PDA

View Full Version : Iupati to the Faiders? Dirty Al wants him

SoDak Bronco
04-21-2010, 06:23 AM
Iupati to Oakland talk picks up steam
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 21, 2010 12:03 AM ET
On Sunday, Florio said that Idaho guard Mike Iupati could crash the elite tackle party at the top of the draft, and possibly get selected in the top ten.

ESPN's Michael Smith, writing on Twitter late Tuesday night, says one team is especially fond of him.

"The Mike Iupati to Oakland @ #8 talk is picking up steam," Smith wrote. "Two league sources who know the Raiders well tell me that's who they're targeting."

It's always difficult to gauge what Al Davis will do, but this sounds just crazy enough to happen. Someone with this great a Mel Kiper impression couldn't be wrong.

RocBronc
04-21-2010, 06:45 AM
Would love this... We need the Faiders to reach for their pick to push more talent down to us...

Broncoman13
04-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Good player if he was going to be used at Guard. Not so good if you're projecting him at LT... especially in the top 10. Okung, Bulaga, Trent Williams, Davis, and Brown all project better at LT.

WolfpackGuy
04-21-2010, 06:52 AM
Why don't the Faid move JaMucus to tackle?

He's only a couple Filet-o-Fishes short of the ideal weight range.

SoDak Bronco
04-21-2010, 06:53 AM
I am still holding out hope for Bruce Cambell, Iupati didn't impress me at the senior bowl, maybe he will be dominate, but he was a holding machine in those practices and game.

Dedhed
04-21-2010, 07:15 AM
Would love this... We need the Faiders to reach for their pick to push more talent down to us...

Iupati may be a reach in the top 10, but you won't like watching Iupati play against the Broncos for the next 10 years.

I'm really hoping they take Bruce Campbell. That would be just as big a reach and be a player who I don't think will amount to much.

dbfan21
04-21-2010, 07:16 AM
Why don't the Faid move JaMucus to tackle?

He's only a couple Filet-o-Fishes short of the ideal weight range.

^5 Hilarious!

cmhargrove
04-21-2010, 07:27 AM
Iupati may be a reach in the top 10, but you won't like watching Iupati play against the Broncos for the next 10 years.

I'm really hoping they take Bruce Campbell. That would be just as big a reach and be a player who I don't think will amount to much.

If they draft him as an OT, it willl be awesome. Just like Gallery (tremendous talent, wrong position) it would end up hurting them.

Watch the Senior Bowl when Iupati was caught holding DT's on simple one on one matchups - then imagine him in open space against Dumervil.

Draft Iupati as a LEFT GUARD and he will be fine. A change of position could take him quite a while to master (if he ever does).

Guess who is already playing left guard? Robert Gallery.

Cosmo
04-21-2010, 07:32 AM
I am still holding out hope for Bruce Cambell, Iupati didn't impress me at the senior bowl, maybe he will be dominate, but he was a holding machine in those practices and game.

They stuck him at RG and Tackle, both are not the position he played in college (LG). He was a fish out of water and it showed, at least to me, that he belongs at LG and don't move him elsewhere. The few times he was at LG at the senior bowl he played fine.

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2010, 08:00 AM

I don't think too many DCs really gameplan around their opponents' left guards, so I find it hard to believe too many fans will be losing sleep over them either.

atomicbloke
04-21-2010, 09:34 AM
Crap, I want Iupati at 11.

Imagine Clady and Iupati battling on our left side of the OL for the next decade. More then 650 pounds of meat opeing up holes for our RB and protecting our QB's blindside. I feel we will be a better team over the next decade for it, if both Clady and Iupati are on the left side of the OL.

Paladin
04-21-2010, 09:37 AM
I don't think too many DCs really gameplan around their opponents' left guards, so I find it hard to believe too many fans will be losing sleep over them either.

Unless you can beat him like a drum, of course........

ScottXray
04-21-2010, 09:45 AM
Crap, I want Iupati at 11.

Imagine Clady and Iupati battling on our left side of the OL for the next decade. More then 650 pounds of meat opeing up holes for our RB and protecting our QB's blindside. I feel we will be a better team over the next decade for it, if both Clady and Iupati are on the left side of the OL.

Love the thread and hope that Raiders take him at 8 so we don't take him with the 11. Don't like Iupati at all before 2rd round, and question it even there.

Taco John
04-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Rohirrim
04-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

I thought TJ would love this idea. :rofl:

broncocalijohn
04-21-2010, 11:56 AM
Iupati runs a fast 40? His verticle game that good? Al wants excitement again at his top picks as his Iowa farm boy hadnt panned out as well as he thought. Raiders will screw this one up as they have been doing recently.

kappys
04-21-2010, 12:15 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Are u kidding me? This seems like a great pick for the Fade - nothing better than flushing your first round pick down the toilet with a L guard. It might outdo the Janikoswki pick, who despite his success, still isn't worth the 1st rounder that was spent on him