PDA

View Full Version : Drew Litton: Bye-Bye Brandon Marshall

Bronco Rob
04-14-2010, 08:41 PM
Adios Mr. Attitude

OK. My whole opinion on this thing might not quite be the same as yours. But here it is a nutshell. Anytime you can rid your roster of a selfish poisonous player like Marshall, itís a good day. A very good day. Would they have liked to get more than a couple of second rounder for him? Yeah. Probably. But with the depth in next weeks draft at wide receiver and having that many more picks to trade around who knows what they do with what they got. But i believe itís much better than what they had.

Rumor had it that one of the reasons Shanahan was fired was because he told Bowlen his first order of business for the off-season was to boot Brandon Marshall as far away from Denver as possible. Give me 45 guys like Rod Smith and Iíll make the Saints look like romper room. Sound off everyone. This is great pre-draft fodder so leave those comments and Iíll do my best to jump into the conversation.

http://www.drewlitton.com/

strafen
04-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Good for Marshall. Under appreciated ex-Bronco player, now the highest paid WR in NFL history. Not bad!

DenverBrit
04-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Rumor had it that one of the reasons Shanahan was fired was because he told Bowlen his first order of business for the off-season was to boot Brandon Marshall as far away from Denver as possible.

That's a new one.

Paladin
04-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Drew is right......

_Oro_
04-14-2010, 10:56 PM
That's a new one.

Heard that one on the light rail after shortly after Shanny was fired.

Dagmar
04-14-2010, 11:03 PM
I actually googled Brandon after the fact today and the image search brought up MANY Litton cartoons that were very unfavorable to him. I think we know where he stands!

http://www.indenvertimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/marshall-jersey-585x363.gif

http://www.indenvertimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/brandonnew-585x364.gif

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/drew/DREW0709.gif

http://www.indenvertimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/brandonmarshalltoon-585x378.gif

BroncoBuff
04-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Rumor had it that one of the reasons Shanahan was fired was because he told Bowlen his first order of business for the off-season was to boot Brandon Marshall as far away from Denver as possible.

Wow, that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Stick to drawing, Drew.

HAT
04-14-2010, 11:10 PM

Are you SURE?

I'm having deja vu.....for the second time today. :wiggle:

P.S.
I'm just dicking around 'Buff.......

outdoor_miner
04-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Good for Marshall. Under appreciated ex-Bronco player, now the highest paid WR in NFL history. Not bad!

Yep - chalk one up for the good guys! :yayaya:

BroncoBuff
04-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Are you SURE?

I'm having deja vu.....for the second time today. :wiggle:

P.S.
I'm just dicking around 'Buff.......

Okay, yeah, I said the same thing in baja's "Shanahan copying McDaniles" thread ;D

But this one has "taken the lead" ....

It's honestly laugh out loud funny .... one of the most hands off owners in the league would fire a HOF head coach to avoid him trading away a player? A player who was traded away today without an audible peep from the Lagavulin Lounge? And after all, he's the freaking owner! If were inclined to meddle - which he's not - he could nix any deal.

He's either joking, or merely trying to stir up comments and traffic on his site.

HAT
04-14-2010, 11:19 PM
Yep - chalk one up for the good guys! :yayaya:

It saddens me that you quoted fagster _miner.....If only b/c I have to (partially) agree with him for once.

I too am stoked BM got his payday. Truth be told....I'd grab the cash instead of a ring myself....

Actually, I'd hire rasta as my agent so I could have both. That dude has mad Agent skillz.

HAT
04-14-2010, 11:21 PM
He's either joking, or merely trying to stir up comments and traffic on his site.

Journalism 101. :afro:

SportinOne
04-14-2010, 11:21 PM
In Miami, the only way he catches any grief will be for missing games. But in lunch pail and hardhat Colorado, the minute you look like you are enjoying yourself you are a me-first player.

Durango
04-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Okay, yeah, I said the same thing in baja's "Shanahan copying McDaniles" thread ;D

But this one has "taken the lead" ....

It's honestly laugh out loud funny .... one of the most hands off owners in the league would fire a HOF head coach to avoid him trading away a player? A player who was traded away today without an audible peep from the Lagavulin Lounge? And after all, he's the freaking owner! If were inclined to meddle - which he's not - he could nix any deal.

