PDA

View Full Version : When will Doom be traded

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 08:43 PM
I think the real issue is no longterm deals by us. I can see this getting ugly too. I do not think for a second Doom will play on a 1 yr Tender he will hold out. Unless Doom signs longterm I will get the thought it was no longterm deals period and had nothing to do with BM antics or off the field stuff.

We all know how FO handles problems they move them. Until he signs I'll wonder.

1 and 3 expires the 16th. He can wait til June to sign a tender right.

Archer81
04-14-2010, 08:44 PM
...I dont think he's going anywhere.

:Broncos:

strafen
04-14-2010, 08:45 PM
He's not going to play for misery money. Not after he saw what Marshall's got.
Dumervil deserves to be paid like the top players at his position.

Rabb
04-14-2010, 08:48 PM
Doom is not even close to the same situation as the other two problems Denver traded. He will get paid because he not only produces but shockingly he doesn't get arrested, doesn't **** off in practice, doesn't disrespect the team and actually finishes seasons after pro bowl voting. Funny how that works.

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 08:49 PM
He's not going to play for misery money. Not after he saw what Marshall's got.
Dumervil deserves to be paid like the top players at his position.

I agree that is why I posted this thread this is our next sticky situation.

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Doom is not even close to the same situation as the other two problems Denver traded. He will get paid because he not only produces but shockingly he doesn't get arrested, doesn't **** off in practice, doesn't disrespect the team and actually finishes seasons after pro bowl voting. Funny how that works.

I know its different in many ways but, if Bowlen doesn't want to pay a longterm deals now I doubt Doom will play on his 1 yr tender without a holdout. Its something to watch.

scttgrd
04-14-2010, 08:52 PM

So you think he plays on the cheap out of the kindness of his heart? Never mind that he has earned a generous payday denied him by the current circumstance. What a selfless guy!

strafen
04-14-2010, 08:53 PM
I agree that is why I posted this thread this is our next sticky situation.

My guess is that he will hold out, and then they will try to work out a deal. Hopefully sooner than later...

Hamrob
04-14-2010, 08:53 PM
Doom is a pass rusher only. A very good one...that we need on our team...but, whether or not we want to pay $50m for his services or not is debatable.

Rabb
04-14-2010, 08:57 PM
So you think he plays on the cheap out of the kindness of his heart? Never mind that he has earned a generous payday denied him by the current circumstance. What a selfless guy!

Did you bother to read what I wrote? I said he'd get paid because he's a solid player. My point is that this has nothing to do with Bowlen not wanting to pay someone, it has to do with Bowlen not wanting to pay someone that's a risk.

Thanks for putting words in my mouth though.

misturanderson
04-14-2010, 08:58 PM
I know its different in many ways but, if Bowlen doesn't want to pay a longterm deals now I doubt Doom will play on his 1 yr tender without a holdout. Its something to watch.

And how many resricted free agents from other teams have been extended so far? Doom not being signed to a long term deal means absolutely nothing at this point.

The Marshall thing wasn't just about money, it was about paying a lot of guaranteed money to a guy that has a history of behavior that gets him suspended.

Man-Goblin
04-14-2010, 08:58 PM
He enters a contract year like just about 200 other RFAs that got screwed by the collective bargaining agreement. It sucks for him, it really does, because he has to produce for a year longer than his predecessors.

It really makes no more sense for the Broncos to give him a fat contract this year than it would to give any young player under contract. It's just not going to happen.

But I have no doubt he will produce in 2010 and he will get a contract similar to the one Terrell Suggs signed (after the new CBS is agreed upon).

I just hope it is with the Broncos.

Caveat Lector
04-14-2010, 09:00 PM
How many RFAs got contract extensions this year?

Teams aren't signing these guys long term because of the uncertainty with the CBA, and the fact that they can most likely keep these guys for another 2 years on the cheap.

The fact that Dumervil hasn't been locked up doesn't mean that Denver 'don't do long-term deals'. If someone put an offer sheet out on Dumervil, I dare say Denver would have matched it...

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 09:04 PM
And how many resricted free agents from other teams have been extended so far? Doom not being signed to a long term deal means absolutely nothing at this point.

The Marshall thing wasn't just about money, it was about paying a lot of guaranteed money to a guy that has a history of behavior that gets him suspended.

