PDA

View Full Version : We are the Laughing Stock of the NFL

SoDak Bronco
04-22-2010, 10:04 PM
Thanks coach McD...You turned one of the proudest franchises in the NFL into the laughing stock of the leauge. I hope you prove me wrong, but I haven't ever been this frustrated with an NFL draft. WE HAVE ALL these holes, and you trade back trade back, pick up a WR with a bum foot and draft a QB that MANY and i do say MANY draft analsyts say is a 2 year project..can you say EGO??!!!...WOW.. I have been one of the biggest supporters of Coach McD but I am officially putting him on the HOTSEAT starting right now. If I am Champ or one of the Vets, i am pissed he didn't address the defense especially with all the holes still left on the offensive line..Really bummed right now, wish we had a better GM in place to put McD in check.. I think he has way to much control, may be a very good gameday coach but that doesn't mean he's a good personnel guy.

Archer81
04-22-2010, 10:05 PM
The world's tiniest violin is playing for you right now.

Take a breath man, seriously. Heaven forbid Jamie Dukes doesnt like our picks. What else is new?

:Broncos:

Rohirrim
04-22-2010, 10:07 PM

Take a breath man, seriously. Heaven forbid Jamie Dukes doesnt like our picks. What else is new?

Speaking of ego.

SportinOne
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
you think we JUST NOW became the laughingstock of the NFL?

haha, okay.

SoDak Bronco

umm..okay? If it were just Dukes, I'd agree, but we both know thats not the truth..We had a chance for an epic draft, and I'm afraid we just fell flat on our face.

tsiguy96
you think we JUST NOW became the laughingstock of the NFL?

haha, okay.

yea, 8-8 teams usually are the laughing stock of the league. not 2 win teams.

yerner
04-22-2010, 10:09 PM
I agree. They had a chance to get better on both lines and they picked up guys that won't help this year. Mostly I'm pissed at the picks they gave up to get Tebow. Could have had depth everywhere.

DBroncos4life
04-22-2010, 10:09 PM
What a joke. This is the best thing for the team

TDmvp
04-22-2010, 10:10 PM
I think after last off season we already was the laughing stocks ... so it's just a continuation . Hell last year even my loser Bengal fan friends was riding me for our last off season . So the Tebow pick i'm sure is going to be great fun ... not .

Archer81
umm..okay? If it were just Dukes, I'd agree, but we both know thats not the truth..We had a chance for an epic draft, and I'm afraid we just fell flat on our face.

After one round?

bpc
You know it's a bad day when I actually like the two picks (would have preferred Tebow later, but think he's got the foundation to be very good) and all the McD's supporters are bashing him. ha ha.

SoDak Bronco
What a joke. This is the best thing for the team

How does he help us win? Next year? are you on a 5-6 year plan? lol, even that isn't a sure thing.

Rulon Velvet Jones
Is the draft over?

ColoradoBuff
get off the ledge SoDak....let everyone bash us, we will have the last laugh! all is well in Broncoland!

Hercules Rockefeller
04-22-2010, 10:11 PM
If other's opinions of the Broncos affect you in any meaningful way, get a life. It's a football team, that's it.

scttgrd
04-22-2010, 10:11 PM

So, who's the center smart guy? Tell me that we needed a developmental QB more than a high quality center or a young nose tackle? Your an idiot like our coach.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-22-2010, 10:12 PM
The crappiest part was that watching Mayock trying to hold down the laughter with the pick. If it was Mel Kiper. I would give a damn, but it was Mayock. Look the guy goit it right with Young, Linart, and Cutler. Then he got it right with Ryan, and Stafard. And I bet you dollars to donuts that he gets it right here.

DBroncos4life
04-22-2010, 10:13 PM
How does he help us win? Next year? are you on a 5-6 year plan? lol, even that isn't a sure thing.

There is a bigger picture, but 10 wins next year just because Tebow is on our sideline.

Kid A
yea, 8-8 teams usually are the laughing stock of the league. not 2 win teams.

No kidding. McDaniels is obviously not doing himself any favors if he wants to fly under the radar with his rather bold moves, but ultimately (in my mind) a team/franchise/coach is judged by the results on the field. And by that standard we just look like an average team in a transition period.

If we dive bomb this next season we can start talking "laughing stock." Until then, to the rest of the league, we're just a curiosity with a lot of question marks that is coming off a wildly inconsistent season.

Dukes
So, who's the center smart guy? Tell me that we needed a developmental QB more than a high quality center or a young nose tackle? Your an idiot like our coach.

