PDA

View Full Version : Carriker to Redskins

Killericon
04-20-2010, 02:29 PM
Rams trade former first-round pick Adam Carriker to Redskins‎. (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/04/rams-trade-former-first-round-pick-adam-carriker-to-redskins/1)

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/127/carriker.png (http://img682.imageshack.us/i/carriker.png/)

cmhargrove
04-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Man, people around here wanted Carriker really bad a couple years ago. How the mighty have fallen.

How about we offer Shanny Jarvis Moss for Carriker?

TheReverend
04-20-2010, 02:34 PM
And they got him DIRT cheap... swapping 5ths and 7ths? lol

Mike strikes again. He needs to register as a sex offender because he simply rapes people in trades.

TonyR
04-20-2010, 02:36 PM
Shanny once again hoping for a miracle from a more than likely washed up football player. Maybe it will happen this time, but probably not. But low risk since they didn't give much up.

Carriker started all 16 games as a rookie after the Rams chose him in the first round of the 2007 draft, but he started only nine games in 2008 and missed the entire 2009 season after suffering a serious shoulder injury.

Broncoman13
04-20-2010, 02:43 PM
He's a perfect fit for the 3-4... I was hoping we would deal for him and even suggested it a few weeks ago. Oh well, Shanny strikes again. Good trade for him.

Beantown Bronco
04-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Shanny has yet to meet a first round underachieving DLineman he didn't love. Where's Jimmy Kennedy these days?

s0phr0syne
04-20-2010, 02:45 PM
Shanny has yet to meet a first round underachieving DLineman he didn't love. Where's Jimmy Kennedy these days?

Achieving pretty well as part of the rotation in Minnesota.

Dos Rios
04-20-2010, 02:45 PM

He owns a taco stand down by the beach with Courtney Brown.

TheDave
04-20-2010, 02:50 PM
Major reclamation project... typical shanny move, but he gave up next to nothing.

bpc
04-20-2010, 02:50 PM
I've never saw a problem with Shanahan dealing for vet DL members. Especially if it's on the cheap. Gerard Warren and Courtney Brown were huge factors in winning 13 games in 05' and going to the AFC Championship game.

This is also a precursor to them moving Haynesworth IMO.

Good move by Shanahan.

Ray Finkle
04-20-2010, 02:55 PM
this thread is about 10 post too many dedicated to this turd...

Triplelefthook
04-20-2010, 02:57 PM
Does anyone know why the Rams decided to bulk Carriker up and move him to DT?

DBroncos4life
04-20-2010, 03:01 PM
This is more because of Jim Haslett IMO.

Br0nc0Buster
04-20-2010, 03:03 PM
I would of taken a shot at him for that price

No idea why the Rams tried to make him a NT, but then again I guess its why they are the Rams

eddie mac
04-20-2010, 03:04 PM

Mike strikes again. He needs to register as a sex offender because he simply rapes people in trades.

Hardly Rev. Since the Holmes trade it just goes to show the value of average players such as Sims, Scheffler etc. Marshall going for 2 2nds is because he's a top 5 player.

DBroncos4life
04-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Does anyone know why the Rams decided to bulk Carriker up and move him to DT?

He did it himself. He played college at 276, but bulked up to 290 for the combine. Same thing Courtney Brown did IMO. At least Carriker just has shoulder issues. Most people think he was better suited for the 5 tech 3-4 because of his size.

broncosteven
04-20-2010, 03:07 PM
I've never saw a problem with Shanahan dealing for vet DL members. Especially if it's on the cheap. Gerard Warren and Courtney Brown were huge factors in winning 13 games in 05' and going to the AFC Championship game.

Good move by Shanahan.

Brown played well for us when he was healthy.

People forget the Jumpy Geathers and Alfred Williams finds but want to remember Rice and guys like that dude who played DE with the Cowboys whos name escapes me now.

DBroncos4life
04-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Brown played well for us when he was healthy.

People forget the Jumpy Geathers and Alfred Williams finds but want to remember Rice and guys like that dude who played DE with the Cowboys whos name escapes me now.

Leon Lett

Archer81
04-20-2010, 03:10 PM
For every Alfred Williams there is a Lional Dalton or Daryl Gardener or Simeon Rice.

:Broncos:

DBroncos4life
04-20-2010, 03:13 PM
For every Alfred Williams there is a Lional Dalton or Daryl Gardener or Simeon Rice.

What about Neil Smith, Bert Berry and Jumpy Geathers?

Killericon
04-20-2010, 03:14 PM
Hardly Rev. Since the Holmes trade it just goes to show the value of average players such as Sims, Scheffler etc. Marshall going for 2 2nds is because he's a top 5 player.

If this offseason has taught us anything, it's that Xanders got us a great deal for Cutler.

