PDA

View Full Version : About this new feature called "Rep"

Taco John
01-07-2004, 01:33 PM
You will find a little icon below everybody's avatar: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/reputation.gif

Click on this when you like or dislike someone's post. It will either add or subtract to that person's reputation. You are able to leave a comment about the post, to let the person know why you are giving them or docking them rep.

You will see little green boxes underneath the avatar: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

These are reputation boxes... The more positive rep you have, the more of these green boxes will be displayed... The more negative rep you have, the more red boxes will be displayed.

To see the rep and the comments that people are leaving for you, simply click on the "UserCP" button in the menu bar at the top of the screen... Currently, it is anonymous. I'm not certain that I will keep it anonymous... But I just don't know how to change it right now, so it'll have to remain anonymous until I figure it out.

Rohirrim
01-07-2004, 01:37 PM
How soon before Naptown and Patch enter the red?

Eye Patch
01-07-2004, 01:38 PM
I'm already there bro....

Keep em' coming.

XtremeReaction
01-07-2004, 01:39 PM

Watch it Naptown's from the planet they practice rep ho'ing there........ :pity:

HEAV
01-07-2004, 01:46 PM
Watch it Naptown's from the planet they practice rep ho'ing there........ :pity:

You're limited to one Rep per person per day :gripe: I tried! :laugh:

NaptownChief
01-07-2004, 01:49 PM

You guys should have me there pretty quick. But at least the Red is Chiefs color.

Somebody already tagged me with a "somewhat negative"......I guess I should take that as a somewhat of a compliment.

HEAV
01-07-2004, 01:50 PM
So is being a"Unknown quantity" bad and being on a"distingiushed road" good? Why is mine myname "Heav07" ?

Rohirrim
01-07-2004, 01:50 PM
You're limited to one Rep per person per day :gripe: I tried! :laugh:

That's a shame. :D

NaptownChief
01-07-2004, 01:51 PM
Mock might be the only Denver fan that can possibly hit red status before a Chief or Raider fan.

jhat01
01-07-2004, 01:51 PM
What's up with "the distinguished road" deal?

I guess I'm on the "lonely road of faith"Ha!

Bo
01-07-2004, 01:52 PM
You will find a little icon below everybody's avatar: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/buttons/reputation.gif

Click on this when you like or dislike someone's post. It will either add or subtract to that person's reputation. You are able to leave a comment about the post, to let the person know why you are giving them or docking them rep.

You will see little green boxes underneath the avatar: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

These are reputation boxes... The more positive rep you have, the more of these green boxes will be displayed... The more negative rep you have, the more red boxes will be displayed.

To see the rep and the comments that people are leaving for you, simply click on the "UserCP" button in the menu bar at the top of the screen... Currently, it is anonymous. I'm not certain that I will keep it anonymous... But I just don't know how to change it right now, so it'll have to remain anonymous until I figure it out.

There's a tech site I used to go to that had these red/green dots....A certain amount of red ones led to an auto-banning....Do these work that way?

HEAV
01-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Mock might be the only Denver fan that can possibly hit red status before a Chief or Raider fan.

Ya I tried that too!
:devil:

But I got time! rofl

Taco John
01-07-2004, 02:18 PM
There's a tech site I used to go to that had these red/green dots....A certain amount of red ones led to an auto-banning....Do these work that way?

Not currently... At least to my knowledge... They may someday...

Taco John
01-07-2004, 02:20 PM
Let's not go out and search for people to give good and bad rep to, now...

Let it happen in the natural course of posting... Remember... I'm still presiding over the system, and have been known to penalize pretty harshly when I think people are cheating it.

Rock Chalk
01-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Taco will become famous soon enough.

HEAV
01-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Let's not go out and search for people to give good and bad rep to, now...

Let it happen in the natural course of posting... Remember... I'm still presiding over the system, and have been known to penalize pretty harshly when I think people are cheating it.

Ahhh geeeee dad I was just having fun.................. I'll be good

Maximus
01-07-2004, 03:06 PM
Interesting... Well since I'm a Raider Fan I may as well start the conspiracy theory on this idea... All Raider Fans Reps will be demolished by the end of the off season :)

Spider
01-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Interesting... Well since I'm a Raider Fan I may as well start the conspiracy theory on this idea... All Raider Fans Reps will be demolished by the end of the off season :)
Not true I gave a good rep to a couple of Raider fans ..... But if the raiders start winning . that could be a different story :laugh:

Maximus
01-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Well from the looks of things right now It will be a season or 2 before we really start getting on donk fans nerves again

XtremeReaction
01-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Well from the looks of things right now It will be a season or 2 before we really start getting on donk fans nerves again

Not really you tend to get on peoples nerves no matter what you post........ :wave:

Spider
01-07-2004, 03:16 PM
:wiggle: :wiggle:

Spider
01-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Not really you tend to get on peoples nerves no matter what you post........ :wave:
LOL ...... Brutal

Maximus
01-07-2004, 03:26 PM
Nothing more fun ( or as easy ) than getting on a donk fans nerves. I suppose it must have something to do with the lack of success that your beloved donks have shown recently.

XtremeReaction
01-07-2004, 03:35 PM
Nothing more fun ( or as easy ) than getting on a donk fans nerves. I suppose it must have something to do with the lack of success that your beloved donks have shown recently.

Probably more to do with the lack of substance to your threads....doesnt take a lot of thought to post the donks suck...and other witty comments... :D

Tredici
01-07-2004, 03:42 PM
So if 10-6 is a lack of success, how do we define 4-12?

watermock
01-07-2004, 03:45 PM
I want a black box. Not because I deserve one for being right virtually all the time, but for the honor.

listopencil
01-07-2004, 03:45 PM

Utter Failure?

