PDA

View Full Version : Your Picks on Record

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 08:13 PM
I've been thinking of this thread for awhile as a way to disrupt the partisan effect that's overtaken the mane in the last year. So I want everyone on record with 3 players they would love at #11 and 3 players they would hate at #11.

No takes where "I'll only be happy if we trade back/up" will be accepted. Only 3 players you'd be thrilled with, and 3 players you'd despise.

You cannot choose any of these players because there's no way they'll drop out of the top 10:
Ndamakong Suh
Gerald McCoy
Sam Bradford
Russel Okung
Bryan Bulaga
Trent Williams
Eric Berry

You can only choose from these players because they have a realistic chance
of being taken anywhere in the 1st round.

Dan Williams NT, Tennessee
Dez Bryant WR, Oklahoma
Mike Iupati OL, Idaho
Rolando McClain LB, Alabama
Brandon Graham DE/LB, Michigan
Jimmy Clausen QB, Notre Dame
Sean Weatherspoon LB, Missouri
Earl Thomas S, Texas
Bruce Campbell OT, Maryland
Sergio Kindle LB, Texas
Derrick Morgan DE, Georgia Tech
Joe Haden CB, Florida
Anthony Davis OT, Rutgers
Kyle Wilson CB, Boise St
Taylor Mays S, USC
Jerry Hughes OLB, TCU
Charles Brown OT, USC
Maurkice Pouncey C, Flordia
Golden Tate WR, Notre Dame
Jared Odrick DL, Penn State
Ryan Matthews RB, Fresno State
Jason Pierre-Paul DE, South Florida
CJ Spiller RB, Clemson
Everson Griffen DE, USC
Devin McCourty CB, Rutgers
Kareem Jackson CB, Alabama
Roger Saffold OT, Indiana
Jermaine Gresham TE, Oklahoma
Arrelious Benn WR, Illinois
Daryl Washington LB, TCU
Regis Benn WR, Illinois
and yes, Tim Tebow QB, Florida

This is your chance to be on record. Please do not come whining about the pick after the fact unless the Broncos chose a player on your "hate him" list. If you choose not to participate, you forfeit your right to complain.

Archer81
04-21-2010, 08:17 PM
Already said Tebow...but that is contingent on Denver trading with Philly so they get 11 and we get 24.

If we trade back, Tebow.
If we stay put, McClain.

:Broncos:

Gcver2ver3
04-21-2010, 08:23 PM
i'm good with: Spiller, Iupati, Pouncey...

not so good with: Dez Bryant, Klyle Wilson, Joe Haden...

Iupati is missing from your list btw...

atomicbloke
04-21-2010, 08:24 PM
3 players I would love at #11: Dan Williams, Mike Iupati, Jared Odrick

3 players I would love at #11: Dez Bryant, CJ Spiller, Joe Hadden

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 08:26 PM
I'll get the ball rolling with my own love/hate list
Love them:
Brandon Graham- Defines what it is to be a football player. Has the versatility to play ILB, OLB, or DE. A great weapon no matter where he lines up.

Sean Weatherspoon- Stepped into the Senior Bowl and was the immediate unquestioned leader. He is the Brian Dawkins/Al Wilson of this draft class.

Mike Iupati- I think he'll be the best interior lineman from this class, and I don't care that it's a little early, historically, to take an OG.

Hate them:
#1-Rolando McClain- I see nothing from this kid that makes me believe he'll be a good player or a leader. I think he owes all his success to playing on a great defense.

#2-Maurkice Pouncey- I think Pouncey is overrated as a center, and even more so as a football player. Spending #11 on a center would suck. Spending it on an overrated one would be even worse.

#3-Tim Tebow- I thought of leaving him off the list because I don't think anyone would be happy with him at #11, but I think he'll go in the 1st round and wanted to be as objective as possible with this thread.

Archer81
04-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Just realized I will be in class tomorrow night at 530...I am going to miss half the first round...**** a duck.

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Already said Tebow...but that is contingent on Denver trading with Philly so they get 11 and we get 24.

If we trade back, Tebow.
If we stay put, McClain.

Please folks, try to pay attention. There are a million threads in which to talk about the ifs, this is not it.

6 players that is all.

Finger Roll
04-21-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm good with Pouncy, Iupati & Earl Thomas

not ok with
Dez Bryant, Jason Pierre Paul, Odrick

Archer81
04-21-2010, 08:31 PM
Please folks, try to pay attention. There are a million threads in which to talk about the ifs, this is not it.

