PDA

View Full Version : Peter King Tweet

SonOfLe-loLang
04-19-2010, 03:48 PM
@SI_PeterKing do you think that the broncs will select Bryant or McClain with their #11 ... Neither. Trust me.

I hope he's right. I dont really want either of em.

Ziggy
04-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Trust him? That's laughable.

Paladin
04-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Trade rumors are high???

Pool
04-19-2010, 03:54 PM
How does he tweet with a fork in one hand and other on keyboard ???

bowtown
04-19-2010, 03:56 PM
How does he tweet with a fork in one hand and other on keyboard ???

Actually he has a Vente latte in the other, so he tweets with his fat face, that's why so much of what he writes doesn't make any sense.

Chris
04-19-2010, 03:58 PM
I just get the sense that EVERY team knows we want to trade out of that spot. If Eric Berry doesn't drop to us and no one wants to move up... what then...

The Joker
04-19-2010, 03:58 PM
Really hope he knows something, he's a massive Patriot bummer so it's possible he's been tipped off.

Or maybe he's in cahoots with Josh and trying to throw people off the scent!!

Anyway, either Dan Williams at #11 or trade back please.

broncos-rock
04-19-2010, 03:59 PM
What if Bulaga falls? Do we take him?

Mr.Meanie
04-19-2010, 04:00 PM
I just get the sense that EVERY team knows we want to trade out of that spot. If Eric Berry doesn't drop to us and no one wants to move up... what then...

Haden, Weatherspoon, Pouncey, Earl Thomas, Dan Williams, etc. It's not like we're screwed or something...

oubronco
04-19-2010, 04:02 PM

Hell to the YES

gtown
04-19-2010, 04:03 PM
I think he is right. McD was a little too complementary of McClain a few days ago and we just got rid of a Bryant-like player.

Chris
04-19-2010, 04:08 PM
I think he is right. McD was a little too complementary of McClain a few days ago and we just got rid of a Bryant-like player.

Except Bryant can catch balls over his shoulder and go deep.

Br0nc0Buster
04-19-2010, 04:10 PM
I will be very surprised is they take either Bryant or McClain

I think we will trade down

gtown
04-19-2010, 04:10 PM

Only if he doesn't forget his cleats.

barryr
04-19-2010, 04:11 PM
You only take Bryant at #11 if you think the guy will be special. Otherwise with a deep crop of receivers in this draft, taking him there isn't needed.

Mr.Meanie
04-19-2010, 04:11 PM

I admit it... the juvenile in me lol'd at this.

Carmelo15
04-19-2010, 04:14 PM
What happens if we move down to 15-17 and McClain or Dez are still there?

barryr
04-19-2010, 04:16 PM

Unless the Broncos are really wanting Pouncey, you take McClain IMO if drops to a later pick. Can still get a quality WR in the 2nd round, but harder to find LB's since this draft is not deep in that position.

Harvitz81
04-19-2010, 04:33 PM
I think we take pouncey, witherspoon or iupati in the first with some sort of trade back

*WARHORSE*
04-19-2010, 04:39 PM
The Broncos will trade up and draft Sam Bradford.

TRUST ME.

:wiggle:

See how easy that was..................:thanku:

TonyR
04-19-2010, 05:39 PM

I asked a similar question the other day. I do think it's very possible that Dez falls into the teens.

baja
04-19-2010, 05:45 PM
In this deep draft I hope we do what Bill Walsh did one year, he kept trading down and parlayed 8 picks into 12 picks. Everyone made the team too.

SoDak Bronco
04-19-2010, 05:54 PM
Don't sleep on Earl Thomas folks.

gunns
04-19-2010, 05:59 PM
McD has already announced they are talking to other teams about moving down. So it wouldn't be hard to speculate those two won't be there when we draft. I'm sure it won't be hard to find a team who wants to move up in this draft.

