Ambiguous
04-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Per Shefter

Garcia Bronco
04-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Should be for life.

s0phr0syne
04-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Anyone have a link to a good Steelers board? I want to sadistically enjoy the meltdown

Chris
04-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Rape suspension: 0 games.

Rohirrim
04-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Greasy Al will take him for his first rounder and then sue the league to overturn the suspension. Ha!

HEAV
04-21-2010, 10:19 AM
6 games...but if he goes to counseling it will be reduced to 4 games.

Popps
04-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Wuah waah wuaaaaaahhhhhh.

Rohirrim
04-21-2010, 10:22 AM
6 games...but if he goes to counseling it will be reduced to 4 games.

What do they tell him in counseling, "Don't rape girls in bathroom stalls?" Oh, Ben, In case you haven't heard this before...

ColoradoDarin
04-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Try not to rape anyone in those 6 weeks, will ya Ben.

TailgateNut
04-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Should be for life.

says the guy who thinks it's ok to have sex with underage girls.:rofl:

Ambiguous
04-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Try not to rape anyone in those 6 weeks, will ya Ben.

Dude... Ben has six weeks free time on his hands. SOMEONE is getting raped.

Rohirrim
04-21-2010, 10:29 AM
Dude... Ben has six weeks free time on his hands. SOMEONE is getting raped.

Naw, he'll go fishing with Baja.

Hide them senoritas!

NFLBRONCO
04-21-2010, 10:35 AM
I can't wait to see big ben on America's most wanted

Garcia Bronco
04-21-2010, 10:36 AM

I never said that ever, but you consider underage to be 21.

theAPAOps5
04-21-2010, 10:37 AM
Big Ben needs to put a leash on little Ben. Should have been 8 games minimum reduced to 8 games if he got counceling.

baja
04-21-2010, 10:38 AM
Naw, he'll go fishing with Baja.

Hide them senoritas!

I got just the girl for him...... Razor blade Rita

Pool
04-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Wonder who Pittsburgh would draft at QB position? McCoy?

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2010, 10:46 AM
This sets a dangerous precedent. If they didn't already, gold diggers everywhere will smell blood in the water.

How hard would it really be to get a couple of girlfriends together and ruin a high profile player's life with a simple little story (not that it doesn't happen already)? The Commish is stating now that you need nothing more than a few drunk or potentially insane women (what the hotel worker in Vegas has been labelled) to make a statement against you, NOT press charges, and he'll see to it that you are punished and your reputation is ruined.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not in any way trying to defend Ben here. He sure seems sleazy based on what we've heard third and fourth hand.....but who wouldn't when you only get one side of the story? Either way, I don't have a clue what's going on with him and these girls. I just find it a little questionable the way the league can decide your fate (weeks earlier than they said they would) on what could potentially be nothing more than a simple lie thrown out there with nothing to back it up.

baja
04-21-2010, 10:48 AM
This sets a dangerous precedent. If they didn't already, gold diggers everywhere will smell blood in the water.

How hard would it really be to get a couple of girlfriends together and ruin a high profile player's life with a simple little story (not that it doesn't happen already)? The Commish is stating now that you need nothing more than a few drunk or potentially insane women (what the hotel worker in Vegas has been labelled) to make a statement against you, NOT press charges, and he'll see to it that you are punished and your reputation is ruined.

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not in any way trying to defend Ben here. He sure seems sleazy based on what we've heard third and fourth hand.....but who wouldn't when you only get one side of the story? Either way, I don't have a clue what's going on with him and these girls. I just find it a little questionable the way the league can decide your fate (weeks earlier than they said they would) on what could potentially be nothing more than a simple lie thrown out there with nothing to back it up.

If it were only this one time I am sure the suspension would be much less if at all.

TailgateNut
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM
I never said that ever, but you consider underage to be 21.

Horse Dookie!

Should I use the search function (disclaimer:if it goes back that far).