Archer81
04-20-2010, 03:15 PM
What about Neil Smith, Bert Berry and Jumpy Geathers?

Michael Dean Perry, Jarvis Moss, Sam Adams.

DBroncos4life
04-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Michael Dean Perry, Jarvis Moss, Sam Adams.

Why is Moss in there he isn't a FA pick up. Michael Dean Perry was pretty good for us the first season here. 33 tackles 6 sacks.

Steve Sewell
04-20-2010, 03:21 PM
Why is Moss in there he isn't a FA pick up. Michael Dean Perry was pretty good for us the first season here. 33 tackles 6 sacks.

Except when he dogged it to the sidelines once.

Archer81
04-20-2010, 03:24 PM

Josh Mallard. Mario Fatefahi. John Engleberger. Demetrin Veal.

DBroncos4life
04-20-2010, 03:25 PM
Except when he dogged it to the sidelines once.

That sucked but I don't think that was in in 1995. That was the following year. Still Perry was voted second team all conference in 1995 and 1996 while he was playing for us. That is hardly a ****ty pick up. The only reason he is viewed that was is because of that one play that cost us the playoff game. Trust me I hate the guy because of it, but he wasn't as bad as people make him out to be. Hell he went to the Pro Bowl in 1996 for us.

TheReverend
04-20-2010, 03:26 PM

lolwut?

They only drop 20 slots in the 5th and 15 in the 7th without surrendering any picks. It's like getting a targeted player for damn near no cost.

Archer81
04-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Chester McGlockton and Kavika Pittman.

This is a depressing list.

DBroncos4life
04-20-2010, 03:29 PM

Maa Tanuvasa

Archer81
04-20-2010, 03:31 PM
Maa Tanuvasa

Actually he did pretty good. But he was a starter...we had a long line of backups starting on the defensive line for us for nearly 10 years...and the few quality starters we had we let go. (Berry, Pryce, Heyward)...

DBroncos4life
04-20-2010, 03:35 PM
Actually he did pretty good. But he was a starter...we had a long line of backups starting on the defensive line for us for nearly 10 years...and the few quality starters we had we let go. (Berry, Pryce, Heyward)...

Keith Traylor was a good one as well.

Archer81
04-20-2010, 03:37 PM

Yup. Neil Smith, Keith Traylor, Maa Tanuvasa and Alfred Williams. Good mix of size and pass rush.

That Denver could not duplicate since 2000.

oubronco
04-20-2010, 03:40 PM
Man, people around here wanted Carriker really bad a couple years ago. How the mighty have fallen.

How about we offer Shanny Jarvis Moss for Carriker?

Do it in a heartbeat

DBroncos4life
04-20-2010, 03:41 PM

We went 11-5 in 2000 with the help of Kavika Pittman and his 7 sacks. He was 2nd on the team that year.

Archer81
04-20-2010, 03:44 PM
We went 11-5 in 2000 with the help of Kavika Pittman and his 7 sacks.

Which he followed up the next two seasons with 1 and 0 sacks.

Great production from a starting DE.

cutthemdown
04-20-2010, 03:44 PM

We should offer him Moss for some low round pick then and let him rape us.

Killericon
04-20-2010, 03:45 PM
Who was that DT e had for a while? The one with lots of sketchy stuff in his past, really big, big FA money, cut pretty quickly...Jesus, my brain is stuck!

Archer81
04-20-2010, 03:46 PM
Who was that DT e had for a while? The one with lots of sketchy stuff in his past, really big, big FA money, cut pretty quickly...Jesus, my brain is stuck!

Daryl "IHOP" Gardner?

DBroncos4life
04-20-2010, 03:54 PM
Which he followed up the next two seasons with 1 and 0 sacks.

Great production from a starting DE.

Clearly it isn't. What I am saying is he came in here played well enough the first season to give us hope that we found a good player. It wasn't the case at all. Still he did help get us to the playoffs one season. Guys like I Hop and Dalton didn't even do that.

Killericon
04-20-2010, 03:58 PM
Daryl "IHOP" Gardner?

Hell yeah!

eddie mac
04-20-2010, 04:18 PM
lolwut?

They only drop 20 slots in the 5th and 15 in the 7th without surrendering any picks. It's like getting a targeted player for damn near no cost.

I get what you're saying but every Ram fan will tell you this guy is a superbust and not only that and injury riddled superbust.

Kaylore
04-20-2010, 04:33 PM

Usually in trades he does. However if this guy washes out then there will be no raping done.

TheReverend
04-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Usually in trades he does. However if this guy washes out then there will be no raping done.

I get what you're saying but every Ram fan will tell you this guy is a superbust and not only that and injury riddled superbust.

