PDA

View Full Version : Interesting take from Mortenson on Tebow

BMarsh615
04-23-2010, 05:38 AM
Mort was just on Mike and Mike and he thinks that Brady Quinn is going to be Denver's QBOTF and McDaniels drafted Tebow to just run special packages. Also said that if Denver thought that Tebow was going to be a franchise QB they would have drafted him at 11. Says McDaniels and Belichick have a unique way of gameplanning and that Belichick was sincerely intrigued at the idea of drafting Tebow to implement special packages as well.

TDmvp
04-23-2010, 05:45 AM
special packages and gimmicks plays don't win titles ...

scorpio
04-23-2010, 05:49 AM

HEY EVERYBODY, DID YOU KNOW THAT TDMVP DOESN'T LIKE THE PICK? BECAUSE HE'S GOING TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. THAT HE DOESN'T LIKE THE PICK. THE ONE THAT WE MADE YESTERDAY. THAT PICK. DOESN'T LIKE IT.

I'm just going to put that on loop for the next 5 months so I don't actually have to read your whiny bull****

jhat01
04-23-2010, 05:50 AM

What does? A franchise QB? Defense? Tell us what wins titles. Every head coach wants to know what you do and they don't..

chex
04-23-2010, 05:50 AM

Maybe in college, but def not in the pros.

I hope this isn't why we did this. How many special packages will we need to run to make this pick a success? Dan Williams could have anchored our line for years IMO. I just absolutely hate this pick.

ColoradoBuff
04-23-2010, 06:04 AM
sorry Mort....sometimes you just don't know what that faack you are talking about!

manchambo
04-23-2010, 06:18 AM
What does? A franchise QB? Defense? Tell us what wins titles. Every head coach wants to know what you do and they don't..

See, that's kind of the whole point here. Every head coach, except ours, seemed to believe that Tebow is not worth a first.

Maybe McD is right and everyone's wrong. He seems to like to put himself in the position where that has to be the case for him to succeed.

Beantown Bronco
04-23-2010, 06:27 AM
Also said that if Denver thought that Tebow was going to be a franchise QB they would have drafted him at 11.

That is the most bizarre logic I've ever heard of. I guess the Packers weren't planning on Aaron Rodgers being their franchise QB after Brett left either......

If you know that you can get the guy later, then you get the guy later. I don't know why that's so hard for some to understand.

jhat01
04-23-2010, 06:28 AM
See, that's kind of the whole point here. Every head coach, except ours, seemed to believe that Tebow is not worth a first.

Maybe McD is right and everyone's wrong. He seems to like to put himself in the position where that has to be the case for him to succeed.

Every coach? I thought there was talk about a couple teams being ready to scoop him up. But who knows?

I'm looking forward to seeing him on the field, and it's a little weird because as a Bama fan I've hated his guts for his entire college career.

Steve Sewell
04-23-2010, 06:31 AM
Thats horse hockey. He didn't draft Tebow for special packages on offense. He drafted him to make our nearly illiterate arm/wheelchair GM's like go_broncos, dragster, ~Crash~, and watermock rage on internet message boards. He also did it because he doesn't want to win.

Dedhed
04-23-2010, 06:48 AM
That is the most bizarre logic I've ever heard of. I guess the Packers weren't planning on Aaron Rodgers being their franchise QB after Brett left either......

If you know that you can get the guy later, then you get the guy later. I don't know why that's so hard for some to understand.Absolutely.

The FO played it perfectly to get their guy at maximum value. Moved back to where they thought they could get him (getting a potential stud WR in the process), and then moved up in order to ensure they got him.

BMarsh615
04-23-2010, 07:03 AM
The way Mort was talking he basically thinks Tebow = McDaniels version of Pat White.

bronclvr
04-23-2010, 07:08 AM

Gosh, I thought Belicheck had won some of those-

no-pseudo-fan
04-23-2010, 07:10 AM
The way Mort was talking he basically thinks Tebow = McDaniels version of Pat White.

this year that is what timmy will be. can not wait until pre season

WolfpackGuy
04-23-2010, 07:10 AM
Why do you draft a project at 25 when you have gaping holes at C and G?

And the Broncos got absolutely raped on their last trade by the way.

~Crash~
04-23-2010, 07:14 AM

Kind of pricey DThomas615

~Crash~
04-23-2010, 07:15 AM

this..

~Crash~
04-23-2010, 07:16 AM
I think we got a ticket seller .

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2010, 07:17 AM

No they didn't

776 to 776 on the draft chart.