I'm just saying its something to watch.

BroncoBuff
04-14-2010, 09:11 PM
No no ... the defensive guys have no problems. Champ, Woodyard, DJ, Haggan, MT, Dumervil, they're all cool despite being Shanahan players.

It's the offensive guys, Josh's purview, who are in quasi-mutiny mode.

Your question should be: When will Ryan Clady be traded? hmmm...

BroncoBuff
04-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Trade Ryan Clady for, say ... Gosder Cherilus and another 2nd round pick?

After all, Clady's game dropped off in his second year, and Ryan Harris can play left tackle.

Food for thought.

BroncoBuff
04-14-2010, 09:15 PM
Trade Ryan Clady for, say ... Gosder Cherilus and another 2nd round pick?

How about we keep offing players until we have the ENTIRE second round of the draft?

Wouldn't THAT be exciting!

watermock
04-14-2010, 09:17 PM
...and the last from the historic '06 class will end ugly as well.

He's not going to sign. He won't sign the tender unless a big contract is out there, and he's not an all around OLB.

I think he'll hold out to be traded to Miami and Beavis won't do it.

Beavis hold him hostage.

Just watch.

This team is bailing like rats.

lex
04-14-2010, 09:29 PM
Doom is the one exception that has benefited from the regime change. Im sure he likes being utilized in a way that suits him. Its hard to imagine he would be unhappy unless he has his own interpersonal conflicts with McDonalds. But it seems more likely he is open to staying in Denver.

robbieopperude
04-14-2010, 09:34 PM
I don't see many RFA's signing because owners are concerned over the collective bargaining agreement. They aren't going to handout guaranteed money upfront and then have a guy sit out a year if there is no NFL next year(chances very slim). Has Vincent Jackson signed his deal yet?

I also could see Doom being moved after next year. This guy has high value based on his pass rushing abilities but isn't the best run stuffer. If we got a 1st and a 3rd for him I think Denver wouldn't have matched the offer sheet this year. As is he will be back with Denver on his 1 year tender and I think the odds we resign him to a quality contract are very high. The 3/4 requires good rush LB's and he is very good at that. If something can't work out he will be franchised and make about millions the year after next.

Popps
04-14-2010, 09:36 PM
I can't tell if this thread is a joke or not.

Tombstone RJ
04-14-2010, 09:39 PM
How about we keep offing players until we have the ENTIRE second round of the draft?

Wouldn't THAT be exciting!

Did you really just quote your own post? Talk about super lame.

lex
04-14-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't see many RFA's signing because owners are concerned over the collective bargaining agreement. They aren't going to handout guaranteed money upfront and then have a guy sit out a year if there is no NFL next year(chances very slim). Has Vincent Jackson signed his deal yet?

I also could see Doom being moved after next year. This guy has high value based on his pass rushing abilities but isn't the best run stuffer. If we got a 1st and a 3rd for him I think Denver wouldn't have matched the offer sheet this year. As is he will be back with Denver on his 1 year tender and I think the odds we resign him to a quality contract are very high. The 3/4 requires good rush LB's and he is very good at that. If something can't work out he will be franchised and make about millions the year after next.

I think he'll stay a Bronco. You often hear the two most important positions in a 3-4 are the rush LB and the NT. The sack element Doom brings has a lot of value and is also not easy to replace. The biggest way you might see that is if Ayers has a good year, but even then. For what it costs in both time and money to replace Doom through the draft on a total risk puts a premium on paying him. If theyre honest, the time and money spent on replacing him through the draft and if that doesnt work, the money to replace him subsequently through free agency makes it easy to justify.

And when youre drafting a rush LB, rushing the passer is a huge element.

s0phr0syne
04-14-2010, 09:45 PM

Judging by your rate of posts like this that I've noticed in the last few days, you're having trouble discerning a lot these days.

If it's too complicated for you to join in a reasonable discussion, then just abstain and observe from the sidelines.

As to the OP, you're right. I brought this up in the other thread with Beantown, but to me it sees like the lack of RFA deals due to no CBA is a total BS cop out.