Uh, maybe someone can fill in the details, but wasn't Dan Reeves fired after making plans to ship out John Elway, and even offering him in a possible trade with the Washington Redskins? I'm sure there were other issues, but when it came down to John vs. Dan, Dan got the walking papers.

BroncoBuff
04-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Now the highest paid WR in NFL history.

Okay, I'm obviously a Marshall fan ... but when you put it that way, it's just nuts.

What is Parcells smoking? Was there really such a clamor for Brandon's services that Tuna was forced to go to such lengths? Seems to me Brandon's history would mitigate toward contract concessions, not escalators.

outdoor_miner
04-14-2010, 11:39 PM
It saddens me that you quoted fagster _miner.....If only b/c I have to (partially) agree with him for once.

I too am stoked BM got his payday. Truth be told....I'd grab the cash instead of a ring myself....

Actually, I'd hire rasta as my agent so I could have both. That dude has mad Agent skillz.

Hey - I think he is a spectacular talent, and I'm pretty sad to see him go. He was a blast to watch on Sundays.

I just think it's funny to see Marshall referenced as some high-character, lunchpail guy who just "gave it his all" day in and day out to finally earn that big paycheck. He seems like a true pain in the ass on and off the field... But whatever - I really don't know the guy, so can't say too much. He did play hard (to my eyes) on the football field on Sundays, and I appreciate that. I don't hold any ill will toward him (nothing like I feel towards Cutler), and hope he can keep his nose clean off the field...

~Crash~
04-15-2010, 12:11 AM

Stick to drawing, Drew.

yes Shanahan was getting rid of him . but note he was going to get something for him . and not raped.

Blueflame
04-15-2010, 12:17 AM
yes Shanahan was getting rid of him . but note he was going to get something for him . and not raped.

I also believe that had it been Shanahan.... in Week 17 2009, the media would have had no idea that Marshall (& Scheffler) would not be starting vs. the Chefs (both would have been on the injury report as "questionable" or "doubtful"). Shanahan wouldn't have publicly "tipped his hand" that "the player" would be available... possibly for cheap. The situation would have been kept "in house".

But Shanahan would never have let the Chefs have the slightest inkling... much less flat-out know that they didn't need to gameplan for Marshall....

Taco John
04-15-2010, 12:23 AM
That's a new one.

Nah, that one has been around.

~Crash~
04-15-2010, 12:25 AM

Yep Shanahan did not like motor mouth .

broncocalijohn
04-15-2010, 12:40 AM

COme on! Shanny would have got rid of him before the troubles of some more offseason crap and the TC fiasco and add the week 17 suspension. With all that has happened, we got a pretty good deal for him (and even Dolphins did well too). Shanny would have the same problems as McD/Bowlen did today. Stop being such an doofus.

~Crash~
04-15-2010, 12:47 AM
COme on! Shanny would have got rid of him before the troubles of some more offseason crap and the TC fiasco and add the week 17 suspension. With all that has happened, we got a pretty good deal for him (and even Dolphins did well too). Shanny would have the same problems as McD/Bowlen did today. Stop being such an doofus.

What trouble did Marshall have this year ? the Coach devalued the players he was going to trade . now who is the doofus .

broncocalijohn
04-15-2010, 12:52 AM
What trouble did Marshall have this year ? the Coach devalued the players he was going to trade . now who is the doofus .

is he looking to win or is he worried about a player's value? Let me know when Marshall was forced to act like a complete asshole at the beginning of the season (TC) and then at the very end of the season when the playoffs are on the line. Coach didnt devalue Marshall, Marshall devalued himself for the Broncos. He got paid what he would have if he was a saint. McD took in Marshall with all the baggage in place. BM just got stuffed that baggage so it wouldnt fit into the overhead cabin at the Broncos front office...(awesome reference I must say).

~Crash~
04-15-2010, 01:01 AM
is he looking to win or is he worried about a player's value? Let me know when Marshall was forced to act like a complete a-hole at the beginning of the season (TC) and then at the very end of the season when the playoffs are on the line. Coach didnt devalue Marshall, Marshall devalued himself for the Broncos. He got paid what he would have if he was a saint. McD took in Marshall with all the baggage in place. BM just got stuffed that baggage so it wouldnt fit into the overhead cabin at the Broncos front office...(awesome reference I must say).