Garcia Bronco
04-23-2010, 07:18 AM
this..

The draft chart says otherwise.

wolverine
04-23-2010, 07:19 AM

Because the best guard and tackle were already off the board?

As for the Broncos getting raped. After everything worked out the net is: They packaged their original first and second for two late-round firsts. Plus they gained a 3rd at the expense of a 4th ... Seems pretty good to me!

WolfpackGuy
04-23-2010, 07:19 AM
No they didn't

More like a -1000 on the reality chart.

Paladin
04-23-2010, 07:21 AM

GAping holes? I think there are some players on the current roster who can play those positions. (If you don't know who, you don't know th eBroncos very well.) Maybe McD knows his team much, much better than you do. Is the draft over yet?

Please stop being a whiney, b*tchy dumbass and go play in the traffic for a while. Try I-25.....

lod01
04-23-2010, 07:22 AM
LOL
Um....Yeah. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to look at the past SB champions to see that.

In the last 18 years, only 2 teams have won the superbowl without a franchise QB (TB & Balt.). BOTH had stellar defenses.

Tebow is a waste of time.

Paladin
04-23-2010, 07:25 AM

Bullshyte. The values by the trade chart values were equal at about 750. You have not a single clue what you are talking about.....

WolfpackGuy
04-23-2010, 07:27 AM
Please stop being a whiney, b*tchy dumbass and go play in the traffic for a while. Try I-25.....

I should go rent a Tebow jersey and try that on I-95.

I'm sure the cars will pass right through me.

TonyR
04-23-2010, 07:31 AM
Every head coach, except ours, seemed to believe that Tebow is not worth a first.

Buffalo was going to take him with their first round pick. It is also rumored that the Vikings may have been interested. And several teams would have taken him in the 2nd.

Look I don't love the pick myself but it's simply not true that people didn't like Tebow. Many teams were intrigued by him and with good reason.

DarkHorse30
04-23-2010, 07:35 AM
sorry Mort....sometimes you just don't know what that faack you are talking about!

Bingo. Adam Schefter makes all these ESPN wannabees look STOOPID (especially Mort and that other little dweeb that looks like he must have been weaned on meth)

gunns
04-23-2010, 08:07 AM
No they didn't

I get the numbers thing as far as value, what I question is the value of the pick itself. A project that will probably not start until year 3 in the first round. I understand the draft is for the future but round one is generally for the immediate future, 2nd year at the latest. I just hope we fill those holes we have on the anchors of our team, the OL and DL, today with people that can help us in the immediate future. And if McD is so good at coaching people to become QB's, he better start with the other one's on the team immediately.

ChSuperStar
04-23-2010, 08:20 AM
No they didn't

if we gave up a 4th and 43rd, i would have been ok with it. when ever were ever that had equal value. Not giving up the 70.

also for thomas they had no reason to jump up 2 spots again. so what they got for bmarsh and trading down twice is now equal to one extra pick + project called tebow to run gimick plays.

i dont have tebow, but i hate him at 25. i would have been fine with him at 43 or 45 and would have loved the pick at 70 or 83.

tsiguy96
04-23-2010, 08:22 AM
I get the numbers thing as far as value, what I question is the value of the pick itself. A project that will probably not start until year 3 in the first round. I understand the draft is for the future but round one is generally for the immediate future, 2nd year at the latest. I just hope we fill those holes we have on the anchors of our team, the OL and DL, today with people that can help us in the immediate future. And if McD is so good at coaching people to become QB's, he better start with the other one's on the team immediately.

like rivers and rodgers..

Popcorn Sutton
04-23-2010, 08:30 AM
More like a -1000 on the reality chart.

They moved up a LONG way... you can't do that for peanuts... a 3rd and a 4th to move from 43 to 24 is not getting "raped."

You may not like the pick but the trade was fair.

Popcorn Sutton
04-23-2010, 08:32 AM
if we gave up a 4th and 43rd, i would have been ok with it. when ever were ever that had equal value. Not giving up the 70.

also for thomas they had no reason to jump up 2 spots again. so what they got for bmarsh and trading down twice is now equal to one extra pick + project called tebow to run gimick plays.

i dont have tebow, but i hate him at 25. i would have been fine with him at 43 or 45 and would have loved the pick at 70 or 83.

He wouldn't have been there at those picks.

Popcorn Sutton
04-23-2010, 08:34 AM

First, he may start sooner. ESPN is not the authority on these things. Second, unlike other QB prospects, he will most likely see the field in short yardage and wildcat packages while he's being developed as a prospect.