Tons of UFAs got new deals this year with that same lack of a CBA. RFAs aren't getting the deals, but I don't understand what's so fundamentally different between giving RFAs like Doom and Kuper real contracts like the ones we gave to Nate Jones, Jamal Williams, Jarvis Green, and Justin Bannan. The only difference is that the team has the RIGHT and CAN make the RFAs play for one more year due to the previous CBA. To me, that doesn't mean that they SHOULD hold out on all of those players and not negotiate good-faith extensions for players that have already outplayed their rookie contracts.

Orton is an exception due to the fact that he may or may not be part of the Broncos' long term plans. Clearly Kuper and Doom are.

BroncoBuff
04-14-2010, 09:48 PM

Yeah, I do that sometimes ... but wasn't it worth it? Post 17 is pretty funny after all ;D

strafen
04-14-2010, 09:51 PM
I can't tell if this thread is a joke or not.Don't worry about it.
You don't have the required IQ to comprehend what's being discussed here.
The fact you haven't seen any drama or a bitch-fest for you to participate, is confusing your brain...

BroncoBuff
04-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Curious, non-joking ... what would you guys take for Doom?

I'm not sure there's a defensive player anywhere I would take straight up.

Tombstone RJ
04-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Judging by your rate of posts like this that I've noticed in the last few days, you're having trouble discerning a lot these days.

If it's too complicated for you to join in a reasonable discussion, then just abstain and observe from the sidelines.

As to the OP, you're right. I brought this up in the other thread with Beantown, but to me it sees like the lack of RFA deals due to no CBA is a total BS cop out.

Tons of UFAs got new deals this year with that same lack of a CBA. RFAs aren't getting the deals, but I don't understand what's so fundamentally different between giving RFAs like Doom and Kuper real contracts like the ones we gave to Nate Jones, Jamal Williams, Jarvis Green, and Justin Bannan. The only difference is that the team has the RIGHT and CAN make the RFAs play for one more year due to the previous CBA. To me, that doesn't mean that they SHOULD hold out on all of those players and not negotiate good-faith extensions for players that have already outplayed their rookie contracts.

Orton is an exception due to the fact that he may or may not be part of the Broncos' long term plans. Clearly Kuper and Doom are.

The only reason I can think of not to do a new contract with a RFA is because the uncertainty of the new labor agreement. I'm thinking the owners are going to really try and bring the big contracts under control and if that's the case, then they probably don't want to negotiate a RFA's contract now because it will be grandfathered into any new labor agreement. Certainly, I could be wrong. As for Doom, I won't be suprised if the Broncos work out a new contract for him at some point and time before the season starts.

Tombstone RJ
04-14-2010, 09:55 PM
Don't worry about it.
You don't have the required IQ to comprehend what's being discussed here.
The fact you haven't seen any drama or a b****-fest for you to participate, is confusing your brain...

Ah yes, dragster, dragging down another thread. Way to go! You rock!

Br0nc0Buster
04-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Doom's not getting traded

he is the kind of player Josh wants on his team

Popps
04-15-2010, 01:16 AM

The thread is a level, right?

I mean, it's fairly obvious that McD loves quality, team players like Doom, Dawkins, Clady, Bailey, etc.

No one is so stupid to actually confuse Doomervil with a woman-beating, multi-arrest, multi-suspended piece of dog-**** like Marshall, right?

No one is that stupid.

Again, I'm assuming the thread is a gag.

rastaman
04-15-2010, 03:50 AM

You haven't considered the possibility that the Bowlen and McD may have adopted the NE philosophy of only wanting players who are willing to be team players inregards to signing team friendly contracts. If players/Dumervil believes the Broncos are low balling him he may hold out and McD might label Dumervil as a non-team player due to contract dispute and trade away Dumervil as well.

rastaman
04-15-2010, 03:54 AM
Doom is the one exception that has benefited from the regime change. Im sure he likes being utilized in a way that suits him. Its hard to imagine he would be unhappy unless he has his own interpersonal conflicts with McDonalds. But it seems more likely he is open to staying in Denver.

Doom is open to staying in Denver so long as he believes the Broncos aren't low balling him with a new contract.

eddie mac
04-15-2010, 04:01 AM
How many current RFA's who have signed their tenders and remained on their original teams have been extended to date???

s0phr0syne
04-15-2010, 04:48 AM
How many current RFA's who have signed their tenders and remained on their original teams have been extended to date???

Not many, that's for sure. Eddie, do you know the actual reasons why from a cap stand point? What is so fundamentally different that the RFAs are not getting new deals but that the UFAs are?

