PDA

View Full Version : The "Real" Tebow Poll

Rohirrim
04-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Let's see how people feel about this draft pick.

Rohirrim
04-22-2010, 08:52 PM
I say he'll be out of the league in three years.

Archer81
04-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I think he will be the Broncos starting QB in three years.

:Broncos:

Taco John
04-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Griese was a third round pick that started for us in his second year. Tebow is a first round pick that we are praying will have enough talent in his third year to play the position.

Rohirrim
04-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Griese was a third round pick that started for us in his second year. Tebow is a first round pick that we are praying will have enough talent in his third year to play the position.

My point exactly. ;D

Killericon
Dungy said he'd use a top 10 pick on him. Gruden said he'd revolutionize the game.

I think that within 2 years, he'll be able to beat out Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn.

Broncosfreak_56
He will get a chance to start at some point in 1-2 years. Hopefully he can prove to be a good NFL quarterback at that time. For now, we will probably have some special packages this season for him.

Aftermath
TEBOW will be starting for us next year

DBroncos4life
04-22-2010, 08:58 PM
Starter

Mogulseeker
04-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Tim Tebow the Tight End

SportinOne
04-22-2010, 09:00 PM
look how quickly the idiots have jumped behind their man. almost EVERYBODY here was against picking Tebow and now 28 out of 37 voters so far think he can start in 2-3 years. ****ing incredible.

baja
04-22-2010, 09:00 PM
I feel very good about the pick Josh is way ahead of the good old boy curb

TEBOW + JOSH = ELWAY

Archer81
04-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Find it amusing. Only on the mane can a QB who has won 2 national championships in college be considered a wasted pick.

Even funnier that some people have a problem with a WR who averaged 25 ypc.

Wierd day.

baja
04-22-2010, 09:02 PM
I love how people can get all emotional with out knowing jack shiit about the thing they are emotional about.

Pseudofool
04-22-2010, 09:02 PM
When is the post draft presser? Sunday? Monday?

Durango
04-22-2010, 09:07 PM
My God we were primed with multiple picks in every early round beyond the first to address every single need, and what happens? We draft a QB who has the same delivery as a shotputter, with three viable candidates already on the roster, one of which we have already given up a 2010 draft choice for. Can this possibly get any worse?

ColoradoDarin
04-22-2010, 09:07 PM

And Shanahan should have sat Brian for another year and gone with Bubby. We have a slightly better version of Bubby in Orton, I like our chances with giving McD and Tebow a year or two. Plus I bet Tebow see the field this year in some version of the Wild Horses.

BroncoMan4ever
04-22-2010, 09:08 PM
I say he sits for a year and gets in a few snaps a game in a gimmick/wildcat capacity while he is being mentored by McDaniels and Orton leads in 2010 and then in 2011 he takes over as our starter and QBOTF.

ColoradoBuff
the kid doesn't know how to fail.....i will not bet against him!

Archer81
My God we were primed with multiple picks in every early round beyond the first to address every single need, and what happens? We draft a QB who has the same delivery as a shotputter, with three viable candidates already on the roster, one of which we have already given up a 2010 draft choice for. Can this possibly get any worse?

Could be SD...they traded up 16 spots to grab a RB they could have moved down to 19 for.

Or Jacksonville taking Alualu at 10.

Doggcow
04-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Should only need 2 options, whether you support him or not.

No room for indecisiveness here.

Finger Roll
04-22-2010, 09:10 PM
I wouldn't of minded if they drafted him at 43 or 45. I thought 25 was too high but the Bills were in love with him also. I think he has alot of upside reminds me alot of Vince Young and he seems to have improved alot this year.

Dagmar
04-22-2010, 09:11 PM
This is a fantastic draft so far. The Denver Broncos are on everybody's lips.

You wanted Spagnolo? Rex Ryan? We are the team in the NFL.

Rohirrim
04-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Could be SD...they traded up 16 spots to grab a RB they could have moved down to 19 for.

I'd rather have Alualu than Tebow. :rofl:

Durango
04-22-2010, 09:20 PM

Comparative stupidity isn't exactly the best justification. The only reason this isn't as mind-numbing dumb as the Heyward-Bey pick a year ago is because this particular reach was made in the 20's, but it's damned close.

