PDA

View Full Version : Scout.com 2nd and 3rd round updated mock. And McShay's now.

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 10:13 AM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2gv7tox.png

80. Denver Broncos - Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona

87. Denver Broncos (from Philadelphia) - Brandon Spikes, MLB, Florida

oubronco
04-23-2010, 10:14 AM
We don't need a TE FIX the LINES

SportinOne
04-23-2010, 10:14 AM
If we draft a tight end before the 5th round i'm going to flip.

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 10:15 AM

I think that is the only pick that would make me VERY angry.

Fix the lines!

DomCasual
04-23-2010, 10:16 AM

Can we film it and put it on YouTube, like that Pierre-Paul guy?

UberBroncoMan
Rob Gronkowski is another Scheffler. Dude has solid hands, and big size. Would be great for the redzone. I don't know how Rob and Brandon make it that far down though.

I'm all for this happening though if it does.

I like the Asamoah pick... I'm curious who our center is going to be though. Does this mean Seth Olsen will move inside? He's got the size and he's had a year to sit back and learn. He was a 4th rounder too, which isn't exactly the bottom of the barrel.

Clady - Asamoah - Olsen - Kuper - Harris - - - actually doesn't seem that bad.

tsiguy96
movethesticks said its a steal for gronkowski to even be in the 2nd round. if hes there around 60-70, you have to move for him. talk about BPA.

hope we get a nasty guard, center, and WR in teh 2nd round. yes, move up.

Old Dude
I'd be happy with Asamoah, Gronkowski and Spikes, but where is our Center?

TheReverend
04-23-2010, 10:17 AM
McCoy fits McD's TE mold better

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Todd McShay's 2nd round mock for those who don't have Insider:

Round 2
Pick (OVR) Team Player Position School
1 (33) St. Louis Rams Lamarr Houston DT Texas
2 (34) Minnesota Vikings(from DET) Chris Cook CB Virginia
3 (35) Tampa Bay Buccaneers Everson Griffen DE USC
4 (36) Kansas City Chiefs Rodger Saffold OT Indiana
5 (37) Philadelphia Eagles(from WAS) Jon Asamoah OG Illinois
6 (38) Cleveland Browns Colt McCoy QB Texas
7 (39) Oakland Raiders Charles Brown OT USC
8 (40) Miami Dolphins(from SEA via SDG) Sergio Kindle OLB Texas
9 (41) Buffalo Bills Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
10 (42) Tampa Bay Buccaneers(from CHI) Arrelious Benn WR Illinois
11 (43) Baltimore Ravens(from MIA via DEN) Nate Allen S South Florida
12 (44) New England Patriots(from JAC) Damian Williams WR USC
13 (45) Denver Broncos Sean Lee ILB Penn State
14 (46) New York Giants Vladimir Ducasse OG UMass
15 (47) New England Patriots(from TEN) Linval Joseph DT East Carolina
16(48) Carolina Panthers Brian Price DT UCLA
17 (49) San Francisco 49ers Taylor Mays S USC
18 (50) Kansas City Chiefs(from ATL) Terrence Cody DT Alabama
19 (51) Houston Texans Toby Gerhart RB Stanford
20 (52) Pittsburgh Steelers Golden Tate WR Notre Dame
21 (53) New England Patriots Koa Misi OLB Utah
22 (54) Cincinnati Bengals Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
23 (55) Philadelphia Eagles Jerome Murphy CB South Florida
24 (56) Green Bay Packers Dexter McCluster RB Mississippi
25 (57) Baltimore Ravens Taylor Price WR Ohio
26 (58) Arizona Cardinals Rob Gronkowski TE Arizona
27 (59) Dallas Cowboys Al Woods DT LSU
28 (60) Seattle Seahawks(from SDG) Carlos Dunlap DE Florida
29 (61) New York Jets John Jerry OG Mississippi
30 (62) Minnesota Vikings Daryl Washington OLB TCU
31 (63) Indianapolis Colts Edwin Veldheer OT Hillsdale
32 (64) New Orleans Saints Navorro Bowman OLB Penn State

UberBroncoMan
04-23-2010, 10:18 AM

He's already on the roster. Seth Olsen.

Drek
04-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Swap Gronkowski for JD Walton or Tennant and I like it a lot better. Maybe Spikes for Chaney instead too, but I could go either way there.

Broncoman13
04-23-2010, 10:21 AM
We don't need a TE FIX the LINES

Bullshiat... you have a chance at Grankowski in the 3rd, you laugh your pick up to the podium. I'd love that 2nd and 3rd round.