LRtagger
04-21-2010, 10:53 AM

To be fair, I believe goodell had access and cooperation from the investigation team in the case. They may have not acquired enough evidence to convict in a court or law, but there may have been enough there to convince goodell that Ben did something wrong.

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2010, 10:56 AM
If it were only this one time I am sure the suspension would be much less if at all.

Completely understand that. But, in today's day and age especially with technology and social networking, it's easier than ever for "bitter ex's" to take advantage of this type of system.

Got a few girlfriends from college in different states? Or simply a few sympathetic facebook friends living around the country? Calling all friends - please help me ruin this guy's life. All you need to do is call up your local media and give them the juicy details of that girl's night out where you saw so and so in that nightclub. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory or whatever....but, really, what are we going on here? Two women's stories that nobody else can verify, with no criminal or civil proceedings of any kind? One was drunk and admitted her memory was hazy and the other was supposedly a mental case?

Maybe it's just because I've studied and worked in law my whole life, so I need to investigate and see some form of hard evidence.....but I don't like where this is headed. Too easy to abuse this system IMO.

TheDave
04-21-2010, 10:56 AM

http://www.teacherharmony.com/chris_hansen.jpg

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2010, 10:58 AM
To be fair, I believe goodell had access and cooperation from the investigation team in the case. They may have not acquired enough evidence to convict in a court or law, but there may have been enough there to convince goodell that Ben did something wrong.

It's all become public now, so they have no access to anything we don't have access to. I personally haven't seen any real smoking guns. Closest thing was the hand written police report, but I can run up to a cop today and give one of those about anyone.

OrangenBlueOhio
04-21-2010, 11:04 AM
Saw a crawler on ESPN. Steelers looking for a top 10 pick for Rapistberger. Maybe sleazy Al will pick him up. I wouldn't give a first rounder for the guy.

gunns
04-21-2010, 11:04 AM

How is a girl a gold digger if she says something happened but doesn't want to press charges, or even give her name, since that's the only way she could profit from it. Unless of course these are Baltimore Raven or Cincy fans trying to give their team an advantage. :yayaya:

And I haven't heard Ben doing a lot of protesting except maybe with the first one....and that's the one that's still pending. After that he's pretty much been out of touch. Rep ruined? If he's not guilty he's a damn fool for putting himself in those situations.

TailgateNut
04-21-2010, 11:08 AM
http://www.teacherharmony.com/chris_hansen.jpg

:spit:(don't let him know he's being watched!!!:wiggle:

I can't recall the thread from a few years back, but GB sure was pro "young girl sex". Something along the lines of "in some states it's legal to ............blah,blah,blah.......as young as 16yo.....blah...blah....blah....".

I'll try to find it if he keeps trying to deny it.

Kaylore
04-21-2010, 11:14 AM
The Steelers' schedule lacks any playoff teams or prime-time games for the first six weeks of the season. That's awfully convenient.

http://spokenrap.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/conspiracy.jpg

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2010, 11:19 AM
How is a girl a gold digger if she says something happened but doesn't want to press charges, or even give her name, since that's the only way she could profit from it.

I'm not saying they are in this particular case. I'm talking future cases and the precedent this case sets. Goodell is showing just how low of a bar must be met by any accuser before he will act.

And I haven't heard Ben doing a lot of protesting except maybe with the first one....and that's the one that's still pending. After that he's pretty much been out of touch.

Under advice of counsel, no doubt. Not his call.

Rep ruined? If he's not guilty he's a damn fool for putting himself in those situations.

Again, I want to focus more on future events. What would define a "situation"? Looks to me like all it might take is a night out with some friends. Anyone can say anything any more and it's to the point where you would have to prove your innocence to Goodell.

rastaman
04-21-2010, 12:31 PM
Everyone is rushing to judgement IMHO. There hasn't been a trial and so what you have are courts of public opinion rendering Big Ben guility as charge.

Rothlesburger started out having consentual sex with this women and somehow thinks got out of control and had ended in aggravted-assualt or attempted rape.

