PDA

View Full Version : Do we deal Orton/Quinn Tomorrow?

Doggcow
04-22-2010, 11:32 PM
What do you guys think? Do we keep Orton, or do we deal him to a team that needs a QB?

I would love to see him traded. I think it might just happen too.

strafen
04-22-2010, 11:34 PM
Yes, and I can see Orton being dealt to a team like Buffalo...

Sassy
04-22-2010, 11:34 PM
I don't know...in his interview McD said right now Orton is the starting QB...and if someone passes him in camp...things will change ...

Kid A
04-22-2010, 11:35 PM
No. Not a chance we want to plan on going into week 1 with Tebow as our starter. With a year invested in him learning the system, Orton seems the only/best choice to be the veteran starter while grooming the two younger QBs.

SoCalBronco
04-22-2010, 11:36 PM
Orton is a good bridge to 2011. Need to give Tebow at least one year and maybe two to be ready. They need someone serviceable to bridge the gap. I'd be shocked if they dealt him. I don't think they'll get rid of Quinn either for the same reason. I think they'd like two vets at the top in case one goes down so they don't have to rush Tim into things if there's an emergency.

yerner
04-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Why the hell would they do that? He's is the starting Qb.

Doggcow
04-22-2010, 11:37 PM
Wonder how many people that don't want to trade Orton now were bashing him all season/last year?

montrose
04-22-2010, 11:38 PM
Keep 'em all. Flipping QBs is a smart business. If Quinn or Brandstater look good in camp and another team has a need - move them for picks then.

What Would Tim Tebow Do?
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/49821/tebowrain3.jpg
Founding Members: Montrose, SoCal

boppool
04-22-2010, 11:39 PM
No. If anyone's getting traded, it would be Brandstater and he has no trade value right now..

NFLBRONCO
04-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Tebow is a 2 yr project.

Rausch 2.0
04-22-2010, 11:53 PM
Tebow is a 2 yr project ask Matt Cassel let him learn slowly.

Yeah.

Your QB probably shouldn't be allowed around Cassel at the **** all.

EVAR.

IN HIS LIFE...

spdirty
04-23-2010, 12:02 AM
yeah Id like to see Orton get moved. Be nice to see his sorry ass get moved back to Chicago.

strafen
04-23-2010, 12:07 AM
I don't know...in his interview McD said right now Orton is the starting QB...and if someone passes him in camp...things will change ...

And he had said similar things in the past about Hillis, Cutler, Scheffler, Marshall, etc...
I've learned to take what Mcdaniels says with a grain of salt. Matter of fact, everytime he says something like that, you can pretty much consider it the death knell

strafen
04-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Wonder how many people that don't want to trade Orton now were bashing him all season/last year?I promise you, I wasn't one of them.
I can't wait to see him gone!
He's going to be a hurdle to our plan moving forward...

ZONA
04-23-2010, 12:16 AM
Who knows. It's not like McD knew he would be able to get Tbow. Don't think there can be 4 QB's on the team. Brandstater has no trade value and I doubt he gets cut when he's got potential and a much higher ceiling then Quinn or Orton. I think McD will be open to moving one of them. But, there is also the chance that we keep all 3 of our QB's and create a new position on the team for Tbow (maybe Wildhorses secret weopon) as he develops.

Taco John
04-23-2010, 12:20 AM
If anyone gets traded, I would expect it would be Brandstater in a "move up" type of situation.

Hogan11
04-23-2010, 12:20 AM
What would Buffalo give Denver for Tebow?

broncocalijohn
04-23-2010, 12:28 AM
yeah Id like to see Orton get moved. Be nice to see his sorry ass get moved back to Chicago.

so you want Tebow, Brandstater and Quinn to compete for the starting job? Hell NO! Orton gives us the best chance to win. Having these QBs will not only give us depth, it gives us a future and potential chances at trading one that is needed by another team. Hell, look what SD got for Whithurst to Seattle. Keep 'em, let 'em compete and best man wins which will be Orton.

DBroncos4life
04-23-2010, 12:33 AM
Thank god the Brandstater era is over in Denver.

ZONA
04-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Thank god the Brandstater era is over in Denver.

Thanks for the update Mr. Crystal Ball.

strafen
04-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Thank god the Orton era is over in Denver.

Fixed it for you! :~ohyah!:

spdirty
04-23-2010, 12:46 AM
so you want Tebow, Brandstater and Quinn to compete for the starting job? Hell NO! Orton gives us the best chance to win. Having these QBs will not only give us depth, it gives us a future and potential chances at trading one that is needed by another team. Hell, look what SD got for Whithurst to Seattle. Keep 'em, let 'em compete and best man wins which will be Orton.

Look, I just cant stand the guy. I know he's starting next year, and I accept that. But I wouldnt be at all upset if we traded him tomorrow. Im like a woman on this one, so dont try to change my opinion with logic. I just want him out of here. Im sick of his arm, Im sick of his dumbass Plummer wannabe beard, Im sick of him missing open receivers, Im sick of seeing him walking back to the sideline with that dumbass "my bad" look on his face while McD starts chewing his ass, Im sick of the dink and dunk bull**** which seems to be the ONLY offense he can run. He's never going to do jack **** in this league without a monster running game, a "1st in the league" defense, and a great offensive line. When I see him in that huddle I see that there is no chance in hell that we have a shot at winning a Super Bowl.

That said, I understand he will likely be our starter next year and right now Im OK with that, because we now have 2, maybe 3 guys right on his ass that have higher ceilings than him, and next year, Tim Tebow willing, his ass be gone.

strafen
04-23-2010, 12:51 AM
Look, I just cant stand the guy. I know he's starting next year, and I accept that. But I wouldnt be at all upset if we traded him tomorrow. Im like a woman on this one, so dont try to change my opinion with logic. I just want him out of here. Im sick of his arm, Im sick of his dumbass Plummer wannabe beard, Im sick of him missing open receivers, Im sick of seeing him walking back to the sideline with that dumbass "my bad" look on his face while McD starts chewing his ass, Im sick of the dink and dunk bull**** which seems to be the ONLY offense he can run. He's never going to do jack **** in this league without a monster running game, a "1st in the league" defense, and a great offensive line. When I see him in that huddle I see that there is no chance in hell that we have a shot at winning a Super Bowl.

That said, I understand he will likely be our starter next year and right now Im OK with that, because we now have 2, maybe 3 guys right on his ass that have higher ceilings than him, and next year, Tim Tebow willing, his ass be gone.Amen !
Everything I've ever said about Orton, you just compiled it all into that post!
Rep! :thumbs:

DBroncos4life
04-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the update Mr. Crystal Ball.

Power ball numbers are
11-34-41-49-55-20