PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Sh*t Mel Kiper/Dukes ETC. say

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 02:10 AM
This could be a great compilation of stupid **** that the asshat talking heads say!

I Mel Kiper saying stuff like:

"Kyle Wilson tackles like Polamalu" (I saw no video evidence at all)

EVERYONE is the next Ryan Clady

"Tim Tebow has no arm strength and has no chance to play at the NFL level"

Jamie Dukes:

Sorry ass stab at the broncos "Because they won so many games the past few years" - we only won the ones you said we wouldn't before you got taken off the air, jackass.

What did you guys catch?

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Mel Kiper attacking and yelling at McShay yesterday because Clausen didn't get drafted. What an asshole.

Dagmar
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
Mel Kiper thinks Jimmy Clausen is the 4th most talented player in the whole draft. He's not biased though because of their links, noooooo...

DomCasual
04-23-2010, 02:30 PM
There isn't a single guy on TV that bugs me more than Jamie Dukes.

tsiguy96
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM
mel kiper is insufferable. mcshay isnt as bad, but combine them with the former players who are AWFUL analysts and ESPN basically not caring about the actual draft, its pretty bad.

spdirty
04-23-2010, 02:33 PM
Thank Tebow for the nfl network and Mike Mayock.

Bronco Yoda
04-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Dukes is such an idiot

crush17
04-23-2010, 02:44 PM
I would gut Jamie Dukes if I had the chance.

briane
04-23-2010, 02:49 PM
they are two of the biggest ass clowns on tv...

gotfredson
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
they are two of the biggest ass clowns on tv...

I second the notion

Broncoman13
04-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Mel Kiper attacking and yelling at McShay yesterday because Clausen didn't get drafted. What an a-hole.

They were going at it before the draft and Kiper was being a real d*ck. Didn't bother listening/watching ESPN again for the rest of the draft.

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 02:55 PM
They were going at it before the draft and Kiper was being a real d*ck. Didn't bother listening/watching ESPN again for the rest of the draft.

I understand competitive banter, but holy ****, I felt so bad for McShay. There was nothing he could do to halt the onslaught of douchebaggary.

I'm a Broadcaster too, and I would be hard pressed not to punch my co-host in the face if that ever happened.

hookemhess
04-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Mel Kiper thinks Jimmy Clausen is the 4th most talented player in the whole draft. He's not biased though because of their links, noooooo...

What are their links?

tsiguy96
04-23-2010, 02:59 PM
i just dont understand why ESPN feels the need to ignore everything thats actually happening to continue with BS storylines. guess waht, when a team has a pick in, dont flash over to colt mccoy, NO ONE cares, and i mean that literally. they dont realize we dont watch the draft for storylines, we watch it for COVERAGE

ColoradoDarin
04-23-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't know why anyone watches ESPN for draft coverage.

NFLN>>>>>>>>>>>>>E!spn

BroncoLifer
04-23-2010, 03:21 PM
I'm a Broadcaster too, and I would be hard pressed not to punch my co-host in the face if that ever happened.

Ron Zappolo, is that you?

Merlin
04-23-2010, 03:25 PM
They may be jackass, but tebow was a idiotic pick. Hell, even in his text to PK explaining why he thought Tebow was good pick McD did not bother to mention a single tangible quality Tebow had. It was all about his intangibles. That is moronic, you can have all the intangibles you want, but if you lack the skills, all you'll make is a good bench warmer...

Hogan11
04-23-2010, 03:25 PM
i just dont understand why ESPN feels the need to ignore everything thats actually happening to continue with BS storylines. guess waht, when a team has a pick in, dont flash over to colt mccoy, NO ONE cares, and i mean that literally. they dont realize we dont watch the draft for storylines, we watch it for COVERAGE

Because the E in ESPN stands for entertainment, storylines are the be all to end all for them.

JJJ
04-23-2010, 03:44 PM

Why this guy still has a job in TV is beyond me. His squelly voice is like sandpaper across an open eye.

DenverBrit
04-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Just a reminder how wrong the talking heads can be.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TIiIwXJ2XOM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TIiIwXJ2XOM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

KipCorrington25
04-23-2010, 05:11 PM
What was Mayock's take on Tebow?

DenverBrit
04-23-2010, 05:18 PM
What was Mayock's take on Tebow?