I'm not necessarily condoning Bens actions......but I'm not blindly believing the woman's story either. As a professional athlete making millions and the face of a Corporate level professional sports team, Ben must make better off the field decisons and stop partying with college age groupie-girls, who maybe out to make some money at his expense.

There's always two sides to every story.

Remember if this woman is found to have been lying all this time.....what type of legal or employment repercussions will she suffer? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Meanwhile, Rothlesburger has already had to pay a steep penalty in missing pay for 6 weeks due to his 6 week suspension.

boltaneer
04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
Tila Tequila threw all sorts of accusations at Merriman and none of them stuck.

Granted, she had little credibility to start out with because she is known as a complete airhead but I think the truth eventually comes out in these sort of situations.

It's going to take more than a couple of bimbos thinking up a story to fool everyone. Either the player will have a justifiable alabi or somewhere, someone will trip up on their lie or the story will just not make sense, just like the Tila Tequila scenario.

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2010, 12:38 PM
It's going to take more than a couple of bimbos thinking up a story to fool everyone.

One drugged out hooker was all it took in the Duke case. The DA certainly helped, but people had already formed their opinion and a good deal of damage was done long before the DA even started messing with evidence. It doesn't take much nowadays when everyone immediately assumes guilt on the part of the "rich, spoiled athlete."

And, switching gears, what about "balloon boy"?

You overestimate the ability of the average joe to avoid being punked.

Paladin
04-21-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't remember her last name now, but we should introduce Ben to Lorretta.......

She tossed her hisband's "equipment" in the park. He was lucky; a dog found it and they sewed it back on......

Garcia Bronco
04-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Horse Dookie!

Should I use the search function (disclaimer:if it goes back that far).

It's your claim...you made it. You prove it.

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't remember her last name now, but we should introduce Ben to Lorretta.......

She tossed her hisband's "equipment" in the park. He was lucky; a dog found it and they sewed it back on......

Lorena Bobbit

boltaneer
04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
One drugged out hooker was all it took in the Duke case. The DA certainly helped, but people had already formed their opinion and a good deal of damage was done long before the DA even started messing with evidence. It doesn't take much nowadays when everyone immediately assumes guilt on the part of the "rich, spoiled athlete."

And, switching gears, what about "balloon boy"?

You overestimate the ability of the average joe to avoid being punked.

In these cases, the truth eventually came out though. People will always form opinions prematurely but their opinions will change once they find out the true story.

Everyone sympathized with the Ballon Boy's parents until they were found out. Now they've become a laughing stock.

I know you guys don't like Merriman because he's a Charger/dance/steroid thing but do any of you think he is a woman beater?

I've made it known that I'm not a huge fan of him but the Tila Tequila thing isn't anything that I hold against him since her story was pure B.S.

Garcia Bronco
04-21-2010, 12:48 PM
:spit:(don't let him know he's being watched!!!:wiggle:

I can't recall the thread from a few years back, but GB sure was pro "young girl sex". Something along the lines of "in some states it's legal to ............blah,blah,blah.......as young as 16yo.....blah...blah....blah....".

I'll try to find it if he keeps trying to deny it.

Oh...you mean the legal age of consent? I quoted that and it means I promote underage sex?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_North_America

LRtagger
04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
It's all become public now, so they have no access to anything we don't have access to. I personally haven't seen any real smoking guns. Closest thing was the hand written police report, but I can run up to a cop today and give one of those about anyone.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but the talking heads keep saying the NFL and the Steelers have additional information/evidence that the public does not have.

Garcia Bronco
04-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Maybe I'm mistaken, but the talking heads keep saying the NFL and the Steelers have additional information/evidence that the public does not have.

Then they've obstructed justice and are subject to criminal penalties.

