PDA

View Full Version : 4-19 NFL Network sits down with Josh McDaniels

montrose
04-19-2010, 11:42 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d817a0aa7/McDaniels-sitdown

montrose
04-19-2010, 11:57 PM
On Marshall trade: Broncos decided they werent going to make a long-term investment. Regardless of what people may think, has a good relationship with Marshall and wishes him the best. Thinks Marshall will do well in Miami, happy for him.

On star players buying into team-first mentality: Has worked with Dawkins, Bailey, Dumervil, Brady, Moss, Welker, etc. who have been considered elite players. It's about having a common goal and creating a locker room with players working towards that. When you have to spend so much time worrying about one players desires over others, it doesn't pay off in the end. Distractions are something that limit your ability to focus on football and winning games. We want to get to the playoffs and compete for championships, that starts with getting the right people and those changes aren't easy to accept sometimes.

On what he would say to a diehard Bronco fan that sees their QB and WR traded: Understand fans have their favorites and Marshall and Cutler were among them. This is about trying to build a team they can enjoy. Teams win championships, teams compete for championships, individuals dont.

On the current locker room: Very excited about the leadership and blend in the locker room, need to add to it in the draft.

On the draft: It's a deep draft. Going to find a player that fits the team, not sure if offense or defense. Could move up or move back. Should be a lot of opportunities, very excited about having the flexiblity of having two 2nd round picks.

On moving up: Would expect their to be conversations between the 1st and 2nd rounds because of the night, afternoon and morning. Makes think more about moving around, we have the opportunity to a team that could move up.

Los Broncos
04-20-2010, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the breakdown since I cant watch the video.

maher_tyler
04-20-2010, 12:31 AM
I get the feeling this team is headed in the right direction!

spdirty
04-20-2010, 12:43 AM
oh boy!

watermock
04-20-2010, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE][Teams win championships, teams compete for championships, individuals dont.

On the current locker room: Very excited about the leadership and blend in the locker room, need to add to it in the draft.

On the draft: It's a deep draft. Going to find a player that fits the team, not sure if offense or defense. Could move up or move back. Should be a lot of opportunities, very excited about having the flexiblity of having two 2nd round picks.

On moving up: Would expect their to be conversations between the 1st and 2nd rounds because of the night, afternoon and morning. Makes think more about moving around, we have the opportunity to a team that could move up./QUOTE]

There you go.

He moved up in a weaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak draft, and will move down in a strong one.

Kaylore
04-20-2010, 01:00 AM
Moving up in weak draft is smart. Moving down in a strong one is smarter. He hasn't done anything yet so I don't get why you're bent out of shape, mock.

KevinJames
04-20-2010, 01:34 AM
I think that about sums it up one more year and we will be considered competitors

I would take that but I do hope we can sneak into the playoffs this year even if its a first round knock out its always good to get that first playoff appearance in.

I believe McDaniels is taking the right approach to building a team, most team's fans would love to have an owner that will give a coach time to build a roster with everyone pulling in the same direction especially a roster with such a blend on young and veteran talent, if we can build the OL to be a powerful run blocking line I think we can open up some eyes this year.

watermock
04-20-2010, 01:45 AM
Moving up in weak draft is smart. Moving down in a strong one is smarter. He hasn't done anything yet so I don't get why you're bent out of shape, mock.

Dumbass.

The Joker
04-20-2010, 01:54 AM
http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/hunter.gif

Dexter
04-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Dumbass.

Well thought out response.::)

Popps
04-20-2010, 02:24 AM

http://static.zooomr.com/images/2467703_dd5f1d44bb.jpg

watermock
04-20-2010, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by Kaylore

He allready moved arounnd lile a weasel last year and ****ed up.

Moving up ina weak draft is STUPID.

God.

Are you retarded?

eddie mac
04-20-2010, 03:19 AM
Originally Posted by Kaylore

God.

Are you retarded?

You looking in the mirror again Mock.

watermock
04-20-2010, 04:08 AM
http://static.zooomr.com/images/2467703_dd5f1d44bb.jpg

How amusing.

watermock
04-20-2010, 04:19 AM

wow.

