PDA

View Full Version : Back from the grave --- momentarily

Rascal
04-23-2010, 10:06 AM
I haven't posted in years, and judging by some of the comments I've seen I haven't missed anything. This place is still over-run by obnoxious retards who are trying to make up for their own inadequacies. But I need a place to vent and the other places I usually post I can't view at work for some asinine reason.

So....

How much longer till McD is fired? This so called "offense genius" trades three of his best four offensive players within 15 months of being hired, and then uses all of his new picks on offensive players last night? I didn't realize the McDaniels system needs to invest so many high picks on offense to work (sarcastic sentence for those not catching on).

The off-season moves involving Marshall, who is a douche bag himself, and this draft can be summarized as follows: using our first pick on D. Thomas, our second pick on a swing the fences gamble at a position where we have no need, and giving up our star WR and getting back a 3rd rounder and a 2011 second. Doesn't sound very good to me for a team that allowed 25.5 PPG in their last 11 games and 30.5 PPG in their last 4 games. Yes, I'm using multiple end points to objectify the fact that the Broncos defense stinks. All they've done to improve the D is trade their one playmaker on offense and sign a bunch of retreads (Shanny did the same thing) along the d-line in FA (i.e hoping and praying that something sticks).

At 24, we could have drafted Dan Williams. At 25, we could have taken Kyle Wilson or Devin McCourtey, or gone with Jerry Hughes or Sergio Kindle. Or taken the 3-4 DE in Jared Odrick that we desperately, desperately need. Outside of message boards I doubt most Bronco fans could name a single one of Denver's starters on the DL last season. Can you imagine if we came out of round 1 with Dan Williams and Jared Odrick with more picks to come? We could have easily packaged some of those later round picks to grab three or four more impact players. Hell, we could have traded up to take Hughes or Kyle Wilson in addition to Odrick. Now THAT would have been a defensive overhaul and a great way to build our team.

(Oh, and I don't know how D. Thomas is going to go from running 3 routes to running 50 in McDaniels' complicated offense; if Thomas ever pans out, it will probably be for a new coach in year 3 or 4 of his career....God I hope it's 1-2 years and not longer)

Not to mention we will probably have a new owner. Maybe when we get rid of DOOM people will finally have enough. Lord knows it won't be when the defense collapses yet again. What are the odds for our current d-coach, what's his name again, being around more than 2 years?

What pisses me off even more is the fact that we wasted our first rounder on Moreno last year. I think he will be a good back, but it's obvious that we are several years from being a good team. RBs are the easiest position to address and instead of focusing on a need that will pay off in the long run McD drafted a RB that will most likely be burned out by the time this team competes.

/rant

Broncoman13
04-23-2010, 10:09 AM
What up Rascal... you still in OK?

The draft was awesome, go back to hiding and come back in two years when both Tebow and Thomas are full-functioning. ;D

Seriously, I don't mind what we did in the first round. In fact, I like the moves quite a bit.

Requiem
04-23-2010, 10:10 AM
*takes shovel and throws dirt back on* Back in grave.

http://fme.sincerethought.org/gallery/d/19035-2/grave.jpg

oubronco
04-23-2010, 10:10 AM
I haven't posted in years, and judging by some of the comments I've seen I haven't missed anything. This place is still over-run by obnoxious retards who are trying to make up for their own inadequacies. But I need a place to vent and the other places I usually post I can't view at work for some asinine reason.

So....

How much longer till McD is fired? This so called "offense genius" trades three of his best four offensive players within 15 months of being hired, and then uses all of his new picks on offensive players last night? I didn't realize the McDaniels system needs to invest so many high picks on offense to work (sarcastic sentence for those not catching on).

The off-season moves involving Marshall, who is a douche bag himself, and this draft can be summarized as follows: using our first pick on D. Thomas, our second pick on a swing the fences gamble at a position where we have no need, and giving up our star WR and getting back a 3rd rounder and a 2011 second. Doesn't sound very good to me for a team that allowed 25.5 PPG in their last 11 games and 30.5 PPG in their last 4 games. Yes, I'm using multiple end points to objectify the fact that the Broncos defense stinks. All they've done to improve the D is trade their one playmaker on offense and sign a bunch of retreads (Shanny did the same thing) along the d-line in FA (i.e hoping and praying that something sticks).