GoHAM
04-22-2010, 09:23 PM
I think he'll be starting in 2-3 years, but not necessarily based off of any merit and not necessarily at QB.

scorpio
04-22-2010, 09:25 PM
http://imgur.com/Gm7XI.jpg

OH YEAH

GoHAM
04-22-2010, 09:26 PM
Or he could be a total stud, I don't know I'm just laughing.

Bronco CB40
04-22-2010, 09:40 PM
It's a bold move. A pick that will define McDaniels' career.

It's not conventional, but I think it's a good risk. Risk is a good thing in a competitive league like the NFL.

QB is the most important position on a football team. Offensive linemen, running backs, defensive players come and go, but the spot that ultimately determines long-term success in this league is the QB position (Manning, Brady, Brees, McNabb).

gtown
04-22-2010, 09:49 PM
I think the amount of progress he has made since the Senior Bowl is pretty amazing. That speaks volume about his will to be great. It's the project of projects.

And Bowlen is gonna sell a lot of jerseys.

Durango
04-22-2010, 09:55 PM
I think the amount of progress he has made since the Senior Bowl is pretty amazing. That speaks volume about his will to be great. It's the project of projects.

And Bowlen is gonna sell a lot of jerseys.

If Bowlen wanted to make a lot of money, why not order his little minion to draft Warren Buffet? Like Tebow, he would never play a down, but Buffet would have you rolling in money in no time.

Spider
04-22-2010, 09:56 PM
he will be startin asap ........

OCBronco
04-22-2010, 10:01 PM
I see them using him as a change of pace, Wildcat player in the middle of the field, and then more extensively near the goal line. You don't draft a player with his obvious scoring ability, and keep him on the bench.

Here's a question: how many short yardage TDs (rushing and passing) does Tebow need next season in order to justify the pick?

SonOfLe-loLang
04-22-2010, 10:02 PM
Tim Tebow will be scoring TD's for us in goal line situations in year one. Something we never could seem to figure out last year. Mark it down.

Archer81
04-22-2010, 10:03 PM
Tim Tebow will be scoring TD's for us in goal line situations in year one. Something we never could seem to figure out last year. Mark it down.

You mean like he did in college as a freshman?

JCMElway
04-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Wow, someone is going to be bumping a lot of threads from this time period in 2 to 3 years....

cabronco
04-22-2010, 10:08 PM
I think he gets in a fair amount of action this year, be it the wild cat or whatever. I can see him starting next year. I am not sure why McD picked up Brady Quinn. Im guessing this leaves an odd man out this year, Brandstater. I sure hope there's still quality guards & centers left for the pickings tomorrow.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-22-2010, 10:09 PM
You mean like he did in college as a freshman?

That's exactly how he'll be used in year one. He adds a wrinkle.

Archer81
04-22-2010, 10:12 PM
That's exactly how he'll be used in year one. He adds a wrinkle.

Exactly. Bring along a talented player at a slower pace until he can take the reigns, and tailor the offense to fit him, and not the other way around.

Paladin
04-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Find it amusing. Only on the mane can a QB who has won 2 national championships in college be considered a wasted pick.

Wierd day.

I agree. But it seems to me the issue is that the "favorites" didn't get picked. I mean, what's the sense of doing a mock if McD doesn't read them?

I am amazed at the hystrionics. He had a h3ll of a career in college, and displayed some amazing athetic skills. Won a lot of things. Yet, Quitler, who didn't win a damm thing is still revered around here? :rofl:

razorwire77
04-22-2010, 10:31 PM
Not huge on moving up to get Tebow, but I think he'll play in Wild Horses, goal line and gadget situations. Kid will get 5-10 touches per game this season, and by year two will be expected to push Orton and or Quinn in camp to start.

Paladin
04-22-2010, 10:34 PM
So, Ro, are you surprised by the results of your poll?

Doggcow
04-22-2010, 10:37 PM

Lol all these haters will just hope we forget about them at the end of the Season when Tebow has more playoff appearances than cutler.

Rohirrim
04-22-2010, 10:38 PM

Check out post #5.

Rohirrim
04-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Lol all these haters will just hope we forget about them at the end of the Season when Tebow has more playoff appearances than cutler.

Yes, because in the juvenile world, that's all there are; the lovers, and the haters. Fer shure.

Archer81
04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Yes, because in the juvenile world, that's all there are; the lovers, and the haters. Fer shure.