6 players that is all.

Psh...you and your rules.

Love/ok with them at 11
1. Dan Williams
2. Rolando McClain
3. Golden Tate

Hate them at 11
1. Joe Haden
2. Jason Pierre-Paul
3. Brandon Graham

Aftermath
04-21-2010, 08:36 PM
Love
1. brandon graham
2. jerry hughes
3. golden tate
Hate
1. joe haden
2. sergio kindle
3. taylor mays

watermock
04-21-2010, 08:42 PM
1. Spiler, take your lumps.
2.McClain 4 die hards is good enough 4 me.
3. Any top 5 pick left
4. Tarot

Hamrob
04-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Happy with:

McClain
Pouncey
Iupati

Unhappy about:

Bryant
Haden
Weatherspoon

Now, I think it's fair to comment on the fact...that many of these guys listed have no business in the top 15...so although I listed Bryant, Haden & Weatherspoon as the 3 I don't want...they at least are top 15 guys. Some of those folks aren't even close to top 15 picks.

watermock
04-21-2010, 08:45 PM
Golden Tate doen't have NFL speed.

spdirty
04-21-2010, 08:46 PM
What Id love. McClain, Williams, Iaputi, trade down for Pouncey.

What Id hate. Tebow anywhere in the first round (especially with trade down if Pouncey is still available), Bryant, Spiller.

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Now, I think it's fair to comment on the fact...that many of these guys listed have no business in the top 15...so although I listed Bryant, Haden & Weatherspoon as the 3 I don't want...they at least are top 15 guys. Some of those folks aren't even close to top 15 picks.

I agree, but I wanted to make this thread as black and white as possible. I'm hoping that people will engage in the spirit of the thread and not simply choose to hate guys who have no business really being in the discussion at #11.

Zoobie
04-21-2010, 08:53 PM
yes on Dez, Dan Williams, Pierre-Paul

no on Thomas, Iupati, Spiller

misturanderson
04-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Top 3:
Williams
Graham
Campbell (or Bulaga, I'm not sure that it's definite that he won't be around at 11)

Wouldn't like:
Pouncey
Haden
Mays

broncogary
04-21-2010, 08:59 PM
Yes-Bryant, Haden, Pouncey

No-Mays, Pierre-Paul, Tebow

Tombstone RJ
04-21-2010, 09:00 PM
I've been thinking of this thread for awhile as a way to disrupt the partisan effect that's overtaken the mane in the last year. So I want everyone on record with 3 players they would love at #11 and 3 players they would hate at #11.

No takes where "I'll only be happy if we trade back/up" will be accepted. Only 3 players you'd be thrilled with, and 3 players you'd despise.

You cannot choose any of these players because there's no way they'll drop out of the top 10:
Ndamakong Suh
Gerald McCoy
Sam Bradford
Russel Okung
Bryan Bulaga
Trent Williams
Eric Berry

You can only choose from these players because they have a realistic chance
of being taken anywhere in the 1st round.

Dan Williams NT, Tennessee I can live with at 11
Dez Bryant WR, Oklahoma I can live with at 11
Mike Iupati OL, Idaho
Rolando McClain LB, Alabama Not sold on McClain at 11
Brandon Graham DE/LB, Michigan
Jimmy Clausen QB, Notre Dame
Sean Weatherspoon LB, Missouri
Earl Thomas S, Texas I would love at 11
Bruce Campbell OT, Maryland
Sergio Kindle LB, Texas
Derrick Morgan DE, Georgia Tech
Joe Haden CB, Florida
Anthony Davis OT, Rutgers
Kyle Wilson CB, Boise St
Taylor Mays S, USC
Jerry Hughes OLB, TCU
Charles Brown OT, USC
Maurkice Pouncey C, Flordia No thanks at 11, trade down and yes
Jared Odrick DL, Penn State
Ryan Matthews RB, Fresno State
Jason Pierre-Paul DE, South Florida too risky at 11, no thanks
CJ Spiller RB, Clemson
Everson Griffen DE, USC
Devin McCourty CB, Rutgers
Kareem Jackson CB, Alabama
Roger Saffold OT, Indiana
Jermaine Gresham TE, Oklahoma
Arrelious Benn WR, Illinois
Daryl Washington LB, TCU
Regis Benn WR, Illinois
and yes, Tim Tebow QB, Florida

This is your chance to be on record. Please do not come whining about the pick after the fact unless the Broncos chose a player on your "hate him" list. If you choose not to participate, you forfeit your right to complain.

