PDA

View Full Version : My Radio Show

Doggcow
04-16-2010, 04:30 PM
Hey guys, I just started doing a radio show in my free time. I do it for fun right now, as a resume builder (I'm a Broadcast Major).

I will be discussing a lot of the first round of the draft, particularly the Broncos, Seahawks (region), and Packers (co-hosts team) on my next show.

I was hoping you all could tune in and feel free to give me some criticism, or blast me, since that's the Brotherly Bronco thing to do now-a-days.

A stream is hosted on www.kugr.org and I will be on Monday 2PM-4PM Pacific Time.

theAPAOps5
04-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Man I caught your show today and you sucked ass.................:)

Just kidding, just keeping with the theme you set!

Congrats on the gig and way to go getting your foot in the door or should I say get your voice in the air. Have fun!

s0phr0syne
04-16-2010, 04:53 PM
I do it for fun right now, as a resume builder (I'm a Broadcast Major).

Dude, nice! Props for putting some energy and initiative into something like this. Hope it works out for you down the road, will try to give a listen eventually.

Boobs McGee
04-16-2010, 05:51 PM
Just don't bring up Video Games ;D I kid I kid...but seriously, congratulations man!

So, is sports talk the way you're going to be heading eventually? How long's the show, and can we hear it if we DONT catch it live?

Good luck bro

Los Broncos
04-16-2010, 05:56 PM
That's cool congrats, I'll tune in when I can.

Always interested in hearing other views especially around draft time.

Chris
04-16-2010, 09:44 PM
I will never be able to listen at that time because of work but props to you!

BroncoBuff
04-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Hey guys, I just started doing a radio show in my free time. I do it for fun right now, as a resume builder (I'm a Broadcast Major).

I will be discussing a lot of the first round of the draft, particularly the Broncos, Seahawks (region), and Packers (co-hosts team) on my next show.

I was hoping you all could tune in and feel free to give me some criticism, or blast me, since that's the Brotherly Bronco thing to do now-a-days.

A stream is hosted on www.kugr.org and I will be on Monday 2PM-4PM Pacific Time.

I will most definitely tune in .... do you take calls on the air?

BroncoBuff
04-17-2010, 12:27 AM
You guys are the "Better Vedder (90s)" show?

Gotta love Eddie :thumbs:

Doggcow
04-17-2010, 01:16 AM
You guys are the "Better Vedder (90s)" show?

Gotta love Eddie :thumbs:

Lol, no. The Program Director hasn't updated the Schedule in a few. Our show is The B.O.S.S. (Banter Oriented Sports Show, lol, we just thought it worked!)

Since we are just starting, we haven't really gotten into taking calls (this is our 2nd show). I would like to start, but probably not on this one, as I have been really busy this week and need to get familiar with the equipment.

Also, I am working on my own website, where I will be uploading my future shows. I will be recording them myself and posting them on my site (likely coming in the next month or so, my gf is making it, as part of her portfolio since she's a website designer, so she's going to do it after school.)

TerrElway
04-17-2010, 08:15 AM
If you want people to stop listening then go ahead and take calls. That's what the prevailing wisdom in sportstalk radio is and I tend to agree with it unless it is a pure call in show dedicated to one game(post game show - I used to host one and that could be a lot of fun or pure torture!)

Doggcow
04-17-2010, 11:06 AM
If you want people to stop listening then go ahead and take calls. That's what the prevailing wisdom in sportstalk radio is and I tend to agree with it unless it is a pure call in show dedicated to one game(post game show - I used to host one and that could be a lot of fun or pure torture!)

I was actually thinking of running a twitter about it where people can chime in live.

Anyone have any experience with that? Then we can screen more.

theAPAOps5
04-17-2010, 11:14 AM
Twitter is a great idea and its easy to set up. You can make one just for the show in just a few steps. You can place a link on your website asking people to follow you and you can mention it on your show.

All the big time shows use it because its great for instant reaction without the phone call.

Doggcow
04-19-2010, 04:36 PM
So I had my show today. It's the 2nd one, I know i need to cut out my Uh's and Um's, I seem to use them while I'm quickly searching my brain for names etc. Since the show is unscripted, does anyone have any ideas to help cutback on them?

Also, I have it recorded, I will modify the file tonight and cut out the gaps for music.

I was also told I need more "Sports Music" can anyone recommend "sporty" music for breaks?

Chris
04-19-2010, 04:43 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5mtclwloEQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P5mtclwloEQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

watermock
04-19-2010, 10:48 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZfUgVSfKdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZfUgVSfKdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>,

Larry King is a moron.

Doggcow
04-20-2010, 12:32 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZfUgVSfKdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NZfUgVSfKdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>,

Larry King is a moron.

It's always amazing how much you bring to every thread you post in!