PDA

View Full Version : chris mortensen predicts what we already thought..

tsiguy96
04-18-2010, 04:07 PM
RT @5280HighSalute: @mortreport my gut says Denver trades down from the 11 spot, thoughts? >> I'd say hang onto to your hat #NFLDraft

RT @tj_carlson: @mortreport 'hold on to your hat' for broncos? What's that mean? >> I think they'll be very, very active #NFLDraft 16 minutes ago via TweetDeck

NFLBRONCO
04-18-2010, 04:14 PM
When is Mort ever right?

Seriously this time I hope he is. Trade down only though no trade ups we need all the picks we can get.

peacepipe
04-18-2010, 05:27 PM
I hope not.

UberBroncoMan
04-18-2010, 05:39 PM
Watch us keep our #11 and then trade both our 2nd rounders for a second first round pick.

How many people here would go for McClain + Pouncey vs neither but a late 1st round pick and three 2nd rounders?

meangene
04-18-2010, 05:52 PM
Watch us keep our #11 and then trade both our 2nd rounders for a second first round pick.

How many people here would go for McClain + Pouncey vs neither but a late 1st round pick and three 2nd rounders?

I can't see the former when we need a WR badly and there will be some good ones in round two. I could see doing the latter and then using the late first on Weatherspoon and using two of the seconds to move up for Pouncey. That way we still have a second to use on a WR. Pouncey, Spoon and a WR in the first two rounds would be sweet.

Taco John
04-18-2010, 05:54 PM
I would be thrilled if we traded down to take Iupati and grab another pick somewhere.

TheChamp24
04-18-2010, 05:56 PM
Watch this to be a ploy to trade up for Jimmy Clausen.

atomicbloke
04-18-2010, 06:05 PM
I would be thrilled if we traded down to take Iupati and grab another pick somewhere.

This.

I'll be glad with Iupati at #11 too. The thought of Iupati and Clady anchoring the left side of our line for the next decade makes me ecstatic.

Popps
04-18-2010, 06:23 PM

How far could we trade down and still be able to get one of the "big 2" interior linemen?

I'm all for it, by the way. Not very sexy... but it's absolutely the best course of action.

oubronco
04-18-2010, 06:35 PM

This would not surprise me at all

baja
04-18-2010, 07:46 PM
hey TJ are there any 5 tool players in this draft? :o

FireFly
04-18-2010, 07:51 PM
I'd love to see us trade down, but I don't see it happening and if it does I would expect it to be for a 3rd rounder not a 2nd.

Other teams are aware of the depth in this draft, esp. in the 1st 2 rounds so they won't be quick to trade their picks away.

broncswin
04-18-2010, 07:55 PM
I'd love to see us trade down, but I don't see it happening and if it does I would expect it to be for a 3rd rounder not a 2nd.

Other teams are aware of the depth in this draft, esp. in the 1st 2 rounds so they won't be quick to trade their picks away.

I don't believe that...there could be someone who wants a spiller or Bryant...or McClain and they feel there is no other player at the specific position that rates close to those big names. This is the draft..we are in a very good spot...teams want to get up to us, no top ten money, but very high caliber players at the 11th spot.

UboBronco
04-18-2010, 08:08 PM
If we used our top three picks for Iupati and Pouncey through some type of manuvering I would be thrilled, otherwise, I think McClain, and or yes, Bryant is sthe move.... We have many more holes to fill than we can admit, but if we fill center and gaurd, with our present tackles and Kuper, we would have a line that McDaniels is looking fo in my opinion......

bombquixote
04-18-2010, 08:31 PM

I would **** in my own hat.

Durango
04-18-2010, 09:51 PM

Me too, and from the sound of things, we may realistically have the chance. I honestly think the talk about Bryant is an effort to get Seattle all worked up. Wouldn't that be something, trading down to our original 1st round position so Seattle could get their man? 14 would still be a reach for Pouncey wouldn't it? But it might not be too much of a reach for Weatherspoon. I read on one of those hailredskins.com mock drafts that the NY Giants are openly talking about a trade with either Denver or Jacksonville for the opportunity to draft Rolando McClain, so there might be an opportunity there as well.

I bet this is going to be one of the more active and interesting draft weeks in many years in Denver.

SoCalBronco
04-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Trading down is almost ALWAYS a great idea. Get more picks. What they have is never enough.

Elway777
04-18-2010, 10:04 PM
I think the Broncos trade down with Eagles for 24 and 36 picks. Then I look for the Broncos to trade up from 24 with their 3 round pick and Scheffler to target Pouncey. The Broncos want 36 pick to try and get TeBow. The Broncos get Pouncey and Tebow and still have 43 and 45 picks.

NFLBRONCO
04-18-2010, 10:16 PM
I think the burning question is what big need area gets passed over for little need.

rastaman
04-19-2010, 04:46 AM
This.

I'll be glad with Iupati at #11 too. The thought of Iupati and Clady anchoring the left side of our line for the next decade makes me ecstatic.

I agree. Revamping the OL for a power rushing game will be a good move and investment for having drafted Moreno #1. Although allowing your RB to rush out of an empty back field (w/o a lead blocking FB) will shorten a RB's career in the long run due to sustain punishment.

McD has got to get effective impact mileage out of Moreno over the next 4 years to justify using a #1 pick for Moreno. So yes, the future of the offense and perhaps McD's job security will lie with re-vamping the OL. In fact McD needs to use his first two or three picks all on the OL in this years draft.

ZONA
04-19-2010, 04:53 AM
This.

That aint gonna happen. Nobody is taking Iupati 1-11. I don't think he comes off the board until at least #16. Taking him at #11 is the very definition of "reaching".

chrisp
04-19-2010, 06:26 AM
That aint gonna happen. Nobody is taking Iupati 1-11. I don't think he comes off the board until at least #16. Taking him at #11 is the very definition of "reaching".

Agreed - I think that if we are stuck with #11 we will take aplayer who is value for the pick such as Bryant or McClain....and I do think that we will be happy to do that....

...However the fact that McD has just been publicly talking up such players gives a strong indication (and I wasn't the first to suggest it) that we are looking to trade and theat there's a real possibility.

Thing is, if our potential trade partners are after a specific player (or players) then we'll probably have to wait untill draft day to see the trade actually happen. Who wants to move up to #11 to draft a player who's no longer there? Teams will want to wait and see how the draft pans out

(now that I've said that cue trade announcement in the press in the next day or so! :) )

WolfpackGuy
04-19-2010, 06:57 AM

Agreed. I'd be surprised if he or Pouncey were picked before 20.