Total Collapse?

Staggering Futility?

Dismal Crapulence?

Abject Horriblism?

listopencil
01-07-2004, 03:47 PM
I want a black box. Not because I deserve one for being right virtually all the time, but for the honor.

Sounds like you read about that "automatic banning when someone gets too much in the red" option, and know enough about Chiefs Planet that people who disable rep have black boxes.

watermock
01-07-2004, 03:48 PM
I am thinking that tin plated aluminum cans might be a godesnd, but what do I know.

Maximus
01-07-2004, 03:53 PM
Probably more to do with the lack of substance to your threads....doesnt take a lot of thought to post the donks suck...and other witty comments... :D

Not to get too serious here but, You would be hard pressed to find a post where I just posted the Donks Suck. Wrong fan partner!

Rock Chalk
01-07-2004, 03:54 PM
Yeah, Max will throw in somthing else. But you can almost rest assured Donks suck is going to be somewhere in the post.

baja
01-07-2004, 03:54 PM

Commitment to excellence??

Maximus
01-07-2004, 03:55 PM

A bad season and a bad coach

watermock
01-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Maybe plastic.

Hard to say

I was amused by a woman that filled up her Water Dossie for 1.25.

That is fine, but it was about 5 degrees below zero and I would be more concerned my car makes it.

I dunno, maybe the most important thing to do at the quickie mart is to buy a 1.15 16 ounce bottle of water from a ten dollar bill.

I take my stupid dollar water glasses and just fill them off and cap them so my cat doen't go off on them for amusement. Then I give him real water.

He didn't seem to be too upset about the quality of water.

Iowanian
Rep sucks Taco.

It'll turn this place into a Promqueen vote...

Rock Chalk
That bad coach got you to the Superbowl. Gruden never did.

Maximus
01-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Yeah, Max will throw in somthing else. But you can almost rest assured Donks suck is going to be somewhere in the post.
I'm here to tell the truth :) I'm not going to compromise my integrity and tell lies just to appease a few misguided donk fans :laugh: I still dare any of you to find a post of mine where I say the Broncos suck!

baja
01-07-2004, 04:00 PM
That bad coach got you to the Superbowl. Gruden never did.

Trouble is he got there with Gruden's play book.

I wouder did he bother to cover his lips when calling plays in the SB??

Rock Chalk
01-07-2004, 04:01 PM
I'm here to tell the truth :) I'm not going to compromise my integrity and tell lies just to appease a few misguided donk fans :laugh: I still dare any of you to find a post of mine where I say the Broncos suck!

Actually in the last two posts on this thread you say Donks suck and Broncos suck. :P

Maximus
01-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Smart Ass

Rock Chalk
01-07-2004, 04:03 PM
ROFL!

Maximus
01-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Trouble is he got there with Gruden's play book.

I wouder did he bother to cover his lips when calling plays in the SB??

Yeah, and he got fired for changing it amoung other things... Funny everyone seems to forget that Gruden had Trestman helping him to develope that playbook & the playbook never reached it's full potential until Callahan and Trestman unleashed it!

Taco John
01-07-2004, 04:07 PM
Rep sucks Taco.

It'll turn this place into a Promqueen vote...

This time of year, it's snowball princess... Nnyah!

Taco John
01-07-2004, 04:09 PM

I'll Vouch for Max... He's definitely a good 'cat'

:P

Maximus
01-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Thanx TJ... I do try to keep it focused on specifics.

baja
01-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Except he is a she

XtremeReaction
01-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Not to get too serious here but, You would be hard pressed to find a post where I just posted the Donks Suck. Wrong fan partner!

Your right "Donks suck" would be to blatant....you beat around the bush about it but we know what you mean.... :)

Maximus
01-07-2004, 04:15 PM
Except he is a she

Huh...? Who's a She?

Iowanian
01-07-2004, 04:17 PM
This time of year, it's snowball princess... Nnyah!

I'll have to defer that to The Queen Donk fan, who would definitely have more experience snowballing than I.

XtremeReaction
01-07-2004, 04:17 PM
Except he is a she

Thats just not right Baja.....

dbfan4life
01-07-2004, 04:18 PM
Can you have a bad rep if you've only posted 100 times since 4/01 (this is #100!!!)? I think that's the fewest post by anyone who registered at or before then. WHOOOOHOOO!!!!

XtremeReaction
01-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Can you have a bad rep if you've only posted 100 times since 4/01 (this is #100!!!)? I think that's the fewest post by anyone who registered at or before then. WHOOOOHOOO!!!!

well lets see.......yep you can get bad rep........ ;D

Maximus
01-07-2004, 04:21 PM
Your right "Donks suck" would be to blatant....you beat around the bush about it but we know what you mean.... :)

That's the difference between a Troll and myself and other Raider Fans we point out specifics and allow you to draw your own conclusions without using such distasteful Language like sucks etc ;D

XtremeReaction
01-07-2004, 04:22 PM
That's the difference between a Troll and myself and other Raider Fans we point out specifics and allow you to draw your own conclusions without using such distasteful Language like sucks etc ;D

LOL My point exactly.......... rofl

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 05:16 PM
Question: How do you tell who gave you positive/negative rep? Whenever I recieve any, it never shows who sent it.

Taco John
01-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Currently it is anonymous rep... I've not figured out how to make rep so it is visible yet... Apparently that takes some tweaking... It's not currently high on the priority list.

XtremeReaction
01-07-2004, 05:18 PM
Question: How do you tell who gave you positive/negative rep? Whenever I recieve any, it never shows who sent it.

At this point you can't tell......

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Alrighty then, who wants to own up to not liking my sig? Hilarious!

Taco John
01-07-2004, 05:24 PM
I know I don't... It's pointless, and just mean spirited. The guy apologized, and yet you want to rub his face in it for over a month...

