PDA

View Full Version : one thing for all the chad ochocinco haters to know

tsiguy96
04-16-2010, 07:07 PM
this guy is a great, great person. he makes millions of dollars and routinely hangs out with the countries hottest celebrities. but he routinely rents out clubs, restaurants and movie theaters for his fans to come eat and hang out with him at, completely free of charge.

from today:
@OGOchoCinco: OCNN MOVIE NEWS - movie night at The Grove 10:50 showing of DEATH AT A FUNERAL 1st 200 folks free, food and drinks provided

he rents out bars and buys everyone drinks that goes. hes officially one of my favorite NFL players now.

Aftermath
04-16-2010, 07:11 PM
he also bought about 2,000 tickets last year and gave them to fans so the bengals wouldnt be blacked out

Flex Gunmetal
04-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Anyone who hates on chad has too mch time on their hands or is just jealous. He's great for the league and a great role model. Even if he isn't humble, he's not raping girls or driving drunk.

hookemhess
04-16-2010, 07:30 PM
I follow Chad on twitter and he does all kinds of cool things to interact with the fans. Great guy.

SouthStndJunkie
04-16-2010, 07:53 PM
I think Chad is an interesting character and good for the NFL....but dude is going to be broke soon after he retires....he spends money like it's growing on trees.

gyldenlove
04-16-2010, 07:54 PM
He also arranges comedy contests where you can win a lexus, but then he keeps the lexus to himself.

Wes Mantooth
04-16-2010, 07:59 PM
And he is an osu beaver. Should define character by itself

extralife
04-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Hating on Ochocinco given all the terrible people in the NFL is a complete joke. He's a cool dude and the league needs more people like him.

Killericon
04-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Generous Person (necessarily)=/= Great Person.

Not that I'm saying anything against Chad. He seems decent enough, just a little over the top with the clowning stuff.

Taco John
04-16-2010, 08:12 PM
I think Chad is an interesting character and good for the NFL....but dude is going to be broke soon after he retires....he spends money like it's growing on trees.

It's all investment. He's the type of person who will easily be able to command endorsements well into his future.

TDmvp
04-17-2010, 02:03 AM
He also arranges comedy contests where you can win a lexus, but then he keeps the lexus to himself.

Yup Gyldenlove

Guys i'm not trying to rain on any ones parade ...

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story/UPDATE-Chad-Johnson-Named-In-Comedy-Club-Lawsuit/zzOESswTcUeIQBP5qbhLrA.cspx
But after a suspicious raffle at the Funny Bone Comedy Club (http://www.funnyboneonthelevee.com/) at Newport on the Levee, some are saying Chad Johnson is acting like a real loser.
"Be a man. Do what you say you are going to do."
That's what Arika Greene has to say to Johnson after a bogus raffle left her empty handed.
A lawsuit claims Johnson promised a new Lexus car, Superbowl tickets and trips to winners of a charity raffle hosted at the Funny Bone.
People who bought the tickets and attended the raffle say Johnson's girlfriend, however, is the only one to drive off with a prize.
"You brought us down here, we paid the extra money," said Greene. "You give the car to your girlfriend."
Attorney Eric Deters says this more than just end-zone drama.
The claim and the promotion could be fraud.
"It's theft by deception," said Deters. "If you don't intend on giving the trips in the first place they were told this money would co to charity."
Another woman who also attended the raffle at the comedy club, told 9News she doesn't want to be identified after an altercation with the football player and his fans.
"I can't believe Chad Johnson would do something like this," she told 9News. "We paid extra. We wanted to win a Lexus."
Deters says he was hesitant to name Johnson in the suit.
"All we want is for Chad, or the Funny Bone, to give these people their prizes," said Deters.

Basically there was a raffle for a car and a trip to the super bowl with Chad ... He gave the car to a girlfriend , and bailed out on the trip and made the radio station he was doing the raffle with look like dic#s ...

Sorry as someone living in Cincinnati and who hears both sides I think many of you are a little snowed by Chad ... He is defaulting on car loans all over town as well from the sounds of it.

Yea there's a fun side to Chad , and he does some cool things , but don't think CJ is some roll model or some crap like that ...

Beantown Bronco
04-17-2010, 02:14 AM
He is defaulting on car loans all over town as well from the sounds of it.

That's one thing I'll never understand. If you are a millionaire athlete, why do you even have car loans? It's not like a mortgage, where it can be considered "good debt". There is absolutely no reason to have a car loan in that situation.

TDmvp
04-17-2010, 02:15 AM
That's one thing I'll never understand. If you are a millionaire athlete, why do you even have car loans? It's not like a mortgage, where it can be considered "good debt". There is absolutely no reason to have a car loan in that situation.

Yea why anyone with that kinda money is getting loans is just beyond me...

eddie mac
04-17-2010, 04:20 AM
Pissing away his money on his fans so they'll love him even more is not what I'd call being a good person.

I dont know if he already does this or not but rich sports stars who put their money into programs for the underprivledged or give it to charities anonymously is far more honourable.

SouthStndJunkie
04-17-2010, 09:46 AM
It's all investment. He's the type of person who will easily be able to command endorsements well into his future.

I've seen his many, many exotic cars and other toys and he is living way above his means.

He lives like he makes $50 million dollars a year, not the $5 million or so a year he earns.

easymobee
04-17-2010, 10:22 AM
I know that he saves on jewelry at least. On hard knocks they showed him buying earrings at the mall for 2 or 3 dollars. How many athletes get their homes/cars robbed and lose 150 k in jewelry?

spdirty
04-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Heard a stat that said 80% of pro sports players go bankrupt 2 years after they retire. Chad probably wont be an exception to that rule.

Oh well, no off field issues Ive ever heard about the guy, he's never done anything to piss me off, wish him the best.