Can't complain about Spikes, but if Walton is there you go with him. If not, I'd be interested in Butler before Spikes... but that is a very good 2nd and 3rd round.

tsiguy96
need to keep in mind that we typically draft guys who weve worked out. all of last years draft too, correct?

Rohirrim
Those are the logical picks. But do they fit McD's vision of the new team? Who knows? I think it will be Toby.

Broncoman13
04-23-2010, 10:22 AM
movethesticks said its a steal for gronkowski to even be in the 2nd round. if hes there around 60-70, you have to move for him. talk about BPA.

hope we get a nasty guard, center, and WR in teh 2nd round. yes, move up.

Shiat... I'm agreeing with tsiguy... wtf is going on around here. ;D

Rabb
04-23-2010, 10:22 AM
He's already on the roster. Seth Olsen.

that is exactly what I think also will happen

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 10:26 AM
http://nflnr.com/2010/04/mock-draft-round-two-friday-morning-edition/

http://i41.tinypic.com/2hpjfv9.png

Requiem
04-23-2010, 10:29 AM
I'll crap myself if we take Kindle. NO.

oubronco
04-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Bullshiat... you have a chance at Grankowski in the 3rd, you laugh your pick up to the podium. I'd love that 2nd and 3rd round.

Can't complain about Spikes, but if Walton is there you go with him. If not, I'd be interested in Butler before Spikes... but that is a very good 2nd and 3rd round.

Well what the hell did he draft Quinn for last year

Steve Sewell
04-23-2010, 10:31 AM
This board will fully meltdown if we pick Toby Gerhardt

azbroncfan
04-23-2010, 10:33 AM
We picked up MCD's TE last year.

meangene
04-23-2010, 10:36 AM
As long as we get a center in the 2nd or 3rd I can live with the picks. I would love Lee, Asomoah, or Gerhardt in the 2nd. If you go by value and look at who we worked out I would guess Walton or Tennant, Ducasse or Beadles, and either Gerhardt of Hardessy are gonna be the three picks today.

Inkana7
04-23-2010, 10:37 AM
I want fat guys. Or bust. I'm not pissed about Tebow and Thomas, but if we don't draft the Lines today and tomorrow, I will be.

meangene
04-23-2010, 10:37 AM

I love the kid! Don't know why we would melt down if we address the OL with the other picks. But then, the board always melts down! Ha!

UberBroncoMan
04-23-2010, 10:39 AM

I'd be all for Toby if we had another pick to get him.

eddie mac
04-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Lee isn't even a top 100 player let alone a 2nd rounder.

Rumours flying around that Kindle had microfracture surgery recently hence the drop.

Requiem
04-23-2010, 10:46 AM
Lee isn't even a top 100 player let alone a 2nd rounder.

Rumours flying around that Kindle had microfracture surgery recently hence the drop.

It ain't a rumor on Kindle, it is the truth.

Durango
04-23-2010, 10:49 AM
Where is the Center in this mix? Seth Olsen? You can't possibly be serious. Gonna step right in and make those line calls and, what, make a run at the Pro Bowl? Where is the defensive line help, youth in the defensive secondary, inside linebacker? This..coach..cut our adequate inside backer and we're going to draft TE's and RB's? This whole process is just a Bizarro World scenario. That, or he has no real idea what he's doing and there's no one around him to help limit the carnage. This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

JLesSPE
04-23-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure McD will draft Spikes. Everyone he drafts has to be a model citizen and Spikes had that nasty eye gauging incident last year. Somethin to think about...

UberBroncoMan
04-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Where is the Center in this mix? Seth Olsen? You can't possibly be serious. Gonna step right in and make those line calls and, what, make a run at the Pro Bowl? Where is the defensive line help, youth in the defensive secondary, inside linebacker? This..coach..cut our adequate inside backer and we're going to draft TE's and RB's? This whole process is just a Bizarro World scenario. That, or he has no real idea what he's doing and there's no one around him to help limit the carnage. This is like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

Clady stepped right in. Harris (3rd rounder) came in after a year off and did great. Kuper (5th rounder) came in right away too. Olsen might be the perfect fit, which is why we didn't move up to take Pouncey. Olsen and Pouncey are almost identical body wise (height/weight).

Obushma
04-23-2010, 11:01 AM
As long as we get a center in the 2nd or 3rd I can live with the picks. I would love Lee, Asomoah, or Gerhardt in the 2nd. If you go by value and look at who we worked out I would guess Walton or Tennant, Ducasse or Beadles, and either Gerhardt of Hardessy are gonna be the three picks today.

Zane Beadles played every position on the line for the Utah Utes in his 4 year career. He's versatile, that's why I like him.