Chris
04-19-2010, 06:21 PM
McD has already announced they are talking to other teams about moving down. So it wouldn't be hard to speculate those two won't be there when we draft. I'm sure it won't be hard to find a team who wants to move up in this draft.

Depends on what they're looking for. Also I doubt mcclain drops past the Giants at 15.

JCMElway
04-19-2010, 06:36 PM
I think we take pouncey, witherspoon or iupati in the first with some sort of trade back

This.

cmhargrove
04-19-2010, 06:42 PM

I'm hoping for Bulaga or Trent Williams to fall. Both have played guard before getting kicked out to Tackle. Both could play Tackle in case of an injury. Both might be able to push Ryan Harris for playing time.

First round O-linemen have been one of the safest picks of the last few drafts.

Florida_Bronco
04-19-2010, 06:43 PM

His 40 time was pretty subpar, which pretty much takes him out of the running as our future X receiver.

The Joker
04-20-2010, 01:14 AM
His 40 time was pretty subpar, which pretty much takes him out of the running as our future X receiver.

Or it would if this were Madden.

Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63, I'd take him at the X position.

Hotwheelz
04-20-2010, 01:21 AM
We're trading back and taking Sean Weatherspoon.

Popps
04-20-2010, 01:28 AM
We could realistically wind up with Pouncey and Iupati if we trade down and play our cards right.

**** that would be sweet.

Florida_Bronco
04-20-2010, 02:16 AM
Or it would if this were Madden.

Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63, I'd take him at the X position.

It was a 4.53 actually, and I believe that was either a slow time for him or he's significantly improved it because Brandon also ran a 4.5 40 and by his own admission Fitzgerald was significantly faster.

And yeah, it does matter here in the real world. In this offense, the X receiver is the field stretcher, and you can't stretch the field without that deep speed.

Hotwheelz
04-20-2010, 02:21 AM
We're trading back and taking Sean Weatherspoon.

No, seriously.

Great meeting with Coach McDaniels, Martindale and Roman Phifer! I can dig it! What does Twitter think about me and DJ Williams side by side 3:04 PM Apr 13th via Echofon

yeah it was a great visit bro, cool peeps! Made me feel like they were gonna take me lol so we will see bro have fun in the Lou!

http://twitter.com/seanwspoon12

The Joker
04-20-2010, 03:54 AM
It was a 4.53 actually, and I believe that was either a slow time for him or he's significantly improved it because Brandon also ran a 4.5 40 and by his own admission Fitzgerald was significantly faster.

And yeah, it does matter here in the real world. In this offense, the X receiver is the field stretcher, and you can't stretch the field without that deep speed.

Yes you can.

Pure speed is nowhere near as important in stretching the field as a WR's ability to come back for the ball and go up and get it above the DB.

This is something Bryant excels at, he goes up and fights for that ball.

It's why Marshall was never much of a deep threat guy here, despite having adequate speed and more than adequate build to do so. He just never adjusted to the ball in the air very well or knew how to come back to it and get there before the DB.

And it's why Fitzgerald is now such a monster on the deep all. It's not that he's shaved a fifth of a second of his forty time, it's that if the QB throws it up in a spot somewhere in his vicinity then odds are he'll come down with it.

watermock
04-20-2010, 04:31 AM
In this deep draft I hope we do what Bill Walsh did one year, he kept trading down and parlayed 8 picks into 12 picks. Everyone made the team too.

Ha!

He can't last 11.

It's funny.

Beavis will hold his balls till they burst.

Watch.

watermock
04-20-2010, 04:34 AM
It's why Marshall was never much of a deep threat guy here, despite having adequate speed and more than adequate build to do so. He just never adjusted to the ball in the air very well or knew how to come back to it and get there before the DB.

wow.

I have never heard something more idiotic.