Dude, one center in the entire draft has been taken. You think Pouncey is the only Center worth being drafted? Cry me a ****ing river.

ColoradoBuff
04-22-2010, 10:18 PM
what center was worthy of the 25 pick smart guy? JD Walton, Matt Tennant, etc sure the hell weren't. They are all 2nd to 3rd round grades. And McD talked about how NT Dan Williams only had one good season at Tennessee. Do some research before you start calling others out!

Archer81
04-22-2010, 10:21 PM

You are the idiot for crying like you got sand in your cooch after ONE round in the draft.

Did the whole "deepest draft" in decades part not penetrate for you? We have 5 more picks. Hold the crying game until AFTER the draft is completely over.

Victor
04-22-2010, 10:22 PM
Thanks coach McD...You turned one of the proudest franchises in the NFL into the laughing stock of the leauge. I hope you prove me wrong, but I haven't ever been this frustrated with an NFL draft. WE HAVE ALL these holes, and you trade back trade back, pick up a WR with a bum foot and draft a QB that MANY and i do say MANY draft analsyts say is a 2 year project..can you say EGO??!!!...WOW.. I have been one of the biggest supporters of Coach McD but I am officially putting him on the HOTSEAT starting right now. If I am Champ or one of the Vets, i am pissed he didn't address the defense especially with all the holes still left on the offensive line..Really bummed right now, wish we had a better GM in place to put McD in check.. I think he has way to much control, may be a very good gameday coach but that doesn't mean he's a good personnel guy.

http://earlyrecovery.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/authentic-drama-queen.jpg

Get the sand out of your vagina STAT!

Dagmar
04-22-2010, 10:23 PM

:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy :notworthy

extralife
04-22-2010, 10:23 PM
And McD talked about how NT Dan Williams only had one good season at Tennessee.

You mean like the guy we took at 18 last year?

If Shanahan did this most people here would flip. Weren't we supposed to be valuing draft picks, building our lines, getting younger, etc., etc.? Instead we trade up twice with no competition and take a WR from an option offense and a QB that may not even be a QB.

outdoor_miner
04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Our starting center will be picked up with the next pick. As for NT - Maybe they love Chris Baker?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun

OOooohhhhh. A post accented with a pic. how bold.

Rabb
No kidding. McDaniels is obviously not doing himself any favors if he wants to fly under the radar with his rather bold moves, but ultimately (in my mind) a team/franchise/coach is judged by the results on the field. And by that standard we just look like an average team in a transition period.

If we dive bomb this next season we can start talking "laughing stock." Until then, to the rest of the league, we're just a curiosity with a lot of question marks that is coming off a wildly inconsistent season.

yes

hell even if we divebomb next year we just use that as the excuse everyone around here seemed to be looking for to dump Orton and start Tebow

it's been one ****ing day of the draft man, Jesus

Archer81
You mean like the guy we took at 18 last year?

If Shanahan did this most people here would flip. Weren't we supposed to be valuing draft picks, building our lines, getting younger, etc., etc.? Instead we trade up twice with no competition and take a WR from an option offense and a QB that may not even be a QB.

Shanahan did do things "like this".

Willie Middlebrooks? Ashley Lelie? Marcus Nash?

Banana Pants
04-22-2010, 10:25 PM
Good job McKid! Trade your superstar QB and WR to draft a couple of 2nd-3rd round projects in the 1st round.

Why did Bowlen fire Shanahan again? Suddenly Slowik doesn't look so bad at D coordinator.

azbroncfan
04-22-2010, 10:25 PM
All I know is for the first time in my life I had my Lions fan buddy, Browns fan buddy, and several of my Raider fan buddy's calling and laughing all at once.

orange&blue87
04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
he didn't address the defense especially with all the holes still left on the offensive line

Que?

That's like saying, I didn't buy an apple, even though I hate bananas.

extralife
Shanahan did do things "like this".

Willie Middlebrooks? Ashley Lelie? Marcus Nash?

I agree. This was very much a Shanahan like pick, though I have no idea how the hell those three players fit into this mold.

(Shanny did value his picks much more than Josh seems too, though. Two years and it's been pretty established that McD likes to blow picks on moving up seemingly at a whim)

Kaylore
We're not the laughing stock of the NFL. Actually a lot of pundits love us now because the Tebow hype is nationally off the hook. In fact a lot of Broncos merchandise is going to be sold.

Also we're 8-8 team. The Raiders are a good example of team that has been the laughing stock recently.

I don't care for the pick either, but whether popular opinion approves or doesn't has nothing to do with my opinion.