Dedhed
04-23-2010, 11:06 AM
I've said it a couple of times; we wouldn't have let go of Weigmann if we didn't have an idea of what we were doing at Center.

outdoor_miner
04-23-2010, 11:11 AM
I want fat guys. Or bust. I'm not pissed about Tebow and Thomas, but if we don't draft the Lines today and tomorrow, I will be.

Agreed... I'm sure we'll be disappointed, though. I always am. :)

I think people are over-reacting about not taking OL in the first. I wanted to see it addressed myself, but historically, very good starting Guards and Centers can be found later in the draft. Iupati or Pouncey would have made me feel god, but honestly, a 2nd/3rd round pick should be able to come in and start at Guard or Center. Plus - there's Olsen in the mix... I'd love to see our starting Center picked up today, and then some D-Line depth. Maybe one of the other picks can go to a skill player (another WR or power runner). I don't see ILB as a need, as I think McD has pegged either Larsen or Haggan as the starter.

Durango
04-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Clady stepped right in. Harris (3rd rounder) came in after a year off and did great. Kuper (5th rounder) came in right away too. Olsen might be the perfect fit, which is why we didn't move up to take Pouncey. Olsen and Pouncey are almost identical body wise (height/weight).

You can't possibly be defending this. Clady? Are you drunk? Maybe the supreme offensive line talent this last decade and was taken high in the first round. Olsen is a nobody at an absolutely critical position. Mistakes translate to broken QB's, muffed assignments and missed opportunities. 'Might' be a perfect fit, oh well, we're good, never mind. Wow.

diehardbroncosfan
04-23-2010, 11:15 AM

I agree we need help at center and potentially inside linebacker, but to say we don't have youth in the secondary is wrong. McBath, Bruton, Smith, Jones, Barret, and Carter will all be young contributors with some having the potential to start this year, and most certainly the year after. While it's true our starters are older, we have the youth getting prepared to take over once they retire/move on to another team.

Also, while I would love to see some additions to to the defensive line (Mount Cody would be awesome), we've built that up over the last two years and have good depth there now. Williams, Bannan, Green, Fields, Baker, McBean and Thomas are far better than what we have had anytime recently and should be able to hold up over a season.

outdoor_miner
04-23-2010, 11:16 AM
youth in the defensive secondary

What? We have a 2nd year first round pick (equivalent) at CB, and two 2nd year guys at Safety. Plus, we just added another corner in free agency, and Tony Carter played decently, too. Our secondary is in pretty good shape.

I would be surprised to see a pick used there, but it's definitely not a top "need".

Also - I disagree on MLB. I really believe that McD thinks Haggan or Larsen can do just as good a job as Davis.

Elway777
04-23-2010, 11:20 AM
I'd be happy with Asamoah, Gronkowski and Spikes, but where is our Center? I like this but I might trade down in second and still get Asamoah plus add more picks

dbfan21
04-23-2010, 11:21 AM

Me too. I like yesterday's picks, but we need to get aggressive on our line acquisitions, both on O and D.

Durango
04-23-2010, 11:23 AM
What? We have a 2nd year first round pick (equivalent) at CB, and two 2nd year guys at Safety. Plus, we just added another corner in free agency, and Tony Carter played decently, too. Our secondary is in pretty good shape.

I would be surprised to see a pick used there, but it's definitely not a top "need".

Also - I disagree on MLB. I really believe that McD thinks Haggan or Larsen can do just as good a job as Davis.

Well, we're in total agreement there. i think McDaniels probably does think Haggan or Larsen can step right in and do the job. Not play particularly well, certainly never dominate at the position, never lock up the gaps or cover the receivers with any consistency. Not play with any real impact. But, yes, they can stand there in the right position. I suppose McDaniels believes that is good enough. I can see that.

RonDaChamp24
04-23-2010, 11:25 AM
I think we're going to take Sean Lee in the 2nd. I'll LOVE that pick if it happens too.

Tombstone RJ
04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Sean Lee never worked out for the Broncos.

Drek
04-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Well, we're in total agreement there. i think McDaniels probably does think Haggan or Larsen can step right in and do the job. Not play particularly well, certainly never dominate at the position, never lock up the gaps or cover the receivers with any consistency. Not play with any real impact. But, yes, they can stand there in the right position. I suppose McDaniels believes that is good enough. I can see that.

In what world does our SILB have to cover receivers with any regularity?

DJ does that. he's the every down ILB. Haggan and Larsen are battling for a two down job that primarily consists of them taking on OGs, filling gaps, and moving through the trash.

Larsen showed that ability in the one time he's gotten a real shot to start at ILB, against Atlanta in '08. Haggan is a massive guy who is a natural ILB and did well on the strong side last year.