You pay the guy and he shuts the **** up . I am to the point I may switch teams if Dvile is not tooken care of . I root for classy teams and I am starting to wonder if that is still the case.Dvile should of been paid last year .

Blueflame
04-15-2010, 01:02 AM
is he looking to win or is he worried about a player's value? Let me know when Marshall was forced to act like a complete a-hole at the beginning of the season (TC) and then at the very end of the season when the playoffs are on the line. Coach didnt devalue Marshall, Marshall devalued himself for the Broncos. He got paid what he would have if he was a saint. McD took in Marshall with all the baggage in place. BM just got stuffed that baggage so it wouldnt fit into the overhead cabin at the Broncos front office...(awesome reference I must say).

Yes, he did. By taking the issue to the media, McDaniels definitely did devalue Marshall. Shanahan would have listed Marshall/Scheffler as either doubtful or questionable on the injury report and then they would have been inactivated on Sunday morning (just as they actually were but without tipping off the Chefs for the upcoming game or signaling to any other team that Marshall was on his way out of town, whatever the price). Let's get real....Shanahan was notoriously "tight-lipped" with the media... he played his cards "close to the vest" and would never, ever have given a division rival that kind of information. Not ever.

~Crash~
04-15-2010, 01:04 AM
This Coach is not the sharpest tack Flame when it come to winning now .

~Crash~
04-15-2010, 01:06 AM
I am now thinking we are getting a new coach mid season . I am hoping we draft a decent OL then we at least have a base to build on .

~Crash~
04-15-2010, 01:10 AM
At week 8 last year this coach became Tod Mernavich

watermock
04-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Good God.

You DO know it was Parcells that gave him 24m up front and 50M over 4 don't you?

It's minor miracle we got what we did.

South Beach/BM=Trouble.

What's funny is we didn't even get Fonzie value.

Think about it.

Blueflame
04-15-2010, 01:36 AM
This Coach is not the sharpest tack Flame when it come to winning now .

At the time I thought it was incredibly stupid/naive/inexperienced of him to run to the media when he didn't have to. Airing out issues that are better dealt with privately... is unwise at best.

Popps
04-15-2010, 01:59 AM
[FONT=Calibri]Adios Mr. Attitude

[size=4]OK. My whole opinion on this thing might not quite be the same as yours. But here it is a nutshell. Anytime you can rid your roster of a selfish poisonous player like Marshall, itís a good day. A very good day.

:strong:

No need to complicate all of this. We threw out more garbage, and once again... got a nice return for it.

~Crash~
04-15-2010, 02:09 AM

No need to complicate all of this. We threw out more garbage, and once again... got a nice return for it.

sad thing is you use to get it .

Blueflame
04-15-2010, 02:19 AM

Doesn't that depend a great deal on what we do with the draft picks? ???

(I hope you're right and both picks pan out, but Marshall is an elite talent and it's a pretty high expectation to think we'll be able to replace his (on-field) production without missing a beat....)

Florida_Bronco
04-15-2010, 02:56 AM
Doesn't that depend a great deal on what we do with the draft picks? ??? Not really. We traded Marshall for some picks that equal good value. Even if we totally tank those picks, it doesn't diminish the value we got for him.

Blueflame
04-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Not really. We traded Marshall for some picks that equal good value. Even if we totally tank those picks, it doesn't diminish the value we got for him.

It means we traded known value for potential value... potential that may or may not be realized.

reminds me of an old fable about a "bird in the hand"....

eddie mac
04-15-2010, 03:56 AM

Oh so McD made him punt the ball away in frustration during training camp. or go to the media every single day b****ing about the Broncos organisation and his contract.

Or indeed did McD force his team captains to hold a meeting with him and force them to agree that Marshall and Scheffler warranted benching because of their attitude to the team???

Did McD also turn down a multi-year contract offer which ended up being $500k short per season of what Me-me signed in Miami???

eddie mac
04-15-2010, 03:59 AM
It means we traded known value for potential value... potential that may or may not be realized.

reminds me of an old fable about a "bird in the hand"....

No it means we traded a distraction who was given numerous opportunities to improve his attitude. It says it all when your own team-mates want you benched and regardless of what the Broncos or Marshall's PR people have stated in recent months he was an ex-Bronco once the rest of the players saw the light.

