PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick

HEAV
04-21-2010, 08:50 AM
http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/12583162729

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.

------------

WolfpackGuy
04-21-2010, 08:51 AM

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. At least one team considering it. Story far from done.

------------

WOW

Let me say that backwards.

WOW

bfoflcommish
04-21-2010, 08:51 AM
not worth a top 10

Mr.Meanie
04-21-2010, 08:53 AM

Pittsburgh has begun contacting teams to trade Ben Roethlisberger for a top 10 pick. Raiders considering it so as not to whiff a 3rd straight year on top 10 rookies. Story far from done.

------------

Fixed

LRtagger
04-21-2010, 09:02 AM
I'll be the first to say it.

Wonder if the Rooneys and the Steelers will get the same grief that Bowlen and the Broncos have received.

Chris
04-21-2010, 09:02 AM
I would hate and love to see him on the raiders. He's a POS so he kind of belongs there. It will be that much easier to root against them.

SoDak Bronco
04-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Oakland will prob do it..dirty al would love big ben

TonyR
04-21-2010, 09:04 AM
not worth a top 10

Why not? Much less of a gamble than any of the QB's in the draft this year. We know Roethlisberger can both play and win. He's not without flaws but he's also a damn good NFL QB.

Mr.Meanie
04-21-2010, 09:04 AM

Wonder if the Rooneys and the Steelers will get the same grief that Bowlen and the Broncos have received.

not exactly the same thing...

bfoflcommish
04-21-2010, 09:05 AM
Why not? Much less of a gamble than any of the QB's in the draft this year. We know Roethlisberger can both play and win. He's not without flaws but he's also a damn good NFL QB.

well considering the raiders d isnt the same as pitts d, conisdering the oakland o-line isnt the same as pitts o-line, considering the suspension looming, i guess I am looking at it differently then what he has accomplished

atomicbloke
04-21-2010, 09:05 AM

Benbuger alread has his Super Bowls.

Folks (including me) here believed Cutler's Super Bowls were in the future.

Hence the difference in emotions between the 2 fan bases.

Rohirrim
04-21-2010, 09:07 AM
That #8 pick will probably do the trick.

BTW, is Jamarcus' agent named Bus? I'm just wondering if Jabba won't get all upset to see these trade speculations going on and have his daddy drop off his playbook?

spdirty
04-21-2010, 09:07 AM

No. The Rooneys and Steelers have a track record of winning and championships. McDaniels does not, and Bowlen appears to be a shell of his former self..

spdirty
04-21-2010, 09:09 AM
well considering the raiders d isnt the same as pitts d, conisdering the oakland o-line isnt the same as pitts o-line, considering the suspension looming, i guess I am looking at it differently then what he has accomplished

Pitts o line was one of the worst in the league last year.

bfoflcommish

exactly how did Ben do, compared to years prior when it was decent and above?

Beantown Bronco
I'm just wondering if Jabba won't get all upset to see these trade speculations going on and have his daddy drop off his playbook?

As if he ever brought it home to begin with...

TonyR
04-21-2010, 09:10 AM
...i guess I am looking at it differently then what he has accomplished

Agree that he wouldn't have the same results in Oakland, but you have to admit that he'd ba a massive upgrade for them at the position.

DenverBrit
04-21-2010, 09:10 AM
Jamarcus would eat him like a prime rib.

TheReverend
04-21-2010, 09:12 AM

How the **** can you possibly compare the situations?

baja
04-21-2010, 09:15 AM

Depends who is implementing the suspension the league or the Steelers

bfoflcommish
04-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Depends who is implementing the suspension the league or the Steelers

sounds like league to me

jhns
04-21-2010, 09:16 AM

You don't see the similarity? Serial rape vs upset the coach is trying to trade you... Sound the same to me.

spdirty
04-21-2010, 09:18 AM
exactly how did Ben do, compared to years prior when it was decent and above?