Archer81
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
I agree. This was very much a Shanahan like pick.

(Shanny did value his picks much more than Josh seems too, though. Two years and it's been pretty established that McD likes to blow picks on moving up seemingly at a whim)

Or doesnt buy into the bull**** mantra that players should only go into the rounds the experts say. If tebow and Thomas are what McDaniels thinks they are, then what we gave up would not be enough to get them.

If they bust, well then McDaniels will be gone and several posters can dance in the streets and get hit by the lightrail.

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2010, 10:28 PM
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3171_A_tale_of_six_quarterbacks.html

Banana Pants
04-22-2010, 10:28 PM
We're not the laughing stock of the NFL. Actually a lot of pundits love us now because the Tebow hype is nationally off the hook. In fact a lot of Broncos merchandise is going to be sold.

Also we're 8-8 team. The Raiders are a good example of team that has been the laughing stock recently.

I don't care for the pick either, but whether popular opinion approves or doesn't has nothing to do with my opinion.

Those laughing stocks took the guy that Denver had targeted in the first place.

Kaylore
04-22-2010, 10:34 PM

Yeah they did. Good for them for doing what they were supposed to.

Victor
04-22-2010, 10:36 PM

I didn't realize that you were in the war room at Dove Valley. Let us in on some other inside information too.

The truth is you don't know squat...just like the rest of us. You have no idea who the team had at the top of their list.

Victor
04-22-2010, 10:37 PM
OOooohhhhh. A post accented with a pic. how bold.

You are easily impressed.

extralife
04-22-2010, 10:41 PM
Or doesnt buy into the bull**** mantra that players should only go into the rounds the experts say. If tebow and Thomas are what McDaniels thinks they are, then what we gave up would not be enough to get them.

If they bust, well then McDaniels will be gone and several posters can dance in the streets and get hit by the lightrail.

This is a moronic counterargument. It doesn't matter where you, as a guy making the picks, think a guy should go. I matters where the other 31 teams think he should go. McD has moved up for what, like half the draft picks he has made? How many of those guys seemed to be in danger of being taken? I don't necessarily mind making reaches. I <i>do</i> mind trading up for them. We gave New England a fourth to move up two spots to take a second round receiver. Were we really that concerned? Look at the teams below 25 in the first round--how many of them had even a remote interest in a QB?

gunns
04-22-2010, 10:47 PM
get off the ledge SoDak....let everyone bash us, we will have the last laugh! all is well in Broncoland!

While I hope you are correct, I've heard this soooo much the last 10 years. The only thing that is brightening my night is the Chargers making their leap.

Archer81
04-22-2010, 10:47 PM
This is a moronic counterargument. It doesn't matter where you, as a guy making the picks, think a guy should go. I matters where the other 31 teams think he should go. McD has moved up for what, like half the draft picks he has made? How many of those guys seemed to be in danger of being taken? I don't necessarily mind making reaches. I <i>do</i> mind trading up for them. We gave New England a fourth to move up two spots to take a second round receiver. Were we really that concerned? Look at the teams below 25 in the first round--how many of them had even a remote interest in a QB?

I subscribe to the take the guy you want, when you want school of thought. Where they are taken does not matter as much to me if that is the guy you want. All that matters to me is does the guy you want produce? If he does, then it was a good pick. If not, then obviously that was a waste of a pick. It also does not matter if none of the top 12 teams in the draft had a need for a QB. After the 1st round teams that get the high picks might have had that need, and considering what we are hearing from Buffalo, Tebow would have been gone by 45. So I am fine with Denver moving up to get him.

strafen
04-22-2010, 10:50 PM
I agree. This was very much a Shanahan like pick, though I have no idea how the hell those three players fit into this mold.

(Shanny did value his picks much more than Josh seems too, though. Two years and it's been pretty established that McD likes to blow picks on moving up seemingly at a whim)Stop comparing McDaniels to Shanahan!
What Mcdaniels has done so far has NO precedent!

ludo21
04-22-2010, 10:51 PM
I dont mind the pick at all. Gives us another weapon on offense (wildcat stuff) and maybe a future QB.

If he turns out to be a bust at QB, then fine, we will ride his athletic ability with option stuff. Whether most like it, gadget plays are here to stay and with Tebow we got about 20 new options to use THIS season.

strafen
04-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Mcdaniels could've moved up to have two top 20 picks and drafted two undersized cornerbacks, there still would be the same people making excuses and defending McDaniels for drafting two cornerbacks.
That's a FACT!

