PDA

View Full Version : Ed Werder: Orton didn't ride on the team bus to games rode in McD's car

BMarsh615
04-23-2010, 08:17 AM
Just said it on ESPN LOL

Contradicted Mort's claim by saying McD thinks Tebow can be the face of the franchise and McDaniels likes to have an extremely close relationship with his QB's.

Said Tebow was the "centerpiece" of McD's draft plans. Asked McDaniels what would have happened if another team drafted Tebow and Mcd said it would have felt like a punch to the gut.

Tebow apparently went to a sports store before the draft and bought those Broncos hats.

BigPlayShay
04-23-2010, 08:20 AM
I think this was brought up some time last year that Orton and McD carpooled.

jhns
04-23-2010, 08:21 AM
Did he get road head like the guy in the limo?

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 08:21 AM
I'm confused. What you wrote doesn't make sense to me. I've read it twice...

TheReverend
04-23-2010, 08:33 AM
I'm confused. What you wrote doesn't make sense to me. I've read it twice...

Yeah the thread title doesn't seem to apply to the rest of the post... or is that just me?

Rabb
04-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Yeah the thread title doesn't seem to apply to the rest of the post... or is that just me?

no I also had an issue comprehending the connection there

but I am kinda' stupid so I just brushed it off

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 08:35 AM

Thank Tebow, I thought it was just me.

CHANGSTER
04-23-2010, 08:35 AM
I expected this to be an Orton bashing thread and then I needed more context. What did Mort say exactly?

Rabb
04-23-2010, 08:36 AM
thank tebow, i thought it was just me.

rofl!

maher_tyler
04-23-2010, 08:36 AM
1500 post rule!

jhns
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM
He is saying that McDaniels wants Tebow as a QB because he has to have a QB that can be his best friend. Proof of that is Orton and him riding together.

That is how I read it.

Kid A
04-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Now McD will be able to ride on Tebow's back when he flies to games.

Bigdawg26
04-23-2010, 08:45 AM
I guess Tebow will be riding shot gun next year with Orton and Ben Mcdaniels in the back!

Requiem
04-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Tim says he is waiting until marriage. Is gay marriage legal in Colorado?

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Tim says he is waiting until marriage. Is gay marriage legal in Colorado?

I thought you'd be in jail by now.

lostknight
04-23-2010, 08:52 AM
Tebow told his agent to go buy the hats, and he did... Broncos hats.

Kid A
04-23-2010, 08:53 AM
I guess Tebow will be riding shot gun next year with Orton and Ben Mcdaniels in the back!

I can just picture him glumly sitting back there, staring out the window, as Tebow and Josh laugh it up in the front.

Requiem
04-23-2010, 09:04 AM
I thought you'd be in jail by now.

Actually, I was around a bunch of my friends and it made the whole pick a lot easier to swallow. I didn't even know we selected him until my mobile was going off the charts with voicemails, texts and Facebook messages filled with questions regarding my thoughts and friendly (especially from Cowboys' fans) harassment. I actually had several of my friends who have graduate from here and moved on call me this morning and asked about my personal well-being. Some of them were seriously worried because I told them I'd flip the **** if Tebow was picked in the first round by us. Eventually, I talked to my friend Gab in Miami until 4 AM last night in a drunken stupor about Tim Tebow and passed out while on the phone after about 18 Michelob Golden's and a few shots of Bacardi Razz.

I recognized that I had no control over what happens, and until Tim actually plays -- we will never know how it works out. I was pretty hammered too, and the skateboarding definitely helped. There are a lot of things to like about him, and the things he isn't good at can be correctable. (Or so I hope.)

When it comes down to it, I think McDaniels' wanted to get a guy he knows he can be creative with. Nobody has a clue how we are going to use him and although he is just a rookie, I think he will make defenses and their coordinators be careful in their planning, or that is to say be more attentive to the fact he is on the field.

That CHFF article that was posted eased my pains. I just hope this works out, and we make out well today.

gyldenlove
04-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Obviously they had to carpool it would be irresponsible to let Orton drive with less than half a bottle of black lable in him and you can't expect him to drink that much for early afternoon games.