The Joker
04-20-2010, 04:51 AM
http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Lots_O_Smileys/hunter.gif

i4jelway7
04-20-2010, 05:37 AM
broncos trade down in the first to take Pouncey (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=2404) and use the early 2nd on OLB Brandon Graham (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1824), then somehow they gotta get in a position to grab WR Demaryius Thomas (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=2415), if they can't get Thomas maybe go after WR Damian Willams (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=2407), then try to grab TE Jimmy Graham (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=2476) in the 3rd

maher_tyler
04-20-2010, 06:06 AM
broncos trade down in the first to take Pouncey (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=2404) and use the early 2nd on OLB Brandon Graham (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=1824), then somehow they gotta get in a position to grab WR Demaryius Thomas (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=2415), if they can't get Thomas maybe go after WR Damian Willams (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=2407), then try to grab TE Jimmy Graham (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=2476) in the 3rd

If we take another TE in this draft it better be the next Sharpe!

no-pseudo-fan
04-20-2010, 06:28 AM
No, seriously.

http://twitter.com/seanwspoon12

Things are starting to get very exciting.

Hamrob
04-20-2010, 07:18 AM
I Hope we take McClain or Pouncey

I think we take Graham or Williams

I can't say I'll be too disapointed. This draft is loaded with hogs....but, not so special with the specialty positions!

ColoradoBuff
04-20-2010, 07:25 AM
trusting what Peter King says is like trusting the stock market!

Steve Sewell
04-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Actually he has a Vente latte in the other, so he tweets with his fat face, that's why so much of what he writes doesn't make any sense.

I would assume that Burger Bill has some sort of voice translator then.

Steve Sewell
04-20-2010, 07:32 AM
This draft is going to be crazy good. Can't wait to watch. McD is the man.

Steve Sewell
04-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Unless the Broncos are really wanting Pouncey, you take McClain IMO if drops to a later pick. Can still get a quality WR in the 2nd round, but harder to find LB's since this draft is not deep in that position.

Why are people so enamored with McClain? I don't see anything warranting a top 15 pick for the guy.

RaiderH8r
04-20-2010, 07:41 AM

Except that our QB can't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

bshawoakley
04-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Denver emerging as new candidate for No. 1 pick?

Cleveland Browns general manager Tom Heckert publicly announced that his team had held conversations with the St. Louis Rams about obtaining the No. 1 overall pick.

It will be interesting to see if the Denver Broncos are as forthcoming with their internal conversations.

I am told that some of the reason that Denver has been asking for picks rather than veteran players in return for Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler is that the club is considering making a significant proposal to the Rams for the first overall pick.

The Broncos feature Kyle Orton as their starting quarterback and recently acquired Brady Quinn, but head coach Josh McDaniels is thought to be very high on Sam Bradford and could see Orton as a stopgap starter until Bradford is ready to take over.

The Broncos own four picks within the draft's top 80 selections, including the 11th overall. Josh McDaniiels has shown a willingness to trade future picks in the past. He traded Denver's 2010 first round pick to Seattle last year for the right to move up in the second round and select Wake Forest cornerback Alphonso Smith.

http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/21092865?tag=comBlogEntryListCnt;entry21092865

anyone heard this rumor yet?

Beantown Bronco
04-20-2010, 07:56 AM
The Mane would crash a few hours earlier than expected.....

gtown
04-20-2010, 07:57 AM
God if we pull a Ricky Williams trade for Bradford, I am gonna be out one large flatscreen TV. I think this guy is personally just pulling stuff out of his ass, but we will see.

Ray Finkle
04-20-2010, 07:58 AM

Cleveland Browns general manager Tom Heckert publicly announced that his team had held conversations with the St. Louis Rams about obtaining the No. 1 overall pick.

It will be interesting to see if the Denver Broncos are as forthcoming with their internal conversations.

I am told that some of the reason that Denver has been asking for picks rather than veteran players in return for Brandon Marshall and Tony Scheffler is that the club is considering making a significant proposal to the Rams for the first overall pick.

The Broncos feature Kyle Orton as their starting quarterback and recently acquired Brady Quinn, but head coach Josh McDaniels is thought to be very high on Sam Bradford and could see Orton as a stopgap starter until Bradford is ready to take over.

