PDA

View Full Version : I might be joining the ANTI Josh camp... Tebow! really?

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2010, 07:37 PM
Thats terrific. We started the draft looking like genius'. After taking Tebow at 24, we are a laughing stock. I actually dont care what others think, but Teblow is the last thing this team needs. Unless of course he is playing G or C for us the next 10 years. Josh BETTER knock the second and third rounds outta the park or we a FUC>>>KED!

SonOfLe-loLang
04-22-2010, 07:45 PM
I cant believe anyone's shocked we took him.

theAPAOps5
04-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Meh lots more picks still! its GLORIOUS!

but I question the pick too. At least it was not 11

Dr. Broncenstein
04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Epic Lulz. I'm going to be LOLING for the next few years.

McDman
04-22-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm struggling with this, I have hated the guy for four years, a UT alum, and now I'm obligated to like him.

At least it's been a fun third round.

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2010, 07:50 PM
So... I still havent heard... what the hell did we trade to get that #24 pick? Plz god, dont tell me both 2nd rounders

Archer81
04-22-2010, 07:52 PM
So... I still havent heard... what the hell did we trade to get that #24 pick? Plz god, dont tell me both 2nd rounders

Den got phil's 24, 3rd and 4th round picks. we gave up 13.

To move up to 22, we gave up a 4th and 24 for 22.

For 25, we gave up one each of our 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounders.

:Broncos:

SoDak Bronco
04-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Denver just drafted the first virgin in NFL history

broncowill
mccdaniels once again over payed for an underrated player and this is going to screw up the offensive line that already needs some help

Florida_Bronco
Thats terrific. We started the draft looking like genius'. After taking Tebow at 24, we are a laughing stock. I actually dont care what others think, but Teblow is the last thing this team needs. Unless of course he is playing G or C for us the next 10 years. Josh BETTER knock the second and third rounds outta the park or we a FUC>>>KED!

We traded back and acquired a significant bounty of picks. We then used some of those picks to move back up and grab Tebow.

gtown
04-22-2010, 08:01 PM
Den got phil's 24, 3rd and 4th round picks. we gave up 13.

To move up to 22, we gave up a 4th and 24 for 22.

For 25, we gave up one each of our 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounders.

Damn, thats a lot for Tebow. As long as we get that interior OL tomorrow.

That One Guy
04-22-2010, 08:02 PM
not as bad as I thought, personally, I didn't realize we got another 4th back in the Tebow deal. Not a heart breaker, I guess.

If only the pick weren't Tebow...

EDIT: Wait... nevermind... I think NFL.com is f'd... they're currently saying we got the 119 back but the trade for the 24th resulted in DAL getting the 119... probably just forgot to remove it.

broncowill
04-22-2010, 08:03 PM
so why did we even trade for quinn and whats suppose to happen to the next tom brady in brandstater

go_broncos
04-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Bowlen..Please fire Mcd.He is hurting the franchise.
Giving 2,3 and 4th rounds for Tebow.
Is this a joke?
I still can't believe a professional team can be this much stupid.

Archer81
04-22-2010, 08:04 PM
Is this a joke?

Yeah...the team is stupid...:welcome:

gunns
04-22-2010, 08:06 PM
I haven't felt like this since Tommy Maddox and Tebow will have as much effect on the Broncos. He's a gator QB, which you NEVER take, and from an Urban Meyer system. Alex Smith, but not as good? OMG.

SoDak Bronco
04-22-2010, 08:07 PM
I am officially off the josh mcdaniels bandwagon...not that it matters, but i have been a strong supporter of coach mcd...i lost a lot of respect and feel this move will bring his pink slip in a year or two..baddddddddddddddddd move

yerner
04-22-2010, 08:08 PM
Three picks for Tebow is just awful .

broncolife
04-22-2010, 08:09 PM

I guess you dont remember Justin.

Denver WR Justin Armour, the former Stanford player, claims to be a virgin at 25. He says he's just a man searching for a "proper relationship.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/e/a/1998/08/23/SPORTS1004.dtl#ixzz0ltBixR5A

B B
04-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Interesting draft for you guys. Not sure if McD is too smart for his own good, or out-smarting his fellow coaches.

Regardless, the guy has some seriously big balls.

WABronco
04-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Hahahaha you guys are great.

We passed on some real talents to take Tebow! DARNIT! AND WE GAVE UP EVERYTHING.

Oh wait, no we didn't.