That seems to be the breakdown recently.

strafen
04-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Griese was a third round pick that started for us in his second year. Tebow is a first round pick that we are praying will have enough talent in his third year to play the position.I don't think you can question his talent.
I've said before, and I'll say it again, Tim Tebow will surprise a lot of people.
He's going to be McDaniels pet project, and you better believe McDaniels will have once again something to prove to the world...

~Crash~
04-22-2010, 10:54 PM

get off the sauce

lostknight
04-22-2010, 10:57 PM
For the record, I posted several times that I liked Tebow. I am pretty impressed with this pick, not just because it required balls of steel, but because McDaniels is admitting what we fans have been saying - that Orton is not a long term answer at the position.

Again, go look at the stats for Tebow. It reminds me of "Moneyball." Intuition is usually wrong, and statistics are usually right, and Tebow's statistics are nothing short of staggering.

Archer81
04-22-2010, 10:58 PM
I actually called this last night. Gut feeling was right...why the **** cant it pick lotto numbers?

NFLBRONCO
04-22-2010, 11:10 PM
While I like what Tebow brings work ethic heart high character etc. The reason I hate it right now is I feel we have too many needs all over team why not address those areas first before taking on a 2 yr plus project.

Hulamau
04-22-2010, 11:24 PM
I love how people can get all emotional with out knowing jack shiit about the thing they are emotional about.

Thats true! Most of the guys who dont like him do so on some principle without ever really digesting what the guy did in college.

ZONA
04-23-2010, 12:54 AM
He'll get a ton of Wildhorses action but I see him starting his 2nd year. No way we take him in the first and sit him on the bench for 3 years, that's a joke. The only guys who do that are sitting behind HOF QB's who just haven't retired yet.

OBF1
04-23-2010, 01:12 AM
I got my eye on you haters...... Blue, what a suprise.

I don't think he'll make it in the NFL.
anthonypacino, Banana Pants, Basileus777, Blueflame, Bronkota, deadbabyseal, Dos Rios, ebw343, enjolras, go_broncos, Guatemala Holla, gunns, JLesSPE, McChamp, Natedog24, NFLBRONCO, nickademus, oldustyballs, peacepipe, Rohirrim, scttgrd, TD30, TheDave, watermock, yerner

DBroncos4life
04-23-2010, 01:17 AM

anthonypacino, Banana Pants, Basileus777, Blueflame, Bronkota, deadbabyseal, Dos Rios, ebw343, enjolras, go_broncos, Guatemala Holla, gunns, JLesSPE, McChamp, Natedog24, NFLBRONCO, nickademus, oldustyballs, peacepipe, Rohirrim, scttgrd, TD30, TheDave, watermock, yerner

AlphaOmega, bombquixote, Broncochica, broncos-rock, CBF1, DarkHorse30, DBroncos4life, Doggcow, Dogsweat, dragster69, dsmoot, Michel W. Thomas, Mr. Trout, prunch, sisterhellfyre, Spider, srphoenix, Tom G

I'm in the right group this time!

Popps
04-23-2010, 01:32 AM
People will laugh, here... but the fact that Josh sees "it" in this kid means something.

It's a pretty simple math equation....

1. Do you believe Josh McDaniels is a superior evaluator of QB talent, and superior at developing that talent?

If the answer is yes...

McDaniels + Tebow = Success.

I'm not saying Tebow is good because McD took him, but for him to make a move this bold tells me he clearly sees a guy he can develop in his system to get out of him what he needs.

Josh McDaniels knows his whole career could ride on this pick. Do you think he made the pick lightly?

People wanted a dynamic QB and we got one.

The guy threw for 9K yards, 88 TDs against 16 INTs and had a 170 QB rating.

Peyton Manning threw for 11K with 90 TDs and 33 INTs.

So, look... maybe his mechanics need work, and I've never had occasion to see him play much. But, he's a physical beast... he's got an impeccable college career behind him and one of the best offensive minds in football believes he's worth a 1st round draft pick.

I don't know... with that evidence in front of me, I have to at least give the kid a chance... and assume that maybe there's something to him.

chrisp
04-23-2010, 02:09 AM
Whatever you can say about Josh McDaniels its hard to argue with his QB-coaching credentials. If anyone knows what mechanics can be corrected and what can't it should be him

Also, everybody seems to agree that outside of the questionable mechanics he definitely seems to posess all of the intangibles you look for in a QB - he's a winnerwho put up amazing numbers.

