PDA

View Full Version : Projected Depth Chart as of 4-19-10

montrose
04-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Following the trades, haven't updated one in a while.

QB: Kyle Orton, Brady Quinn, Tom Brandstater
RB: Knowshon Moreno, Correll Buckhalter, JJ Arrington, Lance Ball, Bruce Hall
WR: Eddie Royal, Brandon Stokley
WR: Jabar Gaffney, Matthew Willis
WR: Brandon Lloyd, Kenny McKinley
TE: Daniel Graham, Richard Quinn, Marquez Branson
LT: Ryan Clady, Brandon Gorin
LG: Seth Olsen, Matt McChesney
C: Russ Hochstein, Dustin Fry
RG: Chris Kuper
RT: Ryan Harris, Tyler Polumbus, D'Anthony Batiste

DE: Justin Bannan, Le Kevin Smith, Marcus Thomas
DE: Jarvis Green, Ryan McBean
NT: Jamal Williams, Ronnie Fields, Chris Baker
OLB: Elvis Dumervil*, Jarvis Moss
OLB: Robert Ayers, Darrell Reid, Baraka Atkins
ILB: DJ Williams, Wesley Woodyard, Braxton Kelley
ILB: Mario Haggan, Spencer Larsen
CB: Champ Bailey, Alphonso Smith, Tony Carter
CB: Andre Goodman, Nate Jones
S: Brian Dawkins, Darcel McBath
S: Renaldo Hill, David Bruton, Josh Barrett

K: Matt Prater
P: Britton Colquitt, A.J. Trapasso
DS: Lonie Paxton

* = Unsigned Restricted Free Agent

NYC Bronco
04-19-2010, 10:02 AM
WR: Brandon Lloyd

http://www.idiomsbykids.com/taylor/mrtaylor/class20022003/idioms/idioms2003/Kill%20me.jpg

elsid13
04-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Depth is real weak at TE and WR.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-19-2010, 10:06 AM
Tony Carter >>>> A Smith

Rohirrim
04-19-2010, 10:07 AM
Where's Tebow? Hilarious!

I thought Seth Olsen was moving to Center?

Steve Sewell
04-19-2010, 10:09 AM
By the looks of the depth chart, the Broncos really need to focus on drafting offensive talent, particularly at the C/G and WR positions.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-19-2010, 10:12 AM
I gotta admit, that defensive roster doesn't make me want to puke quite as much as it used to. Just imagine if we drafted some actual NFL starter-quality guys to the front seven.

gyldenlove
04-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Aside from OT there is not a single position on that offense that is satisfactory.

Steve Sewell
04-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Aside from OT there is not a single position on that offense that is satisfactory.

Let me guess, this is what you'd prefer:

Coach: Mike Shanahan
QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Peyton Hillis
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Eddie Royal
RT: Ryan Harris
C: Tommy Nalen
LG: Ben Hamilton
LT: Clady
TE: Scheffler

gyldenlove
04-19-2010, 10:39 AM
Let me guess, this is what you'd prefer:

Coach: Mike Shanahan
QB: Jay Cutler
RB: Peyton Hillis
WR: Brandon Marshall
WR: Eddie Royal
RT: Ryan Harris
C: Tommy Nalen
LG: Ben Hamilton
LT: Clady
TE: Scheffler

No I would prefer something like this:

Coach: Bill Belichick
QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Steve Jackson
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
RT: Jake Long
RG: Chris Snee
C: Alex Mack
LG: Steve Hutchinson
LT: Ryan Clady
TE: Vernon Davies

Stop being a dickhead dude, you are nowhere near clever enough to pull that off.

lostknight
04-19-2010, 10:40 AM
My God, that line up is depressing.

Eddie Royal is the only one left at a skill position that has... you know... skill.

Steve Sewell
04-19-2010, 10:44 AM
No I would prefer something like this:

Coach: Bill Belichick
QB: Peyton Manning
RB: Steve Jackson
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Larry Fitzgerald
RT: Jake Long
RG: Chris Snee
C: Alex Mack
LG: Steve Hutchinson
LT: Ryan Clady
TE: Vernon Davies

Stop being a dickhead dude, you are nowhere near clever enough to pull that off.

Not being a dickhead, just calling a spade a spade.

BigPlayShay
04-19-2010, 11:00 AM

Where is McKinley?

montrose
04-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Where is McKinley?

Whoops, added him in.

montrose
04-19-2010, 11:04 AM

And I'd argue our depth at OT is garbage. Although, I do think the RB position is pretty solid with Moreno and Buck.

WolfpackGuy
04-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Looks like the left tackle pass is going to be a big part of the Broncos offense this season.

yerner
04-19-2010, 11:08 AM
Wow. The offense isn't exactly a matchup nightmare for any team. Need to get some speed!

tsiguy96
04-19-2010, 11:08 AM
compare that entire team to shanahans roster of 08 (defense too...)

youll thank heaven for mcdaniels

cmhargrove
04-19-2010, 11:10 AM
I just pray that we get the Jamal Williams of 2008.

I also think Bannan will be a tremendous addition (especially if the first statement about Williams is true).

We just need help on the O-line

gyldenlove
04-19-2010, 11:12 AM
And I'd argue our depth at OT is garbage. Although, I do think the RB position is pretty solid with Moreno and Buck.