There's still guaranteed money going to the UFAs. They're still going to get that money, even if there is a lock out down the road. The only difference that I see is that the RFAs' rights are already owned and so since a team can exercise that right and pay the tendered amounts, it's cheaper than to actually give an extension with a new signing bonus. Do you think this is the right reasoning, or is there more to it that I'm missing?

If you don't know what's up capwise without a CBA place, it's cool. I know there's supposedly a lot of uncertainty about what to do, I just don't know what exactly that uncertainty is and why it seems to only apply to RFA contracts.

Punisher
04-15-2010, 05:24 AM
At this point i don't give a **** he might as well trade every body, ****ing asshole.

UberBroncoMan
04-15-2010, 05:25 AM
Doom deserves to get paid, yeah. But he needs to learn how to run-defend before he's the top $ at his position.

rbackfactory80
04-15-2010, 05:27 AM
Doom is a pass rusher only. A very good one...that we need on our team...but, whether or not we want to pay $50m for his services or not is debatable.

This x 2

Dedhed
04-15-2010, 05:28 AM
I think the real issue is no longterm deals by us.

I think you're wrong.

TonyR
04-15-2010, 05:39 AM

I agree, although it's not a popular opinion of course. I love Doom but despite his gaudy sack numbers I think he's a little bit overrated. And by overrated I don't mean he isn't good. He's very good. I just don't know that he's a great, franchise cornerstone type of player that some think he is. All that said I hope he sticks around.

TonyR
04-15-2010, 05:42 AM
It's the offensive guys, Josh's purview, who are in quasi-mutiny mode.

Buff, you are kidding with this, right? Cutler and Marshall were completely different circumstances and issues, as is Scheffler. You'll get some of the dopes around here actually buying into this nonsense if you keep it up!

Broncoman13
04-15-2010, 06:25 AM
I don't know if Pat Bowlen can afford not to sign Doom to a hefty new contract. Imagine if he lets Doom walk now. That gives guys like Clady, Royal, and whoever else is left worth a damn that there isn't much hope to get a long term deal done in Denver. And what does the fan base say, we've already lost two of our best Offensive players, if we lose one of our best Defensive players as well the fans will really be irked.

eddie mac
04-15-2010, 06:28 AM
Not many, that's for sure. Eddie, do you know the actual reasons why from a cap stand point? What is so fundamentally different that the RFAs are not getting new deals but that the UFAs are?

There's still guaranteed money going to the UFAs. They're still going to get that money, even if there is a lock out down the road. The only difference that I see is that the RFAs' rights are already owned and so since a team can exercise that right and pay the tendered amounts, it's cheaper than to actually give an extension with a new signing bonus. Do you think this is the right reasoning, or is there more to it that I'm missing?

If you don't know what's up capwise without a CBA place, it's cool. I know there's supposedly a lot of uncertainty about what to do, I just don't know what exactly that uncertainty is and why it seems to only apply to RFA contracts.

Reason number 1 is why should they when they dont have to.

More teams will probably look at long-term extensions for players such as Doom, Jackson, Merriman etc etc after the draft.

IMHO a lot of owners are being very careful with their money at present, i.e just spending enough to be competitive this upcoming season and not putting too much out there incase there's a stoppage in 2011.

I'd say whoever makes the jump first in signing their own RFA to a bumper deal will trigger similar moves amongst the rest.

The major difference is if the Broncos hadn't signed Green, Bannan or Williams to those deals then another team would have. Dumervil or whoever either plays for what we pay him or sits this year with no certainty of where he'll be contractually either in 2011 because he still does not have the 6 years if a CBA is not in place and it's no closer than it was 18 months ago.

The owners want a lockout next year or players getting less than 55%.

oubronco
04-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Like I've been saying if you want top talent you have to pay top talent money and they don't seem to want to

Dedhed
04-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Doom is open to staying in Denver so long as he believes the Broncos aren't low balling him with a new contract.

Wow. Did you talk to him this morning?

WolfpackGuy
04-15-2010, 06:36 AM
If the defensive line improves against the run, Dumervil will have another huge year.

Run defense isn't his strong suit, but you can say the same for Freeney.

kamakazi_kal
04-15-2010, 06:37 AM
...I dont think he's going anywhere.