Some of the players you listed would be dumb at 11 (like Tebow) so I only commented on players who I think an NFL team would consider a viable pick at 11.

cmhargrove
04-21-2010, 09:01 PM
I know there is a game here, but i'm on record calling the one guy...

Like it or not, we're drafting Dez, end of story...

Liquid Courage
04-21-2010, 09:04 PM
I REALLY liked the outcome of Jay Goldberg's most recent mock for us . . . so I'll go with it: http://www.900footballlinks.net/2010jaymockdraft.htm
#11: Bryant
#43: Iupati
#45: Walton

I can't imagine a more dream draft than that though I don't see any way that Iupati falls that far . . .

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Some of the players you listed would be dumb at 11 (like Tebow) so I only commented on players who I think an NFL team would consider a viable pick at 11.Please keep your "comments" in one of the thousand other threads.

Either go on record, or stay away. And don't come whining tomorrow night.

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 09:06 PM
I know there is a game here, but i'm on record calling the one guy...

Like it or not, we're drafting Dez, end of story...

You've missed the point of the thread. This is not a prediction thread, there are plenty if that's what you're looking for.

slatimer
04-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Pouncey , Bryant, McClain

dbroncos31
04-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Love at #11
1. Jimmy Clausen, ND
2. Earl Thomas, Tex
3. Dan Williams, Tenn

Hate at #11
1. Tim Tebow, Fla (would be fine with him later)
2. Maurkice Pouncey, Fla (would be fine with him later)
3. Dez Bryant, Ok St.

Tombstone RJ
04-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Please keep your "comments" in one of the thousand other threads.

Either go on record, or stay away. And don't come whining tomorrow night.

I'm going on record and saying your overly demanding. Oh, and I made my picks Captain Thread, take another look.

Rohirrim
04-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Would be fine with at 11:
Dan Williams
Earl Thomas
Joe Haden

Would not like to see picked at 11:
Bryant
Weatherspoon
McClain

Br0nc0Buster
04-21-2010, 09:22 PM
I dont think we pick at 11, but if we stay there I like in this order: Earl Thomas, Joe Haden, Dan Williams

I would not like: Rolando McClain, Pouncey, Iupati

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 09:23 PM
I'm going on record and saying your overly demanding. Oh, and I made my picks Captain Thread, take another look.This was meant to be a no whining thread.

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Would be fine with at 11:
Dan Williams
Earl Thomas
Joe Haden

Would not like to see picked at 11:
Bryant
Weatherspoon
McClain
What would you hate about Weatherspoon?

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 09:25 PM
I dont think we pick at 11, but if we stay there I like in this order: Earl Thomas, Joe Haden, Dan Williams

I would not like: Rolando McClain, Pouncey, Iupati
What would you hate about Iupati?

Tombstone RJ
04-21-2010, 09:25 PM
This was meant to be a no whining thread.

Then you need to take your own advice.

Br0nc0Buster
04-21-2010, 09:26 PM
What would you hate about Iupati?

that we passed on either Haden, Thomas, or Williams to take a guard
one that struggled in the senior bowl no less

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 09:29 PM
that we passed on either Haden, Thomas, or Williams to take a guard
one that struggled no less in the senior bowl

I'm not a Haden or a Williams fan, but I understand the value argument with Iupati.

Watch the SB tape where Iupati played LG. He struggled a bit at RG and during drills at Tackle (classic agent backfire).

Durango
04-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Yes: McClain, Thomas, Bulaga

No: Pouncey, Spiller, Bryant

Great13
04-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Great idea!

Love:
Spiller
Graham
Dan Williams

Hate:
Tebow
Haden
McClain

cmhargrove
04-21-2010, 09:35 PM
You've missed the point of the thread. This is not a prediction thread, there are plenty if that'e what you're looking for.

OK, ok.

I think that your origial "won't drop" list is flawed. I do think Bulaga could drop because he isn't a great Tackle (good, not great).