Mike Mayock: Tim Tebow is a physical specimen with off-the-chart intangibles. Redshirt him at least once; maybe redshirt him twice.
I want that kind of kid in my huddle and in my building leading my franchise.
I believe in the kid. You want to talk about athletic ability, he ran a 6.66-second three-cone drill, which is almost better than any wide receiver or corner at the combine.
This is an athletic kid who will compete down the road for the Broncos.

orange&blue87
04-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Dukes called Scheffler a "Franchise TE"

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 05:34 PM
dukes called scheffler a "franchise te"

rofl

Hogan11
04-23-2010, 05:50 PM
he ran a 6.66-second three-cone drill

Just another sign that he's the anti-Christ.

Dedhed
04-23-2010, 05:58 PM

The NFLN set is so much better when Dukes isn't on there.

Circle Orange
04-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Because the E in ESPN stands for entertainment, storylines are the be all to end all for them.

Yah, its ratings when the media pundits fight on the airwaves. :~ohyah!:

Joe Thiesemannnnnnn said today that he didn't quite 'get' the 25th pick, and said intangibles don't win games. Tangibles such as completing accurate passes, reading the field and running the offense does the job. Says you can't lead anyone with intangibles if you ain't on the field.

Meanwhile, my cousin is a real sweet guy, and his charisma is off the charts. Called special by some. Can he qb for the broncs? He needs money. ;D

Archer81
04-23-2010, 06:34 PM

That would be an all day job.

:Broncos:

maher_tyler
04-23-2010, 07:20 PM

It's close between those two..as soon as i see Dukes on set while watching NFLN..i immediately change the channel before he even has a chance to say anything!

Archer81
04-23-2010, 07:28 PM
My issue with Dukes is he tries to educate people that know more about football than he does. It only makes him stupid, and when he is corrected, he spins off into a bobble head hand gesticulation gagging sound routine until the camera mercifully pans away.

maher_tyler
04-23-2010, 07:30 PM
The NFLN set is so much better when Dukes isn't on there.

It seems like when ever i do painfully watch him on there..the other guys on set are looking him as if they were to say "god this guy is a ****ing dumb ass"! It's like NFLN just keeps him on there so he can keep embarrassing himself..except he's the only one who doesn't see it!!

nickademus
04-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Thank Tebow for the nfl network and Mike Mayock.

add Cory Chavous to that!

27atwater
04-23-2010, 09:06 PM
I don't know why anyone watches ESPN for draft coverage.

NFLN>>>>>>>>>>>>>E!spn

The edge of the screen blows NFLN away, but you are all right about the coverage/broadcasters. ESPN is uber-weak...I actually sent em an email expressing my displeasure. Too many commercials. Talking over the picks being announced. Too many meaningless interviews. We watch the draft becase we wanna see...the draft.

cutthemdown
04-23-2010, 09:08 PM

What are you a butcher? Hell gutting a live swordfish would be easier. You better bring a big knife.

27atwater
04-23-2010, 09:09 PM
I've also noticed that the "experts" can't get away from the Tebow thing. We started losing when Bmore had a bye week to realize our interior Oline was elderly and weak. Then everyone followed suit. We grab 2 interior Olinemen and 2 Wrs and all they talk about is Tebow.

Even more, Dukes says that we went from Cutler to Tebow. Ummm...actually, we went from Cutler to Orton, D Thomas, A Smith, Ayers and Tebow. They choose to forget that we got quite a bit from that deal. It's frustrating how much that can't see betyond what their closed minds want to.

meangene
04-24-2010, 03:11 AM
My issue with Dukes is he tries to educate people that know more about football than he does. It only makes him stupid, and when he is corrected, he spins off into a bobble head hand gesticulation gagging sound routine until the camera mercifully pans away.

He is an embarrassment to the network - was absolutely rude to Mora Jr. who kept looking at him like "what a dick!". Mentioned repeatedly how Mora got fired after one year in Seattle making some inane comparison to McD getting fired because we drafted Tebow and he would not help us win now. His lack of any knowledge does not even slow down the volume or frequency of his opinions. His bias against Denver and his bias towards players (no matter what the circumstances) is readily apparent. He adds absolutely nothing to their broadcasts and consistently drowns out actually knowledgeable opinions. Why they keep him is beyond me.