I'm buckled in and eager for the camps to start up. Continue thinking that Tebow will crush our franchise..lulz!

cutthemdown
04-22-2010, 08:11 PM
The Broncos had 1 first round pick and came out with a wr and qb prospect. We still have a couple of 2nd round picks right? I am confused a little what picks we exactly have left but broncos can still grab other players.

People getting so worked up is pretty halarious. Tebow is a hard worker. Usually we bag on players for being thugs or lazy, Tebow sort of getting the school boy rap.

It is sort of strange because now we have Orton, Quinn, Brandstater, Tebow. Seems like Broncos have way too many qbs and none of them a bonafide sure thing.

Either that or Broncos just see Tebow as an all around good football player and feel he can be an Hback/qb/dback/give the pre game prayer, team leader type guy. I don't know hell seems like he has to play Qb to be a first round pick no?

FireFly
04-22-2010, 08:12 PM
People are over reacting on the trade.

We didn't give up that much for the spot. Essentiall a 2nd and a 3rd for a 1st. We just swapped 4ths. Not so bad.

The selection that was made with the pick we traded for... well now that's another story - not a pretty one either

Archer81
It sounds like Denver still has 1 second, 2 thirds and a fourth.

Considering how today has gone, I am not betting against us moving back into the 2nd round.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I don't mind taking tebow. I think it's the stupidest thing in the world to take him at 25. The only team close to a QB need was maybe the Cards and they would have taken Clusen. He would have lasted to atleast 35th, then we turn around and give up 2nd 3rd and 4th!?! McD was doing great right up to when he traded up from 24 to 22. Then trades up again to 25 for a guy that would have been there in the 2nd round. CRAP CRAP CRAP

Taco John
04-22-2010, 08:16 PM
I haven't felt like this since Tommy Maddox and Tebow will have as much effect on the Broncos. He's a gator QB, which you NEVER take, and from an Urban Meyer system. Alex Smith, but not as good? OMG.

Tommy Maddox wasn't talented enough to play TE.

Taco John
04-22-2010, 08:19 PM
I like Tebow just fine. I'd have just rather we picked Iupati with #11 and then traded up for Dan Williams at #25. To end up with a WR and a QB n round one? Bewildering.

FireFly
04-22-2010, 08:24 PM
It sounds like Denver still has 1 second, 2 thirds and a fourth.

Considering how today has gone, I am not betting against us moving back into the 2nd round.

I really hope we do move up into the 2nd

go_broncos
04-22-2010, 08:26 PM
I am ok with Tebow if we draft in later rounds..
I am really suprised that we gave so many picks to draft him.
I can't get overthis..I am really pissed.

I really hope that this is the last season that Josh coaches denver.
He really lost his mind.
He thinks that he can coach any QB and make him Tom Brady and Matt Cassel.

Bowlen..please fire Mcd and save this franchise.

yerner
04-22-2010, 08:29 PM
They had set them up perfectly aquiring picks then decided to ruin it all with drafting a guy that will not ever play. In fact, I'm betting niether of these guys contribute much next year. I'm not sure why Mcdaniels thinks he has unlimited time to produce a winner.

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm fine taking Tebow..... But, how about AFTER we adress immediate needs? jesus, lets take our 4th on the depth chart for the next couple years while we having revolving doors at G and C. WTF.... this team just keeps getting further and further away from the playoffs

DBroncos4life
04-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Give him time McD has a plan!!!! He know all!!

gunns
04-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Tommy Maddox wasn't talented enough to play TE.

You don't take a TE in the first round and give up a 2, 3, 4 for it.

Dukes
04-22-2010, 08:34 PM
I look at it like we got him with all the pics we traded down with. We still have a 2nd, 3rd and fourth. I'll be upset tomorrow if we don't address the offensive line. If we don't, THEN I will panic. Remember folks, LOTS of quality guys still available in the draft.

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2010, 08:36 PM
We better all pray like Tebow that Clausen and McCoy last to our pick in the second so maybe we can recoup some draft picks with a trade partner. On second thought, Josh might take another QB if they sit their in the second round. Mother F*****

tsiguy96
04-22-2010, 08:37 PM
I am ok with Tebow if we draft in later rounds..
I am really suprised that we gave so many picks to draft him.
I can't get overthis..I am really pissed.

I really hope that this is the last season that Josh coaches denver.
He really lost his mind.
He thinks that he can coach any QB and make him Tom Brady and Matt Cassel.