At 24, we could have drafted Dan Williams. At 25, we could have taken Kyle Wilson or Devin McCourtey, or gone with Jerry Hughes or Sergio Kindle. Or taken the 3-4 DE in Jared Odrick that we desperately, desperately need. Outside of message boards I doubt most Bronco fans could name a single one of Denver's starters on the DL last season. Can you imagine if we came out of round 1 with Dan Williams and Jared Odrick with more picks to come? We could have easily packaged some of those later round picks to grab three or four more impact players. Hell, we could have traded up to take Hughes or Kyle Wilson in addition to Odrick. Now THAT would have been a defensive overhaul and a great way to build our team.

(Oh, and I don't know how D. Thomas is going to go from running 3 routes to running 50 in McDaniels' complicated offense; if Thomas ever pans out, it will probably be for a new coach in year 3 or 4 of his career....God I hope it's 1-2 years and not longer)

Not to mention we will probably have a new owner. Maybe when we get rid of DOOM people will finally have enough. Lord knows it won't be when the defense collapses yet again. What are the odds for our current d-coach, what's his name again, being around more than 2 years?

What pisses me off even more is the fact that we wasted our first rounder on Moreno last year. I think he will be a good back, but it's obvious that we are several years from being a good team. RBs are the easiest position to address and instead of focusing on a need that will pay off in the long run McD drafted a RB that will most likely be burned out by the time this team competes.

/rant

Great Post and exactly the way I feel

Chris
04-23-2010, 10:15 AM
If I can speak truthfully your post does not come off as any less obnoxious than the best of our Mane brethren ;)

Rohirrim
04-23-2010, 10:18 AM
The Mane has become much more simplified.

If you are not on board 100%, you are a hater.

It's a reflection of the polarized times we live in.

You have to be a full-on member of one faction or the other.

Requiem
04-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Sergio Kindle is falling because of chronic knee problems. Wouldn't have been smart to trade up for him. That is why he is, and will continue to fall.

gunns
04-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Yes, I'm using multiple end points to objectify the fact that the Broncos defense stinks. All they've done to improve the D is trade their one playmaker on offense and sign a bunch of retreads (Shanny did the same thing) along the d-line in FA (i.e hoping and praying that something sticks).

Exactly my problem. I have no problem with McD developing his own team, it's what I wanted. The previous regime had lapses of clarity as far as the whole team was concerned. McD is trending towards that position. Great receivers can be found more often in the later rounds than the first, they are a panic pick, and are NOT a priority or game changer. I hope that McD addresses the biggest problems with this team today.....OL, and D. I want the best for this team, I pray I'm wrong and McD is a genius.

Oh and I have no problem whatsoever with McD not taking Odrick. Do wish he had taken that position but not that player. And TSI will be around to grade your fandom.

tsiguy96
04-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Sergio Kindle is falling because of chronic knee problems. Wouldn't have been smart to trade up for him. That is why he is, and will continue to fall.

and this is why rascal is not a GM in the league. sergio will continue to fall for awhile because he might miss the entire rookie year, but he would took him in the 1st.

and i think peole forget we signed 3 starting DL in the offseason. stop gap maybe, but allows mcdaniels time to fill other positions on teh team that need it.

Rascal
04-23-2010, 10:26 AM

I forgot about Kindle and his knees. I guess that's what happens when you a UT hater. The point of my post still remains it's validity.

TheDave
and this is why rascal is not a GM in the league.

Hilarious!

You and Rascal would have gotten along just swell...

Requiem
and this is why rascal is not a GM in the league. sergio will continue to fall for awhile because he might miss the entire rookie year, but he would took him in the 1st.

and i think peole forget we signed 3 starting DL in the offseason. stop gap maybe, but allows mcdaniels time to fill other positions on teh team that need it.