So my three would be:
1. Bulaga
2. Bryant
3. Earl Thomas

FireFly
04-21-2010, 09:36 PM
not ok with
Dez Bryant, Jason Pierre Paul, mcclain

would love dan williams, eric berry, or pouncey

FireFly
04-21-2010, 09:41 PM
but the honest truth is, and the problem with this thread is that there are only 5-10 players on the list that any one WOULD be happy with at 11 and the rest would be considered massive reaches. So fine give your 3 favourite picks, but trying to say that there are only 3 picks you'd hate? Doesn't really work

Rohirrim
04-21-2010, 09:46 PM
What would you hate about Witherspoon?

I wouldn't mind him at about 20, but at 11 he would be a reach. If McD wants him, he should trade down and get more picks. At 11, I would like Williams, Bulaga, Haden, Spiller or Thomas. They might be available there and all would be good value at that spot. Bryant is way up there because he's basically the only undisputed first rounder of the WRs. I would place him more around 20. Same as McClain. Iaupati at about 24. Graham about 18. etcetera

ScottXray
04-21-2010, 10:04 PM
At 11 I'm Good with:
Pouncey
Williams
Bryant

I'd hate :

Iupati
Weatherspoon
Tebow or any other QB

gunns
04-21-2010, 10:13 PM
I can't say necessarily at 11 but whatever picks we have I would have no problem with

Dan Williams
Mike Iupati
Brandon Graham
Sean Weatherspoon
Earl Thomas
Sergio Kindle
Derrick Morgan
Maurkice Pouncey
Jermaine Gresham
Arrelious Benn (not in the first, and isn't Regis the same person?)

The ones I would hate are
Dez Bryant
Jimmy Clausen
Bruce Campbell
Anthony Davis
Charles Brown
Jared Odrick
Jason Pierre-Paul
Tim Tebow

Sorry, didn't see the thing about 6 but I'd be okay with more than 6, hate more than 6.

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Yes: McClain, Thomas, Bulaga

No: Pouncey, Spiller, Bryant

Bulaga is on the "no pick" list because he's very unlikely to be available outside the top 10.

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 10:21 PM
OK, ok.

I think that your origial "won't drop" list is flawed. I do think Bulaga could drop because he isn't a great Tackle (good, not great).

So my three would be:
1. Bulaga
2. Bryant
3. Earl Thomas
My "won't drop" list was based on players who no one would legitimately complain about at #11.

Sure, it's possible Suh, Bradford, or McCoy could drop, but who, other than total turds would complain at any of those guys being selected at #11? I think Bulaga is in that group.

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 10:23 PM
OK, ok.

So my three would be:
1. Bulaga
2. Bryant
3. Earl Thomasand who would you hate?

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 10:24 PM
At 11 I'm Good with:
Pouncey
Williams
Bryant

I'd hate :

Iupati
Weatherspoon
Tebow or any other QBWhat is your argument against Spoon?

nickademus
04-21-2010, 10:44 PM
good with Dan Williams, R. McClain, Earl Thomas.

Hate: Pouncy, Dez Bryant, Especially Tim freaking Tebow.

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 11:27 PM
good with Dan Williams, R. McClain, Earl Thomas.

Hate: Pouncy, Dez Bryant, Especially Tim freaking Tebow.

I don't see anything from McClain other than the fact that he played on a good defense.

What do you like about his game?

Pick Six
04-21-2010, 11:38 PM
3 I could stomach at #11:

Earl Thomas
Dan Williams
Mike Iupati

3 I don't want at #11:

Dez Bryant
CJ Spiller
Regis Benn

Shoemaker
04-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Like at 11:

1) Williams
2) Bryant
3) Thomas

I wouldn't hate drafting McClain here, but these are my top three. I like Weatherspoon better than McClain, but wouldn't want him drafter unless we trade back.

Dislike at 11:

1) Tebow
2) Iupati
3) Pouncey

Though I'd be fine with at least Iupati and Pouncey later in the first round. I might even be starting to come around on Tebow.

Good thread idea, by the way.

strafen
04-21-2010, 11:50 PM
i'm good with: Spiller, Iupati, Pouncey...

not so good with: Dez Bryant, Klyle Wilson, Joe Haden...