Bowlen..please fire Mcd and save this franchise.

yay another offseason of this becuase of a single draft pick. love you OM :D

MplsBronco
04-22-2010, 08:40 PM
I don't mind taking tebow. I think it's the stupidest thing in the world to take him at 25. The only team close to a QB need was maybe the Cards and they would have taken Clusen. He would have lasted to atleast 35th, then we turn around and give up 2nd 3rd and 4th!?! McD was doing great right up to when he traded up from 24 to 22. Then trades up again to 25 for a guy that would have been there in the 2nd round. CRAP CRAP CRAP

Living in Minneapolis I think the Vikes would have taken Tebow. As a result they traded out of the first round.

ColoradoBuff
04-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Buffalo was trying very HARD to get back into the 1st and take Tebow....so he wouldn't have been there in the 2nd. Did we panic and over-pay to get Tebow....only time will tell! But i personally believe he will been a good pro QB

Archer81
04-22-2010, 08:59 PM
I think Denver had a good first round.

Listening to NFLN now...Dukes sounds alot like the bitching going on here now.

ColoradoBuff
04-22-2010, 09:02 PM
I think Denver had a good first round.

Listening to NFLN now...Dukes sounds alot like the b****ing going on here now.

**** Dukes.....he's a Denver hater regardless. He can go **** himself...fat bastard!

Archer81
04-22-2010, 09:03 PM
**** Dukes.....he's a Denver hater regardless. He can go **** himself...fat bastard!

I agree.

People forget we still have 5 picks to make in a very very deep draft.

ward63
04-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Dan Williams was there for the taking....I'm not as upset about taking him, but not with a future NT there. It's kind of like the Phonsy again.

ColoradoBuff
04-22-2010, 09:36 PM
i'd rather have Mount Cody than Dan Williams.

mhgaffney
04-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Living in Minneapolis I think the Vikes would have taken Tebow.[/B] As a result they traded out of the first round.

This makes a lot of sense.

If true - Denver could not wait until the second round.

Taco John
04-22-2010, 10:20 PM
You don't take a TE in the first round and give up a 2, 3, 4 for it.

You, apparently, aren't a Super Genius.

SouthStndJunkie
04-22-2010, 10:23 PM

Kyle Brady was also a self proclaimed virgin for some of his time in the league.

anthonypacino
04-22-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm stunned by everything that has happened to my once proud team, I can't support them anymore, Mr. Bowlen had better consider selling this team soon because we are going the way of the other classic inept NFL franchise's

Doggcow
04-22-2010, 10:30 PM
We got a 4th back for Tebow haters...

dsmoot
I'm stunned by everything that has happened to my once proud team, I can't support them anymore, Mr. Bowlen had better consider selling this team soon because we are going the way of the other classic inept NFL franchise's

We will miss you. The Chiefs and Raiders could use your love.

Doggcow

Luckily bowlen could give a **** less what one douchebag thinks.

scttgrd
04-22-2010, 10:35 PM
I thought it would be nice to draft for the center and or hell any o-line spots that were obviously a need. I guess the d-line is set for the next half decade. To hell with the lines, we needed a fourth QB to make things right. Who needs blocking and tackling in the NFL anyway?

scttgrd
04-22-2010, 10:36 PM

I hate to tell you your an ass, it might be a surprise for you but not for the rest of us.

BroncoSojia
04-22-2010, 10:38 PM
We got a 4th back for Tebow haters...

I've checked ESPN and Wikipedia and both sites show that we don't have a 4th round pick.

Doggcow
04-22-2010, 10:40 PM
I hate to tell you your an ass, it might be a surprise for you but not for the rest of us.

Sorry that I disagree with you.

You're an ass for disagreeing with me though!

This is fun.

Blueflame
04-22-2010, 10:43 PM

Anthonypacino is not a "douchebag".... he's a friend of mine; I've met and tailgated with him way more than once. Slamming him is totally unappreciated.

Doggcow
04-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Anthonypacino is not a "douchebag".... he's a friend of mine; I've met and tailgated with him way more than once. Slamming him is totally unappreciated.

You mean, used to tailgate with?

scttgrd
04-22-2010, 10:45 PM
Sorry that I disagree with you.

You're an ass for disagreeing with me though!

This is fun.

Ok, tell me what Tebow is going to do for this franchise this year? Now I just want you on record of how much of an impact you see him having in the next 12 months? And you can't see how any other player available could have been any help to the team in the next year regardless of position. There were no other needs besides another QB.