It isn't Rascal's fault he doesn't know this. A lot of people didn't know this until last night after it was being reported on several outlets. Clint Ingram slipped in the draft last year for the same reasons. Happens all the time. I love Jerry Hughes, but advocating a trade up for a guy who has chronic knee issues that will significantly impact his ability to play in the NFL is silly.

bronco militia
04-23-2010, 10:27 AM
cry me a river, donk

;D

UberBroncoMan
04-23-2010, 10:28 AM
When I saw this thread all I could think is that Tim Tebow resurrected the OP.

Rascal
04-23-2010, 10:29 AM

lol...if I was a GM I would have done more research than I did, but as I told Req my point still remains.

Ah yes...we signed three retreads that nobody else wanted and who didn't even start for their old team or where to injured to do anything logic. Everybody's trash that we bring in instantly turns into gold...I need to put a patent on that.

gunns
04-23-2010, 10:30 AM

Rascals not a GM, but this from your on board GM, TSI. I think he mentioned the players we signed, TSI. The D, for once in 10 years, should be the primary focus and hopefully acquire depth at positions long neglected and in worst case scenario player(s) that could have started shortly, just in case....on D. A great offense isn't going to do anything without a very good D, except win some regular season games. Been there, done that.

Rascal
04-23-2010, 10:31 AM
cry me a river, donk

;D

:kiss:

FAG....errrrr

azbroncfan

So....

/rant

I agree with the above post. It isnt that I hate Tebow or Thomas just the fact we gave up picks and past up several Defenders to pick them. The picks we gave up could of been sunk into the DL and OL instead we now have a log jam at QB with no solution yet and banking on TX2.

tsiguy96
Rascals not a GM, but this from your on board GM, TSI. I think he mentioned the players we signed, TSI. The D, for once in 10 years, should be the primary focus and hopefully acquire depth at positions long neglected and in worst case scenario player(s) that could have started shortly, just in case....on D. A great offense isn't going to do anything without a very good D, except win some regular season games. Been there, done that.

the D was pretty good last year with the line that we had, now with an upgrade at basically all 3 positions, they are gonna be worse?

ludo21
04-23-2010, 10:32 AM
We got rid of our offensive playmakers and they needed replacing. Whether or not these guys pan out is another question.

The fact is these 2 positions we got last night are NEEDS

Rascal
04-23-2010, 10:33 AM
It isn't Rascal's fault he doesn't know this. A lot of people didn't know this until last night after it was being reported on several outlets. Clint Ingram slipped in the draft last year for the same reasons. Happens all the time. I love Jerry Hughes, but advocating a trade up for a guy who has chronic knee issues that will significantly impact his ability to play in the NFL is silly.

Well obviously that is the point of having your doctors go over them and something as fans we don't have access to (until somebody leaks it). Unless you are shanny of course in which case you play doctor yourself.

Drek
04-23-2010, 10:41 AM

The D is currently better than the O and we still have three picks in the next two rounds. No reason for panic (unless you have a problem with Tebow/Thomas in particular).

Also, people are underestimating how much this team likes Baker. They carried him on the roster all last season and gave him as big a bonus as any UDFA. They think they've found a real player in him. Couple that with some other young talent still on the DL (Fields is in his late 20's, McBean is 25) and we aren't exactly sending out a bunch of borderline retirees with nothing behind them.

Its a deep draft and we could still find some very good playmakers in the middle rounds for the defense and offensive line.

Steve Sewell
04-23-2010, 10:45 AM
herp derp I HATE JOSH MCDANIELS herp derp derp

broncosteven
04-23-2010, 10:57 AM
the D was pretty good last year with the line that we had, now with an upgrade at basically all 3 positions, they are gonna be worse?

Still would have been nice to have a young NT in the Rotation should JWill go down like he did last year or retire in a year.

mCd got what HE wanted that is all that counts. Still not sure if Quinn was picked up to be a 2nd stringer or win a gig.

bronco militia
04-23-2010, 10:59 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/areach.gif

ColoradoDarin
04-23-2010, 11:02 AM
Still would have been nice to have a young NT in the Rotation should JWill go down like he did last year or retire in a year.

mCd got what HE wanted that is all that counts. Still not sure if Quinn was picked up to be a 2nd stringer or win a gig.

unless we already have that on the roster in the form of Chris Baker?

