here at work. It goes great with Braeburns when I bring them with my lunch.

I love caramel apples. I live near St Augustine, FL (yes, Tebow country) and there are 2 outlet malls nearby, each has a Rocky Mt Chocolate Factory store. Oh man, the Apple Pie Apples, I can't get enough of em!

BroncoInferno
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
I would be OK with it if it is for Mt. Cody or Gerhart. They seem like two guys we're probably targeting...good kids who were highly productive players. I'd be thrilled if we somehow got both. Yeah, I know we need a guard or center (I think McD will pencil in Seth Olsen at either LG or center, so I don't think we need to draft two like some), but we would still have two 3rds to play with. Maybe package them together to land Tennant or Asamoah. I would be thrilled if it went down like that (a man can dream).

BroncoInferno
04-23-2010, 12:52 PM
mcpuppy should trade all next years picks for this years.

he won't be here.

You're dreaming if you think he's getting fired after this season. If anything, the Tebow pick buys him more time with Bowlen so he'll have a chance to develop him.

DenverBroncosJM
04-23-2010, 12:59 PM
I wouldn't mind this at all but I would try to trade a second and a third next year for a second this year and keep our first.

jhns
04-23-2010, 01:23 PM
One thing?? :spit:

"from last years draft"

I know, I know, you are just a woman that can't read. I forgive you.

Chris
04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
I would be OK with it if it is for Mt. Cody or Gerhart. They seem like two guys we're probably targeting...good kids who were highly productive players. I'd be thrilled if we somehow got both. Yeah, I know we need a guard or center (I think McD will pencil in Seth Olsen at either LG or center, so I don't think we need to draft two like some), but we would still have two 3rds to play with. Maybe package them together to land Tennant or Asamoah. I would be thrilled if it went down like that (a man can dream).

Do we really need Gerhart now that we have Tebow?