PDA

View Full Version : Gil Brandt - Prediction

Braxton34
04-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Hope this dosen't happen

Hey Gil just wanted to get your take on the Broncos taking a wideout or a lb at 11? I feel they are going to trade down with a team like the Giants. What do you think?
Gil Brandt, NFL.com
Gil Brandt, NFL.com
Ramon, look for Denver to trade down, and let's just give them center Maurkice Pouncey of Florida at their pick. Then look for them to package two second-round picks -- which by the chart add up to the 18th overall pick -- to possibly get a defensive player.

And don't be shocked if the Broncos end up drafting Colt McCoy.

OBF1
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
A Center/QB center piece of the draft, Did not think of that one.

Dagmar
04-22-2010, 12:00 PM
This place would be epic.

oubronco
04-22-2010, 12:02 PM
That would suck

Drek
04-22-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm expecting us to trade down, likely with Philly to net their 2nd from Washington. I think there is a growing likelihood that we do make a move back up into the late first tonight though, assuming they really like Pouncey, because I'm feeling more and more certain that we want Weatherspoon after trading back from #11.

SoDak Bronco
04-22-2010, 12:08 PM
it sounds like we are def. not drafting at 11? I wonder if we will get good value since every damn team knows we are looking to bail at 11

SonOfLe-loLang
04-22-2010, 12:09 PM
it sounds like we are def. not drafting at 11? I wonder if we will get good value since every damn team knows we are looking to bail at 11

As long as theres more than one team interested, it shouldnt matter.

HILife
04-22-2010, 12:12 PM
no good will come of this.

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/canon_wk_15_2008_04.jpg

DBroncos4life
04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
If we draft McCoy we have the proof that McD was sent here to make us suck.

prunch
04-22-2010, 12:14 PM
I don't see QB at all in first 3 rounds ... not after McD being so high on Brady Quinn for 2 years and finally getting him. Inconceivable.

Popps
04-22-2010, 12:14 PM
Hope this dosen't happen

Hey Gil just wanted to get your take on the Broncos taking a wideout or a lb at 11? I feel they are going to trade down with a team like the Giants. What do you think?
Gil Brandt, NFL.com
Gil Brandt, NFL.com
Ramon, look for Denver to trade down, and let's just give them center Maurkice Pouncey of Florida at their pick. Then look for them to package two second-round picks -- which by the chart add up to the 18th overall pick -- to possibly get a defensive player.

And don't be shocked if the Broncos end up drafting Colt McCoy.

****, that's not a bad scenario, all in all.

Popps
04-22-2010, 12:16 PM
it sounds like we are def. not drafting at 11?

There's an awful lot of rumor about us moving down. Makes you wonder if we're floating it out there to get more teams bidding.

broncswin
04-22-2010, 12:17 PM
****, that's not a bad scenario, all in all.

don't know about mccoy...but would love to see pouncey and weatherspoon

Broncos_OTM
04-22-2010, 12:17 PM
i would be happy if Denver traded with philly. Got a 2nd and traded the other 2 number 2's and move up

montrose
04-22-2010, 12:18 PM
There's an awful lot of rumor about us moving down. Makes you wonder if we're floating it out there to get more teams bidding.

I was thinking that, it's rare you here so univerally - especially from the HC's lips - that a team wants to move down.

Broncos_OTM
04-22-2010, 12:19 PM
don't know about mccoy...but would love to see pouncey and weatherspoon

I dont undreestand the weatherspoon love... We have DJ williams who could not play TED. and i do not think that ither

bronclvr
04-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Man, I can't wait to see what this place is like about 6:30 or so tonignt-

rbackfactory80
04-22-2010, 12:38 PM
I agree Colt McCoy will be a Bronco.

DBroncos4life
04-22-2010, 12:54 PM
I agree Colt McCoy will be a Bronco.

I always wondered what it would be like to have a shorter version of Kyle Orton playing for us.

UberBroncoMan
04-22-2010, 12:54 PM
I seriously can't grasp the QB talk. Does this mean we're ready to cut Brandstater?

Think about what drafting a high pick QB says to the team too. It says Orton's days here are numbered.

gtown
04-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I always wondered what it would be like to have a shorter version of Kyle Orton playing for us.

I just don't see it. McD wants to get bigger guys on the OL. What kind of logic would it be to get a guy who can't even see over the OL?

HAT
04-22-2010, 01:05 PM
I seriously can't grasp the QB talk. Does this mean we're ready to cut Brandstater?

Think about what drafting a high pick QB says to the team too. It says Orton's days here are numbered.

11: Claussen
43: McCoy
45: Pike
80: Skelton

Assuming they don't package 43 & 45 to move up for Tebow of course....

Broncojef
04-22-2010, 01:09 PM
I wonder if theres any way we could see both Pouncey and Iupati as Broncos this evening. I know Brandt said moving back in to get defense but pulling a Center and a Guard day one would be huge.

HAT
04-22-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm expecting us to trade down, likely with Philly to net their 2nd from Washington. I think there is a growing likelihood that we do make a move back up into the late first tonight though, assuming they really like Pouncey, because I'm feeling more and more certain that we want Weatherspoon after trading back from #11.

Philly was so dang adamant about getting a top 42 for Mcnabb though...24 & 37 seems like too much for 11 to me (although I would love it).

Dedhed
04-22-2010, 01:15 PM
80: Skelton

This is what I want if we're going to take a QB at all. I think he might even be there in the 4th.

Triplelefthook
04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
I don't understand the QB talk or the OLB talk.

ColoradoBuff
04-22-2010, 01:20 PM
i'd be in favor of moving down and taking Pouncey...then trading back in the first to get either Graham, Weatherspooon, possibly McClain if he falls. anything but picking Pouncey/Graham at 11!!!!!!!

TailgateNut
04-22-2010, 01:23 PM
If we draft McCoy we have the proof that McD was sent here to make us suck.

Hilarious!

baja
04-22-2010, 01:27 PM

Not only do they want weatherspoon but they might trade DJ Williams too.

ScottXray
04-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Not only do they want weatherspoon but they might trade DJ Williams too.

Now this I can see. Weatherspoon reminds me of DJ a lot, which is one reason I don't think we can consider him at 11. But I can't see this unless we are trading DJ and maybe a lower round pick to get a low first and maybe a high second to pick him. And I don't think we get that kind of value for DJ, plus he has a high contract. So, it probably won't happen.
I'm pretty sure if it would not make us better either. And we still would need another late round LB, so it really doesn't make too much sense.

Hoo Haaa. What do I know?

TonyR
04-22-2010, 01:48 PM
...24 & 37 seems like too much for 11 to me (although I would love it).

Agree, no way they give us that.

baja
04-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Now this I can see. Weatherspoon reminds me of DJ a lot, which is one reason I don't think we can consider him at 11. But I can't see this unless we are trading DJ and maybe a lower round pick to get a low first and maybe a high second to pick him. And I don't think we get that kind of value for DJ, plus he has a high contract. So, it probably won't happen.
I'm pretty sure if it would not make us better either. And we still would need another late round LB, so it really doesn't make too much sense.

Hoo Haaa. What do I know?

Talked yourself right out of that didn't ya.