...but that's just me. Maybe someone esle finds it clever still...

Rock Chalk
01-07-2004, 05:26 PM
I dont like Eric's lack of Britney in his avatar anymore. that was a staple of the 'Mane. If he dont bring it back I have no reason to read his posts.`

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 05:29 PM
I know I don't... It's pointless, and just mean spirited. The guy apologized, and yet you want to rub his face in it for over a month...

...but that's just me. Maybe someone esle finds it clever still...

I'm sure you're a little ticked because he ran away with his tail between his legs, having not posted since then. Pointless? Hardly, it has served it's purpose.

Rock Chalk
01-07-2004, 05:33 PM
I'm sure you're a little ticked because he ran away with his tail between his legs, having not posted since then. Pointless? Hardly, it has served it's purpose.

He has posted here Eric, like two days ago matter of fact.

Taco John
01-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Nah... I wasn't ticked... The guy said it, and expected that nobody would call him on it. I think he's a good guy, but just like so many passionate fans, he's a hot head.

But you asked.... Not a big fan of your sig... That's all. Thought it was funny for a week.

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Well, I would take advice on a new sig but...you don't look like the guy for that. ;)

listopencil
01-07-2004, 05:48 PM
I can't give any more rep out because I have already given too much out in the last 24 hours. So I'll post it instead, that way you'll know who did it. "Your reputation has been diminished in my eyes because your sig line is stupid. Someone made an off-the-cuff post in anger and you chose to keep it as your sig line for too long of a time. It stopped being funny a long time ago. If the point you were trying to make was that people should be held accountable for everything they type, regardless of the situation-even when it was posted in the midst of a hissy fit-there are many more people on this board for you to take pokes at for this very same thing. It seems to me that you aren't trying to 'call someone out', you merely lack the balls to argue with someone who will fight back." There, do you feel better now AboveAverage?

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 06:00 PM
I'm sorry my sig angers you listo. I really, honestly, could give a **** less that it upsets you. Chow! :)

listopencil
01-07-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm sorry my sig angers you listo. I really, honestly, could give a **** less that it upsets you. Chow! :)

No anger whatsoever. You seemed to be in need of a little attention, so I fed you. You're welcome.

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 06:13 PM
Swing and a miss.

listopencil
01-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Hardly. Keeping someone else's quote as your sig line says it all. Then, keeping it for so long and trying to draw attention to it only re-emphasises the point. Then, trying to tie the rep system into it makes you look fairly pathetic. If it wasn't so sad it would be faintly amusing.

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 06:41 PM
To be honest, I don't keep up with my avatar or sigs on a daily, or even weekly basis. The only reason it was brought up was because I wanted to know who wasn't a fan of it, and gave me bad rep. Maybe if you had the balls to sign your material, we wouldn't have this problem?

Garcia Bronco
01-07-2004, 06:47 PM
Still no names of people applying rep

Taco John
01-07-2004, 06:58 PM
Well, I would take advice on a new sig but...you don't look like the guy for that. ;)

Definitely not... I made a bet that Plummer would have a better passer rating than Trent Green... Lost by 1.4 points...

listopencil
01-07-2004, 07:00 PM
To be honest, I don't keep up with my avatar or sigs on a daily, or even weekly basis. The only reason it was brought up was because I wanted to know who wasn't a fan of it, and gave me bad rep. Maybe if you had the balls to sign your material, we wouldn't have this problem?

Was this directed at me? I'll assume so. First off, I never gave you neg rep for your sig line. I gave out rep last night when TJ first opened the new board. That's why I can't give any more out today. You whined about someone giving you an anonymous critique even though the system doesn't allow people to sign these things. I gave you a critique of your sig line in a way that made sure you knew who was doing it. And you are still whining. You've shown yourself to be a hopeless attention whore on this particular subject, and I have some free time. So keep chundering on in your clueless fashion. This is almost amusing.

listopencil
01-07-2004, 07:02 PM
BTW, there is a "comments" text box available when you give rep to someone. You can explain what you did or did not like about the person's post. I imagine that people could use that to identify themselves if they so choose.

Sassy
01-07-2004, 07:04 PM
How long do you have the sig for TJ?

Taco John
01-07-2004, 07:05 PM
How long do you have the sig for TJ?

Until tomorrow, thank God...

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Whiff!

listopencil
01-07-2004, 07:22 PM
Whiff!

Yep, that's what I thought. You've already blown your wad. Later.

watermock
01-07-2004, 07:22 PM
I WANT the red box.

Hogan11
01-07-2004, 07:26 PM
I WANT the red box.

Shortest vacation on record...Ha!

watermock
01-07-2004, 07:26 PM
what is this criteria to get the red box?

Do I need to call out Louis Farrakan and Michael Jackson?

Give a Nazi a break Taco.

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Yep, that's what I thought. You've already blown your wad. Later.

You really should put me on ignore if I get under you skin that bad listo. You don't hide it very well. :kiss:

jhat01
01-07-2004, 07:29 PM
I took the under. Did I win?

listopencil
01-07-2004, 07:30 PM
I WANT the red box.

I'm trying but it won't let me give you anymore neg rep.

Sassy
01-07-2004, 07:31 PM
Shortest vacation on record...Ha!

!Booya!

Rohirrim
01-07-2004, 07:32 PM
I WANT the red box.

Patience, Mock. It'll come. ;)

watermock
http://www.acmecomedycompany.com/images/attel.jpg

listopencil
You really should put me on ignore if I get under you skin that bad listo. You don't hide it very well. :kiss:

Why would I put you on ignore? You're dumb enough to be faintly amusing on a slow day. Under my skin? Because I posted some comments? What...did I hurt your widdle feelings?