Iupati is missing from your list btw...Drafting Dez Bryant defies all logic of why we've got rid of Marshall.
For starters, he has some issues of character that is why Marshall didn't get held by the Broncos.
Second, Dez Bryant will have to be paid a lot more money than what Marshall was offered to start with, for those who said the Broncos weren't going to pay Marshall more than what they offered in his 1st round tender offer sheet...

mkporter
04-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Love:
McClain
Pouncey
Williams

Hate:
Tebow
Clausen
Pierre-Paul

UberBroncoMan
04-22-2010, 12:26 AM
I say we move down and pick Pouncey. Rarely does a wide spread theory come to pass. However center is an absolutly killer need right now, as is left guard to a slightly lesser extent.

It's appears this administration values the theory that a team is built on both lines. We addressed the D-Line in FA and have youth to back it up. Now it's time to hit the two big spots on our O-Line and then address the other needs... like WR and an ILB.

So I say...

1st round

Pouncey

2nd round

Benn
Some Guard
Some ILB

Taco John
04-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Love:
McClain
Iupati
Weatherspoon
Dan Williams

Hate:
1st round WR
1st round RB

diehardbroncosfan
04-22-2010, 12:54 AM
Love:

Sean Weatherspoon- Love this kid. Think he could be a great leader for years to come on this defense.

Maurkice Pouncey- Another guy that could be an anchor for our team for years

Arellious Benn- Awesome talent

Hate:

Dez Bryant- Got great potential, but I really don't want to go through Wide Receiver drama again so soon. Even negotiating a contract could be painstakingly difficult.

Tim Tebow- If taken at 11, it could be a disaster. Further on the draft (say second round and on), I would be ok with it, but not necessarily happy.

Jimmy Clausen- Don't want him, plain and simple.

Dedhed
04-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Drafting Dez Bryant defies all logic of why we've got rid of Marshall.
For starters, he has some issues of character that is why Marshall didn't get held by the Broncos.
Second, Dez Bryant will have to be paid a lot more money than what Marshall was offered to start with, for those who said the Broncos weren't going to pay Marshall more than what they offered in his 1st round tender offer sheet...
I notice your picks aren't listed.

Dedhed
04-22-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm noticing that none of the McD haters have chosen to participate yet. Interesting.

Old Dude
04-22-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm not a McD hater, but not a huge fan either.

I'm not going to get too riled up no matter who they take in Round 1 because, frankly, I figure the Bronco staff knows an almost infinite amount more than I do about talent evaluation and these particular players.

By the same token, I'm not going to get too giddy about any particular pick because ... you just never know.

All that said, I think they have four obvious areas of need: center, left guard, inside linebacker and wide receiver. Based on that, the three guys who seem to fit the bill are:

Pouncey
McClain
Bryant

These guys all have issues. #11 is probably too high for a center. McClain has the unknown health issue. Bryant has a character issue, though it sounds like it was mainly a matter of maturity and wasn't criminal. Frankly, my bigger problem with him is that the draft is historically loaded with busts at wide reeiver. It is rarely a safe pick.

Guys who would cause me to blink if they were taken at 11:

Tebow. Great athlete, but can he play QB in the NFL, and how long would he take to develop? I'd have to seriously wonder if he could even make the squad as a QB. And if not QB, then what? I wouldn't mind seeing the Broncos take him in the 3rd as some sort of developmental player - - but as the 11th pick????

Haden, Wilson, Jackson or McCourty. I think cornerback is the least of our needs and, at least from what little I know, none of these guys stands out that much more than any of the others. If Denver really feels it needs to bolster that spot, I think there would be plenty of equally good prospects in the second or third rounds.

TheReverend
04-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Extremely indifferent about round 1 pending day two selections tomorrow. As it should be.

Mediator12
04-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Extremely indifferent about round 1 pending day two selections tomorrow. As it should be.

Polian said it best this morning. Take the best player available in round one and then go hunting for team value....

Mr.Meanie
04-22-2010, 08:39 AM
Love:
Weatherspoon
Pouncey
Earl Thomas

Hate:
Clausen
Mays
Tebow

TheReverend
04-22-2010, 08:40 AM
Polian said it best this morning. Take the best player available in round one and then go hunting for team value....

BPA's extremely subjective in round 1 this year. Think that thought process can drag into the mid third, and team value system specific guys going almost into the 6th.

Dedhed
04-22-2010, 08:44 AM
So, not going on record?

This isn't about where you build your team, or draft philosophies. It's about putting your money where your mouth is.

Since you're indifferent about round one, and apparently unwilling to put up, I'm sure you'll have nothing to complain about when the pick comes down.