DenverBrit
04-15-2010, 06:59 AM
Yep Shanahan did not like motor mouth .

I'd heard about Shanny's attitude towards BM, it was this:

Rumor had it that one of the reasons Shanahan was fired

That I hadn't heard before.

TotallyScrewed
04-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Oh so McD made him punt the ball away in frustration during training camp. or go to the media every single day b****ing about the Broncos organisation and his contract.

Or indeed did McD force his team captains to hold a meeting with him and force them to agree that Marshall and Scheffler warranted benching because of their attitude to the team???

Did McD also turn down a multi-year contract offer which ended up being $500k short per season of what Me-me signed in Miami???

Is there a speck of truth in any of this? I think not.

1) Marshall, it was rumored, was unhappy with the Broncos FO and coach because he was promised a trade or a new contract. Neither of which materialized. He was frustrated and the camera's are always running.

2) Marshall, it was rumored, was benched because he was late for treatment to an injury that Josh didn't believe was serious. And Josh ran to the media.

3) The Broncos contract, it was rumored, was heavily back-ended with little or no guaranteed money. Thus, completely crap compared to the deal he got with Miami. You do know that teams notoriously don't pay the heavy loaded final years of contracts, right?

rastaman
04-15-2010, 08:09 AM

I'd hire you as Broncos GM to work along-side McD. I'm sure btwn you and McD making all the personnel decisons and draf day selections, the Broncos will become a Dynasty before you can say "Just Win Baby"!

rastaman
04-15-2010, 08:14 AM
No it means we traded a distraction who was given numerous opportunities to improve his attitude. It says it all when your own team-mates want you benched and regardless of what the Broncos or Marshall's PR people have stated in recent months he was an ex-Bronco once the rest of the players saw the light.

Meh! Where is it written or etched in stone that Marshall was going to be a Bronco FOR LIFE!

Marshall and McD were never going to work out in the long run b/c neither trusted one another.

McD got his 2 second round draft picks.....and Marshall is now the highest paid WR in the NFL.

Not a bad outcome for either side.

Lastly, speaking of your teammates wanting you benched the last game of the season....its funny how those same teammates failed to show up against the Chiefs and got soundly beaten with playoff implications on the line. Seems like those same players who called for Marshall's benching should have been benched as well.

Steve Sewell
04-15-2010, 08:21 AM
That's a new one.

Hmm it's hard to detect sarcasm sometimes...I think it was Schefter who reported about it last off-season that Shanahan was considering simply waiving Marshall at the end of the season. I doubt it was something that actually led to his firing though.

DenverBrit
04-15-2010, 08:26 AM
Hmm it's hard to detect sarcasm sometimes...I think it was Schefter who reported about it last off-season that Shanahan was considering simply waiving Marshall at the end of the season. I doubt it was something that actually led to his firing though.

No sarcasm this time.

I was referring to his wanting to ship BM out of town being one of the reasons he was fired.

Taco and Crash set me straight.....it was apparently well known.

Steve Sewell
04-15-2010, 08:28 AM
You pay the guy and he shuts the **** up . I am to the point I may switch teams if Dvile is not tooken care of . I root for classy teams and I am starting to wonder if that is still the case.Dvile should of been paid last year .

cy@@@@@@@@@

eddie mac
04-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Is there a speck of truth in any of this? I think not.

1) Marshall, it was rumored, was unhappy with the Broncos FO and coach because he was promised a trade or a new contract. Neither of which materialized. He was frustrated and the camera's are always running.

2) Marshall, it was rumored, was benched because he was late for treatment to an injury that Josh didn't believe was serious. And Josh ran to the media.

3) The Broncos contract, it was rumored, was heavily back-ended with little or no guaranteed money. Thus, completely crap compared to the deal he got with Miami. You do know that teams notoriously don't pay the heavy loaded final years of contracts, right?

WTF have you been for the past 12 months??? Over in Chicago following your other idol???

Dagmar
04-15-2010, 08:56 AM

I thought it was Peter King?

DenverBrit
04-15-2010, 08:59 AM

It was, but there was no mention, that I recall, that it was one of the reasons Bowlen fired Shanny.

Steve Sewell
04-15-2010, 09:39 AM

Eh they all run together. I thought I heard Schefter on the radio corroborate what Peter King said.