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2010, 12:54 PM

If true, I'm not even sure what it could be. Anything in the police dept's possession is public. Anything that's even remotely revealing (video from the club, eyewitness testimony, a random person's camera phone, etc) would have to be surrendered to the police. If one of the talking heads really did say this, you can bet the local PD would've placed a call to them immediately asking for whatever it was and, if meaty, would've forced them to bring charges.

loborugger
04-21-2010, 12:59 PM
I heard it mentioned on the radio that while the suspension could be reduced, it could also be extended if his behavior or 'progress' isnt deemed as acceptable by Sheriff Goodell or by the docs running his behavior modification. While it seems like most dudes could lie and at least give an air of giving a crap to a headshrinker, if there is one guy who couldnt, it would a dude like Big Ben... someone with a giant ego and apparently unconcerned with others or what they think of him.

kappys
04-21-2010, 01:07 PM
http://www-tc.pbs.org/wgbh/cultureshock/flashpoints/theater/images/clockwork_big.jpg

This should take care of the problem

gunns
04-21-2010, 02:31 PM
If true, I'm not even sure what it could be. Anything in the police dept's possession is public. Anything that's even remotely revealing (video from the club, eyewitness testimony, a random person's camera phone, etc) would have to be surrendered to the police. If one of the talking heads really did say this, you can bet the local PD would've placed a call to them immediately asking for whatever it was and, if meaty, would've forced them to bring charges.

Untrue. The police or investigative party can deem some evidence not available to the public in case of court case. I'm sure whatever additional evidence they have is from the police dept.

BMarsh615
04-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Anyone have a link to a good Steelers board? I want to sadistically enjoy the meltdown

This is a pretty active Steelers board. That place reminds me the Mane last year.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/index.php

Los Broncos
04-21-2010, 02:41 PM

Wait and see if he traded, the boards will melt down.

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2010, 02:42 PM
Untrue. The police or investigative party can deem some evidence not available to the public in case of court case. I'm sure whatever additional evidence they have is from the police dept.

Don't you see? In this case, the Steelers organization and the NFL = the public. They don't have anything we don't have. If they do, they must turn it in or it's obstruction of justice, as was mentioned above.

s0phr0syne
04-21-2010, 02:54 PM
This is a pretty active Steelers board. That place reminds me the Mane last year.

...link missing?

TDmvp
04-21-2010, 02:56 PM
Rothlesburger started out having consentual sex with this women and somehow thinks got out of control and had ended in aggravted-assualt or attempted rape.

You was there ??? Wow you should have stopped the Rapistberger ...

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6334/rapistberger.jpg

Anyone who defends this guy is either stupid , don't know Ben very well or a pos.

Where there is smoke there is fire and Ben has been mistreating women as far back as his college days in Ohio. He is total trash.

BMarsh615
04-21-2010, 03:18 PM
...link missing?

I had the tab open and everything, I can't believe I forgot to post it. :clown:

LRtagger
04-21-2010, 03:20 PM
Goodell said that before acting, he interviewed Roethlisberger on April 13, and talked to current and former players and the players' union. He also reviewed information from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation and Milledgeville police, and talked privately with Georgia district attorney Fred Bright. In addition, Goodell said he listened to recommendations from the quarterback's representatives and took into account information learned by the NFL office regarding the alleged assault.

Not sure if he had access to things the public doesn't, but his private conversation with the DA probably influenced his decision a bit. Especially considering the DA announced in his presser that he felt Ben did do something inappropriate, but there was not enough evidence to convict him in front of a jury.

I think the biggest thing was that he provided alcohol to the 16 year old and encouraged her to drink. That was in the police reports and witness testimonies.

Dagmar
04-21-2010, 03:24 PM

I had the tab open and everything, I can't believe I forgot to post it. :clown:

Dunno, how active can it be, 11 pages? We'd have about 60 by this point...

Los Broncos
04-21-2010, 03:30 PM
They are calling BS over on the boards, I know he's your QB but come on.

Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
They are saying IF Ben does everything he is supposed to, it will get reduced to 4 games at the minimum.

This is TOTAL BS...Racism at it's highest Order. If I am Ben,,I sue the HELL out of Goodell, and the League.

Archer81
04-21-2010, 03:33 PM
One of my favorites...

Might upset the players are everything crowd...

