PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to Broncos?

JCMElway
04-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Just heard La Canfora on NFL Network suggest we might actually package our two 2nd round picks to trade up and draft Tebow.

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.....

BroncoBen
04-15-2010, 08:41 AM
Why in the world would the Broncos have to 'Trade Up' to get Tebow ? If anything Tebow may be there when the Broncos draft in the 2nd round.

Rohirrim
04-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Do we really need a backup TE that much?

Seriously, if the Broncos were to pull that kind of ****, I climb aboard the "Fire McD" train. I kid you not.

Br0nc0Buster
04-15-2010, 08:47 AM
wow
that would be retarded

theAPAOps5
04-15-2010, 08:47 AM
I will buy a billboard on Arapahoe Rd with a giant picture of a middle finger and McD next to it if this were to happen.

Ludicrous move if that happens. Ugh I hope that was just speculation, which I am sure it is.

Broncoman13
04-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Tebow will go in the first round and he will sell a ton of tickets and jerseys... wherever he ends up. If he ends up in Jacksonville that will be even more so.

Honestly, I could see the Bills, Jags, STEELERS, Seahawks, and Niners taking him in the first round. The Browns could package their high 2nd and one of their 3 3rd round picks to move back into the first to get him. Honestly don't see a scenario where he isn't a first round pick.

That said, I hope we don't throw picks out to acquire him. If he were to somehow fall to 43, well I wouldn't be upset but I don't think he is the answer either.

Requiem
04-15-2010, 08:59 AM
This better not happen.

eddie mac
04-15-2010, 09:05 AM
These idiots are struggling for viewers period so they have to throw some **** against a wall.

cmhargrove
04-15-2010, 09:09 AM
I hope that someone takes him in the first so more good players drop to our second round picks.

I don't know that he will be any better than Brady Quinn in the NFL. And we won't likely know about Quinn's potential for another year or so.

TheReverend
04-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Dude is such an enigma.

Conventional wisdom in his playstyle is that he'll bust as an NFL QB.

But the guy is such a good guy and hard worker and has sooooo many intangibles and measurables that betting against him is simply something I won't do.

peacepipe
04-15-2010, 09:31 AM
I would, I don't see a bright future in the NFL for Tebow. He'll sell tickets until everybody sees he's a bust.

PRBronco
04-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Haha, McD would totally do this, because it's the last thing the Mane wants him to do. Right after he spends the first on Dez Bryant.

Actually though, all you have to do is ask yourself "would the Patriots do it?" They seem more interested in developing mid round quarterbacks, it would be a very unbelichek thing to do, so for that reason I don't see it happening.

TailgateNut
04-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Do we really need a backup TE that much?

Seriously, if the Broncos were to pull that kind of ****, I climb aboard the "Fire McD" train. I kid you not.

If the Broncos draft that kid I'll have a bunch of tickets and an RV for sale

Archer81
04-15-2010, 09:51 AM
If the Broncos package picks to move UP to get Tebow, I wont be in love with it. If we use a 2nd to pick him up...then I am ok with it.

As The Rev said, he has too many intangibles to just totally ignore him as a player. If he sticks at QB...that will be one crazy position battle in a few years. Which would be an indicator of how the Broncos view the team, either "win now at all costs" or build through the draft and compete in 2011 and beyond.

:Broncos:

DBroncos4life
04-15-2010, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't even be mad if we drafted him. I would get a kick out of seeing the "other side" pissed at McD for a change.

TailgateNut
04-15-2010, 09:58 AM
I wouldn't even be mad if we drafted him. I would get a kick out of seeing the "other side" pissed at McD for a change.

What an ignorant reason to draft someone. (let's do it to piss of the mane):spit:

Archer81
04-15-2010, 10:02 AM
What an ignorant reason to draft someone. (let's do it to piss of the mane):spit:

That reason alone has me hoping it happens.

underrated29
04-15-2010, 10:03 AM
i AM All for Tebow, but NOT for trading up for him. We need all of our picks. We have zero firepower on offense and need the lines shored up and need some youth in the back defense....

Tebow at #43- cool.

But he will go before then, so we are going to have to move up. Probably #45 and a 4th to move up 7 slots to get him and i will not be happy.

DBroncos4life
04-15-2010, 10:05 AM

I actually like Tim Tebow hence why I said I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him. I think we could draft him without having to trade the two seconds though, and I think it is a much more possible idea.

I said yesterday that the Pats love Bryant. No way can they get him at 22 so they trade with us and we pick up the 22nd and 44th for the 11th. 22nd would be used on Tebow and the other three 2nd rounders on the targets that we worked out.

TailgateNut
04-15-2010, 10:06 AM
That reason alone has me hoping it happens.

Draft weekend is going to be ****ed up enough with Lex and dragster back from vacation. We don't need any stupid draft moves to "dumb down" the activity on this board. It's already foggy enough in here.

DBroncos4life
04-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Draft weekend is going to be ****ed up enough with Lex and dragster back from vacation. We don't need any stupid draft moves to "dumb down" the activity on this board. It's already foggy enough in here.

Funny thing is dragster likes Tebow as well. Ha!

TailgateNut
04-15-2010, 10:09 AM
Funny thing is dragster likes Tebow as well. Ha!

That figures!:spit:

Archer81
04-15-2010, 10:11 AM

But its pretty amusing.

GoHAM
04-15-2010, 10:15 AM
McD's ulterior motive behind the Brandon Marshall trade is finally revealed!

He needed to free up the #15 jersey for Tebow, it all makes sense now!:spit:

That said I wouldn't mind spending one 2nd on him, not both.