Added to which he was moving up other people's boards...

Despite all that however I still don't really like the pick. It was a reach. Perhaps not nearly as much as some people think - I don't think he would have been there in the 3rd - but still a reach. Also, there's no way he really contributes this year, and Josh needs to get us back in the playoffs...

HOWEVER - if it pans out - and that's a big if - none of that will matter. This pick has tremendous upside and if Tebow is able to be half the College QB he was in the pros we will be set for 10 years.

I DO think this will be a boom-or-bust pick however...I don't see him as a capable backup, I see him as either a future all-pro or out of the league in three years.....

extralife
04-23-2010, 02:24 AM

Wierd day.

Matt Leinart and Ken Dorsey are tearing up the NFL today aren't they.

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Matt Leinart and Ken Dorsey are tearing up the NFL today aren't they.

Matt Leinart isn't half the leader tim is, doesn't have the character or heart tim does, and had an ultra-loaded team in the PAC-10, NOT the SEC

extralife
04-23-2010, 02:47 AM
well I'm pretty sure Leinart and Dorsey had similar national title runs, which is exactly what the post I was responding to was discussing.

that you don't remember Ken Dorsey is wonderfully apropos

elsid13
04-23-2010, 02:50 AM

Wierd day.

What he did in college has no bearing on what he does in the NFL. See Danny Wueffle as prime example. Thomas at least projects as starting NFL reciever, Tebow is a project

extralife
04-23-2010, 02:51 AM
Matt Leinart isn't half the leader tim is, doesn't have the character or heart tim does, and had an ultra-loaded team in the PAC-10, NOT the SEC

nice edit

AlienBronco
04-23-2010, 03:37 AM
I was expecting a QB in the 2nd round instead of the 1st, but I am also happy with this pick, considering that we have Orton and Quinn. Imagine all the polarizing effect the Broncos avoided, to see who will be the starter Orton or Quinn? :pity:.

Archer81
12-04-2011, 06:17 PM
I think he will be the Broncos starting QB in three years.

Can't get them all right. Way to fail, past self.

OBF1
12-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Just a recap of those that have been haters since day 1:

anthonypacino, Banana Pants, Basileus777, Blueflame, Bronkota, COchief, deadbabyseal, Denver Ultra, Dos Rios, ebw343, elsid13, enjolras, go_broncos, Guatemala Holla, gunns, JLesSPE, Natedog24, NFLBRONCO, nickademus, oldustyballs, peacepipe, Ratboy, Rohirrim, ScottMtg, scttgrd, SportinOne, TD30, TheDave, watermock, yerner

Congratulations to the losers :)

Blueflame
12-04-2011, 07:51 PM

anthonypacino, Banana Pants, Basileus777, Blueflame, Bronkota, COchief, deadbabyseal, Denver Ultra, Dos Rios, ebw343, elsid13, enjolras, go_broncos, Guatemala Holla, gunns, JLesSPE, Natedog24, NFLBRONCO, nickademus, oldustyballs, peacepipe, Ratboy, Rohirrim, ScottMtg, scttgrd, SportinOne, TD30, TheDave, watermock, yerner

That next-to-last name... makes me sad. R.I.P. Mock.

MagicHef
12-04-2011, 08:07 PM
Can't get them all right. Way to fail, past self.

Yeah, but did you see this one?

I say he sits for a year and gets in a few snaps a game in a gimmick/wildcat capacity while he is being mentored by McDaniels and Orton leads in 2010 and then in 2011 he takes over as our starter and QBOTF.

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 08:14 PM

You've left out about a dozen more but Hey...who's counting?

Broncochica
12-04-2011, 08:46 PM
AlphaOmega, bombquixote, Broncochica, broncos-rock, CBF1, DarkHorse30, DBroncos4life, Doggcow, Dogsweat, dragster69, dsmoot, Michel W. Thomas, Mr. Trout, prunch, sisterhellfyre, Spider, srphoenix, Tom G

I'm in the right group this time!

LOL Yep! :~ohyah!:

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 09:00 PM

I guess that's one way to tone down the hostility on this site. That's okay by me. I actually kind of enjoy hostility. Now I guess I'll stick around to watch ignorant dumbasses like you burn this place to the ground. :approve:

Rohirrim
12-04-2011, 09:01 PM
You've left out about a dozen more but Hey...who's counting?