Mediator12
04-22-2010, 08:47 AM
BPA's extremely subjective in round 1 this year. Think that thought process can drag into the mid third, and team value system specific guys going almost into the 6th.

Actually this is what Polian does every year! He is so systematic in his approach and never wavers. He really works a plan like no one else.

The 3rd tier in this draft though seems to fall from about 22-45 IMHO. What you do not have is a lot of general scheme players in this draft, but a bunch of very scheme valued players. From talking to several people I think people are going to be very surprised where a lot of people actually get selected in this draft versus their top 100 value rankings by people. I am really excited about FRI night, it should be much more interesting than tonight IMHO.

TheReverend
04-22-2010, 08:48 AM
So, not going on record?

This isn't about where you build your team, or draft philosophies. It's about putting your money where your mouth is.

Since you're indifferent about round one, and apparently unwilling to put up, I'm sure you'll have nothing to complain about when the pick comes down.

Depending on who we follow up with tomorrow and Saturday, nope.

Call it "put up or shut up" all you want, this thread is stupid... par for the course with you.

TheReverend
04-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Actually this is what Polian does every year! He is so systematic in his approach and never wavers. He really works a plan like no one else.

The 3rd tier in this draft though seems to fall from about 22-45 IMHO. What you do not have is a lot of general scheme players in this draft, but a bunch of very scheme valued players. From talking to several people I think people are going to be very surprised where a lot of people actually get selected in this draft versus their top 100 value rankings by people. I am really excited about FRI night, it should be much more interesting than tonight IMHO.

Definitely. In that same vein, there are a handful of complete enigmas this year that someone might take tonight out of raw curiosity so I'm looking forward to that. And yes, Polian is nothing shy of amazing. What he's done throughout the course of his career should be copied and imitated by everyone as best they can.

Dedhed
04-22-2010, 08:50 AM
Depending on who we follow up with tomorrow and Saturday, nope.

Call it "put up or shut up" all you want, this thread is stupid... par for the course with you.

Thought so.

Mediator12
04-22-2010, 08:52 AM
So, not going on record?

I appreciate your attempt to draw out people but what is the point? I doubt DEN picks at 11 and this just paints you in a corner. I reserve the right to discuss players and decisions after they happen, not before I know what happens in the picks previously. Its about more than just liking players. It's about opportunity and opportunity cost. That is impossible to guess ahead of time. It's paralysis through analysis without the facts. Count me out of your scenario as well....

Dedhed
04-22-2010, 08:55 AM

The 3rd tier in this draft though seems to fall from about 22-45 IMHO. What you do not have is a lot of general scheme players in this draft, but a bunch of very scheme valued players. From talking to several people I think people are going to be very surprised where a lot of people actually get selected in this draft versus their top 100 value rankings by people. I am really excited about FRI night, it should be much more interesting than tonight IMHO.I think we're in a perfect spot to end up with 4 picks in the 22-45 range, which would give us a tremendous opportunity with how strong this draft class is.

I think it's going to get really exciting as soon as round one ends, and all the way through Friday. It will be interesting to watch how the new draft layout effects the dynamics of the process.

Dedhed
04-22-2010, 08:59 AM
I appreciate your attempt to draw out people but what is the point? I doubt DEN picks at 11 and this just paints you in a corner. I reserve the right to discuss players and decisions after they happen, not before I know what happens in the picks previously. Its about more than just liking players. It's about opportunity and opportunity cost. That is impossible to guess ahead of time. It's paralysis through analysis without the facts. Count me out of your scenario as well....
I certainly welcome discussion about prospects. This thread is an attempt to stem the partisan tide. I think there are certain people who won't go on record with who they like because they're going to lambaste anything the new FO does, and others who will just homer on.

I'm tired of that dynamic on the OM.

uplink
04-22-2010, 09:02 AM
trade down and pick up Pouncey

Mediator12
04-22-2010, 09:07 AM
I certainly welcome discussion about prospects. This thread is an attempt to stem the partisan tide. I think there are certain people who won't go on record with who they like because they're going to lambaste anything the new FO does, and others who will just homer on.

I'm tired of that dynamic on the OM.

I am certainly tired of the dynamic as well, but people only change when they are motivated to do so. I am just sad that this place has devolved into a political partisan style hater versus homer labeling war board. I am not either and I hate it when people take the easy way out in the decesion making process and make everything succumb to their limited viewpoint. I enjoy the passion, but abhor the process anymore. It is not worth the amount of time to try and change this place or peoples opinions.