"I would not like it one bit. But I would support the Rooneys if they do trade BB.
I was a Steeler fan long, long before BB's arrival. I will be one when he is gone.
Wether it is today or years from now. http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/tt.gif"

:Broncos:

PS: I hate the ****ing terrible towel.

LRtagger
04-21-2010, 03:58 PM
They are calling BS over on the boards, I know he's your QB but come on.

Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
They are saying IF Ben does everything he is supposed to, it will get reduced to 4 games at the minimum.

This is TOTAL BS...Racism at it's highest Order. If I am Ben,,I sue the HELL out of Goodell, and the League.

Racism LMAO

Baba Booey
04-21-2010, 04:02 PM
He should go to counseling anyway and the suspension shouldn't be reduced at all.

rastaman
04-21-2010, 04:07 PM
One of my favorites...

Might upset the players are everything crowd...

"I would not like it one bit. But I would support the Rooneys if they do trade BB.
I was a Steeler fan long, long before BB's arrival. I will be one when he is gone.
Wether it is today or years from now. http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/smilies/tt.gif"

PS: I hate the ****ing terrible towel.

You may hate the ****ing terrible towel but at least its steep in Steeler tradition.

Speaking of tradition, 96, 97, and 98 seasons during the winning years and SB victories; Terrell Davis established the "Mile High" Salute!, but once TD was injured and eventually retired the salute went with him.

Hillis tried to bring back the tradition of the Mile High Salute when he was starting in 2008, but when he was injured the salute went away as well.

Now that Hillis is gone......so is the Bronco tradition of the Mile High Salute. So far the McD era Broncos HAVE NO TRADITION!!!

LRtagger
04-21-2010, 04:42 PM
Now we are blaming McDaniels for getting rid of the MHS ahahaha

What tradition did we have between TD and Hillis? Getting blown out by the Colts in the playoffs? Aquiring convict RBs? Fielding a ****ty defense? Losing at Arrowhead?

Archer81
04-21-2010, 06:31 PM
You may hate the ****ing terrible towel but at least its steep in Steeler tradition.

Speaking of tradition, 96, 97, and 98 seasons during the winning years and SB victories; Terrell Davis established the "Mile High" Salute!, but once TD was injured and eventually retired the salute went with him.

Hillis tried to bring back the tradition of the Mile High Salute when he was starting in 2008, but when he was injured the salute went away as well.

Now that Hillis is gone......so is the Bronco tradition of the Mile High Salute. So far the McD era Broncos HAVE NO TRADITION!!!

Thank you for this pointless, directionless diatribe on a former Bronco second string fullback.

FYI: Mike Anderson, former Marine. He used the salute ALOT. You might want to check on that, giggles.

Circle Orange
04-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Yes, there's the missing 'tape', the offduty cops shielding the bathroom, their supervisior who resigned and oh yes, took pics with Ben, smiling and laughing (his hero, no doubt!). All the while calling girlfriend names. Cause you know, ain't no problem. It's a guy thing! We all...frat buddies. Even qbs pushing 30 who cram college chicks in bathrooms. Dig it! Big man on campus.

Whatever. Steelers have four national games. Guess who'll be back in time for all of them? Big Bear Rothy...you can hear the sparks from his jewels (lint friction) on night games this year. COOOOOOL...Godell, you da man! Tuff! Jello never looked so tight! :clown:

Sodak
04-21-2010, 06:41 PM

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=51147

TailgateNut
04-22-2010, 06:32 AM
It's your claim...you made it. You prove it.

I would but due to the large amount of daily posts, the search function doesn't list anything before 2010. (only shows the last 500 posts).

You know what the issue was and how you defended the adult who had sex with a child.

Garcia Bronco
04-22-2010, 06:38 AM
I would but due to the large amount of daily posts, the search function doesn't list anything before 2010. (only shows the last 500 posts).

You know what the issue was and how you defended the adult who had sex with a child.

There was no adult that had sex with a child. Your memory isn't so good. Try vitamin b-12.