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 07:34 PM
Why would I put you on ignore? You're dumb enough to be faintly amusing on a slow day. Under my skin? Because I posted some comments? What...did I hurt your widdle feelings?

http://www.memorysite.com/Montana/FISHING/Caught_Fish.gif

Another one for the collection.... !Booya!

Meck77
01-07-2004, 07:35 PM
Slightly off topic but it is about rep. Just wanted to share a personal experience I just had with Alec Raneous. Him and I have been like oil and water for months now. We just got off the phone and had a conversation.

We have been bickering/fighting over every damn post. We both said shiat to piss eachother off. Bottom line is we determined we are both Broncos fans and it's ok to disagree. We both actually enjoyed jawing at one another most of the time. However until you speak to someone personally you realize that alot of miscommunication can result of reading between the lines on a message board. I'm pissed now because Alec isn't the asshole I enjoyed smaking with. ;D

I'm sure we will tangle again and I actually hope we do. There is no way in hell everyone can get along but the bottom line is if they are a Bronco it just seems that a certain level of respect should be given upfront until proven otherwise. Even then there just seems to be a better way to confront someone in here other than the way I attacked Alec and vise versa.

Just some food for thought to those that are struggling with this new concept that Taco laid down the other day. There are real Bronco fans on the other side of this screen. As far as the trolls go that is another story. Those people aren't real. They are simply trying to get a rise out of other fans. However, even trolls come around now and again.

Alec your still a fugger. Ha! But I will respect your viewpoints going forward even if I think you are full of shiat which you probably will be. ;D

listopencil
01-07-2004, 07:37 PM

Uh...yeah..once again you've logged onto an internet messageboard and whined about something until someone responded. Then rambled on a bit and exposed your lack of intelligence. Way to go sport! As I said in one of my first posts, you were starved for attention and I fed you. You're welcome.

Rohirrim
01-07-2004, 07:38 PM
I feel all warm and fuzzy.

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 07:38 PM
Uh...yeah..once again you've logged onto an internet messageboard and whined about something until someone responded. Then rambled on a bit and exposed your lack of intelligence. Way to go sport!

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/oliphant/oa048.jpg

Mtbrncofn
01-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Utter Failure?

Total Collapse?

Staggering Futility?

Dismal Crapulence?

Abject Horriblism?

Bwahahahahaaa......I love the dismal crapulence. I may have to use that one on someone. :giggle:

Taco John
01-07-2004, 07:42 PM

It didn't look to me like you caught anything but don't let me stop you from thinking you've gotten over.

listopencil
01-07-2004, 07:43 PM
That's nice, I can play with pictures too:

Spider
01-07-2004, 07:47 PM
Alec your still a fugger. Ha! But I will respect your viewpoints going forward even if I think you are full of shiat which you probably will be. ;D
Well Meck it is good you guys came to an understanding ........ Dont let things get to the Leve lMe and Nigel did a few years ago , it serves no Purpose

Spider
01-07-2004, 07:48 PM
That's nice, I can play with pictures too:
Come on Listo admit it you would hit that :wiggle: :wiggle:

Meck77
01-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Hell even you and I tangled when I was a troll in the Bronco chat years ago when we met. I never thought I would become this internet Bronco junky. I don't think most people join a chat or messageboard with the intent of posting thousands of times. It just happens. Usually they are just a guest or a troll and then they become a real member.

listopencil
01-07-2004, 07:50 PM
Come on Listo admit it you would hit that :wiggle: :wiggle:

Well, I do love a girl in uniform...

Taco John
01-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Plus, that chick is leggy...

Spider
01-07-2004, 07:53 PM
Hell even you and I tangled when I was a troll in the Bronco chat years ago when we met. I never thought I would become this internet Bronco junky. I don't think most people join a chat or messageboard with the intent of posting thousands of times. It just happens. Usually they are just a guest or a troll and then they become a real member.
LOL yeah we sure did , But I am glad we got to know each other better and Become friends ....... LMAO when I first logged on I had no intention of Making Friends on the Net but I am hooked ......... I need a 12 step program :P

listopencil
01-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Ooh baby, she's got a lot of leg...

Spider
01-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Well, I do love a girl in uniform...
LOL .......

Spider
01-07-2004, 07:55 PM
Plus, that chick is leggy...
Leg man hey TJ ? :P

Taco John
01-07-2004, 08:01 PM
Good rep is now orange colored...

I'm a breast man... ;)

Taco John
01-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Bad Rep is now Raider Black...

listopencil
01-07-2004, 08:08 PM

I'll just think of it as "Navy Blue". To keep within the Bronco color scheme.

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 08:11 PM
:redpunch: :redpunch: :redpunch:

Taco John
01-07-2004, 08:11 PM
Ok. This is where I moderate.

If you don't have anything to post about the topic at hand, take it somewhere else... Preferably PMs...

AboveAverage
01-07-2004, 08:18 PM
Thanks, dad.

Rausch
01-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Not currently... At least to my knowledge... They may someday...

Damn......I have no rep here. I'm going to have to be nice to people 'n $#it...... :-/

alkemical
01-07-2004, 09:42 PM
Alec and i hate each other to no end. If we ran into each other in a sunny alley it'd be on... Lots of cursin like sailors.... spittin redman on the sidewalk and stogies lit up and hanging out the side....

Rock Chalk
01-07-2004, 09:54 PM
Alec and i hate each other to no end. If we ran into each other in a sunny alley it'd be on... Lots of cursin like sailors.... spittin redman on the sidewalk and stogies lit up and hanging out the side....

ROFL!

We are going to have so much damn fun in New Orleans, I can tell already.

OrangeDoofus
01-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Good rep is now orange colored...