Lolad
If somebody could help me understand something, but why did we move up and give away our 4th rd pick when EVERYBODY knew the patriots weren't picking up a WR and the Packers didn't need a WR... Why couldn't we wait? Our FO is so anxious

SonOfLe-loLang

Next year, he'll help IMMEDIATELY in goal line packages, which was an enormous achilles heel of ours. Save this post, mark my words.

extralife
04-22-2010, 10:56 PM
I subscribe to the take the guy you want, when you want school of thought. Where they are taken does not matter as much to me if that is the guy you want. All that matters to me is does the guy you want produce? If he does, then it was a good pick. If not, then obviously that was a waste of a pick. It also does not matter if none of the top 12 teams in the draft had a need for a QB. After the 1st round teams that get the high picks might have had that need, and considering what we are hearing from Buffalo, Tebow would have been gone by 45. So I am fine with Denver moving up to get him.

The "all that matters to me is if produces" mindset is pretty dumb. These aren't armchair QBs, they are guys that are paid REAL MONEY to make the absolute most out of the picks they are awarded. To say "...ehhh, we'll just take Dude A whenever" is to half ass it. It is to fail at your job. But whatever--like I said, I'm not completely against reaching for guys. You just don't trade up to do it. You want to take Receiver Guy at 24? Fine. Completely ok with it. Moving up two spots for no reason is not ok.

And yeah, you're probably right about Tebow being gone by 45--but would he be gone at 30? 35? I just think we gave up too much to move up way too high to make sure we could make a reach. That's bad management.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-22-2010, 10:57 PM
People need to calm the **** down about our starting center. For one, i don't trust pouncey as my day one starter, the guy never even made line calls in college. two, we still could take one and im sure will. 3, we still could sign a Mawae. 4, maybe Olsen will play there, 5, hell maybe they like Dustin Fry. Calm the F down.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-22-2010, 10:58 PM
The "all that matters to me is if produces" mindset is pretty dumb. These aren't armchair QBs, they are guys that are paid REAL MONEY to make the absolute most out of the picks they are awarded. To say "...ehhh, we'll just take Dude A whenever" is to half ass it. It is to fail at your job. But whatever--like I said, I'm not completely against reaching for guys. You just don't trade up to do it. You want to take Receiver Guy at 24? Fine. Completely ok with it. Moving up two spots for no reason is not ok.

And yeah, you're probably right about Tebow being gone by 45--but would he be gone at 30? 35? I just think we gave up too much to move up way too high to make sure we could make a reach. That's bad management.

I sincerely doubt Tebow gets out of the first round. Also, didn't we just give up one pick for him? The third? If the actual selection cancels out the 2nd and i believe they swapped 4ths (right?), then they only gave up a 3rd. BFD. They obviously had their heart set on Tim.

go_broncos
04-22-2010, 11:01 PM
I still can't believe that Mcdumb has taken Tebow.
I was happy when we traded down.
Why didn't jaguars take Tebow???
Mcd...you are screwing the franchise.Please go away

Archer81
04-22-2010, 11:02 PM
Mcd...you are screwing the franchise.Please go away

You sad, pathetic little man/woman/it.

HAT
04-22-2010, 11:05 PM
Instead we trade up twice.

Hahaha....Denver had the 11th pick of the 2010 draft.....ended up picking 22 & 25. The dumb-assery of this place never ceases to amaze.

dsmoot
04-22-2010, 11:06 PM

I could care less what the media thinks. This was the same group of unbelievers after Shanahan took over and when we lost to Jacksonville. We had to win a Superbowl to finally shut them up. They still didn't give us our due even after we ran through the league the following year. Those same media guys silently hated us.

This was not a Clarett signing. I would like to see Tebow/McD just rub their noses in it. I find the ex-coaches much more receptive to Tebow's future in the NFL than some of the idiots who have never been in the game. You would think Steve Young would be much more positive about it given that he came out with much less pedigree than Tebow had.

boppool
04-22-2010, 11:15 PM

Take 15 minutes to check out the clip "The Chosen One" on YouTube. He'll make a believer out of you

SoDak Bronco
04-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Take 15 minutes to check out the clip "The Chosen One" on YouTube. He'll make a believer out of you

please post that...i need to be walked off the ledge

Popps
04-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Oh gosh, I hope everyone still likes us!?

Does someone not like us?

I hope not.

I hope we're still popular.

I'm worried.

SoDak Bronco
04-22-2010, 11:59 PM

I hope not.

I'm worried.

I'm not worried about the media, I was actually getting calls and texts from my buddies giving me ****. It didn't have anything to do with the media..And I think you will agree most outsiders will think denver is crazy for this pick

HAT
04-23-2010, 12:00 AM

I hope not.