Neither one is likely to wear down and completely disappear like Andra Davis did late last season.

outdoor_miner
04-23-2010, 11:33 AM
In what world does our SILB have to cover receivers with any regularity?

DJ does that. he's the every down ILB. Haggan and Larsen are battling for a two down job that primarily consists of them taking on OGs, filling gaps, and moving through the trash.

Larsen showed that ability in the one time he's gotten a real shot to start at ILB, against Atlanta in '08. Haggan is a massive guy who is a natural ILB and did well on the strong side last year.

Neither one is likely to wear down and completely disappear like Andra Davis did late last season.

Exactly.

azbroncfan
04-23-2010, 11:34 AM

Yeah and rightfully so at the expense of both sides of the trenches.

Archer81
04-23-2010, 11:34 AM
You can't possibly be defending this. Clady? Are you drunk? Maybe the supreme offensive line talent this last decade and was taken high in the first round. Olsen is a nobody at an absolutely critical position. Mistakes translate to broken QB's, muffed assignments and missed opportunities. 'Might' be a perfect fit, oh well, we're good, never mind. Wow.

I wonder how you felt about Nalen when Denver selected him in 1994. You cannot discount a player until you actually see them play. Olsen might be very good. But we have alot of draft left, and I do not doubt we will be moving all over the place to get the guy we want.

:Broncos:

BroncoInferno
04-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Those are the logical picks. But do they fit McD's vision of the new team? Who knows? I think it will be Toby.

I'm thinking that, too, though the Pats supposedly love him and may beat us to the punch. I like the idea of a Gerhart/Moreno backfield, but we need at least one interior lineman who can play next year (Seth Olsen will probably start somewhere, I'm guessing).

Archer81
04-23-2010, 11:38 AM
I am not sure the spread out format of this year's draft is aiding the sanity of some of the posters on this board.

Durango
04-23-2010, 11:41 AM
I wonder how you felt about Nalen when Denver selected him in 1994. You cannot discount a player until you actually see them play. Olsen might be very good. But we have alot of draft left, and I do not doubt we will be moving all over the place to get the guy we want.

'Might be' doesn't work at center, like 'might be' doesn't work at QB. Just curious, who fills in when 'might be' goes down?

I agree we will probably be moving all over the draft boards. McDaniels has an entire 2011 draft to give away. Why wait?

BroncoInferno
04-23-2010, 11:45 AM

Olsen was a 4th rounder. The vast majority of starting centers/guards in the league were later round picks. The coaches have seen him practice everyday, so they know more about what he is capable of than you. You really think they would go with Olsen if they weren't confident he can do the job?

Rohirrim
04-23-2010, 11:48 AM
I'm thinking that, too, though the Pats supposedly love him and may beat us to the punch. I like the idea of a Gerhart/Moreno backfield, but we need at least one interior lineman who can play next year (Seth Olsen will probably start somewhere, I'm guessing).

There goes that 2011 second round pick. :rofl:

Archer81
04-23-2010, 11:50 AM
'Might be' doesn't work at center, like 'might be' doesn't work at QB. Just curious, who fills in when 'might be' goes down?

I agree we will probably be moving all over the draft boards. McDaniels has an entire 2011 draft to give away. Why wait?

The entire draft is "might be". They "might be" a fit for the new systems they are being drafted into. They "might be" potential probowlers. Five rounds are left in this draft. Hold the negativity until its over with.

I suspect Denver will go and get the o-line depth today because very good prospects are still sitting there. Relax.

Durango
04-23-2010, 11:52 AM
Olsen was a 4th rounder. The vast majority of starting centers/guards in the league were later round picks. The coaches have seen him practice everyday, so they know more about what he is capable of than you. You really think they would go with Olsen if they weren't confident he can do the job?

You're right. I haven't seen Olsen practice. For that matter, I haven't seen him play in a real game either, so at least on that score, Josh McDaniels & I have about the same level of expertise'.

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 12:03 PM
http://www.kornheiserscartel.com/uploaded_images/claus-756170.jpg

What an absolute bellend.

mhgaffney
04-23-2010, 12:07 PM
It should be a guard at 45 -- maybe Ducasse

then I hope we use a third to trade back up into the second and get Toby G.

Archer81
04-23-2010, 12:12 PM
http://www.kornheiserscartel.com/uploaded_images/claus-756170.jpg

What an absolute bellend.