I think it should be "predominantly orange".

alkemical
01-07-2004, 10:03 PM
alec,

i think you & i have come to this wierd boundry thing - ya know - we both know that we are right and the other is wrong, but somehow we just let the poor schlub wallow in his error :)

Rock Chalk
01-07-2004, 10:11 PM
Josh you are so totally wrong all of the time. Its almost pathetic that I have to correct you at every turn. Yet despite that, i do believe that I will convince you sometime, someway, that I am truly the only one in our conversations that is right.

And I do mean right, both in being correct and politics.

alkemical
01-07-2004, 10:18 PM
heh, i guess two rights do make a left... :)

besides - i'm a libertarian, i'm paranoid of anyone that tells me they are right... or left! :)

you got a pm too dawg

Rock Chalk
01-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Which one of you pricks gave me a bad rep because of me and Meck's argument?

I got ya Josh, you libertarian swine!

alkemical
01-07-2004, 10:33 PM
i didn't vote on your rep yet alec -

listopencil
01-07-2004, 10:39 PM
I'd like to suggest now that everyone put their usernames (or a recognizable abbreviation thereof) in the little comments window that pops up when you give someone rep. Especially neg rep. I'd also like to suggest that anyone who intentionally omits this info lacks balls (or eggs, as the case may be). Lastly, anyone who complains openly in the main forum about getting neg rep from a particular individual is hereby deemed A Whiney Troublemaking Biotch. So let it be written, so let it be done...

Taco John
01-07-2004, 10:41 PM
When are you going to update that stereogram?

Negative rep on the way... I'm tired of looking at that damned planet! ~Popps~

listopencil
01-07-2004, 10:52 PM
Aww, I chose this one because anyone can print it out and it actually works really well on paper. In color or black and white. Try it- it's neat. I look for one about every week or so but haven't seen one that I liked yet. BTW, if you give me neg rep I'll scream like a stuck pig...or a whiney troublemaking biotch...or something.

Taco John
01-07-2004, 11:03 PM
you Know What! There Is No Easter Bunny!

Rock Chalk
01-07-2004, 11:14 PM
I'd like to suggest now that everyone put their usernames (or a recognizable abbreviation thereof) in the little comments window that pops up when you give someone rep. Especially neg rep. I'd also like to suggest that anyone who intentionally omits this info lacks balls (or eggs, as the case may be). Lastly, anyone who complains openly in the main forum about getting neg rep from a particular individual is hereby deemed A Whiney Troublemaking Biotch. So let it be written, so let it be done...

the thing about opinions, everyone has em, they are all full of ****. and listo, you are full of ****.

-Slap-
01-07-2004, 11:40 PM
I'm not sure if I see anything wrong with giving anonymous rep. All of the rep I've given so far has been anonymous and about 95% positive. People might be reluctant to give negative rep to some big mouth (like me) because they think it might cause bad feelings to spill over onto the message board. We all appreciate constructive criticism so readily, don't we?

Unless, we suspect the person leaving said criticism might be a moron. Then it might rankle just a bit.

Rock Chalk
01-07-2004, 11:41 PM
I've left them pretty easy clues to my identity. I mean, it doesnt take a genius to figure out I gave you some rep.

Taco John
01-07-2004, 11:43 PM
That is a direction I am starting to wonder about... I'm not so certain that anonymous rep is a bad thing... That being said, I'm not certain it's a good thing...

This rep thing is an experiment, indeed...

Rock Chalk
01-07-2004, 11:51 PM
I dont care that I got bad rep. Hell I dont even care period anymore. Rep is just a tool for cliques I have decided. Im not putting much more stock into it than that. Leave it anonymous. I like the fact that I get to hint to people I give rep to and make em guess.

listopencil
01-07-2004, 11:54 PM
the thing about opinions, everyone has em, they are all full of ****. and listo, you are full of ****.

I think the actual quote is more along the lines of,"Opinions are like assholes, everbody has one and they are all full of ****." Including yours, Alec. Not that there is anything wrong with that. My eyes are brown for a reason.

Rock Chalk
ROFL! Josh you are crazy. I just saw what you did.

Rock Chalk
I think the actual quote is more along the lines of,"Opinions are like assholes, everbody has one and they are all full of ****." Including yours, Alec. Not that there is anything wrong with that. My eyes are brown for a reason.

Hey, mine are brown too....well really they are green but I have been told they should have been brown ;)

alkemical
01-07-2004, 11:57 PM
alls i know is that everyone on this board loves me and i have no haters, except alec anyway :)

listopencil
01-08-2004, 12:02 AM
Hey, mine are brown too....well really they are green but I have been told they should have been brown ;)

And I didn't even have to use the [sarcasm]text[/sarcamsm] tag. I think we are making real progress here.

watermock
01-08-2004, 04:11 AM
I refuse to accept hero worship.

watermock
01-08-2004, 04:15 AM
Jed Clampet changed his zip code to 90210.

Bronco_Beerslug
01-08-2004, 05:50 AM

If you're gonna collect em get the BIG uns..

watermock
01-08-2004, 05:59 AM
Nice Big Cuthroat Brownie and Beatiful Rainbow.

I can't even fish without catch and release.

Heck, I might even catch and release some Iraqis.

watermock
01-08-2004, 06:07 AM
Heck you can even catch and release women for species preservation.

Blue Heeler
01-08-2004, 06:09 AM

I don't see it on my UserCP? Is that because no one gave me any reps? I am not sure what to look for?

XtremeReaction
01-08-2004, 06:34 AM
I don't see it on my UserCP? Is that because no one gave me any reps? I am not sure what to look for?

Take a look now..... :hooray:

AboveAverage
01-08-2004, 07:08 AM
If you're gonna collect em get the BIG uns..

No joke. This was one of the easier catches though.