Garcia Bronco
04-15-2010, 09:56 AM
It was, but there was no mention, that I recall, that it was one of the reasons Bowlen fired Shanny.

I am sure there are many reason Bowlen let him go.

dsmoot
04-15-2010, 10:33 AM
In Miami, the only way he catches any grief will be for missing games. But in lunch pail and hardhat Colorado, the minute you look like you are enjoying yourself you are a me-first player.

Doesn't living in Miami seem to be the worst environment for someone with the issues Brandon has exhibited over his few years in Denver? Should be interesting.

Triplelefthook
04-15-2010, 10:53 AM

Stick to drawing, Drew.

i didn't read the article but this is correct. Drew is a GREAT cartoonist, and his opinions get to be voiced thru those cartoons to a degree. Anything further than that he is out of his league.

Just stick to the cartoons, Litton

Steve Sewell
04-15-2010, 11:41 AM
i didn't read the article but this is correct. Drew is a GREAT cartoonist, and his opinions get to be voiced thru those cartoons to a degree. Anything further than that he is out of his league.

Just stick to the cartoons, Litton

Its not an opinion though. He's referencing what was reported by Peter King. I think his only misstatement is that it had anything to do with his reasons for being fired.

Blueflame
04-15-2010, 12:51 PM

And if the two draft picks we got for him are busts? Marshall's talent is why I thought we should have addressed his contract last season. A paid Brandon Marshall wouldn't have been as big a "distraction"... he was only unhappy because he felt he was underpaid for his on-field production. And I agree with that.

baja
04-15-2010, 12:54 PM
And if the two draft picks we got for him are busts? Marshall's talent is why I thought we should have addressed his contract last season. A paid Brandon Marshall wouldn't have been as big a "distraction"... he was only unhappy because he felt he was underpaid for his on-field production. And I agree with that.

You like the idea he took his frustrations with his contract out on his girl friend?

outdoor_miner
04-15-2010, 12:57 PM

I can't believe for all your talk of the Patriots/McDaniels being classless, cheating, lying etc etc etc that you of all people wanted Brandon Marshall on your team. Unbelievable.

baja
04-15-2010, 12:59 PM
I can't believe for all your talk of the Patriots/McDaniels being classless, cheating, lying etc etc etc that you of all people wanted Brandon Marshall on your team. Unbelievable.

+1

Pick a philosophy Blue and stick with it.

Gort
04-15-2010, 01:04 PM
does anyone know if the domestic violence laws in Florida are more or less harsh than the same laws in colorado? Brandon ought to brush up on any noteworthy differences, or at least get a lawyer on retainer who's familiar with the laws in Florida. ;)

what? too soon?

(yes, i know Brandon is from Florida).

Blueflame
04-15-2010, 01:35 PM
You like the idea he took his frustrations with his contract out on his girl friend?

So now we're assuming that his contract was what he and his gf were fighting about? I highly doubt that.

It's an enormous reach to say that I approved of his off-the-field behavior just because I believe that he's got phenomenal talent. I strongly disapprove of domestic violence and believe it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Blueflame
04-15-2010, 01:38 PM

Show me his convictions. Even one and I'd have wanted him gone. But there aren't any.

baja
04-15-2010, 01:38 PM
So now we're assuming that his contract was what he and his gf were fighting about? I highly doubt that.

It's an enormous reach to say that I approved of his off-the-field behavior just because I believe that he's got phenomenal talent. I strongly disapprove of domestic violence and believe it should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Fine tell me how you justify having him on out team given your distaste for douchbagery.

baja
04-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Show me his convictions. Even one and I'd have wanted him gone. But there aren't any.

What has Josh McDaniels been convicted of.

Blueflame
04-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Fine tell me how you justify having him on out team given your distaste for douchbagery.

He's not on our team anymore so your point is moot. But there's a big difference between an accusation and a conviction.

What has Josh McDaniels been convicted of.

Um... weren't the Patriots... and Belicheat individually... fined pretty heavily for cheating (while McDaniels was their OC)? ??? I believe they were.

baja
04-15-2010, 01:45 PM
He's not on our team anymore so your point is moot. But there's a big difference between an accusation and a conviction.

Um... weren't the Patriots... and Belicheat individually... fined pretty heavily for cheating (while McDaniels was their OC)? ??? I believe they were.

and you know for a fact that McD liked the situation. what choice did he have working under Bilacheck.