:Broncos:

In all fairness Mcd has not yet come out and said "we will not trade doom" or "I expect doom to be here next season" so I think he safe for now at least

Dedhed
04-15-2010, 06:39 AM
Curious, non-joking ... what would you guys take for Doom?

I'm not sure there's a defensive player anywhere I would take straight up.Doom is one of my favorites, but if the Ravens offered Haloti Ngata straight up, I'd bite. There aren't that many though, and I wouldn't take a 1st rounder for him.

He's proven on and off the field that he's the type of guy you want on your team.

kamakazi_kal
04-15-2010, 06:41 AM
You haven't considered the possibility that the Bowlen and McD may have adopted the NE philosophy of only wanting players who are willing to be team players inregards to signing team friendly contracts. If players/Dumervil believes the Broncos are low balling him he may hold out and McD might label Dumervil as a non-team player due to contract dispute and trade away Dumervil as well.

NE did ship Seymour off to Oakland ...... that was cold man. The compensation was great for NE though.

The way Mcd and the rest of this board love draft picks I wouldn't be shocked to see him gone for a 2nd and 3rd.

Steve Sewell
04-15-2010, 06:42 AM

He's been a little butt hurt lately. He somehow thought that the Broncos actually could have signed Brandon Marshall to a long term contract.

Bigdawg26
04-15-2010, 06:44 AM

Over 30,yes sir tool, past his prime, and had a stint with the Patriots??

DenverBrit
04-15-2010, 06:46 AM
Ah yes, dragster, dragging down another thread. Way to go! You rock!

It only happens when he's quoted! :wiggle:

TonyR
04-15-2010, 06:58 AM
Like I've been saying if you want top talent you have to pay top talent money and they don't seem to want to

Other than Marshall, and maybe Cutler although he was under contract at the time, who have they jettisoned rather than giving them a long term contract? I think the real issue is they only want to give long term contracts to players they think are worth it and/or want to keep.

rastaman
04-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Doom deserves to get paid, yeah. But he needs to learn how to run-defend before he's the top $ at his position.

The only problem here is, should Doom's sack totals increase or remain the same in 2010 and 2011, his value and compensation only increases. So the Broncos need to pay him or pay him later or be faced with continuing the risky dance of allowing talented proven players to leave Denver for a parcel of unproven draft picks.

Br0nc0Buster
04-15-2010, 07:10 AM
Over 30,yes sir tool, past his prime, and had a stint with the Patriots??

I never knew Brian Dawkins was a past his prime tool who played for the Patriots

Bizzle
04-21-2010, 09:43 AM
I would like Bowlen, Xanders, or McD to come out with this same message for Doom.

"I know we want to sign them to long-term contracts,'' Jones said when talking about Sensabaugh and Miles Austin (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4059). "Let's be real clear about that. Both of them are long-term players (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/jerry-jones-austin-and-sensaba.html), in my mind, with the Cowboys. Other than that, I wouldn't give you a status report on the negotiations.'' - Jerry Jones

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/21/cowboys-want-to-keep-sensabaugh-long-term/

bowtown
04-21-2010, 09:52 AM
I would like Bowlen, Xanders, or McD to come out with this same message for Doom.

"I know we want to sign them to long-term contracts,'' Jones said when talking about Sensabaugh and Miles Austin (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4059). "Let's be real clear about that. Both of them are long-term players (http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/04/jerry-jones-austin-and-sensaba.html), in my mind, with the Cowboys. Other than that, I wouldn't give you a status report on the negotiations.'' - Jerry Jones

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/21/cowboys-want-to-keep-sensabaugh-long-term/

How do you know that they haven't?

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2010, 09:54 AM
How do you know that they haven't?

He's talking about a public statement to that effect. They haven't done that.

Garcia Bronco
04-21-2010, 10:11 AM
Doom is not worth top LB money.

Garcia Bronco
04-21-2010, 10:15 AM

Because generally it's a waste of money.

Bizzle
04-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Yes, I meant publicly.