Dumb and Dumber

OBF1
04-20-2010, 04:19 AM
The village Idiot has spoken... Long live Mock

watermock
04-20-2010, 04:24 AM
Just wait till thursday.

ZONA
04-20-2010, 04:36 AM
Let's explain drafting 101 to Mock.

Weak Draft: A weak draft simply means there is not that many players expected to be impact players in the NFL. More then likely, not many of the players picked in the mid to late rounds will make NFL rosters, or won't be in the NFL long. Moving up in the draft is smart. Dealing your later round picks to move higher up at a chance of one of the players who is projected to have a better chance at being an impact player.

Strong Draft: A strong draft simply means there are many good players available and the fall off in talent/upside isn't quite as severe as you get to the middle to late rounds as in a weak draft. Moving down is a smart move because you can usually find a player close to the same talent level as a player who might have been picked several spots (or even rounds) ahead of him, and you accumulate more picks, giving your team better odds to find more good players.

So - what's your take Mock? Try and move down in a weak draft, not giving yourself a chance at the better players since there are fewer of them, but getting more picks so you can get more scrubs, which won't be on the team in 2 years time? Or move up in a strong draft, giving up your precious picks in which no doubt there will be good players still left there, who probably are not that far behind in talent to the guy you moved up for.

Dude, cmon.

robbieopperude
04-20-2010, 04:40 AM
I think that about sums it up one more year and we will be considered competitors

I would take that but I do hope we can sneak into the playoffs this year even if its a first round knock out its always good to get that first playoff appearance in.

I believe McDaniels is taking the right approach to building a team, most team's fans would love to have an owner that will give a coach time to build a roster with everyone pulling in the same direction especially a roster with such a blend on young and veteran talent, if we can build the OL to be a powerful run blocking line I think we can open up some eyes this year.

No, I don't think so. Next year we either decide to give Orton a long term deal or we go with Quinn or somebody else. I suggest that we let Orton walk. Having one of the worst 10 QB's in the league isn't going to get you to the playoffs very frequently unless you have a lights out D. We surely do not have a lights out D and Champ and Dawkins aren't getting any younger either.

I would say that if Orton is signed long term McD will be fired in 3 years or less after this season. He will have made the team up in his image and we will be around a .500 ballclub unless we get a much better QB.

robbieopperude
04-20-2010, 04:42 AM
Let's explain drafting 101 to Mock.

Weak Draft: A weak draft simply means there is not that many players expected to be impact players in the NFL. More then likely, not many of the players picked in the mid to late rounds will make NFL rosters, or won't be in the NFL long. Moving up in the draft is smart. Dealing your later round picks to move higher up at a chance of one of the players who is projected to have a better chance at being an impact player.

Strong Draft: A strong draft simply means there are many good players available and the fall off in talent/upside isn't quite as severe as you get to the middle to late rounds as in a weak draft. Moving down is a smart move because you can usually find a player close to the same talent level as a player who might have been picked several spots (or even rounds) ahead of him, and you accumulate more picks, giving your team better odds to find more good players.

So - what's your take Mock? Try and move down in a weak draft, not giving yourself a chance at the better players since there are fewer of them, but getting more picks so you can get more scrubs, which won't be on the team in 2 years time? Or move up in a strong draft, giving up your precious picks in which no doubt there will be good players still left there, who probably are not that far behind in talent to the guy you moved up for.

Dude, cmon.

Note: We traded a first round pick from a strong draft for a second round pick in a weak draft. Do not forget this!

watermock
04-20-2010, 04:51 AM
HA!

First, I don't trade my 1st . Got that moron?

Then I don't trade up for a second rond/FA blocking TE.

Jesus Christ.

s0phr0syne
04-20-2010, 05:55 AM
Note: We traded a first round pick from a strong draft for a second round pick in a weak draft. Do not forget this!

x100000000000000000

Bronco Yoda
04-20-2010, 06:10 AM
All this attention we're giving to Tebow now... You guys think it's just a ploy or is McD really considering him?

TheReverend
04-20-2010, 06:10 AM

God.

Are you retarded?

What you mean to say:

"Moving out of a strong draft into a weak draft is STUPID"

What you actually said:

Completely wrong.

Garcia Bronco
04-20-2010, 06:50 AM
Team first.