SoDak Bronco
04-22-2010, 10:46 PM

Hilarious!

Doggcow
04-22-2010, 10:47 PM
Ok, tell me what Tebow is going to do for this franchise this year? Now I just want you on record of how much of an impact you see him having in the next 12 months? And you can't see how any other player available could have been any help to the team in the next year regardless of position. There were no other needs besides another QB.

Ok so you get the advantage of the next couple hundred players being picked to justify your stance, and I get to defend just one?

This sounds like a good argument. I'm sure there will be at least one player in the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th round that's pretty good too! So we agree on that.

phillybroncosnut
04-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Ok.... I've cooled down since being kicked in the balls by the package we sent to B-More for Tebow. I'm willing to see what we do tomorrow before getting too down. Sorry for the meltdown

Archer81
04-22-2010, 10:52 PM
Ok.... I've cooled down since being kicked in the balls by the package we sent to B-More for Tebow. I'm willing to see what we do tomorrow before getting too down. Sorry for the meltdown

No worries. We all love the team.

I suggest you grab a couple of cookies and put your feet up. Tomorrow is gonna be an awesome ride.

scttgrd
04-22-2010, 10:54 PM
Ok so you get the advantage of the next couple hundred players being picked to justify your stance, and I get to defend just one?

This sounds like a good argument. I'm sure there will be at least one player in the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/6th/7th round that's pretty good too! So we agree on that.

No, you get talent at the top, not bottom of the draft, some players slip through to the later rounds. You are the kind of guy that would pass on Clady to get a 4th RB just to shore things up. You build from the lines out, not from the tight end/ running QB type reach in.

Hulamau
04-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Is this a joke?

SLeep on it ... you'll get over it ... promise

Doggcow
04-22-2010, 10:57 PM
No, you get talent at the top, not bottom of the draft, some players slip through to the later rounds. You are the kind of guy that would pass on Clady to get a 4th RB just to shore things up. You build from the lines out, not from the tight end/ running QB type reach in.

You said ANY other player. Who's your player? Pick one, and I'll take Tim Tebow.

scttgrd
04-22-2010, 11:00 PM
You said ANY other player. Who's your player? Pick one, and I'll take Tim Tebow.

Oh no, don't go there. You tell me how many passing yards, how many TD's and how many wins you can attribute to Tebow this year? Don't mince words, don't dodge. If you think this is a great pick let us all know how much of an impact Tebow is going to have this year?

Blueflame
04-22-2010, 11:04 PM
You mean, used to tailgate with?

I said what I intended to say. I don't appreciate your snide innuendo.

Doggcow
04-22-2010, 11:06 PM
Oh no, don't go there. You tell me how many passing yards, how many TD's and how many wins you can attribute to Tebow this year? Don't mince words, don't dodge. If you think this is a great pick let us all know how much of an impact Tebow is going to have this year?

Oh, so I have to defend Tebow and you just sit back and nitpick?

You said ANY OTHER PLAYER. I'm asking who your player would have been. Who should we have taken?

This team will have at least 10 wins this year, with Tim Tebow, I'm not going to echo stats for you to poke holes in, if you aren't even going to do anything more than parrot Mel Kiper and Jamie Dukes.

hookemhess
04-22-2010, 11:08 PM
<object width='425' height='344'><param name='movie' value='http://www.youtube.com/v/e5emEh2TVw4&hl=en_US&fs=1&'></param><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true'></param><param name='allowscriptaccess' value='always'></param><embed src='http://www.youtube.com/v/e5emEh2TVw4&hl=en_US&fs=1&' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' allowscriptaccess='always' allowfullscreen='true' width='425' height='344'></embed></object>

HAT
No, you get talent at the top, not bottom of the draft,.

Totally agree.....Since the draft is 7 rounds we can call rounds 1-3 "the top".

DBroncos4life
Im sure the Anti McD bus is full. Ha!

Archer81
04-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Totally agree.....Since the draft is 7 rounds we can call rounds 1-3 "the top".

Odd...I thought the draft was 240 of college football's best players.

Who knew?

~Crash~
04-22-2010, 11:10 PM
They had set them up perfectly aquiring picks then decided to ruin it all with drafting a guy that will not ever play. In fact, I'm betting niether of these guys contribute much next year. I'm not sure why Mcdaniels thinks he has unlimited time to produce a winner.

this .