PS What's with the "mCd" thing? Gene wouldn't do that.

SportinOne
04-23-2010, 11:02 AM
This place is still over-run by obnoxious retards who are trying to make up for their own inadequacies.

Project much?

broncosteven
04-23-2010, 11:08 AM
unless we already have that on the roster in the form of Chris Baker?

PS What's with the "mCd" thing? Gene wouldn't do that.

If Chris Baker was the long term answer we wouldn't have gone out and got an old NT at the end of his career and called it an Upgrade.

Maybe they grab a C, LG, DL/front7 tonight but I am worried we will end up with TE, CB, RB

ColoradoDarin
04-23-2010, 11:10 AM
If Chris Baker was the long term answer we wouldn't have gone out and got an old NT at the end of his career and called it an Upgrade.

Maybe they grab a C, LG, DL/front7 tonight but I am worried we will end up with TE, CB, RB

Unless we needed someone to start for one more year while Baker rotates in.

RaiderH8r
04-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Exactly my problem. I have no problem with McD developing his own team, it's what I wanted. The previous regime had lapses of clarity as far as the whole team was concerned. McD is trending towards that position. Great receivers can be found more often in the later rounds than the first, they are a panic pick, and are NOT a priority or game changer. I hope that McD addresses the biggest problems with this team today.....OL, and D. I want the best for this team, I pray I'm wrong and McD is a genius.

Oh and I have no problem whatsoever with McD not taking Odrick. Do wish he had taken that position but not that player. And TSI will be around to grade your fandom.

Unless you're Al Davis, Matt Millen, or Jerry Jones. Lofty company, rarified company.

broncosteven
04-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Unless we needed someone to start for one more year while Baker rotates in.

Baker started last year, didn't he? I want someone better than Baker or someone who can at least push him to get better. Our Dline at the end of the year was getting pushed around and washed out of plays. Baker is not a long term answer.

Requiem
04-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Baker didn't even really play last year.

Drek
04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Baker started last year, didn't he? I want someone better than Baker or someone who can at least push him to get better. Our Dline at the end of the year was getting pushed around and washed out of plays. Baker is not a long term answer.

Fields started last year. Baker was a UDFA who saw almost no game time last year as he was coached up.

He started out at Penn State where initially he was thought to be the best upcoming DT prospect in a long time. He beat the crap out of someone in a fight, had his scholarship pulled, went to a small D1-AA school and by all accounts reformed himself quite well into a hard worker with good character.

When we got him I'd say he was in real need of NFL level conditioning, since D1-AA programs don't have the resources D1A schools do. But he's got the raw natural size and agility you look for in the dancing bear NT type.

Jamal is a stop gap while they see if Baker has it. Fields is part of the rotation as well. They've got some good NT depth now. Could we use a young DL? Of course. But it is no longer an immediately pressing need.

broncosteven
04-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Fields started last year. Baker was a UDFA who saw almost no game time last year as he was coached up.

He started out at Penn State where initially he was thought to be the best upcoming DT prospect in a long time. He beat the crap out of someone in a fight, had his scholarship pulled, went to a small D1-AA school and by all accounts reformed himself quite well into a hard worker with good character.

When we got him I'd say he was in real need of NFL level conditioning, since D1-AA programs don't have the resources D1A schools do. But he's got the raw natural size and agility you look for in the dancing bear NT type.

Jamal is a stop gap while they see if Baker has it. Fields is part of the rotation as well. They've got some good NT depth now. Could we use a young DL? Of course. But it is no longer an immediately pressing need.

My bad, I thought I remember seeing him out there gettng pushed around at the end of the year.

gunns
04-23-2010, 12:12 PM
The D is currently better than the O and we still have three picks in the next two rounds. No reason for panic (unless you have a problem with Tebow/Thomas in particular).

Also, people are underestimating how much this team likes Baker. They carried him on the roster all last season and gave him as big a bonus as any UDFA. They think they've found a real player in him. Couple that with some other young talent still on the DL (Fields is in his late 20's, McBean is 25) and we aren't exactly sending out a bunch of borderline retirees with nothing behind them.

