PDA

View Full Version : hmmmmmmm

Spider
04-22-2010, 10:53 PM
odd draft to say the least .........be interesting to see tomorrow .....still keeping the faith , but I am a tad bit concerned ;D

strafen
04-22-2010, 10:53 PM
We will keep stocking up on offense!

Archer81
04-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Where the **** have you been?

:Broncos:

Popps
04-22-2010, 10:55 PM
Last year, 3 of our first 4 picks were defensive players.

bronco610
04-22-2010, 10:57 PM
odd draft to say the least .........be interesting to see tomorrow .....still keeping the faith , but I am a tad bit concerned ;D

Bought time you showed up !!!! I understand you have been avoiding the front page.

Quoydogs
04-22-2010, 11:03 PM
Say what you will I think we needed and QB. Tebow will be a good player in a couple years and I think Orton or Quinn will be enough until then.

The WR I did not know much about but I like his size. He looked a bit like a punk but that was the first time I had seen him. Maybe someone here would be nice enough to fill me in.

I know there are spots we needed way more but all in all I think it is ok.

Dagmar
04-22-2010, 11:06 PM
AM I the only one worried about the destruction and murder being caused by listopencil and Reqium right now?

ro_50
04-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Say what you will I think we needed and QB. Tebow will be a good player in a couple years and I think Orton or Quinn will be enough until then.

The WR I did not know much about but I like his size. He looked a bit like a punk but that was the first time I had seen him. Maybe someone here would be nice enough to fill me in.

I know there are spots we needed way more but all in all I think it is ok.

By all accounts, D Thomas is the anti-Brandon Marshall in terms of character. The kid was a solid guy at GA Tech and came from a tough background (mom is in jail and grandmother also was in jail) and father was overseas with the army. He was raised by his uncle and aunt and was a solid citizen in high school and college.

My cousin attends GA Tech and he said Thomas never got into any trouble at Tech, didn't complain about the offense they ran (triple option) despite not seeing the ball as much as he would've in a pass-happy offense.

Stop making assumptions like "he looked a bit like a punk" just based on one viewing.

worm
04-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Last year, 3 of our first 4 picks were defensive players.

8 out of the last 12 draft picks have been O.

Popps
04-22-2010, 11:15 PM

Cool, let's balance that with the rest of this draft... and the FA moves we've made thus far, and see where we are.

We went heavy D in FA so far. We basically replaced a whole defense last season. We had offensive struggles. We lost a problematic but productive WR, so we grabbed another.

I'm not wild about this first round, even though I do like these players, individually. But, we've taken a balanced approach to rebuilding this team.

Rohirrim
04-22-2010, 11:16 PM
We're going to the shotgun spread. Buckle your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy ride. ;D

worm
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Cool, let's balance that with the rest of this draft... and the FA moves we've made thus far, and see where we are.

We went heavy D in FA so far. We basically replaced a whole defense last season. We had offensive struggles. We lost a problematic but productive WR, so we grabbed another.

I'm not wild about this first round, even though I do like these players, individually. But, we've taken a balanced approach to rebuilding this team.

Young guys for both the lines Popps. I don't think that is too much to ask for.

gunns
04-22-2010, 11:27 PM
We will keep stocking up on offense!

That will probably put me over the edge

sgbfan
04-22-2010, 11:30 PM

You should use the draft value chart to determine whether the draft has been more offense or defense heavy. Seems logical to me.

gunns
04-22-2010, 11:31 PM

I just hope that this isn't a replica of what Shanahan did. While I like the D attention I'm unsure of the players. Hopefully they pan out and aren't the garbage that Shanahan often threw at the D.

SoDak Bronco
04-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Tebow was able to rise spider from the grave

Broncos4Life
04-22-2010, 11:33 PM
The sky is falling!

Quoydogs
04-22-2010, 11:47 PM
By all accounts, D Thomas is the anti-Brandon Marshall in terms of character. The kid was a solid guy at GA Tech and came from a tough background (mom is in jail and grandmother also was in jail) and father was overseas with the army. He was raised by his uncle and aunt and was a solid citizen in high school and college.

My cousin attends GA Tech and he said Thomas never got into any trouble at Tech, didn't complain about the offense they ran (triple option) despite not seeing the ball as much as he would've in a pass-happy offense.

Stop making assumptions like "he looked a bit like a punk" just based on one viewing.
Dude I was not trying to be rude, that's why I asked. Sounds like a good guy with nice speed and height. By chance do you know what his vert. was? I just watched a highlight real and looks to play a lot like Colston from the Saints and I like that. He should accompany Royal rather well.