The Broncos own four picks within the draft's top 80 selections, including the 11th overall. Josh McDaniiels has shown a willingness to trade future picks in the past. He traded Denver's 2010 first round pick to Seattle last year for the right to move up in the second round and select Wake Forest cornerback Alphonso Smith.

http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/21092865?tag=comBlogEntryListCnt;entry21092865

I'd punch a wall in anger....you have major holes at C/G/ILB/WR/DL and you trade a bunch of picks for a QB?

Hercules Rockefeller
04-20-2010, 08:01 AM

If Denver had really been interested in the 1st pick, Denver would have combined their 1st pick and Marshall to move up as high as they could, so they wouldn't have to give up as much with trade #2 to move to the 1st pick.

Scheffler is worthless and what he brought back in a trade just proved that. Oooooooh, an early 5th round pick, they've got the ammo to get Bradford now.

They also wouldn't have given up assets (no matter how little they gave up) for Quinn if they planned on using Orton for one more year as a stop-gap for Bradford.

Just retarded.

The Joker
04-20-2010, 08:01 AM

Well, yeah.

But only because I read the rest of your post first.

I wouldn't be too upset, as long as we don't completely give up the farm. I think Bradford will be amazing if he lands in any sort of decent situation.

Trade #11 and our first next year, maybe Orton too if the Rams want him.

We'd still have 2 2nds both this and next year to play with too.

Not that this rumour is anything other than absolutely 100% garbage, though.

ScottXray
04-20-2010, 08:14 AM
I think this is BS by the tweeter (shredded tweet?).

I would hate us moving up for anyone but Suh.

Also don't want Iupati, McClain, at all in the first round.
I could stand Pouncey, Bryant, Williams at 11 if we don't move, but
Pouncey and Williams would be slightly too early.

I'd rather drop back some to around 20 and try to get Pouncey there, along with 3 2nd round picks, to get a OG, WR, ILB.

yerner
04-20-2010, 08:34 AM
I can't believe anybody would be angry if the broncos did what it took to get a blue chip qb? All it takes to begin to win some games in the NFL is a star qb, a left tackle, and a defense that can rush the passer. You have a decent shot for a decade.

maher_tyler
04-20-2010, 08:34 AM
I'd punch a wall in anger....you have major holes at C/G/ILB/WR/DL and you trade a bunch of picks for a QB?

Yea..i'd be pissed if we traded up to #1 for even Bradford!! This team would be set for years if we play our cards right!!

Br0nc0Buster
04-20-2010, 08:38 AM
I dont think I will fault a team for trying to get a franchise qb if they think he can be their guy
With that said if Josh were to pull a trade to get Bradford, his success or failure as a coach with Denver would ride on Bradfords surgically repaired shoulders

I think is a moot point anyways, there is no way we trade for the first overall pick

oubronco
04-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Oh what an evil genius he would be

Dagmar
04-20-2010, 08:43 AM
Well I read on PFT this morning that the Rams would trade down from one and would likely do it on the cheap. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Skins make the move. No way we move from 11 to 1. Unless Orton was involved?

Dagmar
04-20-2010, 08:44 AM
I guarantee every football message board in the top 20 has multiple threads like this!

Hamrob
04-20-2010, 11:10 AM
The question I have is whether Bradford is better than Locker? I wouldn't fault them for going and getting him...if they think he's the guy, but wouldn't we be better off seeing how our 3 guys do this year and then taking a guy next year is necessary?

cmhargrove
04-20-2010, 11:28 AM
I like Bradford, but rolling the dice on a number one pick can cripple a franchise (thank God for the Raiders). I'll say in all honesty, that I am no more excited to see Bradford than I am to see how Quinn develops in the "system" that originally made him a standout.

Quinn put up some pretty impressive numbers without the O-line talent that Bradford enjoyed most of his career.

Quinn in his last 2 collegiate years threw 69 TD's and 14 INT's

Bradford threw 86 TD's (totally sick year of 50 TD's in 2008) and 16 INT's.