Popcorn Sutton
04-23-2010, 08:36 AM

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12676487161

There are also a slew of other teams still seeking a QB.

gunns
04-23-2010, 08:38 AM

Uh, both had pro bowl QB's already on board. We don't. And neither were considered a project when drafted. I'm very much aware that any drafted QB has to learn behind the guy in front of him about playing in the NFL but most first round QB picks do not have as big a "changing" curve with their own mechanics as Tebow.

tsiguy96
04-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Uh, both had pro bowl QB's already on board. We don't. And neither were considered a project when drafted. I'm very much aware that any drafted QB has to learn behind the guy in front of him about playing in the NFL but most first round QB picks do not have as big a "changing" curve with their own mechanics as Tebow.

so because they sat and succeeded, means tebow cant because hes a project. so give me another option for a QB with the upside of tebow, play him right away?

strafen
04-23-2010, 08:45 AM
With this pick (Tebow) a new generation of haters are born.
Funny how I was being attacked by these same people for criticizing McDaniels, now new born haters. :rofl:
Now they re on the good side, they've just just joined me, and I'm glad to have them :~ohyah!:

I do however like the pick, and still don't like McDaniels.

tsr28
04-23-2010, 08:49 AM
If Tebow is the QBOTF then hopefully Ryan Harris gets back full strength as he would be the new blind side protector and not Ryan Clady.

strafen
04-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Mort was just on Mike and Mike and he thinks that Brady Quinn is going to be Denver's QBOTF and McDaniels drafted Tebow to just run special packages. Also said that if Denver thought that Tebow was going to be a franchise QB they would have drafted him at 11. Says McDaniels and Belichick have a unique way of gameplanning and that Belichick was sincerely intrigued at the idea of drafting Tebow to implement special packages as well.

These morons don't want to give up, do they?
They still want to prove to the world that Tebow won't make it to the NFL as a QB.
They've got to win this one. Too much crap been said already about Tebow to just stay quiet and let it go because he's got drafted in the 1st round.
Everybody and their dogs, everybody that never even saw Tebow play QB in college was hating Tebow.
Tim Tebow will surprise a lot of people. Bank it!

gunns
04-23-2010, 09:02 AM
so because they sat and succeeded, means tebow cant because hes a project. so give me another option for a QB with the upside of tebow, play him right away?

They sat because they had Pro Bowl QB's already playing, not because they were projects. We've basically got 4 projects on board. If Rivers or Rodgers were drafted in our situation they possibly would have started immediately, struggled the first year because of the NFL learning curve, not their own mechanics. I agree Tebow has an upside, if he doesn't succeed it won't be for lack of effort. My problem isn't Tebow, it's where he was drafted. Take your "glory hallelujuah sermon he'll be great" sermon to someone else. As usual you've missed the point again.

Popcorn Sutton
04-23-2010, 09:09 AM
They sat because they had Pro Bowl QB's already playing, not because they were projects. We've basically got 4 projects on board. If Rivers or Rodgers were drafted in our situation they possibly would have started immediately, struggled the first year because of the NFL learning curve, not their own mechanics. I agree Tebow has an upside, if he doesn't succeed it won't be for lack of effort. My problem isn't Tebow, it's where he was drafted. Take your "glory hallelujuah sermon he'll be great" sermon to someone else. As usual you've missed the point again.

I'd like to draft all of our prospects later but that isn't how it works. Tebow was coming off the board soon. New England had been linked to Tebow and both New England and Baltimore are notorious for trading back which would have opened up the possibility of another team jumping in. Perhaps Minny or Buffalo... who knows.

HEAV
04-23-2010, 09:19 AM

Watch the Steelers vs Seahawks Superbowl...

TDmvp
04-23-2010, 12:48 PM

God you are ignorant ... River and Rodgers was good qbs with great qb's in front of them. Unlike Tebow who does not have a pro skill set and at this point couldn't even be a back up and we have crap in front of him...

Watch the Steelers vs Seahawks Superbowl...

If you think the Steelers won the Super Bowl that year because of one pass play from a Wr on a throw back and not a GREAT D and strong running you are Fing lost ... God i hope that's not how you justify us wasting a #1 on Tebow...

I could care less what super homers think about this pick because you are the same morons who thought the Quinn pick was brilliant I'm guessing.

If we picked this lame a$$ spread running Qb for "special packages" we are officially dumber than the Bengals.

ghwk
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I just hope that Tim plays better than Timmy on South Park