Spider
01-08-2004, 07:12 AM
I sign my Name to the Reps I give out , good or Bad ......

AboveAverage
01-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Likewise....

watermock
01-08-2004, 07:37 AM
I see no reason why the Broncos and Vikings won't meet for the Lombardi.

jhat01
01-08-2004, 07:43 AM
I've sent a few. I think I will sign them as well. But it's not something I'm going to do, just to do it. If something blows me away, I'll will give it a positive. If something is absurd, I will give it a negative. I'm not going to do it because I want the poster to like me, or if I think they are "cool" or whatever.

Hogan11
01-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Cue up the Joan Jett....I don't give a damn about my bad reputation...

Really....most of mine has been good and I've been zinged a couple of times as well...what does it matter unless it effects your posting priveleges in some manner?

Want bad rep? Just say Grandmaster P isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread and that Clinton was America's greatest President...then just sit back and watch the little blue dots a pile up Ha! Ha! Ha!

watermock
01-08-2004, 08:45 AM
I distinctly remember Germans afraid to say something that might "offend".

HEAV
01-08-2004, 09:30 AM
TJ,

How long do you have to wait till you can give a person rep? I gave rep yesterday to Spider, and today it say's I have to spread it around before giving Spider more. So what's the time table?

watermock
01-08-2004, 09:34 AM
http://www.acmecomedycompany.com/images/attel.jpg
This long.

Taco John
01-08-2004, 09:37 AM
TJ,

How long do you have to wait till you can give a person rep? I gave rep yesterday to Spider, and today it say's I have to spread it around before giving Spider more. So what's the time table?

You have to spread it around... In other words, you can't just give rep to one guy over and over and over... I believe the setting is at 10 or 15...

watermock
01-08-2004, 09:40 AM
You have to spread it around... In other words, you can't just give rep to one guy over and over and over... I believe the setting is at 10 or 15...

Mock has been given all "rep" determinations for the immediate future.

HEAV
01-08-2004, 09:50 AM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh!

watermock
01-08-2004, 10:07 AM
It's amusing to have them talking about Marty Shottie has credibility.

Gibbs has just as much cred as Spurrier.

I have no clue why they think Gibbs is going to instantly bring in credibility.

38 million for an old coach out of the sport for 11 years.

Go on and fawn about it.

This is just another idiotic move by Snyder totally willing to waste money.

What is funnier is how Spurrier will have total control over draft choices.

Hogan11
01-08-2004, 10:13 AM
You gotta thing for Dave Attell, don't cha Mock?

Too bad you have to wait another 11 or 14 days to gimmie another blue dot Ha!

Taco John
01-08-2004, 10:22 AM
I have no clue why they think Gibbs is going to instantly bring in credibility.

I think the first four words definitely apply if that's your take...

Joe Gibbs brings instant credibility to anything he touches. :super:

Of course, this isn't the Gibbs thread...

jhat01
01-08-2004, 10:52 AM
Forgive me for not looking back on this thread, this question might have been asked and answered before.

How do you know what your rep is, and what has been said?

jhat01
01-08-2004, 10:54 AM
disregard. It was on the first post! Ha!

bendog
01-08-2004, 01:05 PM

I had this problem once in the 80's.

FADERPROOF
01-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Just to let everyone know, if you get a rep that is commented on and after the comment there's a "- DF38", then that's me.

I'm doing it for all reps I give, approve or disapprove, just giving everyone a heads up, even though most will distinguish that DF38 stands for DenFan38 already.

Raider Bill
01-08-2004, 08:00 PM

Why is my shizzle still oranizzle? Somebody throw the whammy on me.

Pick Six
01-08-2004, 08:20 PM
Actually in the last two posts on this thread you say Donks suck and Broncos suck. :P

That's because they are two different things. I know what Bronco fans are...but there's no such thing as "donk fans". Don't be ridiculous! 8')

Garcia Bronco
01-08-2004, 08:30 PM
How much frickin rep do I have to spread around here before I gets mine. :)

Taco John
01-08-2004, 08:48 PM
Something that people should be aware of...

Blue isn't Negative rep... It is Neutral... If someone gives you "blue" rep, it could be with either positive or negative intent... But their rep total isn't enough to affect you yet.

Rock Chalk
01-08-2004, 08:51 PM
I was wondering about that. I got a blue rep and mistook it for a black rep and was like WTF?! Cause teh post didnt seem to have any bad connotation to it at all and was on topic. The caption "tsk tsk". Go figure.

Taco John
01-08-2004, 09:03 PM
Why is my shizzle still oranizzle? Somebody throw the whammy on me.

tsk tsk The proper term is o-gizzle... :woowoo:

Raider Bill
01-08-2004, 09:53 PM
tsk tsk The proper term is o-gizzle... :woowoo:

rofl I couldnt find my Snoop Dog decoder ring......Seriously though TJ I've gotten a boatload of bad reps and "I'm on the distinguished road"? Is that how that should work or shouldn't the little box be black under my Avitar?.......Not busting your stones or anything just wanted to let you know or make you aware that the feature was maybe not functioning properly.

I dont come here to swap spit with you guys, obviously so I wouldn't expect to have a lot of good rep.

Raider Bill
01-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Someone gave me bad rep for a personal attack...then called me a "dingleberry" in their little comment box....ROFL

Rock Chalk
01-09-2004, 07:54 PM
Hahahaha!

I just got bad rep on my post with the pic of my gun collection with the comment "ban firearms!"

Whatever floats your boat.

Im kinda enjoying the rep feature now.

Meck77
01-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Hilarious! I somehow managed to get an anonomous rep point from my post on Mock's thread "Consentual Sex". Their comment that came with the rep was.......

"I would offer my services as witness to lesbian entanglements"

LOL
You mean like this?