Post some more pictures of your dumb ass. I need a good laugh.

Boobs McGee
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM
LOL @ go_broncos switching from Tebow Doubter to Conspiracy theorist on how the man is keeping Tim down.

ILTM!

Mile High Mojoe
12-04-2011, 11:19 PM
I guess that's one way to tone down the hostility on this site. That's okay by me. I actually kind of enjoy hostility. Now I guess I'll stick around to watch ignorant dumbasses like you burn this place to the ground. :approve:

Man you're a piece of work, you're the guy with the flame thrower on this site. The gall to accuse someone of hostility when you lead the charge shows what a dumbass you are. Civility... Ha! You wouldn't know what the word means. Since the Broncos keep winning you just can't find the right rock to crawl under or back off of your repeated negative comments about Tebow, the Broncos or anyone who disagreed with you about all 3. I may be your kind of dumbass but I've got a longer memory that the other dumbasses that make up your list.

Broncos_OTM
12-05-2011, 12:13 AM
I didnt Vote. I wasnt on board but i wasnt a hater. i have always been one to wait and see. and well tims doing it.

Spider
12-05-2011, 06:51 AM
I didnt Vote. I wasnt on board but i wasnt a hater. i have always been one to wait and see. and well tims doing it.

;) I was the Tim needs more time before starting camp .......I still feel that way , but the way Tebow is coming along is mind blowing ........

Rohirrim
07-28-2014, 09:37 AM
I say he'll be out of the league in three years.

:blowhorn:

Ragnar
07-28-2014, 09:57 AM
I voted "I don't think he'll make it in the NFL" but I feel like I have a distinct advantage when it comes to this poll.

Rohirrim
07-28-2014, 10:15 AM
I voted "I don't think he'll make it in the NFL" but I feel like I have a distinct advantage when it comes to this poll.

You're new here. Always check the dates. :thumbs:

Requiem
07-28-2014, 10:16 AM
I just voted.

Kaylore
07-28-2014, 10:18 AM
98.54% of the board was right.

Rohirrim
07-28-2014, 10:19 AM
I just voted.

I changed my smilie. ;D

bronco militia
07-28-2014, 11:13 AM
i finally voted. sorry, i was on the fence ;D

Ragnar
07-28-2014, 11:58 AM
You're new here. Always check the dates. :thumbs:

I'm not sure if you're counter trolling me, or if you just couldn't feel the sarcasm in my original post.

Well played sir, well played.

;D

gunns
07-28-2014, 12:23 PM

Bam! In there with TheDave! :-*

Irish Stout
07-28-2014, 12:30 PM
I just voted.

I just voted too. My guess, he'll win a spot in camp and start next year.

Arkie
07-28-2014, 12:33 PM
98.54% of the board was right.

The majority of the board was wrong. He started the first year.

Kaylore
07-28-2014, 01:03 PM
The majority of the board was wrong. He started the first year.

He did play in some wildcat packages.

Arkie
07-28-2014, 01:08 PM
He did play in some wildcat packages.

Besides winning the only game during our losing streak at the end of 2010, he started two other games.

elsid13
07-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Whole lot of fail in this thread.

Blueflame
07-28-2014, 01:44 PM
This thread shines a bright spotlight on why Tebow was so divisive to the fan base. Right from the start, having any doubts whatsoever about his abilities placed other fans into the category of "hater" (and "enemy" to his supporters). It was unfortunate.

elsid13
07-28-2014, 02:12 PM
This thread shines a bright spotlight on why Tebow was so divisive to the fan base. Right from the start, having any doubts whatsoever about his abilities placed other fans into the category of "hater" (and "enemy" to his supporters). It was unfortunate.

I wear that RED TH with pride.

peacepipe
07-28-2014, 04:03 PM
Besides winning the only game during our losing streak at the end of 2010, he started two other games.

He also lost a game as well,iirc.

GoHAM
07-28-2014, 09:27 PM
I think he'll be starting in 2-3 years, but not necessarily based off of any merit and not necessarily at QB.

Or he could be a total stud, I don't know I'm just laughing.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I called this one, especially with the laughing bit.LOL

Rohirrim
07-29-2014, 05:21 AM
Whatever happened to Mile Hi Mojoe?

Oh wait. That's right. I don't care. Ha!