...and he may not be a Bronco anymore but you are sure whining about it.

Blueflame
04-15-2010, 01:50 PM
and you know for a fact that McD liked the situation. what choice did he have working under Bilacheck.

...and he may not be a Bronco anymore but you are sure whining about it.

Um... no. I'm not whining about it. I just hope that McDaniels & Co. get good value from the draft picks. The rest don't matter.

(not sure why you seem to want to pick a fight with me today, Baja... but it's not gonna happen.)

HAT
04-15-2010, 02:00 PM

Imagine for a second, if in an alternate universe.....

BM had been a Patriot for the last 4 years...With the same on field production & off field issues....And McX just traded 2010 & 2011 2nd round picks for him and signed him to the same contract that Miami just did.

Blue and the rest of the McHaters would be in full melt-down right about now.

Not one of them would be saying Denver smoked NE in that trade b/c they just picked up a top 3 WR and made him the highes paid WR ever. All you would see is bitching and moaning that Denver just way overpaid for a thug Patriot 1 strike away from an 8 game break.

baja
04-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Um... no. I'm not whining about it. I just hope that McDaniels & Co. get good value from the draft picks. The rest don't matter.

(not sure why you seem to want to pick a fight with me today, Baja... but it's not gonna happen.)

Not looking for a fight Blue just questioning your double standard.

Besides I would never picka fight with someone wielding a pair of D cups.;D

baja
04-15-2010, 02:06 PM
Imagine for a second, if in an alternate universe.....

BM had been a Patriot for the last 4 years...With the same on field production & off field issues....And McX just traded 2010 & 2011 2nd round picks for him and signed him to the same contract that Miami just did.

Blue and the rest of the McHaters would be in full melt-down right about now.

Not one of them would be saying Denver smoked NE in that trade b/c they just picked up a top 3 WR and made him the highes paid WR ever. All you would see is b****ing and moaning that Denver just way overpaid for a thug Patriot 1 strike away from an 8 game break.

They would also say why bring in Marshall when we have Royal for much less money

Popcorn Sutton
04-15-2010, 02:13 PM

Wow, way to stick your head in the sand. Show me where O.J. was convicted for murder? You can't, can you? It still doesn't mean he's innocent.

Did you actually listen to the 911 calls on this video:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4219170

And for that matter, how many times does he need to have run-ins with the law before you realize he's a thug?

You sure do have a double standard. You hold anything and everything Patriots to the fire for what Bill Bellichick did but you have to see "convictions" to believe Brandon Marshall is a woman beater? Drunk driver?

I don't know why I'm even responding to this but I find it very frustrating that you could defend this punk and treat McDaniels like he's a classless lowlife.

You realize Brandon Marshall started the ruckus that led to Darrent Williams death right?

Geesh.

crush17
04-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Can we PLEASE make it so that we can use the ignore feature on the mods??

Blue, you are one of the worst people to read on this board.

Are you effing kidding me?? You are just terrible.

Blueflame
04-15-2010, 02:25 PM
Think what you will and "assign viewpoints" to me (that I've never taken) if that makes you feel better. I don't care. I'm done with this discussion.

Rabb
04-15-2010, 02:27 PM

wow Blue, just wow

broncswin
04-15-2010, 02:30 PM

I dont give a crap what they were fighting about...no money or mo money this guy is gonna blow up and get into trouble off the field again...this means suspension:pimp:

NYBronco
04-15-2010, 02:30 PM
I support the Broncos stance of not throwing 50 million dollars at a well documented problem player and the problem is gone.

Fortunately its the Dolphins that seem to believe throwing 50 million dollars at a problem will solve all BM's issues and he will now be the ultimate team player.

The risk Denver takes in the draft is small compared to the known risk and 50 million price tag.

Thank you Bill Parcels and Pat Bowlen.

crush17
04-15-2010, 02:31 PM
I support the Broncos stance of not throwing 50 million dollars at a well documented problem player and the problem is gone.

Fortunately its the Dolphins that seem to believe throwing 50 million dollars at a problem will solve all BM's issues and he will now be the ultimate team player.

The risk Denver takes in the draft is small compared to the known risk and 50 million price tag.

Thank you Bill Parcels and Pat Bowlen.

he speaks the troof!