We get Quinn on the cheap, Bradford would cost another year of upgrades to both the lines (and now WR and ILB).

TotallyScrewed
04-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Yes you can.

Pure speed is nowhere near as important in stretching the field as a WR's ability to come back for the ball and go up and get it above the DB.

And it's why Fitzgerald is now such a monster on the deep all. It's not that he's shaved a fifth of a second of his forty time, it's that if the QB throws it up in a spot somewhere in his vicinity then odds are he'll come down with it.

Wow...I guess I never did see Marshall catch a ball over a DB. Or see him turn them around or run away from them. He sucked.
Please.

snowspot66
04-20-2010, 11:52 AM
Wow...I guess I never did see Marshall catch a ball over a DB. Or see him turn them around or run away from them. He sucked.
Please.

If you are trying to argue Marshall was a deep threat then you fail.

UberBroncoMan
04-20-2010, 11:55 AM

http://philandmegan.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/beluga-whale.jpg

Florida_Bronco
04-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Yes you can.

Sorry, that's just not the case. Not only did Marshall NOT have adequate speed for the X receiver spot (as evidenced by having to play Royal there) it IS a requirement for the X receiver in this offense. Yes, you want them to go up and fight for the ball which is why tall speedsters are at a premium at that position. See Moss in New England, Calvin Johnson in Detroit and Fitzgerald

Bigdawg26
04-20-2010, 06:50 PM
If we trade Tim Tebow with our first round I will hurt someone. I wouldn't put that past this guy because he thinks he can have another Matt Cassel 2.0

Fusionfrontman
04-20-2010, 06:56 PM
I don't see how trading this year's 1st, and Orton and next years first for Bradford is hurting our chances to build the lines and other positions (WR, ILb) when we still have 2 2nd rounders and a few later rounders. Bradford looks REALLY good, and guy is accurate as hell.

broncos-rock
04-20-2010, 07:07 PM
http://philandmegan.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/beluga-whale.jpg
Thats funny I was thinking that the entire time I was posting that!ROFL!

oubronco
04-21-2010, 06:22 AM
I don't see how trading this year's 1st, and Orton and next years first for Bradford is hurting our chances to build the lines and other positions (WR, ILb) when we still have 2 2nd rounders and a few later rounders. Bradford looks REALLY good, and guy is accurate as hell.

Exactly

TheReverend
04-21-2010, 06:29 AM
Sorry, that's just not the case. Not only did Marshall NOT have adequate speed for the X receiver spot (as evidenced by having to play Royal there) it IS a requirement for the X receiver in this offense. Yes, you want them to go up and fight for the ball which is why tall speedsters are at a premium at that position. See Moss in New England, Calvin Johnson in Detroit and Fitzgerald

You're not giving McDaniels offensive IQ or Marshall remotely enough credit in this post. To say he's hand-cuffed to such a myopic view of what an "X" receiver should be is absurd, and to knock Brandon's speed is even sillier. The issue was neither. Usually Brandon had three guys draped on him past 20 yards and it's fairly remarkable he managed to come down with any of those balls in his time here.

Florida_Bronco
04-21-2010, 01:21 PM
You're not giving McDaniels offensive IQ or Marshall remotely enough credit in this post. To say he's hand-cuffed to such a myopic view of what an "X" receiver should be is absurd, and to knock Brandon's speed is even sillier. The issue was neither. Usually Brandon had three guys draped on him past 20 yards and it's fairly remarkable he managed to come down with any of those balls in his time here.

If that was the case, why were we forced to use Royal at the X receiver spot? He has the deep speed that Marshall clearly lacks. I'd bet you anything that we see a tall speedster brought in for that X position.

TheReverend
04-21-2010, 02:39 PM
If that was the case, why were we forced to use Royal at the X receiver spot? He has the deep speed that Marshall clearly lacks. I'd bet you anything that we see a tall speedster brought in for that X position.

Because we didn't?