I have an idea who it was but not really sure....LMFAO!!!

Mtbrncofn
01-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Someone gave me bad rep for a personal attack...then called me a "dingleberry" in their little comment box....ROFL

Bwahaahhahahaaaa!!! ROFL!

listopencil
01-09-2004, 09:40 PM
Hilarious! I somehow managed to get an anonomous rep point from my post on Mock's thread "Consentual Sex". Their comment that came with the rep was.......

"I would offer my services as witness to lesbian entanglements"

LOL
You mean like this?

I have an idea who it was but not really sure....LMFAO!!!

Aww, damn. That was me- I've been trying to remember to put my user name on all of my rep's.

listopencil
01-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Hahahaha!

I just got bad rep on my post with the pic of my gun collection with the comment "ban firearms!"

Whatever floats your boat.

Im kinda enjoying the rep feature now.

Definitely not me!!! But I enjoyed it over at The Planet and thought it would be fun here too. I didn't anticipate that it would be anonymous. I think it's more fun when you can see who's doing it.

Meck77
01-09-2004, 09:45 PM
That seriously cracked me up. I know the little smiley things are over used but I laughed my freakin ass off on that one.

Thx

Rock Chalk
01-09-2004, 09:47 PM
I kinda like it anonymous. People leave rather innane remarks or rather humorous remarks. For the most part I know who is giving me rep, but not always and those are the more intriguing ones I think.

Taco John
01-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Definitely not me!!! But I enjoyed it over at The Planet and thought it would be fun here too. I didn't anticipate that it would be anonymous. I think it's more fun when you can see who's doing it.

I didn't anticipate it being anonymous either, but I can't find a damned setting for it (there are like a bajillion settings for me now ;D), so I figured I'd give it a run anonymous and see how it works out...

orange 4 life
01-12-2004, 02:44 PM
okay, maybe im slow, but i still cant figure out how many points it takes to move up in the world.

ive noticed that everyone currently has one orange dot, but with everyone playing with the new feature, shouldnt someone have moved up?

just wondering.

Bo
01-12-2004, 02:46 PM
okay, maybe im slow, but i still cant figure out how many points it takes to move up in the world.

ive noticed that everyone currently has one orange dot, but with everyone playing with the new feature, shouldnt someone have moved up?

just wondering.

Hover your mouse on different peeps dots......There are different messages....

alkemical
01-12-2004, 03:12 PM
i'm on the disguished road

Bo
01-12-2004, 03:19 PM

just wondering.

Just noticed Patswin has two dots........Guess we do get more......

Rock Chalk
01-12-2004, 03:21 PM
Patswin is the leading rep getter here.

I like the guy and all, but how the in holy hell does a PATRIOTS fan get more rep than Brocnos fans?

Taco John
01-12-2004, 03:22 PM
Positive Rep levels:

0 - User really doesn't have much rep right now
10 - User is on a distinguished road
50 - User will become famous soon enough
150 - User has a spectacular aura about
300 - User is a jewel in the rough
500 - User is just really nice
800 - User is a glorious beacon of light
1000 - User is a name known to all
2000 - User is a splendid one to behold
3000 - User has much to be proud of
4000 - User has a brilliant future
5000 - User has a reputation beyond repute

That's how I currently have them set... I'll likley change the little tags... Not certain to what... Any ideas?

Rock Chalk
01-12-2004, 03:24 PM
At what stage do you get dots?

Im hovering somewhere around the 70s I think.

Also I noticed you dont get as much rep from the same user after the first time they give you rep. I like that idea. It helps keep the repetitive repping bonus down.

alkemical
01-12-2004, 03:25 PM
Heh, i must do something wrong, no one gives me rep! I only have 22!

Bo
01-12-2004, 03:26 PM
At what stage do you get dots?

Im hovering somewhere around the 70s I think.

Also I noticed you dont get as much rep from the same user after the first time they give you rep. I like that idea. It helps keep the repetitive repping bonus down.

Yeah good question......I noticed while Patswin has 2 dots his tag still reads User will become famous soon enough.....

Bo
01-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Heh, i must do something wrong, no one gives me rep! I only have 22!

You have more now....... :wave:

alkemical
01-12-2004, 03:32 PM
LOL i don't want no pity votes!

Fockers!

:)

Taco John
01-12-2004, 03:34 PM
I can't believe I'm being beat out by a Pats fan!

LOL

Bo
01-12-2004, 03:39 PM
LOL i don't want no pity votes!

Fockers!

:)

OK.......Give it back..... :wiggle:

baja
01-12-2004, 03:39 PM
I can't give rep i click and bounce to the top of the page the new window does not open any more

also HTML is off away from the main board

orange 4 life
01-12-2004, 03:45 PM
wow, i got negative rep from someone for "liking chef fan tx"

...whatever that means!!

of course no name behind the statement.

...and like a couple others, im still wondering how many points it takes to get more dots. anyone?

jake

watermock
01-12-2004, 03:46 PM
i'm on the disguished road

I'm on the highway to Hell. Duh Duh Duh....

http://www.cell2000.net/~users/Ryan/MUSCLES.JPG

Rock Chalk
01-12-2004, 03:46 PM
I checked those in the negative.

Someone gave Disco Man negative rep!

Other than that, its a long list of KC trolls.

watermock
01-12-2004, 03:50 PM
Just for your amusement because B and B are so hard to find:

http://www.cell2000.net/~users/Ryan/BBOSCARS.GIF

Dean and Gephardt arguing if unemployment numbers will bring the end of the world.

baja
01-12-2004, 03:51 PM
I checked those in the negative.

Someone gave Disco Man negative rep!

Other than that, its a long list of KC trolls.

How do you do that Alec?

