PDA

View Full Version : Tebow snippet from MMQB

BMarsh615
04-23-2010, 08:52 AM
10. DENVER-- I think Denver had a boom-or-bust night, obviously. But Josh McDaniels told me early this morning that the Tim Tebow pick came down to Tebow meeting every one of the parameters he sets out for a quarterback: competitiveness, work ethic, leadership, traits of a winner, intelligence, toughness, productivity. I see all that, but we all know the adjustment in mechanics and style of play are going to be huge factors in whether Tebow succeeds in the NFL. McDaniels has clearly cast his lot with a risky pick. But Tebow said something to me last night about McDaniels that summed the pick up perfectly: "I told [agent] Jimmy[Sexton] all along that I wanted to play for this guy. His whole attitude is he believes in himself, and he's going to do it his way.'' Tebow and McDaniels now are tied together, and their NFL futures depend on how good the other is at his job.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/23/nfl.draft/index.html

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2010, 08:55 AM
So the MMQB's argument is mechanics....that can betaught. All those other things they listed can barely or can't be taught. I would agree that it was a high pick for him, but really...the arguments against are generally weak.

Gcver2ver3
04-23-2010, 08:59 AM
So the MMQB's argument is mechanics....that can betaught. All those other things they listed can barely or can't be taught. I would agree that it was a high pick for him, but really...the arguments against are generally weak.

it was a high pick, but they had to pick him there unless they were okay with Buffalo nabbing him first...

ludo21
04-23-2010, 09:00 AM
I have no idea if Tebow can ever be a franchise QB, but I do know that he can be productive somewhere, whether it be wild cat guy, or other gadget stuff.

Either way our goal line offense got a ton better!!

TheDave
04-23-2010, 09:01 AM
10. DENVER-- I think Denver had a boom-or-bust night, obviously. But Josh McDaniels told me early this morning that the Tim Tebow pick came down to Tebow meeting every one of the parameters he sets out for a quarterback: competitiveness, work ethic, leadership, traits of a winner, intelligence, toughness, productivity. I see all that, but we all know the adjustment in mechanics and style of play are going to be huge factors in whether Tebow succeeds in the NFL. McDaniels has clearly cast his lot with a risky pick. But Tebow said something to me last night about McDaniels that summed the pick up perfectly: "I told [agent] Jimmy[Sexton] all along that I wanted to play for this guy. His whole attitude is he believes in himself, and he's going to do it his way.'' Tebow and McDaniels now are tied together, and their NFL futures depend on how good the other is at his job.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/23/nfl.draft/index.html

Very true...

Broncos4tw
04-23-2010, 09:04 AM
While Tebow might be a lot better than some are giving him credit for, I'm still not sold on McD.. as far as I can tell, he is making the Yes-men squad. Anyone who HE doesn't get along with is gone. Anyone who kisses his butt stays. I hope his ego isn't cashing checks that his coaching can't cover.

Quality attitudes, that's one thing. That hardly translates into skill and talent. And at the end of the day, talent wins games. But McD supposedly is a QB specialiast... he supposedly can turn a dog into a pedigree. So we shall see, maybe that was the impetus for this pick.

But for the record, I don't think McD is a coaching God just yet. It's as if he assumes ALL his ideas and strategies are the right onces, solely because he is the HC. If any player, even an experienced one, tries to push their own thoughts about what would make the team better.. -bam-.. they are gone. Everyone must submit to the great Mcdaniels.

Al Wilson
04-23-2010, 09:25 AM
He got his QB, now lets win the mother****ing superbowl

Play2win
04-23-2010, 10:50 AM
It seems like their personalities mesh, which might go a long ways to both of their successes.

Broncoman13
04-23-2010, 11:09 AM
Another thing that hasn't been talked about too frequently regarding Tebow is how smart of a QB he actually is. Urb Meyer's offense is actually quite complex. McD has "stolen" plays from that offense. Tim Tebow was asked to do a lot in a very complex system. A system that isn't predicated on a traditional passing/route tree but rather combination routes similar to what McD runs in Denver. It was one of the reasons I was so intrigued with Percy Harvin last year and one of the reasons I think Tim Tebow will come along faster than many are predicting in Denver. Year one will be sub-packages for Tebow, but year two could very well lead to him being our starting QB. This process is going to go faster than people think.

jayman_37
04-23-2010, 11:11 AM
Another thing that hasn't been talked about too frequently regarding Tebow is how smart of a QB he actually is. Urb Meyer's offense is actually quite complex. McD has "stolen" plays from that offense. Tim Tebow was asked to do a lot in a very complex system. A system that isn't predicated on a traditional passing/route tree but rather combination routes similar to what McD runs in Denver. It was one of the reasons I was so intrigued with Percy Harvin last year and one of the reasons I think Tim Tebow will come along faster than many are predicting in Denver. Year one will be sub-packages for Tebow, but year two could very well lead to him being our starting QB. This process is going to go faster than people think.

Couldn't you say the same about Alex Smith?

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Didn't Bernie Kosar throw funny? He did alright for his career.

UberBroncoMan
04-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Couldn't you say the same about Alex Smith?

A valid point... not to mention Alex Smith had less talent around him at Utah.