HAT
04-22-2010, 11:11 PM
I can't support them anymore,

:blueflame

DBroncos4life
04-22-2010, 11:13 PM
I can't believe the fan base would quit because of one player!!!!

Archer81
04-22-2010, 11:16 PM
I can't believe the fan base would quit because of one player!!!!

I can.

The last year has removed my illusions about the indivisibility of Bronco fans and the team.

Doggcow
04-22-2010, 11:19 PM
I can.

The last year has removed my illusions about the indivisibility of Bronco fans and the team.

Love how Shanny can bust after bust after bust, but McD takes a leap of faith on a character guy like Tebow and people are NOW quitting.

OBF1
04-23-2010, 01:16 AM
I wonder how many of these whiners are going to jump ship and hop on Shannys junk now???

Taco John
04-23-2010, 01:30 AM
Love how Shanny can bust after bust after bust, but McD takes a leap of faith on a character guy like Tebow and people are NOW quitting.

I loved how Shanny won two Superbowls for us and earned some faith.

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 01:44 AM
I loved how Shanny won two Superbowls for us and earned some faith.

Shanny had that team gifted to him... If McD had that team now we'd be winning SB's too.

Blueflame
04-23-2010, 02:01 AM
Shanny had that team gifted to him... If McD had that team now we'd be winning SB's too.

Um.... no. Shanny brought in FAs like Eddie Mac, Romo, Neil Smith, Alfred Williams, Howard Griffith and Mark Schlereth. The team he had "gifted to him" was a 7-9 team.... one that had just been swept by the (6-10) Seachickens and (9-7) Raiders and split with the (9-7) Chefs and (11-5) Bolts.

extralife
04-23-2010, 02:21 AM
I heard Shanahan also drafted some dude named Terrell Davis that was a pretty important football player.

but what the hell are we even talking about anymore.

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 02:34 AM
Um.... no. Shanny brought in FAs like Eddie Mac, Romo, Neil Smith, Alfred Williams, Howard Griffith and Mark Schlereth. The team he had "gifted to him" was a 7-9 team.... one that had just been swept by the (6-10) Seachickens and (9-7) Raiders and split with the (9-7) Chefs and (11-5) Bolts.

Oh yeah, sorry. Forgot that Elway guy was just a side note, but he was pretty good.

extralife
04-23-2010, 02:45 AM
when you get up in the morning, is it a struggle to remember how to put your pants on?

hambone13
04-23-2010, 02:50 AM
Is this a joke?

:rofl: "this much stupid" CLASSIC

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 02:51 AM
Honestly, are you guys discounting Elway? Of all the people on the planet I would expect to downtalk Elway like he wasn't the heart and soul of the team, and a DAMN good one, it wouldn't have been Broncos fans.

I guess this is another case of whichever view supports your argument though.

Doggcow
04-23-2010, 02:52 AM

A la Jamaal Williams, Brian Dawkins?

If only McD already had Elway on the team, we would be set.

Swedish Extrovert
04-23-2010, 03:18 AM
Is this a joke?

It was much stupid.

Meck77
04-23-2010, 03:30 AM
I'll tell you what's stupid. All my childhood buddies that grew up in Denver with me that gave up on the Broncos around 1990.

As MVPlayas (Business) thread suggested. Bowlen has always had the goal of winning a SB while trying to make a buck. He did it twice with Elway and then we stalled out for a decade.

I know it's easy for some of you to want to hand tens of millions to a drunk, cry baby, diabetic QB but at the end of the day that bill had to be paid with cold hard CA$H. Same with Mar$hall. There is a major recession going on and Bowlen just saved himself some serious cash and he chose to invest in players that are HEALTHY and won't end up in fricken jail.

So Bowlen lost a few fans of the omane with the tebow pick. Big deal. He gained MILLIONS of people who have followed Tebow's career.

Lastly, I think a lot of people here don't like Tebow because of his religion. Well I'm here to tell you he's a Bronco and Broncos football is it's own religion. As with any religion. All you can do is have faith.

Blueflame
04-23-2010, 10:09 AM
Honestly, are you guys discounting Elway? Of all the people on the planet I would expect to downtalk Elway like he wasn't the heart and soul of the team, and a DAMN good one, it wouldn't have been Broncos fans.

I guess this is another case of whichever view supports your argument though.

No one's dissed Elway. He was the biggest factor in the SB wins.... however, it appears to me that you're discounting his "surrounding cast". Football is a team sport, Doggcow... and you need more than just a HOF QB.