I get a vibe from Mr. Clausen.

gunns
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Agreed... I'm sure we'll be disappointed, though. I always am. :)

I think people are over-reacting about not taking OL in the first. I wanted to see it addressed myself, but historically, very good starting Guards and Centers can be found later in the draft. Iupati or Pouncey would have made me feel god, but honestly, a 2nd/3rd round pick should be able to come in and start at Guard or Center. Plus - there's Olsen in the mix... I'd love to see our starting Center picked up today, and then some D-Line depth. Maybe one of the other picks can go to a skill player (another WR or power runner). I don't see ILB as a need, as I think McD has pegged either Larsen or Haggan as the starter.

I'm more upset about not taking D in the first round. As far as the OL I'll be thrilled if we take Beadles down the line.

gunns
04-23-2010, 12:28 PM
It should be a guard at 45 -- maybe Ducasse

then I hope we use a third to trade back up into the second and get Toby G.

My blood pressure could not take another trade for a player like that.

prodigalson139
04-23-2010, 12:42 PM

This. Agreed

outdoor_miner
04-23-2010, 12:43 PM
I'm more upset about not taking D in the first round. As far as the OL I'll be thrilled if we take Beadles down the line.

I'm an admitted homer. :) I went into the draft thinking Denver would for sure focus on the lines, and here we are... I'm already starting to rationalize it... ;) Interior O-Line is not a place where you need 1st round talent.

But to your point about defense - we do have a lot of young talent in the secondary. We have young talent at OLB. I don't think MLB is as much of a need, and that you can get by on veterans. I would really really like to see at least one pick for DL today. Don't care which (NT or DE), but some young blood to develop behind our starters. Maybe the team is high on Baker (I think Drek posted that he was not sent to the Practice Squad for a reason despite never really being active on game day - they did not want another team to snag him), but I'd like to see a big fatty that can provide a nice future there. I think that can be found today.

Center is the clear need. Maybe Olsen can play there, but then that makes Guard a need. Either way, if we can obtain a starter on the O-Line, and young depth o the D-Line today, I will be happy.

BroncoInferno
04-23-2010, 01:14 PM
My blood pressure could not take another trade for a player like that.

A player like that? You mean an intelligent, highly productive guy who is a human wrecking ball? Right, that would be terrible.

I'd love a Moreno/Gerhart backfield.

BroncoInferno
04-23-2010, 01:16 PM
You're right. I haven't seen Olsen practice. For that matter, I haven't seen him play in a real game either, so at least on that score, Josh McDaniels & I have about the same level of expertise'.

You've never seen any of these draft eligible players in an NFL game either.

And if you don't think watching and evaluating a guy in practice every day against NFL competition gives you a better feel for their potential, then you're an idiot.

Requiem
04-23-2010, 01:18 PM
A player like that? You mean an intelligent, highly productive guy who is a human wrecking ball? Right, that would be terrible.

I'd love a Moreno/Gerhart backfield.

You have to realize that Gunns and Blueflame were puked off the same spawn of hate for McDaniels and everything he does. They consistently bitch about not addressing the defense, although we drafted players last year and a bulk of our free agent acquisitions over the past two years have been on that side of the ball.

Clearly, with our offensive deficiencies and struggles last year -- any sane or somewhat "savvy" football fan would see that we needed to upgrade our offense by adding some talent and sparks. We still have 5 picks left (perhaps) more. So I don't see what the fuss is about.

Just more bitching as usual.

elsid13
04-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Rob Gronkowski is another Scheffler. Dude has solid hands, and big size. Would be great for the redzone. I don't know how Rob and Brandon make it that far down though.

I'm all for this happening though if it does.

I like the Asamoah pick... I'm curious who our center is going to be though. Does this mean Seth Olsen will move inside? He's got the size and he's had a year to sit back and learn. He was a 4th rounder too, which isn't exactly the bottom of the barrel.

Clady - Asamoah - Olsen - Kuper - Harris - - - actually doesn't seem that bad.

Gronkowski is far better blocker then Scheffer is. Scheffer is a little faster but Gronk is better player.

Elway777
04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
I hope saffold somehow falls to the Broncos. If not I think I trade down a couple of times into the 3 round. The 3 round is where the value is in this draft.

supermanhr9
04-23-2010, 02:49 PM
What if we drafted Taylor Mays??????

MVPlaya
04-23-2010, 02:49 PM
After how far off base and inaccurate the 1st round mock's have been - you really think it's worth putting any weight into any mock's?

eddie mac
04-23-2010, 02:52 PM

Beadles is the only internal lineman projected as an OC in the 2nd-3rd round. Nearly every board has Tennant-Walton as 4th-5th rd prospects.

anton
04-23-2010, 02:59 PM
This might have been said already: Gronkowski is a 1st round TE but has MAJOR MAJOR back issues that will scare teams off.