Garcia - what do you think Dooms market value is? I would think he could be paid as a top 5 pass rusher. He's not really a traditional LB, similar to say Harrison/Suggs.

jhns
04-21-2010, 10:26 AM
You guys don't seem to understand how McDaniels determines who to trade. Elvis is not going anywhere. McDaniels got a photo of my jersey collection and is only trading players that are in it. Clady and Champ are the only current players left that I have. They will be gone soon. Luckily I held of on the Elvis and DJ jerseys. You guys can thank me later.

oubronco
04-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Other than Marshall, and maybe Cutler although he was under contract at the time, who have they jettisoned rather than giving them a long term contract? I think the real issue is they only want to give long term contracts to players they think are worth it and/or want to keep.

Who has gotten a long term contract most are 1-3 yrs at mid money

Beantown Bronco
04-21-2010, 10:36 AM
I tend to side with Garcia on this one. Really think about it. For all the big money contracts given out every year to people who have (in the past) performed at "top level", how many of them continue to produce at that top level once they got their money?

Outside of the quarterback position, it seems like the odds are not very good that you'll say "yup, we got our money's worth out of that big contract."

Cool Breeze
04-21-2010, 10:37 AM
When will Doom be traded?

When he signs his 1 year tender and we get value.

He won't sign before the draft - we might trade him.

TonyR
04-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Who has gotten a long term contract most are 1-3 yrs at mid money

Most teams aren't handing out long term deals right now because of the labor issues. This is a business, not a charity.

Broncoman13
04-21-2010, 10:48 AM

If we draft Graham tomorrow night the writing is on the wall for Doom to be out.

I think the Broncos may look at BG as a more complete player, able to play the run and still get after the QB. Doom's days could be numbered if we do in fact draft Brandon Graham.

broncocalijohn
04-21-2010, 10:49 AM

Somehow, I think guys like Dragster69 fail to see these reasonings. You mean it might actually be on the player? Who would have funked it? Good post.

broncocalijohn
04-21-2010, 10:52 AM
If we draft Graham tomorrow night the writing is on the wall for Doom to be out.

I think the Broncos may look at BG as a more complete player, able to play the run and still get after the QB. Doom's days could be numbered if we do in fact draft Brandon Graham.

He is a DE. Doom is playing LB. Graham is best at 4-3 defense and we are at a 3-4. I dont mind the draft but we are talking different positions .

Popps
04-21-2010, 11:32 AM

So, we'd get rid of an all-pro sack-machine who had a little trouble against the run in his first year as a LB, to draft a guy who's never played LB at the NFL level?

Let's not confuse Doom with the other dip****s we've sent out of town. He's been a solid team player, and squeaky-clean off the field.

I still think this thread borders on insanity.

Kaylore
04-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah I'm sure Dumervil is going to holdout knowing he might not get paid at all next season. Right.

Garcia Bronco
04-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Yes, I meant publicly.

Garcia - what do you think Dooms market value is? I would think he could be paid as a top 5 pass rusher. He's not really a traditional LB, similar to say Harrison/Suggs.

Part of a LB's job is to stop the run, and it's something he's always struggled with. He is a heck of a pass rusher.

Garcia Bronco
04-21-2010, 12:06 PM
I tend to side with Garcia on this one. Really think about it. For all the big money contracts given out every year to people who have (in the past) performed at "top level", how many of them continue to produce at that top level once they got their money?

Outside of the quarterback position, it seems like the odds are not very good that you'll say "yup, we got our money's worth out of that big contract."

Exactly. He might never see half those sack totals per season.

BigPlayShay
04-21-2010, 12:11 PM

On the CBA affecting Broncos LB/DE Elvis Dumervil's status

"I know that is a frustrating situation for all of us. We are looking at a place right now in the league where there is some uncertainty for us going forward. I think that is holding up some things on a lot of teams and in a lot of organizations. I think that is part of the whole entire thing. We are thrilled with Elvis Dumervil's season last year and excited to have him back and looking forward to his production continuing on for years. As of right now, I know he is working hard in Miami, he stays in touch with (Defensive Coordinator) (Don) Wink (Martindale) and I think we will all be excited when he is back. It is what it is and other than that there isn't much to talk about."

On Dumervil waiting through the contract process

"I am not frustrated with Elvis. Like I said, I totally understand Elvis' position and I am not upset about it at all. I respect whatever he chooses to do, I respect that. I think he has a great deal of respect and admiration within this building. Everybody feels the same way about Elvis Dumervil, and it is something that time will play out and we will see how it goes. This isn't something that is a negative towards Elvis Dumervil."