PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else feel completely neutral about Marshall?

Doggcow
04-14-2010, 11:08 PM
I really have no strong feelings one way or the other bout Marshall:

1) I'm not mad at him for leaving, or for getting into a bunch of trouble.
2) I'm not mad we got rid of him, for 2, 2nd's as I think that is fair for both sides since this is a deep draft.
3) I am not mad that he got paid. I think he deserves it after the way he played on the field, but his off the field issues make it a neutral subject for me also.

Anyone else totally marginal about the whole ordeal? lol

~Crash~
04-14-2010, 11:15 PM
well at some point we do need to field a team..

baja
04-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Sad he's and glad he gone so I guess I am nurtural too.

baja
04-14-2010, 11:17 PM
I still support Josh and still think he will be a great coach for us but he's got two more seasons to show me

Taco John
04-14-2010, 11:20 PM
I am more resigned than anything. It's just part of the hangover to me. It had to happen. Anyone could see that there's no way Josh could risk keeping Marshall around in the lockerroom. If he were to run into another problem with Brandon, it would undermine Josh's credibility at a time when you can't have that.

baja
04-14-2010, 11:22 PM
I am more resigned than anything. It's just part of the hangover to me. It had to happen. Anyone could see that there's no way Josh could risk keeping Marshall around in the lockerroom. If he were to run into another problem with Brandon, it would undermine Josh's credibility at a time when you can't have that.

I will give Josh & X kudos for getting 2 #2's

baja
04-14-2010, 11:23 PM
Now if we can get a 3rd for Schef we could build a hell of a core

Broncosfreak_56
04-14-2010, 11:24 PM
I am just worried that we will not have enough playmakers on the offensive side. We need to address that, along with the guard/center position with our top 3 picks.

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 11:25 PM
I can see why this trade happened and it might be best for both sides to move on. The part I have trouble with is we are weakening our offense. We already struggled on offense last year. Expecting new guys to pick up system real fast is not likely. We took Ortons biggest security blanket that is more durable then any other WR on our roster. I'm real curious to see how high FO actually drafts a WR.

I hope he realizes that while bolstering C G is needed badly its not our only issue on offense. Even if he overhauls O in a massive way 2010 will be a wash like 09 was learning the system.

DBroncos4life
04-14-2010, 11:26 PM
It's hard to be upset when you knew it was coming. We had every reason not to pay him and he had every reason to want to be paid. Most of me knows it's going to be very hard to replace him though. Hopefully we can land at least one pro bowl caliber player from the deal. If we don't and he continues to produce without getting into trouble it will be a hard trade to swallow.

baja
04-14-2010, 11:28 PM
It's hard to be upset when you knew it was coming. We had every reason not to pay him and he had every reason to want to be paid. Most of me knows it's going to be very hard to replace him though. Hopefully we can land at least one pro bowl caliber player from the deal. If we don't and he continues to produce without getting into trouble it will be a hard trade to swallow.

I agree with all of this especially the last line.

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Denver must draft very well

BroncoBuff
04-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Sad we'll have to wait so long for the draft picks, and future draft picks, to develop.

lex
04-14-2010, 11:37 PM
For now I am. It all depends on where they go from here and how they re-constitute the roster. I dont think they should have traded him for what they got...but again, it depends on how they re-constitute the roster.

DBroncos4life
04-14-2010, 11:38 PM

This year more then ever. No one knows how many juniors will leave next year. Even if some do they will be locks for the first round. I have a hard time being impressed with the 2 2nd's we got for Marshall with that in mind. Lots can change come 2011 though.

~Crash~
04-14-2010, 11:39 PM

Well that is only part of it . Getting them signed cost us last year badly .

watermock
04-14-2010, 11:42 PM
So now what?

The Broncos are becoming the laughing stock of the NFL.

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 11:43 PM
We need to draft well this year to be ready to make strides in 2011. Orton will have to be more comfy in the pocket because Orton will have to pass the ball around more in 2010.

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 11:44 PM
Well that is only part of it . Getting them signed cost us last year badly .

Yes this too

baja
04-14-2010, 11:45 PM
So now what?

The Broncos are becoming the laughing stock of the NFL.

That's what they are saying on the NFL Network.

watermock
04-14-2010, 11:46 PM
Sorry, but I'm not sold on our "draft corps".

This team is incredibly secretive about everything.

I can't wait for the next ****up.

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 11:47 PM
When don't they rip Denver on NFL Network

watermock
04-14-2010, 11:48 PM
We need to draft well this year to be ready to make strides in 2011. Orton will have to be more comfy in the pocket because Orton will have to pass the ball around more in 2010.

Ha!

Denver doesn't even have a center or guard.

baja
04-14-2010, 11:49 PM
Sorry, but I'm not sold on our "draft corps".

This team is incredibly secretive about everything.

I can't wait for the next ****up.