Sure, but compared to any other position at least the starters are very good at OT and we do have people with NFL experience at backup. Buck is a 10 game a year guy at most, Moreno may be the next big thing if he is then RB looks decent although a third guy would still be needed.

gyldenlove
04-19-2010, 11:15 AM
The DL is the best it has been this side of Trevor Pryce, Reggie Hayward and Berry, LB needs upgraded some and CB depth is questionable but the defense is miles ahead of where it was 2 years ago.

Bigdawg26
04-19-2010, 11:19 AM
Yeah but our offense is miles behind what it was 2 years ago. We need an inside backer along with G/C and WR! Our team really isnt that talented now.

WolfpackGuy
04-19-2010, 11:21 AM
The DL is the best it has been this side of Trevor Pryce, Reggie Hayward and Berry, LB needs upgraded some and CB depth is questionable but the defense is miles ahead of where it was 2 years ago.

Agreed.

I'm worried the offense will hang it out to dry for long stretches again this season.

They better concentrate on getting ahead because if they fall behind by a decent amount, it's curtains.

s0phr0syne
04-19-2010, 11:30 AM
I'm really curious to see what Baker, Pedescleaux, and Branson can do this year. They were all pretty highly touted UDFAs...surely one or two of them will have developed this year.

manchambo
04-19-2010, 11:50 AM
I look at that and I think it's painfully obvious that they need to draft:

WR
OG/C
ILB

I don't care what order--get the best guy available with each of the picks. But if they can get those done well with the first three picks, the roster is rounding into shape. (except for QB, of course)

montrose
04-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Sure, but compared to any other position at least the starters are very good at OT and we do have people with NFL experience at backup. Buck is a 10 game a year guy at most, Moreno may be the next big thing if he is then RB looks decent although a third guy would still be needed.

Yeah I love the starters, but I was worried a year ago about our OT depth and you could say I was validated by the drastic difference from Harris' presense to absence (6-0 with him, 2-8 without). I think we need to find a solid backup OT in this draft.

Per the RB spot, Buck's injuries are worrysome but I do think he's an above-average backup RB and I'm really excited to see what Moreno can do on two legs. Josh seems really excited about Arrington, brought him up again in his presser the other day -we'll have to see but I agree that I'd like to see another guy brought in.

Cito Pelon
04-19-2010, 12:33 PM
OG/C seems to be a glaring need, could be addressed in round 2. WR not so much, 2nd round. Spencer Larsen is a good backup ILB, could even be a starter. I like his instincts, rubs blockers off well, but seems to be injured a lot, that could be because of all the ST duties.

I'd like to see the D built up some more into kickass shape, and there will be some potentially dynamite D players as BPA at #11 - Dan Williams, Joe Haden, Brandon Graham, Earl Thomas, Odrick seems to get a lot of hype, Weatherspoon, McClain.

Baba Booey
04-19-2010, 12:52 PM
http://media.omfgif.com/gif/051154Baby_displeased.gif

colonelbeef
04-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Still no Qb on the roster.

listopencil
04-19-2010, 12:55 PM

http://www.idiomsbykids.com/taylor/mrtaylor/class20022003/idioms/idioms2003/Kill%20me.jpg

Now you know how I've felt about the Defense for ten years or so.

listopencil
04-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah but our offense is miles behind what it was 2 years ago. We need an inside backer along with G/C and WR! Our team really isnt that talented now.

Meh. The Offense wasn't all that great.

Dagmar
04-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Still no Qb on the roster.

Then neither does 17 other teams?

http://i41.tinypic.com/oeb2p.png

But you stick with it.

gyldenlove
04-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah I love the starters, but I was worried a year ago about our OT depth and you could say I was validated by the drastic difference from Harris' presense to absence (6-0 with him, 2-8 without). I think we need to find a solid backup OT in this draft.

Per the RB spot, Buck's injuries are worrysome but I do think he's an above-average backup RB and I'm really excited to see what Moreno can do on two legs. Josh seems really excited about Arrington, brought him up again in his presser the other day -we'll have to see but I agree that I'd like to see another guy brought in.

Solid OT backups do not hang on trees, honestly I think we are better off gambling on Harris and Clady holding up this year, fortifying the interior OL and then go OT next year.

Buck's injury history and age both worry me and Arrington sitting out an entire year is not good news, to my mind we definitely need another RB on the roster to be anywhere near ready to face 16 games, I would prefer a guy who could add speed, but we also need a bruiser so it is difficult to say who we could add.

Rohirrim
04-19-2010, 01:08 PM
Solid OT backups do not hang on trees, honestly I think we are better off gambling on Harris and Clady holding up this year, fortifying the interior OL and then go OT next year.

Buck's injury history and age both worry me and Arrington sitting out an entire year is not good news, to my mind we definitely need another RB on the roster to be anywhere near ready to face 16 games, I would prefer a guy who could add speed, but we also need a bruiser so it is difficult to say who we could add.

Toby Gerhart and Kyle Calloway. :welcome:

joe9999
04-19-2010, 03:25 PM

This.

Plus QB is less than average unless Quin surprises. And Moreno has not been impressive.