I'm worried.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNc45FTenhg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RNc45FTenhg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

extralife
04-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Hahaha....Denver had the 11th pick of the 2010 draft.....ended up picking 22 & 25. The dumb-assery of this place never ceases to amaze.

So we didn't trade up twice, is what you're trying to say? Because I think you might be stupid.

baja
04-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Tebow + josh = elway

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
04-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Tebow + josh = elway

You take that back!

Cosmo
04-23-2010, 12:18 AM
To whoever asked why we traded up 2 spots to take D Thomas.

Did you even think about who the trade was with?

Perhaps Bill called Josh and said, hey, I got another team wanting to trade with us to take the WR you guys want, but I know you have a higher 4th, you want to swap places for it?

There are tons of reasons to leap frog a team, not just to take the player they were going to.

extralife
04-23-2010, 12:26 AM
Perhaps Bill called Josh and said, hey, I got another team wanting to trade with us to take the WR you guys want, but I know you have a higher 4th, you want to swap places for it?

Yeah, I'm sure NFL coaches tell each other who they plan on drafting all the time.

Banana Pants
04-23-2010, 12:30 AM

bronco610
04-23-2010, 01:01 AM
I'm not worried about the media, I was actually getting calls and texts from my buddies giving me ****. It didn't have anything to do with the media..And I think you will agree most outsiders will think denver is crazy for this pick

Yeah, bob thinks its a bad pick. Thats all I need to know that the guy will prob. end up as a great player.

Bronco CB40
04-23-2010, 01:05 AM
Screw the rest of the NFL.

I was anti-McDaniels prior to the draft, but the Tebow pick has rejuvenated my spirit and I am 100 percent behind our head coach now. Forget needs, quarterback is the most important position on the field.

Banana Pants
04-23-2010, 01:13 AM
Screw the rest of the NFL.

I was anti-McDaniels prior to the draft, but the Tebow pick has rejuvenated my spirit and I am 100 percent behind our head coach now. Forget needs, quarterback is the most important position on the field.

And you're not at all bothered that they passed on an elite prospect to take the Holy project?

broncocalijohn
04-23-2010, 01:19 AM
I think after last off season we already was the laughing stocks ... so it's just a continuation . Hell last year even my loser Bengal fan friends was riding me for our last off season . So the Tebow pick i'm sure is going to be great fun ... not .

were they laughing when we beat them? We still have round 2 to 7 with many picks. Great players come from 2nd round and on so let us see what we get. Holes will be filled tomorrow. Tebow seemed like early but the coach sees something in him. If he can do for Tebow what he did for Cassel, we might be in good shape.

broncocalijohn
04-23-2010, 01:23 AM
Mcd...you are screwing the franchise. I am going away

I wish you actually posted this.

ZONA
04-23-2010, 01:24 AM
I can understand somebody not liking who we've chosen, but to care about what other people think, sad sad sad.

spdirty
04-23-2010, 01:32 AM
After last years offseason I learned not to get so emotional over what this team does. That is really paying off. We still have the Rockies, Nugs, and avalanche in this town, all playoff teams, as well as (once again) a team with a qb with a high ceiling. Actually we now have 2 high ceiling qbs.

And right now I am giddy over the thought of Orton getting shown the door soon.

Was kinda rolling my eyes and laughing about the Tebow pick till the cold hard facts article gave me some hope. Hopefully McD knows what he's doing and we will soon have 4 championship competitive pro teams in this city (though the avs are still a ways off.)

Florida_Bronco
04-23-2010, 01:55 AM
Thanks coach McD...You turned one of the proudest franchises in the NFL into the laughing stock of the leauge. Who gives a ****? Seriously.

WE HAVE ALL these holes What holes? Seriously, I count two critical needs now that we drafted a receiver, and that's center and inside linebacker, both of which have plenty of talent still left on the boards.

Steve Sewell
04-23-2010, 02:00 AM

holy crap...this kid is for real.

eddie mac
04-23-2010, 02:27 AM

Be a man ffs. At some point in everyone's fan career you're going to get a serious ribbing from opposition fans.

Here's the kicker though, they're just fans, and the analysts are just analysts. They may well think that Tim Tebow will never become a quality NFL player but since when has everyone always been right about a player???

Did everyone think Gholston was gonna be a bust???
Did everyone think Moss was gonna be a bust???
Or what about Tom Brady, no-one had him as even a top 100 pick in his year.

Players surprise that's the fun thing in this.