I thought I was reading a Bob post than I looked up and see it's from a so called Bronco fan. What's up with that.

DBroncos4life
04-14-2010, 11:50 PM
That's what they are saying on the NFL Network.

That is the number one reason I listened to sirius during my drive home from my brothers today. Really it was just 4 hours of Phins fans being stoked that they landed Marshall. I didn't catch many Broncos fans calling in even though the hosts wanted them too.

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 11:54 PM
Ha!

Denver doesn't even have a center or guard.

Mock I do expect them too after the draft.

~Crash~
04-14-2010, 11:54 PM
I thought I was reading a Bob post than I looked up and see it's from a so called Bronco fan. What's up with that.

You act like we were world beaters the last 8 games .

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 11:55 PM
I think Denver needs

C G WR WR/RB added to offense we'll see what Baskin thinks next weekend.

~Crash~
04-14-2010, 11:56 PM
We lost to KC for god's sake

DBroncos4life
04-15-2010, 12:17 AM
I wonder how Seattle fans feel about this. I mean had they not swapped 2nd rounders for Whitehurst they could have upped the offer some (40 vs 45)

watermock
04-15-2010, 12:34 AM
The Tuna took a big gamble is what hapened.

watermock
04-15-2010, 12:37 AM
He's got to match Rex.

NE is done.

It's the Jets vs. Miami now.

Popps
04-15-2010, 12:49 AM
He's an idiot. **** 'em.

The MVPlaya
04-15-2010, 01:59 AM
I really have no strong feelings one way or the other bout Marshall:

1) I'm not mad at him for leaving, or for getting into a bunch of trouble.
2) I'm not mad we got rid of him, for 2, 2nd's as I think that is fair for both sides since this is a deep draft.
3) I am not mad that he got paid. I think he deserves it after the way he played on the field, but his off the field issues make it a neutral subject for me also.

Anyone else totally marginal about the whole ordeal? lol

I think this is best way to describe me too right now: NEUTRAL.

1. We got fair value, better than what everyone was expecting - but less than what we tagged him for (essentially).

2. He got the largest NFL WR contract ever, which he probably deserved, but he's obviously not the best WR in the league... Calvin should get a bigger contract.

3. We wanted to trade him - it was written on the wall that he was going to be gone. This is a emphasis that needs to be carried out - WITH OR WITHOUT SHANAHAN MARSHALL WOULD HAVE BEEN GONE.

Similar to the Santonio Holmes situation and the Steelers... but we didn't end up with a 5th.

It's hard to digest that Marshall isn't a Bronco anymore - but it was written on the wall and it's reality.

Moving forward... it's about progression.

chadta
04-15-2010, 04:13 AM
totally agree with the original post, kinda sadhes gone cuz he was a beast, but glad we got somethign for him before he got suspended, altho i do totally support mc D and his quest for a room full of TEAM guys , and not me guys.

I coach my sons hockey and soccer, yes hes only 6 but you can already tell which players are team first and which kids just want the personal stats, my son was upset one game this year after getting 5 goals and 4 assists, why, the team lost 11-10, i hope he keeps that with him growing up.

Garcia Bronco
04-15-2010, 05:40 AM
I just don't really care. On the one hand he's a force on the field. On the other Darrent Williams is dead in part because of his actions. Javon's life is ruined in part because of his actions. He frequently embrassed the team and the people of Colorado.

worm
04-15-2010, 06:36 AM
I just don't really care. On the one hand he's a force on the field. On the other Darrent Williams is dead in part because of his actions. Javon's life is ruined in part because of his actions. He frequently embrassed the team and the people of Colorado.

He was also responsible for the budget deficit, not finding weapons of mass destruction and the loss of the honeybee population on this continent.

baja
04-15-2010, 06:43 AM

LOL You crack me up Garcia tell be how does a dumb ass football player embarrass the people of Colorado.

Hogan11
04-15-2010, 06:46 AM

Just pay the Man and all will be okay ::)

Hogan11
04-15-2010, 06:48 AM
I'm kinda surprised by the deal he got in spite of all the off field stuff, the feuding with the HC and basically packing it in after he got his record...but whatever, he's finally gone, time to move on and that's that.

Garcia Bronco
04-15-2010, 06:49 AM
LOL You crack me up Garcia tell be how does a dumb ass football player embarrass the people of Colorado.

If you don't understand already, then nothing I tell you will make you understand.

Sorry

TheDave
04-15-2010, 06:51 AM
I'm numb at this point...

2 years ago I though guys like Cutler and marshall were the cornerstone of a bright young offense. Now their both gone and in their place is KO, 2 #1's, 2 #2's and 1 #3.

Between FA, the draft, and trades McD has completely remade this team in just 2 years.

All we can do is hope for the best.

DenverBrit
04-15-2010, 06:53 AM
I'll miss his production.

That's it, I've got nothing else.