I get where both of you guys are coming from, but I think you can make a pretty damn good parallel between this and our own trade for Brady Quinn. In both trades, nothing of real value was given up (though Denver did surrender actual picks, but Quinn is at a premium position, so wash, imo) for possibly strengthening your football team, whether it be depth or potentially an impact starter.

I consider each rapings.

LordHelmchen
04-20-2010, 05:28 PM

Lester Archambeau !Booya!

TotallyScrewed
04-20-2010, 05:53 PM
Clearly it isn't. What I am saying is he came in here played well enough the first season to give us hope that we found a good player. It wasn't the case at all. Still he did help get us to the playoffs one season. Guys like I Hop and Dalton didn't even do that.

Even getting a guy to perform for one season is pretty good although it can be a double-edged sword for the following year(s). The fact of the matter is fans didn't bitch when the player did well but were vocal enough only later when looking in the rear view mirror...as usual.

I think Shanny more than paid for IHOP.

TotallyScrewed
04-20-2010, 05:56 PM
I get where both of you guys are coming from, but I think you can make a pretty damn good parallel between this and our own trade for Brady Quinn. In both trades, nothing of real value was given up (though Denver did surrender actual picks, but Quinn is at a premium position, so wash, imo) for possibly strengthening your football team, whether it be depth or potentially an impact starter.

I consider each rapings.

I agree. What's to lose? versus What's to gain?

Possible rapings.

Rohirrim
04-20-2010, 05:59 PM
Daryl "IHOP" Gardner?

The Original Bench Turd

backup qb
04-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Harold Hasselbach. Nice role player for us.

gyldenlove
04-20-2010, 07:58 PM
It is tricky with players like that, obviously a lot was expected in St Louis and they do have an all time ****ty defense there and a revolving door instead of a coach, maybe a change of scenery and less pressure will help him become a decent rotation player.

broncosteven
04-20-2010, 09:15 PM

I think our Dline has never recovered since we let Keith walk. He made all the lines he was on better.

broncosteven
04-20-2010, 09:16 PM

Weren't those guy Street FA's? either UDFA or out of the NFL for a year before Shanny inserted them into starting line.

Archer81
04-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Weren't those guy Street FA's? either UDFA or out of the NFL for a year before Shanny inserted them into starting line.

Yup. Expected to be a fully effective defensive line when we have a 270 lb DT in Josh Mallard...good God...we were all so blind then...

montrose
04-20-2010, 09:40 PM
lol

Caveat Lector
04-20-2010, 10:05 PM
Gerard Warren was solid enough in spurts. The only thing to consider is that we gave up a 4th rounder to get him. Apparently that buys you stud WRs, CBs and LBs these days...

BroncoInferno
04-20-2010, 11:09 PM

Well, he didn't give up much, but considering Carriker is major bust I'd hardly call it a raping. The dude has 2 sacks in his career and didn't play at all last season. Typical Shanny move to take on a reclamation project, but I doubt he gets anything out of this guy. This is the sort of move Shanny would make in Denver so he'd have an excuse not to take a DL high in the draft. The only time it worked was the one season in 2005 with the Browncos.

ShutDownPoster
04-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Daryl "IHOP" Gardner?

Yes the guy who called Shanny 'The Little Man Upstairs' :rofl:

elsid13
04-21-2010, 03:34 AM
Well, he didn't give up much, but considering Carriker is major bust I'd hardly call it a raping. The dude has 2 sacks in his career and didn't play at all last season. Typical Shanny move to take on a reclamation project, but I doubt he gets anything out of this guy. This is the sort of move Shanny would make in Denver so he'd have an excuse not to take a DL high in the draft. The only time it worked was the one season in 2005 with the Browncos.

This is more of Shanahan supporting and trusting his defense coordinator - Jim Hasslet. Hasslet was the one that pushing to get him.

colonelbeef
04-21-2010, 04:54 AM
This is more of Shanahan supporting and trusting his defense coordinator - Jim Hasslet. Hasslet was the one that pushing to get him.

Exactly. It's a move with little risk and huge upside.

A good friend of mine is a redskin fan, and is extremely happy with the way Shanahan has gone about this offseason. The coaching staff he has put together is top notch, and adding McNabb was a brilliant move.

gunns
04-21-2010, 06:48 AM

Good move by Shanahan.

Huge factors? OMG, is this when we began to settle for whatever inconsistent garbage we could find, if they had a good game here or there? Browncos was the biggest Shanahan faux paus of all. Warren and Brown didn't do crap for us. Since when do we settle for a combined 7 sacks and 56 tackles over two years from two players? We must be the happiest fans in all the land going 8-8. Why because it's better than the Raiders and Chiefs? My what a new low we have sunk to.

Mr.Meanie
04-21-2010, 08:40 AM

I consider each rapings.

This nails it.