09 http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=PASSING&conference=null&season=2009&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=PASSING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

08 http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2008&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

07 http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2007&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

06 http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticCategory=PASSING&season=2006&seasonType=REG&experience=null&tabSeq=0&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Think all that proves is that it doesnt matter what his o line does, one year he will be a world beater, the next a scrub.

HEAV
04-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Steeler fan is calling local radio with statements like this.

"Move him and draft a rookie"

"Ben's getting older and his concusions are growing"

"We already got rid of Santonio, might as well rebuild and get a younger QB"

"We had enough black eyes, time to clean up the fanchise"

This is fun to listen to on local yokel am sports talk!

cmhargrove
04-21-2010, 09:23 AM
Jamarcus would eat him like a prime rib.

Then hump him in the bathroom...

HEAV
04-21-2010, 09:27 AM
One guy just called in and said Ben's motorcycle wreck( a few years back) damaged his frontal lobe which has caused Ben to not think clearly ...

outdoor_miner
04-21-2010, 09:27 AM

I'm thinking he was referring more to Marshall than Cutler???

GoHAM
04-21-2010, 09:28 AM
He could compare notes with Janikowski on various date rape drugs/techniques.

TailgateNut
04-21-2010, 09:34 AM

------------

:rofl:

That's akin to BM for a top ten pick.

"Would you like to trade someone whos' one breath away from a LONG suspension for your top 10 pick?";D

Kaylore
04-21-2010, 09:36 AM

They're not that bad. They're average but Roethlisberger holds the ball too long and takes a crap load of sacks.

HEAV
04-21-2010, 09:39 AM
:rofl:

"Would you like to trade someone whos' one breath away from a LONG suspension for your top 10 pick?";D

Ya it seems the Steelers FO wants to move him. But they know that his value is so low right now that they hope to drum up interest.

A top 10 selection for a 4 game suspension in 2010 and a history of getting into trouble...

The trading team would have to be very desperate and willing to sell the franchise's soul for Ben.

WolfpackGuy
04-21-2010, 09:40 AM
They're not that bad. They're average but Roethlisberger holds the ball too long and takes a crap load of sacks.

I'm not convinced their line is that bad either

Ben holds the ball and shuffles around a lot.

But I guess they take the good (playground football) with the bad (sacks).

STBumpkin
04-21-2010, 09:49 AM
Ya it seems the Steelers FO wants to move him. But they know that his value is so low right now that they hope to drum up interest.

A top 10 selection for a 4 game suspension in 2010 and a history of getting into trouble...

The trading team would have to be very desperate and willing to sell the franchise's soul for Ben.

Sounds perfect for the Raiders, though not sure what they'd sell, Greasy Al already sold his soul.

ScottXray
04-21-2010, 09:50 AM

Might be able to get someone to buy that for a SWAP of firsts plus a lower second or high third or two going to Pitt. Problem is, who is Pitt after in the top 10, and who needs QB enough to do so? And if Pitt were to bite on something like that, would there be more information that is about to come out, that they might know about, meaning even less value, more suspension time?

Pitt at 18 is in position for Tebow already. I doubt anyone bites on Rapistberger without also receiving value back in the form of Pitts 1st this year.

This isn't Jay Cutler, who despite having some faults, is not in any legal trouble, or facing suspension. Hard to justify putting this guy on your team and then trying to sell tickets.

LRtagger
04-21-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm thinking he was referring more to Marshall than Cutler???

Basically. Cutlet is old news. The organization has still taken plenty of criticism for trading a troubled Marshall. And I have read numerous posts here about how championships are won with talent, not do-gooders.

ColoradoDarin
04-21-2010, 09:53 AM
We can call them the "raipers" when they come to town. oakland would be a good place for Ben though.... both Cal Berkeley and Stanford girls to rape.

Captain 'Dre
04-21-2010, 09:53 AM

Doubt it. Jay Cutler managed to convince many that he'd been terribly wronged, and that can't be the case with Ben "The Smoking Gun Is Holstered in My Jockey Shorts" Roethlisberger. Ha!