BroncoBuff
04-15-2010, 02:36 PM
I think his only misstatement is that it had anything to do with his reasons for being fired.

The reasons why Mike was fired are very relevant.

BroncoBuff
04-15-2010, 02:39 PM

And you are a very angry person...

crush17
04-15-2010, 02:44 PM
LOL how is that in any way an "angry" post.

Try again.

DenverBrit
04-15-2010, 04:11 PM

Weren't the 15 police incidents by age 25 enough of a red flag??

Seriously, BM is a woman beater, and like many women in abuse cases, they drop the charges, sometimes repeatedly.

BM is a cop magnet, if he weren't, he'd still be a Bronco.

baja
04-15-2010, 04:24 PM
Weren't the 15 police incidents by age 25 enough of a red flag??

Seriously, BM is a woman beater, and like many women in abuse cases, they drop the charges, sometimes repeatedly.

BM is a cop magnet, if he weren't, he'd still be a Bronco.

There is really no more to say!

Steve Sewell
04-15-2010, 06:29 PM
The reasons why Mike was fired are very relevant.

Let me get this straight...you think Mike Shanahan wanting to get rid of Brandon Marshall had something to do with him getting fired? That's absurd. People don't give Bowlen enough credit around here.

~Crash~
04-15-2010, 09:04 PM
Not really. We traded Marshall for some picks that equal good value. Even if we totally tank those picks, it doesn't diminish the value we got for him.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

~Crash~
04-15-2010, 09:08 PM

And you are ? When your balls start to hang some come back and bitch .:wave:

broncocalijohn
04-16-2010, 12:39 AM
It is amazing that some of those that think BM needed to be paid and the attitude would go away. So those run ins with his girlfriends were the case of contract disgust? This is a pattern that has nothing to do with football but a personality trait. He got his money but would have in Denver if he had some people skills. He got mad football skills but it goes with a temper on the opposite sex.

Gort
04-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Let me get this straight...you think Mike Shanahan wanting to get rid of Brandon Marshall had something to do with him getting fired? That's absurd. People don't give Bowlen enough credit around here.

i don't believe for a minute that Shanny wanted to get rid of either Cutler or Brandon. at the end, Shanny was so desperate for a return trip to the SB that he would have started Charles Manson and Pol Pot if he thought they'd get him victories on Sunday.

bowtown
04-16-2010, 08:29 AM
i don't believe for a minute that Shanny wanted to get rid of either Cutler or Brandon. at the end, Shanny was so desperate for a return trip to the SB that he would have started Charles Manson and Pol Pot if he thought they'd get him victories on Sunday.

This is a little bit of an over exaggeration. Manson and Pol Pot would at least have to pass their lie detector tests first.

ScottXray
04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
This is a little bit of an over exaggeration. Manson and Pol Pot would at least have to pass their lie detector tests first.

LOLROFL!LOL:strong: quoted for truth!

Steve Sewell
04-16-2010, 10:24 AM

Shanahan would have drafted a more inept criminal/dictator type like Manuel Noriega.

Steve Sewell
04-16-2010, 10:25 AM

IDK...Peter King reported that Shanny wanted to cut Marshall at the end of his last season because he was such a problem for them at the time.

baja
04-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Shanahan would have drafted a more inept criminal/dictator type like Manuel Noriega.

I'd like that better than Big Bent.

BroncoBuff
04-17-2010, 01:12 AM
LOL how is that in any way an "angry" post.

Try again.

The manner in which you disagreed with her and scoffed at and dismissed her opinions as having no value was over the top, overkill.

Overkill ... always comes from an emotional, visceral source.

Don't feel bad .... I do it a lot myself (seriously).

BroncoBuff
04-17-2010, 01:16 AM

You might have misread it. It's such a bizarre theory, for so many reasons, I see why.

Litton said one reason why Pat fired Mike was because Mike was gonna get rid Brandon in the off-season.

Litton is wrong, you and I agree.

fdf
04-17-2010, 02:50 AM
[FONT=Calibri]Adios Mr. Attitude

[size=4]OK. My whole opinion on this thing might not quite be the same as yours. But here it is a nutshell. Anytime you can rid your roster of a selfish poisonous player like Marshall, itís a good day. A very good day. Would they have liked to get more than a couple of second rounder for him? Yeah. Probably. But with the depth in next weeks draft at wide receiver and having that many more picks to trade around who knows what they do with what they got. But i believe itís much better than what they had. . . .

Generally agree. Some people are drama dawgs. Brandon Marshall is a born double drama dawg. Drama dawgs constantly have weird stuff happening to them and around them. That stuff always involves bunches of other people getting all whipped up in the drama. Drama dawgs do not feel alive unless everyone around them is participating it their current drama.

I don't like drama dawgs. If I discover one in my life, I do my best to get rid of it quickly. Drama dawgs are not good for children and other living things. Nor are they good for football teams.

baja
04-17-2010, 02:58 AM
Generally agree. Some people are drama dawgs. Brandon Marshall is a born double drama dawg. Drama dawgs constantly have weird stuff happening to them and around them. That stuff always involves bunches of other people getting all whipped up in the drama. Drama dawgs do not feel alive unless everyone around them is participating it their current drama.

I don't like drama dawgs. If I discover one in my life, I do my best to get rid of it quickly. Drama dawgs are not good for children and other living things. Nor are they good for football teams.

Good post!

Carlos Castaneda called them "worthy advisories".

Eckhart Tolle calls it an expression of the "pain body"

It can never be satisfied only surrendered.

rastaman
04-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Okay, I'm obviously a Marshall fan ... but when you put it that way, it's just nuts.

What is Parcells smoking? Was there really such a clamor for Brandon's services that Tuna was forced to go to such lengths? Seems to me Brandon's history would mitigate toward contract concessions, not escalators.

Perhaps the Tuna and the HC felt Marshall was the missing ingredient to the Phins taking the next step as an elite winning franchise in the NFL.

Point is, both the Broncos and the Dolphins have conducted their risk vs rewards scenario with not paying Marshall and making Marshall the highest paid WR in the NFL. Now only time will tell which franchise made the right decision. More than likely even Bowlen let Shanahan go two years too early and McDaniel's will be judged as the wrong hire.

Keep in mind getting rid of Cutler and Marshall in consecutive seasons may come back to haunt the Broncos; especially if Denver is unable to replace Jay and Brandon----Denver flounders in proceeding seasons, while Cutler and Marshall go on to have pro bowl seasons, continuous post season appearances with their new teams and making their team and teammates around them better.

Then of course should the un-thinkable happen and both Cutler and Marshall win a couple of SB's and get inducted into the HOF; the Broncos will forever be known on the NFL Network and NFL history as the franchise that have made perhaps the biggest bungles of any team in the history of the NFL.

Now of course if Cutler continues to be an interception machine/Jeff George and Marshall returns to getting in trouble off the field and becomes the next PAC Man Jones.....then Bowlen and McDaniel's will be vindicated and the NFL world will say both owner and HC made the right decision in trading both Cutler and Marshall.

Durango
04-17-2010, 11:54 AM
I seriously doubt that Brandon Marshall is going to 'make' the Dolphins. Chad Henne is an unknown at this stage of his career, but I think we know enough to say with some confidence he isn't the second coming of Dan Marino. He may not even be the second coming of Chad Pennington. Marshall will be successful because he's a supreme talent, but Miami still has too many missing pieces for him to be the one that completes the puzzle, and even Jerry Rice wasn't going to lead the 49ers to all those Super Bowls without Joe Montana.

Dagmar
04-17-2010, 12:18 PM
I seriously doubt that Brandon Marshall is going to 'make' the Dolphins. Chad Henne is an unknown at this stage of his career, but I think we know enough to say with some confidence he isn't the second coming of Dan Marino. He may not even be the second coming of Chad Pennington. Marshall will be successful because he's a supreme talent, but Miami still has too many missing pieces for him to be the one that completes the puzzle, and even Jerry Rice wasn't going to lead the 49ers to all those Super Bowls without Joe Montana.

WR don't "make" teams.

rastaman
04-17-2010, 08:39 PM
does anyone know if the domestic violence laws in Florida are more or less harsh than the same laws in colorado? Brandon ought to brush up on any noteworthy differences, or at least get a lawyer on retainer who's familiar with the laws in Florida. ;)

what? too soon?

(yes, i know Brandon is from Florida).

Marshall played college ball in Florida. However, Marshall is from Pittsburgh.:~ohyah!:

Tombstone RJ
04-17-2010, 10:14 PM
hey I met litton once...