Now, that being said, I still really enjoy the mane. Some great people here and I love the relationships I have with people here. Not going anywhere because of that.

Now, Back to the draft ;D

Dedhed
04-22-2010, 09:14 AM
I am certainly tired of the dynamic as well, but people only change when they are motivated to do so. I am just sad that this place has devolved into a political partisan style hater versus homer labeling war board. I am not either and I hate it when people take the easy way out in the decesion making process and make everything succumb to their limited viewpoint. I enjoy the passion, but abhor the process anymore. It is not worth the amount of time to try and change this place or peoples opinions.

Now, that being said, I still really enjoy the mane. Some great people here and I love the relationships I have with people here. Not going anywhere because of that.

Now, Back to the draft ;DI agree completely. I guess this is my attempt to try to swing the OM away from purely partisan rhetoric. Perhaps it's unlikely to have the desired affect, but worth a shot.

55CrushEm
04-22-2010, 09:17 AM
ONLY if we stay put at #11.......

I would like Rolando McClain, Dan Williams, Earl Thomas

I would not like Tebow, Spiller, Clausen

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2010, 09:21 AM
My pick is O-line. I don't really care who they pick because 80 percent of the time that draft pick won't have an impact until next season at best.

strafen
04-22-2010, 09:21 AM
I'm noticing that none of the McD haters have chosen to participate yet. Interesting.Remember last year?
I think had McDaniels just followed ANY draft mock thrown around last year, he would've done a much better job at the draft.
I only can tell you this though...
To be able to win, to be able to contend in the NFL, you need a bona-fide marquee QB.
That's what I think Mcdaniels would do. I'll be happy if McDaniels draft a QB of very high potential to be the real deal early.

What we won't need is another WR, TE or RB within the first 3 rds.
Rolando McClain, or Clausen with the first pick.
The unimaginable: Tebow. This I can see McDaniels doing in the same fashion he picked Richard Quinn last year. He thought somebody was going to get Quinn before he had another chance.

Again, if you look at the roster we've got, QB is now the most important position in your roster. JMO...

My list:
McClain
Tennant
Iupati
Olsen
Tebow. Yeah, I know...

mellow mood
04-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Love
Dan Williams
Rolando McClain
Earl Thomas
Maurkice Pouncey - would rather trade back for, but either way

could live with
Mike Iupati
Sean Weatherspoon
CJ Spiller
Brandon Graham

would not like anyone else in the list

MVP-06
04-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Yes to Pouncey, Earl Thomas, McClain

No to Claussen, Mays, CJ "Spiller is out of the game" Spiller

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2010, 09:38 AM
I still say McClain is a bad choice because there is something wrong with him.

TailgateNut
04-22-2010, 09:45 AM
OK:Dan Williams NT, Tennessee
Mike Iupati OL, Idaho
Rolando McClain LB, Alabama
Not OK: TEBOW or a WR pick at #11

ScottXray
04-22-2010, 10:17 AM
What is your argument against Spoon?

I think he is a reach at 11, and not good value there. Don't think he is a three down player, in fact I don't think any of the LBs are 3 down. Wouldn't mind him late 1st or early 2nd. We need impact players at 11.

TheReverend
04-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Thought so.

You "thought so"? Are you agreeing that your thread is stupid?

Because taking the deepest draft in decades and minimizing it to one selection where we may or may not even be picking... that's pretty much my definition of stupid.

chex
04-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Assuming we stay at #11:

Yay

Dan Williams
Earl Thomas
Rolando McClain

Nay

Tim Tebow, anywhere
Maurkice Pouncey
Jimmy Clausen

cmhargrove
04-22-2010, 10:27 AM
I still say McClain is a bad choice because there is something wrong with him.

Other than being a slow decision maker, and being an arm tackler, what are you referring to?

Dedhed
04-22-2010, 10:46 AM
I think he is a reach at 11, and not good value there. Don't think he is a three down player, in fact I don't think any of the LBs are 3 down. Wouldn't mind him late 1st or early 2nd. We need impact players at 11.

It's tough to find value guys at #11 at the positions we need to address. That's why I like the BPA approach in the first round, look for needs later.

To me Spoon has added value for the leadership he brings. Same reason I like Brandon Graham. Just hard working, inspirational guys who are going to educe superior play from teammates.