_Oro_
04-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Just heard La Canfora on NFL Network suggest we might actually package our two 2nd round picks to trade up and draft Tebow.

Apparently La Can is reading the mane these days.

NFLBRONCO
04-15-2010, 10:22 AM
We might trade 2011 #1 to get it done

bowtown
04-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Please make it stop.

ColoradoBuff
04-15-2010, 10:57 AM
no thanks!

chaz
04-15-2010, 09:18 PM
I really like Tebow, and I believe he is going to do anything and everything it takes to succeed.

Also think McD would do wonders for him. Hope he's there in the second.

PRBronco
04-15-2010, 09:27 PM
I really like Tebow, and I believe he is going to do anything and everything it takes to succeed.

Also think McD would do wonders for him. Hope he's there in the second.

I wonder if he would be willing to OK a woman's right to choose? :stirstir:

Bronco CB40
04-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Dude is such an enigma.

Conventional wisdom in his playstyle is that he'll bust as an NFL QB.

But the guy is such a good guy and hard worker and has sooooo many intangibles and measurables that betting against him is simply something I won't do.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

DBroncos4life
04-16-2010, 05:13 AM
I don't know if I have seen a QB get back in the 7 step drop as fast as Tebow ever.

oubronco
04-16-2010, 05:53 AM

Wouldn't suprise me one little bit if McD done this

WolfpackGuy
04-16-2010, 06:02 AM
I'm all for a late round flyer, but no way in hell should the Broncos take him before the third round.

He can't throw. You might has well tell the defense what play is coming when he enters the game.

Drek
04-16-2010, 07:00 AM
I'd be ok with Tebow with one of the two 2nds. If he goes to a team with a staff that knows how to develop QBs (which we have) and where he can sit for at least one, probably two, years he could be a really special player.

He's got some technique issues but to generalize it as "he can't throw" is just flat out wrong. He has a slow release and he starts the ball low which only makes matters worse, but he's shown some improvement in those areas already with limited work. He has a hard time getting to the 3rd and 4th read but then almost every college QB does. He shows great NFL arm strength, poise in the pocket, and a feel for making the big plays though.

TheReverend
04-16-2010, 07:05 AM

If we want him that bad, I'd rather we used 11 on him than our 2nds.

gyldenlove
04-16-2010, 07:06 AM
Why the hell would we want Tebow? he can't throw the ****ing football

SonOfLe-loLang
04-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Actually, i think Tebow goes in the first round. Some team is gonna move up and grab him. I hope we dont trade both our seconds to do it though

broncos-rock
04-16-2010, 09:27 AM
We don't need to be giving away picks.....if anything trade with the eagles and move back in the 1st(25) and pick up an additional pick. We need players and there is better value for the money in the 2nf round

yerner
04-16-2010, 09:30 AM
That was a confirmed rumor?

chaz
04-16-2010, 09:46 AM
I wonder if he would be willing to OK a woman's right to choose? :stirstir:

was this intended to be relevant/funny/...?

theAPAOps5
04-16-2010, 09:47 AM
If we want him that bad, I'd rather we used 11 on him than our 2nds.

There is a point to that because you want to keep the picks for this draft with all the depth you have.

I also see your point about not betting against him but ugh he just does not look like a pro QB.

chaz
04-16-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm all for a late round flyer, but no way in hell should the Broncos take him before the third round.

yeah, let's take tebow in the third, eric berry in the second, maybe take a flier on golden tate in the fourth...

Dedhed
04-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Funny thing is dragster likes Tebow as well. Ha!That sounds about right.

Triplelefthook
04-16-2010, 10:35 AM
none of this matters because we will not draft Tebow. book it

FireFly
04-18-2010, 09:12 PM
I'd take him in the 2nd.

Happily. I'd even trade up a little to get him in the 2nd.

NOT with our 1st - unless we've traded back to the bottom of the 1st and even then it'd be iffy for me

Momentum
04-19-2010, 12:09 AM
I will buy a billboard on Arapahoe Rd with a giant picture of a middle finger and McD next to it if this were to happen.

Ludicrous move if that happens. Ugh I hope that was just speculation, which I am sure it is.

I would send Paypal to get this done, and I love McDaniels. But NO to Tim Tebow.

Broncoman13
04-25-2010, 10:36 AM

So Nut, how much are you selling the whole lot for?

azbroncfan
04-25-2010, 10:52 AM

I am interested in your Seattle game tickets. What do you want for them?

theAPAOps5
04-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Well I didn't buy a billboard and actually found myself excited about the trade up to get him! :spit:

I think its because the Broncos traded down twice and used others picks to get him.

Gcver2ver3
04-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Well I didn't buy a billboard and actually found myself excited about the trade up to get him! :spit:

I think its because the Broncos traded down twice and used others picks to get him.

this...

i was in denial at 1st, but i had to be honest with myself and admit that i am excited over the tebow pick...and its for mainly for the reason you illustrated...

we traded down to gather additional picks that in essensence gave us an "extra" 1st round pick...we decided to take a gamble with that pick on a player that has a chance to be special...

add that in with the fact that we had a great draft aside from the Tebow pick...i feel pretty good about things right now...

Finger Roll
04-25-2010, 02:30 PM
none of this matters because we will not draft Tebow. book it

good call

ChSuperStar
05-02-2010, 08:27 PM

Did you do this ?

theAPAOps5
05-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Did you do this ?

How about reading the rest of thread......

But I will make it easy on you as you didn't read past page 1:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2823328&postcount=50

RhymesayersDU
05-02-2010, 08:47 PM
Threads like this need to be kept forever.

Book it!