Its a deep draft and we could still find some very good playmakers in the middle rounds for the defense and offensive line.

I understand that we have picks left and my hope lies there. But saying the D is currently better than the O is saying nothing. It's like saying the D is better than the D Shanahan left. There was no place to go but up and it doesn't mean they are anywhere near where they should be. I don't have a problem with the picks themselves, just with the positions. I doubt that many can even name the DL we had last year, Champ is aging, and out of the FA's last year for D, only Dawkins was an absolute stand out. Some are good and show potential, others appear to be average.

Glad you are willing to settle. And I heard about the upgrade last year when ANYTHING was an upgrade. Yes, I hope and I pray they are a significant upgrade, but you plan for the future in case they aren't. We picked up a QB too in the off season. Why did we pick up another QB in the draft when we already had 3 if that's your position on the D.

OBF1
04-23-2010, 12:16 PM
WOW.... that did not take long. Denver drafts Tebow, Old posters rise from the grave, Coincidence... I think not.

Taco John
04-23-2010, 12:24 PM
wow.... That did not take long. Denver drafts tebow, old posters rise from the grave, coincidence... I think not.

lol!

Chris
04-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I love Tim Tebow but if he resurrected this sour puss I may have to change my opinion.

pdaddy
04-23-2010, 12:52 PM
My bad, I thought I remember seeing him out there gettng pushed around at the end of the year.

He did not start any games last year. Was activated for one (against Pittsburgh I recall). Didn't see much action in that game - certainly not enough to judge whether he's the real deal or not.

Looked great in pre-season though!

Sounds like Marcus Thomas (who you did see getting pushed around, and out of position, a lot at the end of the year) is losing weight and moving to DE. He was not a good nose tackle last year. Also, some talk that Fields will be moved to DE and play less NT. If true, signing J. Williams makes a lot of sense, and Baker should see a lot of action.

Wouldn't break my heart if they draft no NT's (and maybe try to pick one up as UDFA again). I would like to see them pick up a stud DE/5 tech. I was bummed Odrick was still on the board when they pulled off the Tebow trade. I thought they were moving up to take Odrick or Dan Williams. No such luck.

listopencil
04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Rascal- you just did the same thing that you are accusing the "retards" of doing. So welcome back, I guess. Looks like you fit right in.

ghwk
04-23-2010, 02:10 PM
WOW.... that did not take long. Denver drafts Tebow, Old posters rise from the grave, Coincidence... I think not.

This gets my vote for post of the day. :notworthy

Hogan11
04-23-2010, 02:20 PM
What's Slap think of the pick Rascal?

Hope you're staying away from that Good Charlotte crap these days.

Florida_Bronco
04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
Welcome back Rascal.

Rascal
04-23-2010, 02:45 PM
Project much?

Those that were offended are the only ones that my comment applies to.

Rascal
04-23-2010, 02:46 PM

You can think, incorrectly I might add, all you want, but I can't post on the southstands at work so I'm regulated to other options.

Rascal
04-23-2010, 02:48 PM
I love Tim Tebow but if he resurrected this sour puss I may have to change my opinion.

I'm not sure you know who I am around here. But I'm pretty sure I have no idea who you are.

Rascal
04-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Rascal- you just did the same thing that you are accusing the "retards" of doing. So welcome back, I guess. Looks like you fit right in.

See three posts up.

Rascal
04-23-2010, 02:51 PM
What's Slap think of the pick Rascal?

Hope you're staying away from that Good Charlotte crap these days.

I have no idea.

I have to assume so since I have no idea what "Good Charlotte crap" means.

Rascal
04-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Good to see some of you guys (Bman, Mediator, Florida). Life is doing well. Had a kid recently so free time is non-existent. Also got a promotion at work so any free time there is gone as well (today the exception because nobody is here). Been traveling a lot (Europe, ME, Dominican Republic, etc) and having lots of fun. Cheers.

Feel free to throw the dirt back on.

Hogan11
04-23-2010, 04:06 PM
I have no idea.

I have to assume so since I have no idea what "Good Charlotte crap" means.

Whoops, got you confused with Mile High Shack, sorry about that, it's been awhile.