Captain 'Dre
04-21-2010, 09:56 AM
One guy just called in and said Ben's motorcycle wreck( a few years back) damaged his frontal lobe which has caused Ben to not think clearly ...

The frontal lobe of his penis? Hilarious!

SpringStein
04-21-2010, 10:04 AM
I could see:

Raiders send #8 and Asomugha to Steelers
for
Big Ben and #18 - and the Raiders hope to get Iupati there.

Play2win
04-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Roth should get the same compensation as Marshal.

No less, no more.

TonyR
04-21-2010, 10:15 AM

I don't know, I personally think a top 10, two time Super Bowl champion QB is worth considerably more than a top 10 WR.

HorseHead
04-21-2010, 10:23 AM
I love it...Football, even in it's off season, is still more compelling then anything else out there..apologies NBA ('Nuggs fans) and Hockey fans, and I do love those sports.

But what leads any sports cast these days? Draft, Big Ben trade rumors, schedule..apologies for the slight hi-jacking of the thread.

kappys
04-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Sounds perfect for the Raiders, though not sure what they'd sell, Greasy Al already sold his soul.

AL loves a vertical passing attack and Ben can definitely deliver

kappys
04-21-2010, 11:29 AM
We can call them the "raipers" when they come to town. oakland would be a good place for Ben though.... both Cal Berkeley and Stanford girls to rape.

Is he into Asians?

Dagmar
04-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Here are teams that Steelers have called about Roethlisberger: Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns.

Here are the known no's on interest in Roethlisberger right now: Rams, Bills. Others might not be, just not known yet.

Rohirrim
04-21-2010, 11:36 AM
Greasy Al is seeing visions of Plunkett about right now.

ScottXray
04-21-2010, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=Dagmar;2813749].

Here are teams that Steelers have called about Roethlisberger: Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns.

Quote:
Here are the known no's on interest in Roethlisberger right now: Rams, Bills. Others might not be, just not known yet. [QUOTE]

I would be surprised to think that they would consider Cleveland, in their own division. However, if they think that a team is going to just give up their own first for Rape-er I think they can kiss the proverbial A**.

Especially now that he has a 6 game suspension handed out. Figure at least 4 games even with good behavior.

Greasy AL is probably salivating over the possibility, but even he won't make a really stupid trade...Maybe he will offer Russell and Oaklands first, so he can unload that contract, but want Pitts first back. Actually Pitt might jump at that....its only money, and they can cut Russell in an uncapped year.

bronco militia
04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Greasy AL is probably salivating over the possibility, but even he won't make a really stupid trade...

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

ScottXray
04-21-2010, 12:32 PM
Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

He doesn't make stupid trades...he does overpay FAs and draftees and make stupid draft choices, causing everyone else to overpay also. The other owners are probably hoping he goes to his final reward before the next CBA is written, cause Al is expensive to everyone.

Wait...he got fleeced by NE last year didn't he?....I take it back. He does make some stupid trades.

bronco militia
04-21-2010, 12:33 PM
wait...he got fleeced by ne last year didn't he?....i take it back. He does make some stupid trades.

lol

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2010, 12:34 PM
He doesn't make stupid trades...he does overpay FAs and draftees and make stupid draft choices, causing everyone else to overpay also. The other owners are probably hoping he goes to his final reward before the next CBA is written, cause Al is expensive to everyone.

Wait...he got fleeced by NE last year didn't he?....I take it back. He does make some stupid trades.

He got fleeced by NE twice in trades. Last year with Seymour AND a few years ago with the Moss trade. A 4th for Moss? Yikes.

HEAV
04-21-2010, 12:55 PM
According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Raiders are in contact with the Steelers about a trade for Ben Roethlisberger.

broncosteven
04-21-2010, 01:00 PM
According to NFL Network's Jason La Canfora, the Raiders are in contact with the Steelers about a trade for Ben Roethlisberger.

That would be better than wasting their 1st round pick on a guy like Heyward-bust.

ShutDownPoster
04-21-2010, 09:49 PM

If he held his ball(s) a little longer then he wouldn't be in this trouble now. :rofl: