PDA

View Full Version : Josh McDaniels: Dez Bryant is on our board

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 03:17 PM
He said in the press conference that he knows teams have taken them off... we haven't. Dez Bryant is on the Broncos draft baord.

broncosteven
04-16-2010, 03:20 PM
I hope Dez stays away from McDonalds wrappers and smacking his Bioatches around during his NFL career.

underrated29
04-16-2010, 03:21 PM
****. That means we will not be drafting him then....Balls. I really really want him....Why do I say this? well, why else would Josh exclaim that we are looking at him hard. Because he wants to trade with someone or wants someone to fall.....I mean, if the pats think we will take him they might trade up with us for him, or another team might trade up ahead of us letting a team with similiar needs as us tade back, meaning the player we want that might have gone to buffalo will now fall to us...

Or I could be looking to hard into this....Dontknow. But I do know we will regret not taking dez if we stay at 11.

TheDave
04-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Make it stop... Please!

baja
04-16-2010, 03:26 PM
Or just maybe we are going to take him Shanny is gone remember. Maybe the mind games are gone too.

jhns
04-16-2010, 03:28 PM
There goes any message he was trying to send the team about character. Good to know we got rid of a proven top talent in Marshall for nothing.

underrated29
04-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Or just maybe we are going to take him Shanny is gone remember. Maybe the mind games are gone too.

*crossing fingers*

(unless someone wants to move up to 11)

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 03:30 PM
There goes any message he was trying to send the team about character. Good to know we got rid of a proven top talent in Marshall for nothing.

He addressed that character issue thing... I'll go in all you guys after this press.

Dukes
04-16-2010, 03:34 PM
Ruh-Roh

Popps
04-16-2010, 03:34 PM
We aren't drafting Dez Bryant, folks.

Dukes
04-16-2010, 03:35 PM

Nevermind the fact that Marshall didn't want to be here.

Dr. Broncenstein
04-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Do any of you actually believe a single thing this dude says about his draft board before the draft?

Dukes
04-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Do any of you actually believe a single thing this dude says about his draft board before the draft?

I could be wrong but didn't we visit with nearly every first day pick we signed last year? Not sure.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Why would anyone tip their hand?

jhns
04-16-2010, 03:41 PM

No but it is still fun to hate. But it really will make him a big joke if he drafts Dez. He got rid of Cutler for acting immature and handling one thing wrong in his career. He got rid of Marshall for being a distraction and getting in trouble. Sheffler is probably on his way out for the way he has acted.

All of this "we have to have high character guys" message looks pretty dumb when you go after the most high profile guy in the draft with character concerns.

CSU Husker
04-16-2010, 03:44 PM
Why would anyone tip their hand?

Its been known for years that teams discuss players they arent interested in, to throw up a smoke screen. So now the script is flipped, we discuss players we are interested, because nobody will think we are interested in them. Bwhahahahaha, evil genius McD!!!!!!!!

kamakazi_kal
04-16-2010, 03:45 PM
He better be. I'm still trying to figure out how we intend to score points. If our RB's thought they were seeing stacked fronts last year ..... man o man.

gtown
04-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Its been known for years that teams discuss players they arent interested in, to throw up a smoke screen. So now the script is flipped, we discuss players we are interested, because nobody will think we are interested in them. Bwhahahahaha, evil genius McD!!!!!!!!

That's what I am thinking. McD has been pretty forthcoming to the point that people believe he is bluffing.

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 03:55 PM
Press just ended - I just wanted to say that he discussed the whole character thing with Dez...

He said he didn't want to talk about Marshall, but with Dez he's never been arrested or DUI... and that most people are confusing character with the mistakes he's made. He's been in other situations where other people have made mistakes (Deion), etc.

Now obviously McDaniels is throwing up a smoke screen, he's talked highly about all the players. Dan Williams he was a little iffy on... he said he's so athletic that maybe he's even a DE.

Back to Dez... everything could be a big lie but after I actually started doing research on this guy, the whole character issue has been blown out of proportion by reports, etc.

All of this "we have to have high character guys" message looks pretty dumb when you go after the most high profile guy in the draft with character concerns.

You seem opposed to Dez. Let me ask you, do you even know why he was suspended last year? Do you know the controversy behind that? I was in the same boat, just assuming he was someone like Marshall with a bunch of baggage.

Go do some research and you'll see it's not about character... he did everything he was asked to do in college.

Whoever gets him is going to get a great player and a deep threat... period.

As far as the Broncos and McDaniels... what he said about the players are obviously true... but everything about the Broncos being interested in them is most likely a lie.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-16-2010, 03:56 PM
I love how Dez Bryant has suddenly become a rapist, girl beating, robber. He's never been in trouble with the law.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-16-2010, 03:57 PM
McD got a hard on while talking about Tebow and Sean Weatherspoon (who id gladly take at 11)

Atwater His Ass
04-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Nevermind the fact that Marshall didn't want to be here.

He didn't mind being in Denver, he just wanted to get paid, and was angling his actions towards that end.

At the end of the day, Denver loses one of the best WR's coming into his prime in the NFL and Brandon Marshall becomes the highest paid WR's in the league.

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 04:00 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/14/1577767/dez-bryant-a-diamond-in-the-rough.html

The NFL draft is as much about uncovering truth as uncovering talent and if you need proof of that I present Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland, who last week only half-kiddingly admitted his team sometimes brings prospects to town to throw other teams off Miami's scent.

Truth is important to NFL teams this time of year. Last year, there were rumors cornerback Vontae Davis was something of a problem child at Illinois and that was one reason he was available to Miami late in the first round.

The Dolphins recognized the truth about Davis and reaped a reward. And so it's important this year that Miami find out the truth about Dez Bryant.

Bryant is the next best hope the Dolphins have for solving their troubling lack of playmakers. He is this coming draft's best wide receiver. He was a play-making machine at Oklahoma State and most draft experts agree is can be that again in the NFL.

But Bryant also is something of a walking rumor -- one the Dolphins must unravel.

You've probably heard the rumors: Bryant is a bad guy from a bad background. The NCAA suspended him last year. He is trouble.

Well, here is the truth: Dez Bryant has never been arrested. He has never been busted for drugs. He has never been pulled over for DUI. He has never had a domestic battery issue or been violent in a bar or a locker room.

A FEW INCIDENTS

No, Bryant is not a saint. He did, in fact, lie to the NCAA last year when he panicked during an investigation into his relationship with Deion Sanders -- a relationship that was not against NCAA rules, by the way.

And Bryant is immature and did have troubles at Oklahoma State with being on time to team functions, including perhaps, arriving only 90 minutes before one game.

But a thug?

Not Dez Bryant.

He is 21 years old and although the tardiness suggests he is immature, he is also adult enough to know he has to address that issue.

That's the reason Bryant has hired a ``life skills coach,'' according to people who are close to him.

This coach is making sure Bryant follows a regimen and gets where he needs to be on time. This coach is making sure Bryant manages his life in an orderly manner. This life coach is basically helping Bryant develop habits that will allow him to be a responsible person and productive player.

And this coach is expected to be with Bryant until those habits are fully formed.

Well, you might wonder, why does Bryant need someone to help him learn the right habits at this stage in his life?

Because his life early on was a living hell.

DYSFUNCTIONAL START

Bryant was conceived when his mother was 12 years old. He is the product of what can legally be described as statutory rape, as his father was approximately 40 years old at the time.

Bryant's mom had three children by the time she was 18 and was in jail serving time for drug dealing by the time she was 23.

Bryant's father? He has been out of the picture since that fateful winter night when he kicked his pre-teen son out on the street because the kid took too much food out of the refrigerator.

Bryant lived wherever he could after that. He stayed with friends. He stayed with coaches. He even lived in cars for a short time.

Can you now understand why he doesn't have all the life skills down to a science?

Yet out of this depressing, distressing mess, Bryant is not a lost cause. He is, actually, a diamond in the rough, a grand possibility.

DOUBTS LINGER

Some NFL teams will surely look at Bryant and see a project they don't want to bother with. The Jacksonville Jaguars, for example, have reportedly taken him off their draft board.

But are those teams seeing the truth?

The truth is any man able to overcome the troubles Bryant has can certainly overcome the adversity of press coverage or the pressure of a fourth-quarter drive. Life punched Bryant in the mouth when he was a boy. He's not likely to get knocked out by the NFL's demands as a man.

The Dolphins will hopefully recognize the truth about Bryant. And they will hopefully be alert to the differences between his lack of skills and bounty of gifts.

The life skills Bryant lacks can be taught. But the football gifts he possess are rare, and either come naturally or never come at all.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/14/1577767/dez-bryant-a-diamond-in-the-rough.html#ixzz0lIqmd8PY

Doggcow
04-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Holy ****

DYSFUNCTIONAL START

Bryant was conceived when his mother was 12 years old. He is the product of what can legally be described as statutory rape, as his father was approximately 40 years old at the time.

Bryant's mom had three children by the time she was 18 and was in jail serving time for drug dealing by the time she was 23.

Bryant's father? He has been out of the picture since that fateful winter night when he kicked his pre-teen son out on the street because the kid took too much food out of the refrigerator.

Bryant lived wherever he could after that. He stayed with friends. He stayed with coaches. He even lived in cars for a short time.

Can you now understand why he doesn't have all the life skills down to a science?

Yet out of this depressing, distressing mess, Bryant is not a lost cause. He is, actually, a diamond in the rough, a grand possibility.

Can someone beat this ****heads ass to the brink of death? Seriously.

Houshyamama
04-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Dez Bryant has been my hunch for a few days now.

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 04:08 PM
All this means is that at the #11 spot, Bryant is a player the Broncos would consider taking. It also means he's on the board with 15 other players the Broncos would also consider taking at the number 11 spot. That's all it means.

The Broncos also have Bradford on their draft board. The Broncos also have Suh on their board. The Broncos also have McCoy on their board. Those three will be gone but they still have them on their board.

baja
04-16-2010, 04:15 PM
No but it is still fun to hate. But it really will make him a big joke if he drafts Dez. He got rid of Cutler for acting immature and handling one thing wrong in his career. He got rid of Marshall for being a distraction and getting in trouble. Sheffler is probably on his way out for the way he has acted.

You know what I think now when I see your name as the poster. Rinse & repeat.

Taco John
04-16-2010, 04:33 PM

God, I hope you're right. I wouldn't think we'd be going after Dez. What a terrible move if we do. I'd rather reach on Iupati than land Bryant there.

WolfpackGuy
04-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Hopefully a smoke screen to make some teams sweat.

They gotta trade down in my opinion.

baja
04-16-2010, 04:35 PM
After further research I am not opposed to Bryant but I think he will be trade down bait.

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 04:36 PM
God, I hope you're right. I wouldn't think we'd be going after Dez. What a terrible move if we do. I'd rather reach on Iupati than land Bryant there.

Why is that? why would it be a terrible move? So you're telling me you'd rather reach then draft a better player?

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 04:37 PM
After further research I am not opposed to Bryant but I think he will be trade down bait.

Could be... if you look at it as smoke screen and bait McDaniels played that **** off great...Hilarious!

At the end of the day - you know we're looking for a WR in the 1st 2 rounds...

Lestat
04-16-2010, 04:43 PM
i want McClain but i'd have no issue with Bryant as the pick. big strong and fast WR with return skills.
he'd be a nice replacement for Marshall and keep Royal as a #2 WR.

Popps
04-16-2010, 04:45 PM

I'll be the first one here to flame myself if we do.

But, we won't.

Delete the thread. :)

Taco John
04-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Why is that? why would it be a terrible move? So you're telling me you'd rather reach then draft a better player?

I don't believe that Bryant would make as big an impact on our offense on the whole as Iupati would.

Taco John
04-16-2010, 04:47 PM
i want McClain but i'd have no issue with Bryant as the pick. big strong and fast WR with return skills.

I would be happy with McClain, and honestly, that's where I think we're going.

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 04:50 PM
I don't believe that Bryant would make as big an impact on our offense on the whole as Iupati would.

Fair enough.

baja
04-16-2010, 04:50 PM

As long as it's not George Foster. ;D

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 04:54 PM

I do believe the Broncos are high on McClain - he kind of reminds me of Alphonso Smith as far as grading a player. Alphonso Smith was highly liked because of how smart he was and his knowledge of the game... and his play making/ball hawk abilities.

McClain is being valued in the same way whereas his knowledge of the game is pretty much the advantage he has over other LB's.

Personally though, from watching some of his videos - he's not a power tackler... he tackles a bit soft and does have trouble at times getting off blocks... but I guess he makes up for it for knowing where to be and being in the right positions.

He's no Rey Lewis.

Hamrob
04-16-2010, 04:55 PM
I'd love to get McClain and I wouldn't bitch about Bryant either. I've come to believe that Marshall leaving had more to do with him wanting to see Denver in his rear view mirror than McD moving a probowl player. But, it really doesn't matter at this point.

In regards to Bryant, he's talented...but, immature isn't something we need to be dealing with right now. I mean, what's he going to do when he's handed $10m in signing bonus money? Yeah, he had it rough as a kid, and I feel for him...but, he's not the player I want on our team. He's big and strong...but only has average speed and his maturity is nowhere near what it needs to be for him to stay out of trouble in the NFL as a millionaire!

Bronco CB40
04-16-2010, 04:56 PM
McDaniels doesn't like flamboyant players that march to their own beat. He wants robots that will conform to his ideology.

Taco John
I hate first round WRs. Not all of them. Some of them are worth it (see Calvin Johnson). But for the most part, they're just too expensive and don't live up to the billing.

Hamrob
I do believe the Broncos are high on McClain - he kind of reminds me of Alphonso Smith as far as grading a player. Alphonso Smith was highly liked because of how smart he was and his knowledge of the game... and his play making/ball hawk abilities.

McClain is being valued in the same way whereas his knowledge of the game is pretty much the advantage he has over other LB's.Bad comparison. You're talking about a kid that many thought had 1st round talent who was taken in the 2nd round and comparing him to a guy who everyone believes and is certain about going in the top-10. Big difference.

bowtown
04-16-2010, 04:58 PM
McDaniels doesn't like flamboyant players that march to their own beat. He wants robots that will conform to his ideology.

I love how smart, good character, professionals = sheep robots.

WolfpackGuy
04-16-2010, 05:01 PM
I hate first round WRs. Not all of them. Some of them are worth it (see Calvin Johnson). But for the most part, they're just too expensive and don't live up to the billing.

Marcus Nash disapproves of this message.

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Bad comparison. You're talking about a kid that many thought had 1st round talent who was taken in the 2nd round and comparing him to a guy who everyone believes and is certain about going in the top-10. Big difference.

Certain about going in the top-10?

lol are we comparing the same players? Who is "certain" to go in the top 10?

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 05:03 PM
You obviously weren't able to comprehend the post well.

I said he reminds me of Alphonso in the aspect where both players are being highly regarded to with their knowledge of the game aka being smart.

Dukes
04-16-2010, 05:05 PM

I heard on the light rail he puts in subliminal messages in scouting tape and serves chemically enhanced food during lunch. For real.

Bronco CB40
04-16-2010, 05:10 PM
I love how smart, good character, professionals = sheep robots.

I like McDaniels' effort to bring in guys that live, breath and sleep football.

Just don't go overboard with bringing in good character professionals like taking Richard Quinn in the late second.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-16-2010, 05:11 PM
If we stay at 11, i think i want weatherspoon

boppool
04-16-2010, 05:29 PM
That's great. I LIKE IT!

more smoke, the better...

Broncoman13
04-16-2010, 05:35 PM

The only reason we wouldn't is bc of McClain or a trade down. If we stay put and McClain is gone... Dez is it!

gunns
04-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Make it stop... Please!

Ditto.

jhns
04-16-2010, 06:18 PM
You know what I think now when I see your name as the poster. Rinse & repeat.

I think of Mexico when I see your name.

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 06:43 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3649/3293708869_8a7e4aa7dc.jpg

For those who saying "Dez is a big slow WR"... what the hell is your opinion on Marshall?

Bigdawg26
04-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah I think this is a complete smoke screen. I would rather Thomas anyway! Bigger and less trouble to deal with.

underrated29
04-16-2010, 08:07 PM
demarius thomas?? Seriously, He is a Marshall clone....

Dez Bryant will be a TOP 5 WR in the game. Better than Marshall will ever be. He is going to be right there with Larry fitz, AJ, megatron, Moss

For those who cant see this, they are blind, never watched his game tape, or are so easily swayed by media that they probably think its really santa claus on the doppler radar every year at Christmas..

I should just copy and paste my post from the other day...

Dez is better than ANY WR in this draft bar none
Dez is better than Crabtree, percy or any other wr from last year
Dez is better than desean Jax, royal and avery from couple years ago

Calvin Johnson is the ONLY WR that has come out in the last 4 years that may be better than him.

Dez is worth the #1 pick and HE WILL have a better career than Marshall!!

tsiguy96
04-16-2010, 08:09 PM
one thing to note, i believe it was adam schefter (not 100% sure) that said dez bryant for the first 3 years of his college career was ALWAYS the best player on the field. id have no problem taking him.

broncswin
04-16-2010, 08:10 PM
McClain or Bryant...I would not be pissed with either...I think Bryant will be fine and will be Josh's guy if he is brought in, which is a big difference from Cutty and Marsh

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 08:27 PM
http://www.6magazineonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/DezBryant_002.jpg

The thing that impresses me about him is the ability to make catches over people/with a lot of physical contact. I know for a fact McDaniels likes this about him - he's always preaching that you must win match ups.

underrated29
04-16-2010, 08:37 PM
http://www.6magazineonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/DezBryant_002.jpg

The thing that impresses me about him is the ability to make catches over people/with a lot of physical contact. I know for a fact McDaniels likes this about him - he's always preaching that you must win match ups.

Right!

Dez is one of the few....like 3 people in the NFL that can literally go up and get the ball....Randy Moss and Larry fitz are the best at it. If you have seen them play you know what I mean. They just get up up up and away and get the ball. No matter who is in coverage. Dez is BEYOND ELITE in this aspect. Which makes him virtually uncoverable. I know Megatron and AJ can do that too, but None do it better than Fitz and Moss. Dez is on par with those two for climbing the ladder and snatching it away from defenders.

BroncoInferno
04-16-2010, 08:53 PM
I wouldn't mind Dez, as I think the so-called character concerns are vastly overblown. That said, I would prefer to beef up the OL or DL (i.e. Dan Williams, Pouncey, Iupati, etc).

The MVPlaya
04-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Right!

Dez is one of the few....like 3 people in the NFL that can literally go up and get the ball....Randy Moss and Larry fitz are the best at it. If you have seen them play you know what I mean. They just get up up up and away and get the ball. No matter who is in coverage. Dez is BEYOND ELITE in this aspect. Which makes him virtually uncoverable. I know Megatron and AJ can do that too, but None do it better than Fitz and Moss. Dez is on par with those two for climbing the ladder and snatching it away from defenders.

And that is one thing... you cannot teach.

http://blog.newsok.com/bamsblog/files/2009/09/dez-bryant-catch1.jpg

Cosmo
04-16-2010, 09:04 PM
I have just finished watching some film on McClain.

Conclusions:
Positives:
His instincts are unparalleled. Guy seems to be in the right place at all times.
Rarely over runs the play (unlike someone we know DJ)
Was the leader of Alabama's Defense, made all the adjustments.

Negatives:
Rarely drives through his tackles, its almost as if he has been drilled to always wrap up (which he does well) but ends up looking soft as a tackler.
Knows where to be in coverage, but doesn't make many plays in coverage despite being in position to do so.

Overall:
You can't teach the type of instincts, size/speed combo. You can correct tackling. He is only a Junior too. I'd take him.

Have started watching tape on weatherspoon, so far I am not that impressed. He over runs plays a lot, plays a bit more like DJ does, good, but not near as instinctive.

Taco John
04-16-2010, 09:08 PM
I don't get this. If the guy is on your draft board, why would you come out and say that? He must not really be on our draft board. I mean, why would you show your hand like that? This has got to be misdirection.

Cosmo
04-16-2010, 09:16 PM
I don't get this. If the guy is on your draft board, why would you come out and say that? He must not really be on our draft board. I mean, why would you show your hand like that? This has got to be misdirection.

Either that, or we really have a lot of people we like in the first two rounds. His Tebow love talk scares me, mostly because I don't want to cut Brandstater to make room for him.

Dedhed
04-16-2010, 09:16 PM

I hope McClain isn't on our draft board.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-16-2010, 09:27 PM

Translation: Someone jump ahead of us and take Dez so the guy we really like falls to us.

Steve Sewell
04-16-2010, 10:08 PM

In other words he wants professionals.

On the topic of Bryant, if people would just go and watch some film on him, they'd be drooling.

baja
04-16-2010, 10:49 PM
Nice thread -

I'm going to go ahead and call it.

The fan base rift we have gone through this past year is now over.

Taco John
04-16-2010, 10:52 PM
Translation: Someone jump ahead of us and take Dez so the guy we really like falls to us.

That's what I'm thinking...

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 10:58 PM
If Dez Bryant is there at 11 and he's the top rated guy on the Broncos board, they have to take him. That is what the board is for. Now, if they can trade down and still get the guys on their board, then that's a great option too. They've had calls on trading down, #11 might arguably be the most valued draft spot in this whole draft.

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 11:03 PM
Fo Schizzle.

Arkie
04-16-2010, 11:12 PM

not if he was Shanny, but who knows?

gunns
04-16-2010, 11:14 PM
Marcus Nash disapproves of this message.

So does Ashley Lelie

baja
04-16-2010, 11:15 PM
not if he was Shanny, but who knows?

http://www.goldprice.org/NewCharts/gold/images/gold_3d_b_o_USD.png

gunns
04-16-2010, 11:22 PM

Dez Bryant will be a TOP 5 WR in the game. Better than Marshall will ever be. He is going to be right there with Larry fitz, AJ, megatron, Moss

For those who cant see this, they are blind, never watched his game tape, or are so easily swayed by media that they probably think its really santa claus on the doppler radar every year at Christmas..

Calvin Johnson is the ONLY WR that has come out in the last 4 years that may be better than him.

So what? A WR is never going to be the game changer a team, especially the Broncos, need to get to the next level. Johnson hasn't even done it for Detroit. He's a dynamite receiver but receivers just don't do that. About the only one I can think of is Jerry Rice. But look at the QB he had. That's what receivers are, a compliment to the QB. Their stats rarely stand on their own. It's ridiculous to think that taking Bryant or any WR in the first round would be a game changer for the Broncos, this year or any after.

Tombstone RJ
04-16-2010, 11:25 PM
So what? A WR is never going to be the game changer a team, especially the Broncos, need to get to the next level. Johnson hasn't even done it for Detroit. He's a dynamite receiver but receivers just don't do that. About the only one I can think of is Jerry Rice. But look at the QB he had. That's what receivers are, a compliment to the QB. Their stats rarely stand on their own. It's ridiculous to think that taking Bryant or any WR in the first round would be a game changer for the Broncos, this year or any after.

Actually, a game changer is a game changer and a big time WR can be the ultimate game changer. Trust me, Orton would value immediately with Bryant.

underrated29
04-16-2010, 11:26 PM

Well he is a definite game changer. But what you are alluding too has to do with the most important position in football. The QB. Are you suggesting we trade up for bradford or take Clausen at 11??

I didn't think so. So if the mighty quinn is all the JMFMCD hopes he is, he will need that gamechanger! Thats Dez.

How good were the vikings before randy moss, patriots, cards with fitz.....Great but not good enough to win the big dance...Now ask yourself how good were the colts before manning? Patriots before brady?........

But since we are not taking a QB at 11. We need to add the pieces to the TEAM to make up for our lack of ELITE QB. Enter Dez Bryant.

Arkie
04-16-2010, 11:27 PM
Anybody else notice the pattern of WRs drafted in the 1st round over the last six years? 6-1-6-0-6-? (prolly just dez)

watermock
04-16-2010, 11:42 PM
If Dez Bryant is there at 11 and he's the top rated guy on the Broncos board, they have to take him. That is what the board is for. Now, if they can trade down and still get the guys on their board, then that's a great option too. They've had calls on trading down, #11 might arguably be the most valued draft spot in this whole draft.

How amusing.

He could of had a bonaza.

Beavis will pick who fits his system.

Whatever that is.

This moron is hoping someone wants Dez.

That's as far as his carp mind goes.

We should take spiller or some RB, but won
t.

It's almost amusing.

Watch next week,.

watermock
04-16-2010, 11:45 PM
We spent 6 of 9 picks on offense last year.

Name one ..

Arkie
04-16-2010, 11:56 PM
carp mind?

The MVPlaya
04-17-2010, 12:29 AM
Mock, you've been posting pretty long posts, especially in the other thread... but now I know why you post the way you do and why you keep it short.

You are unable to post anything longer than 3 sentences that is anywhere near the 2nd grade level of writing. I almost feel bad for calling you mentally challenged so many times, in a serious manner... I almost feel bad because it's true.

Anyways man... whatever your opinions are I hope the Broncos win and you will be swayed into liking our coach.

The MVPlaya
04-17-2010, 12:33 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd18/Tlinzy10/Dez_Bryant2.jpg

Only once in a blue moon can you find a WR that doesn't need to be open to be open... a WR that isn't afraid of contact and will go up no matter whose in his way.

BroncoBuff
04-17-2010, 01:06 AM
He is 21 years old and although the tardiness suggests he is immature, he is also adult enough to know he has to address that issue. That's the reason Bryant has hired a ``life skills coach,'' according to people who are close to him.

This coach is making sure Bryant follows a regimen and gets where he needs to be on time. This coach is making sure Bryant manages his life in an orderly manner. This life coach is basically helping Bryant develop habits that will allow him to be a responsible person and productive player.

And this coach is expected to be with Bryant until those habits are fully formed.

He sounds more like Chris Cole than Brandon Marshall.

Which is a good thing ... if we draft him anyway.

Zoobie
04-17-2010, 02:01 AM
People who are anti WR or anti Dez need to pull their heads out of their asses. If you watch any college football, you know just how gifted this kid is.

Beantown Bronco
04-17-2010, 03:04 AM
We spent 6 of 9 picks on offense last year.

Really? Ayers, A Smith, McBath and Bruton......which of those 4 switched to offense when I wasn't looking?

Taco John
04-17-2010, 03:19 AM
Anybody else notice the pattern of WRs drafted in the 1st round over the last six years? 6-1-6-0-6-? (prolly just dez)

I actually did notice that. I was looking at that Friday afternoon when I was doing some research on successful first round WRs over the last 5 years, and was struck by the feast or famine nature of it. I also noticed, though, the amount of value that there was in the second round of some of these drafts relative to the value of some of the first rounders.

It seems to me that if the WR you're looking at in the first round isn't a physical freak, then he's probably not worth drafting high in the first round (I'm ok with a very late round pick, ala Reggie Wayne at 30). We're talking about the difference between getting Steve Smith with a third round contract, or David Terrell with a first round contract. Or Anquan Boldin with a second round contract, vs. Charls Rogers with a top two contract (I still don't understand how that happened).

I sure hope we don't take Bryant with our first round pick. I'd hope for the best, but even if he's the supposed BPA at the time, I'd rather see us draft either interior line (either side of the ball) or a LB.

The MVPlaya
04-17-2010, 03:27 AM
I actually did notice that. I was looking at that Friday afternoon when I was doing some research on successful first round WRs over the last 5 years, and was struck by the feast or famine nature of it. I also noticed, though, the amount of value that there was in the second round of some of these drafts relative to the value of some of the first rounders.

It seems to me that if the WR you're looking at in the first round isn't a physical freak, then he's probably not worth drafting high in the first round (I'm ok with a very late round pick, ala Reggie Wayne at 30). We're talking about the difference between getting Steve Smith with a third round contract, or David Terrell with a first round contract. Or Anquan Boldin with a second round contract, vs. Charls Rogers with a top two contract (I still don't understand how that happened).

I sure hope we don't take Bryant with our first round pick. I'd hope for the best, but even if he's the supposed BPA at the time, I'd rather see us draft either interior line (either side of the ball) or a LB.

Bryant isn't physical enough?

TDmvp
04-17-2010, 03:29 AM

I plan on just turning off the draft if we do that , logging on here and ripping the pick until Popps talks me off the ledge or i get banned for photo shopping Josh as Pol Pot which ever comes first LOL ... :)

and Yea I would rather see us drafting fat people as well ...

The MVPlaya
04-17-2010, 03:30 AM
If we draft interior line with the 11th pick, we'll be reaching...

Taco John
04-17-2010, 03:32 AM
Bryant isn't physical enough?

I wouldn't draft him in the top 15. Though he may turn out to be worth it, my point is that there is plenty of value to be found in the second, and even upper third round. Plus, I didn't say he wasn't physical enough. He's just not a physical freak like a Randy Moss or a Calvin Johnson.

extralife
04-17-2010, 03:44 AM
Or Anquan Boldin with a second round contract, vs. Charls Rogers with a top two contract (I still don't understand how that happened).

People always say this, but at the time Rogers had no doubters. He was about as dominant a college receiver as anyone before him and he had all the physical tools. I thought he looked really good as a rookie before he got hurt--from there it was all injuries and drugs, rather than a player that couldn't hack it.

WolfpackGuy
04-17-2010, 07:10 AM
I thought he looked really good as a rookie before he got hurt--from there it was all injuries and drugs, rather than a player that couldn't hack it.

Agreed. Charles Rogers could actually play.

What a waste of talent.

chex
04-17-2010, 07:25 AM
I'd like to see Dan Williams, but I think McDaniels loaded up on DL in FA to not be pigeonholed into taking him. McDaniels is an offensive guy, so it would not be surprising to see the top 3 picks go to that side of the ball. I don't think Bryant will be the pick, as there are a few guys who will be there at 43. I see Spiller in the 1st, and a WR & G/C combo in the 2nd.

tsiguy96
04-17-2010, 08:03 AM
to show how highly he is ranked:

• Finally, every source I’ve spoken to has said his team is willing to take a long, hard look at Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Broncos-say-Dez-Bryant-remains-on-their-draft-board.html) – even if it means taking him over one of their outlined needs -- if he falls into the teens on draft day.

cousinal11
04-17-2010, 08:23 AM

Agree 100%.

But, I don't think we'll take him.

Tombstone RJ
04-17-2010, 08:31 AM
How amusing.

He could of had a bonaza.

Beavis will pick who fits his system.

Whatever that is.

This moron is hoping someone wants Dez.

That's as far as his carp mind goes.

We should take spiller or some RB, but won
t.

It's almost amusing.

Watch next week,.

No worries, I'll be watching. It'd be nice if you could enjoy the draft with an open mind but that ain't gonna happen.

gunns
04-17-2010, 09:30 AM
Well he is a definite game changer. But what you are alluding too has to do with the most important position in football. The QB. Are you suggesting we trade up for bradford or take Clausen at 11??

I didn't think so. So if the mighty quinn is all the JMFMCD hopes he is, he will need that gamechanger! Thats Dez.

How good were the vikings before randy moss, patriots, cards with fitz.....Great but not good enough to win the big dance...Now ask yourself how good were the colts before manning? Patriots before brady?........

But since we are not taking a QB at 11. We need to add the pieces to the TEAM to make up for our lack of ELITE QB. Enter Dez Bryant.

I am not suggesting we take a QB. Especially in this draft. What I'm saying is that WR are a dime a dozen. Jerry Rice was one of the few who was in every game giving a solid performance and was a reason the 49ers were in every game. How good were the Patriots before Randy Moss? They won SB's. How good have they been since getting Moss? No SB's.

Sorry, I'm into winning games but I'm more into SB's and a WR is not going to be the factor that gets you there. Look at what Elway did with Eddie Mac (3rd round), Rod Smith (UDFA) and Shannon Sharpe (7th round). You do not need to take the overrated WR in the first round. Check out the past 20 years of 1st round WR. 7-8 out of 70 turned out great. There are many more in the later rounds that will be good if not better. If Dez falls to the 2nd round I have no problem, although I do have a sneaky feeling he's going to be one of those overrated receivers.

jhns
04-17-2010, 10:01 AM
I just don't understand how you can get rid of Cutler for being a diva once and then draft the next diva receiver. It doesn't make sense. There is talk that he was late to classes and practices. Everything I read says he is just like a lot of the other diva receivers in attitude. You really think the locker room would respect McDaniels after the Cutler drama? It's not like I am against Bryant. I want Cutler and Marshall. I just don't get how you can hate Cutler and think it was a good idea to get rid of him for being a diva while saying Bryant is a great fit. Maybe all of this "he isn't a criminal" talk can be followed by the laws Cutler broke....

tsiguy96
04-17-2010, 10:03 AM
I just don't understand how you can get rid of Cutler for being a diva once and then draft the next diva receiver. It doesn't make sense. There is talk that he was late to classes and practices. Everything I read says he is just like a lot of the other diva receivers in attitude. You really think the locker room would respect McDaniels after the Cutler drama? It's not like I am against Bryant. I want Cutler and Marshall. I just don't get how you can hate Cutler and think it was a good idea to get rid of him for being a diva while saying Bryant is a great fit. Maybe all of this "he isn't a criminal" talk can be followed by the laws Cutler broke....

cutler was a whiny baby and called denver fans a 6. he pouted more than anyone, was a liability in games just as much as he won them, and thought he was above the team beause his name came up in trade talks. thats different than being a bonehead.

Tombstone RJ
04-17-2010, 10:03 AM

If the Broncos feel they can bring Bryant into a stable situation with good team mentors, then they may feel he's too talented to pass up. McD may feel he can mold Bryant into a great WR and maybe keep him in check off the field by surrounding him with high character teammates.

Archer81
04-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I dont understand why Cutler is bring brought up in a thread about Dez Bryant...

:Broncos:

jhns
04-17-2010, 10:11 AM
If the Broncos feel they can bring Bryant into a stable situation with good team mentors, then they may feel he's too talented to pass up. McD may feel he can mold Bryant into a great WR and maybe keep him in check off the field by surrounding him with high character teammates.

Has it not been a point that we are now a character team though? How is that message made clear by spending big money on the one guy with real concerns in that area? You can't tell me the signs aren't there. I don't see him being drafted by us.

Tombstone RJ
04-17-2010, 10:18 AM
Has it not been a point that we are now a character team though? How is that message made clear by spending big money on the one guy with real concerns in that area? You can't tell me the signs aren't there. I don't see him being drafted by us.

I agree. I don't dispute your opinion. McD probably won't draft Bryant unless he has to. That is, he's the top rated guy on their board and he can't trade out of the number 11 spot.

Dedhed
04-17-2010, 10:51 AM
I think the "character" thing has been completely overstated in regards to McDaniels. I don't think he's looking for squeaky clean guys as much as he's looiking for guys with great football character. After all his mentor signed Mossand Chris Baker is a Bronco.

Cutler had terrible football character, as do Marshall and Scheffler. I don't think McD cares as much about what happens "off the field" as people are suggesting as long as a player is willing to lay everything on the line for the team.

HAT
04-17-2010, 11:23 AM
I want Cutler and Marshall.

We know bro, we know.

HAT
04-17-2010, 11:24 AM
I dont understand why Cutler is bring brought up in a thread about Dez Bryant...

:Broncos:

It's jhns....He can't let go.