Rock Chalk
01-12-2004, 03:55 PM
go to Members.

click on "Reputation" column.

It sorts from highest to lowest by default.

There is a little downwards pointing arrow when you click on Reputation. Click that.

It will sort from lowest to highest then.

watermock
http://www.cell2000.net/~users/Ryan/ANDROIDS.JPG

B&B planning their comeback in Terminator IV

Pezman
Baja click on the members list (huh huh I said memeber... (damn you mock! ;) )
then click on the rep and go to the last page... I see ol Heinzy is leading the pack.. Who'd have thunk it?

Raider Bill
01-12-2004, 03:56 PM
It says I have 17 rep points putting me on the distinguished road yet most of them are black? If you net them all out I should have like minus 12

Raider Bill
01-12-2004, 03:57 PM
I think it just adds up reps no matter if they're good or bad?....or I'm just a dumbass who doesnt understand this feature.

Pezman
01-12-2004, 03:58 PM
NJ you will never be in the black if I keep giving you positive votes ;) Bwahaha

You have too much insight to be "bluelisted"

Hey is it blue dots or black?

Rock Chalk
01-12-2004, 03:59 PM
I think you get varied rep points njbil.

For instance. If someone with a high rep gives you rep (good or bad) it is worth more than someone that gives you rep that has a lower rep.

Likewise, if someone gives you rep repeatedly, the amount of rep goes down with each consecutive rep.

I would imagine some of the higher reps have given you good rep and the lower reps have repeatedly given you bad rep.

I dont know fi that is how it works, but thats what it seems like to me.

Rock Chalk
01-12-2004, 04:00 PM
Blue dots are rep points (either good or bad) from someone that doesn't yet have enough rep to affect your rep score.

Black dots are negative rep.

Orange dots are positive rep.

alkemical
01-12-2004, 04:02 PM
OK.......Give it back..... :wiggle:

lol, :devil:

Raider Bill
01-12-2004, 04:04 PM

For instance. If someone with a high rep gives you rep (good or bad) it is worth more than someone that gives you rep that has a lower rep.

Likewise, if someone gives you rep repeatedly, the amount of rep goes down with each consecutive rep.

I would imagine some of the higher reps have given you good rep and the lower reps have repeatedly given you bad rep.

That makes sense to me. I'm just annoying enough to hover around zero.

Raider Bill
01-12-2004, 04:06 PM
That "Bud light presents" Mr. KC Chiefs fan thing was just too friggin funny not to post, even if the consequences were good rep from Donx fans.

Taco John
01-12-2004, 04:07 PM
I think it just adds up reps no matter if they're good or bad?....or I'm just a dumbass who doesnt understand this feature.

Rep is weighted... The more good rep a person has, the bigger 'rep stick' they weild...

And blue rep is neutral...

Pezman
01-12-2004, 04:08 PM
True NJ that was friggin hilarious

Rock Chalk
01-12-2004, 04:33 PM
Rep is weighted... The more good rep a person has, the bigger 'rep stick' they weild...

And blue rep is neutral...

Originally posted by AlecRaenos

Damn Im brilliant!

Raider Bill
01-12-2004, 04:42 PM
Well how do ya like them apples....

Rock Chalk
01-16-2004, 12:03 PM
Positive Rep levels:

0 - User really doesn't have much rep right now
10 - User is on a distinguished road
50 - User will become famous soon enough
150 - User has a spectacular aura about
300 - User is a jewel in the rough
500 - User is just really nice
800 - User is a glorious beacon of light
1000 - User is a name known to all
2000 - User is a splendid one to behold
3000 - User has much to be proud of
4000 - User has a brilliant future
5000 - User has a reputation beyond repute

That's how I currently have them set... I'll likley change the little tags... Not certain to what... Any ideas?

The 500 tag definately needs to be changed. I am going to eventually get there and I am not really that nice. The jump from 500 to 800 is 300 points and then from 800 to 1000 is only 200 points, that's a little off. Other than that though I like the tags and the amounts.

Blueflame
09-28-2004, 08:47 PM
bump

Rascal
09-29-2004, 08:46 AM
why was this bumped?

Blueflame
09-29-2004, 09:39 AM
why was this bumped?

Some posters had questions about rep, so I bumped the thread to the top so the information was easy to find. :)

Rascal
09-29-2004, 12:36 PM
oh just curious

Garcia Bronco
09-30-2004, 09:08 AM
I can't see who rep'ed me anymore. Bummer

Taco John
10-05-2004, 10:02 PM
That should be fixed... Let me know if it isn't... When I made you a SuperMod, one of the settings switched off...

watermock
10-10-2004, 09:34 PM
someone neg rep me so I know I am alive.

Odysseus
01-11-2005, 03:49 PM
A bad season and a bad coach

Bad running backs...bad management...bad attitudes....bad parking lot... bad stadium...bad city...bad state....

F**kOakland
04-06-2005, 06:04 PM

it ain't easy being black and silver!! ugh!~

i4jelway7
04-07-2005, 05:20 AM
how worthless and pointless.. rep that!

bendog
04-12-2005, 06:46 AM
While the Chargers suck, I really like clicking on that ad for the new Dodge Charger. I wonder what it's mpg will be. I read that the thing idled on only 4 of its 8 cyl. LOL

RAY SCHWING
05-08-2005, 06:04 PM
Utter Failure?

Total Collapse?

Staggering Futility?

Dismal Crapulence?

Abject Horriblism?

cbs1177
05-08-2005, 10:13 PM
ughhh since 10 percent of all males can't see red and green well like my self i assume every one has the same color; please Taco John have mercy on us few and make it blue and black or something other then red and green.

BRONCCRUSHFAN
05-08-2005, 10:23 PM
LOL Way too funny