Requiem
04-23-2010, 10:12 AM
Yep, and Josh McDaniels is trying to build a supporting cast that fits his system and hopes that by doing so, we can win a championship soon.

Requiem
04-23-2010, 10:13 AM

Zing!

Flex Gunmetal
04-23-2010, 10:26 AM

It's good for a mod to selectively defend members with whom they have personal relationships. Very diplomatic. :thumbsup:

jhns
04-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Oh yeah, sorry. Forgot that Elway guy was just a side note, but he was pretty good.

That is exactly why we won 12 SBs before Shanny became coach. We just needed Elway...

Cito Pelon
04-23-2010, 10:52 AM
You have to roll the dice sometimes.

Rohirrim
04-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Yep, and Josh McDaniels is trying to build a supporting cast that fits his system and hopes that by doing so, we can win a championship soon.

That's exactly it. The sooner we throw all the Shanahan vestiges of the Broncos out of our heads, the better. This will be an entirely different team. Different look. Different focus. IMO, if you want to know what this team is going to look like you should go watch video of the 2007 Patriots and their 16-0 season. McDaniels was the offensive coordinator of that team. That is the model he will use to build this team. The Shanahan paradigm is gone.

Blueflame
04-23-2010, 11:07 AM
It's good for a mod to selectively defend members with whom they have personal relationships. Very diplomatic. :thumbsup:

Hey, if I had met you in the tailgate lot many times (and we were friends) and someone (for no good reason) called you a "douchebag", then I'd defend you too. Mods can speak their minds too, y'know... it's not like I gave him a meaningless infraction or something. :P

Cito Pelon
04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Seems to me that this Tebow deal is just another big deal made up by some. Did the Cutler deal hurt the team? No. Did the Marshall deal hurt the team? No. Did the Scheffler deal hurt the team? No. Did the Weigmann cut hurt the team? No. Did the Hamilton loss hurt the team? No. Did the Davis cut hurt the team? No. Did the Phonz trade hurt the team? That can be argued. Did the Quinn I and Quinn II trades hurt the team? No. Did the Hochstein trade hurt the team? No. Did the LeKevin Smith trade hurt the team? Maybe. Did the Ayers and Knowshon picks hurt the team? No. Did the McBath and Bruton picks hurt the team? No. Did all those FA's on D hurt the team? No.

Denver has acquired a more solid team pretty fast, IMO.

Casper Bronco
04-23-2010, 11:36 AM

Sounds like a 3rd grade sister sticking up for her younger brother who's getting his gushers taken at lunchtime!

bronclvr
04-23-2010, 11:48 AM
I just don't understand the hate-here's a guy who won the Heisman, the Maxwell Award as the nation's top football player, the Davey O'Brien Award as the nation's best quarterback, and the James E. Sullivan Award as the nation's most outstanding amateur athlete in any sport. He was the first college football player to both rush and pass for twenty or more touchdowns in a single season and was the first college sophomore to win the Heisman.

He broke the SEC career record previously held by former Georgia running back Herschel Walker, has a strong Arm, is smart, and gets along with his Team mates, and is a very good character guy. He is mobile has a strong Arm and is smart-please show me where Cutler at the same point in his career was better-

I think it's great he's a Bronco, and we quite possibly have a bright future as Bronco Fans-here's to the terrific Tebow! :notworthy

Requiem
04-23-2010, 11:55 AM
That's exactly it. The sooner we throw all the Shanahan vestiges of the Broncos out of our heads, the better. This will be an entirely different team. Different look. Different focus. IMO, if you want to know what this team is going to look like you should go watch video of the 2007 Patriots and their 16-0 season. McDaniels was the offensive coordinator of that team. That is the model he will use to build this team. The Shanahan paradigm is gone.

:notworthy

Blueflame
04-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Sounds like a 3rd grade sister sticking up for her younger brother who's getting his gushers taken at lunchtime!

I don't care. It's just not in my nature to stand by mutely while one of my friends is being unfairly characterized as a "douchebag" by someone who's never met him. I didn't like it and said so.... big deal.

Requiem
04-23-2010, 12:09 PM
Anyone who would consider abandoning their favorite team just because of disliking one draft pick selection would qualify as a douchebag in my book.

NFLBRONCO
04-23-2010, 12:22 PM
I would have rather used picks to bolster other areas of the team first. While I think this is a huge risk and he's no better then Quinn I will root hard and be glad if I'm wrong.