PDA

View Full Version : T.Owens

robbieopperude
04-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Would you take him for 1 year and around 4 million? This means we would not draft Dez at pick 11. Thoughts?

I would say go ahead and invest. The risk/reward factor is in our favor.

loborugger
04-14-2010, 07:03 PM
No

Dagmar
04-14-2010, 07:05 PM
http://cheezburger.com/lolbuilder.aspx?preview=1&source=http%3A//images.cheezburger.com/imagestore/2010/4/14/d8021baa-d667-4565-82a6-2b51f264350a.jpg&top=&bottom=Nooooooooooo%21%21&middle=&font=Impact&color=White&size=50&bold=true&italic=false&underlined=false&style=outline&opacity=100&topalignment=left&middlealignment=left&bottomalignment=center

baja
04-14-2010, 07:06 PM
This would be the year to get him if there ever was one but still No.

Well maybe... I'd trust Josh on this one.

_Oro_
04-14-2010, 07:06 PM
/puke

robbieopperude
04-14-2010, 07:14 PM
1 year 4 million dollars.
I would rather have T.O. and take McClain or Williams at 11 then take Dez.

robbieopperude
04-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Hell...I would rather take Taylor Mays or the S from Tex. there too.

KevinJames
04-14-2010, 07:16 PM
hell no

Requiem
04-14-2010, 07:18 PM
Do you really think we would consider Terrell Owens after we just traded his bastard child to the Dolphins? Like Father, Like Son. Good album, but that ain't happenin'. :)

ColoradoDarin
04-14-2010, 07:22 PM
Bwhwhahahahahahhaha

Good one. I needed that laugh.

rastaman
04-14-2010, 07:24 PM
Would you take him for 1 year and around 4 million? This means we would not draft Dez at pick 11. Thoughts?

I would say go ahead and invest. The risk/reward factor is in our favor.

TO wouldn't be a good fit for McD's dink and dunk bubble screen offense and an inconsistent throwing Orton at QB.

brother love
04-14-2010, 07:31 PM
Get your popcorn ready!

broncosteven
04-14-2010, 07:39 PM
Why dump Marshall and replace him with another malcontent.

Get used to watching Gaffney attempt to be a #1 Wr for a couple more years.

Maybe he does find a way to use Royal. This year will answer a lot of questions.

baja
04-14-2010, 07:41 PM

Maybe he does find a way to use Royal. This year will answer a lot of questions.

The difference is we don't have to give TO

fifty million dollars

broncosteven
04-14-2010, 07:50 PM
The difference is we don't have to give TO

fifty million dollars

I thought it was about lack of team 1st attitude and the risk of another off field incident. If it werent those 2 issues we would have paid the real WR and not be talking about getting a guy who is over the hill just to fill a hole.

Gaffney is our new #1 WR. He can block down field and run comeback routes.

Popps
04-14-2010, 07:53 PM
I'm obviously not in favor, and it's highly unlikely... but if the price was right, I wouldn't totally rule it out as a possibility. But, an extremely remote, as in <10% chance.

Remember, McDaniels watched Bill B. remake Moss. Would he consider Owens as a stop-gap if he came cheap? Owens seemed to behave last season.

Highly unlikely, but I wouldn't say impossible.

baja
04-14-2010, 07:59 PM
I thought it was about lack of team 1st attitude and the risk of another off field incident. If it werent those 2 issues we would have paid the real WR and not be talking about getting a guy who is over the hill just to fill a hole.

Once your locker room is solid in your type of player than you can afford a troubled hired gun once and a while. Thing is at this stage of the game if he didn't work out it would not due that much damage assuming he would play for reasonable. Bet he would love to end his career in a quality organization

broncosteven
04-14-2010, 08:00 PM
I'm obviously not in favor, and it's highly unlikely... but if the price was right, I wouldn't totally rule it out as a possibility. But, an extremely remote, as in <10% chance.

Remember, McDaniels watched Bill B. remake Moss. Would he consider Owens as a stop-gap if he came cheap? Owens seemed to behave last season.

Highly unlikely, but I wouldn't say impossible.

Wouldn't that be a step back for the whole team 1st philosphy and work ethic that mCd forced upon us last year? He would just replace one bad apple with one that is a team killer.

Everyone just needs to accept that Gaffeny is the #1, We don't have a NFL caliber starting #2 yet, and Royal is our slot guy.

Maybe the draft changes that, maybe they try to pick up Ginn but there is not alot of quality or depth at WR which I am fine with if we get a Stud LG and C along with an LB and Defensive line play.

If mCd wins this year it is because of the team he built and not because he picked up an over the hill career malcontent.

Baba Booey
04-14-2010, 08:02 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/31g0YE61PLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/31g0YE61PLQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

broncosteven
04-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Once your locker room is solid in your type of player than you can afford a troubled hired gun once and a while. Thing is at this stage of the game if he didn't work out it would not due that much damage assuming he would play for reasonable. Bet he would love to end his career in a quality organization

After making the point last year of sitting Marshall, Sheffler in the last game of the year with the playoffs on the line that the team came 1st he cannot afford to change his stance now.

It would negate the whole philosphy we was trying to instill in his guys.

Popps
04-14-2010, 11:06 PM
Wouldn't that be a step back for the whole team 1st philosphy and work ethic that mCd forced upon us last year? He would just replace one bad apple with one that is a team killer..

I agree. That's why I think there's less than 10% chance it could happen.
By that I mean, less than 10% we'd even consider.

BUT, the wild card would be... does McD see Owens as a cancer? The whole league saw Moss as a waste until Bill B. turned him into a vital part of a record-setting offense. (Do I think he's a head-case... of course. Perhaps not as bad as 5 years ago, but of course.)

Owens would come cheap, and ensure we had decent production for a stop-gap season as we develop whoever we draft this year. Owens kept his mouth shut last year, even when the media tried to drag something out of him. If the price was right, I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility, just highly unlikely.

Again, not advocating... just presenting a possible scenario.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-14-2010, 11:09 PM
No and I dont see what one has to do with the other. I'll never understand why some fans approach the draft like next season is the last season in the history of the NFL.

Dagmar
04-14-2010, 11:16 PM
I agree. That's why I think there's less than 10% chance it could happen.
By that I mean, less than 10% we'd even consider.

BUT, the wild card would be... does McD see Owens as a cancer? The whole league saw Moss as a waste until Bill B. turned him into a vital part of a record-setting offense. (Do I think he's a head-case... of course. Perhaps not as bad as 5 years ago, but of course.)

Owens would come cheap, and ensure we had decent production for a stop-gap season as we develop whoever we draft this year. Owens kept his mouth shut last year, even when the media tried to drag something out of him. If the price was right, I'm just saying it's not out of the realm of possibility, just highly unlikely.

Again, not advocating... just presenting a possible scenario.

It's a very reasoned response. Moss = Owens, Owens is a bit older, it is certainly something coach has dealt with. I think Owens is aging though, Moss still had that threat, does Owens? Also, to a point Moss shut up and played, would Owens?

HAT
04-14-2010, 11:30 PM

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/105/298998173_bc1b5559ba.jpg

Rev's "expect to be 10-6" prediction last summer is proud of you. :pimp:

Houshyamama
04-15-2010, 12:22 AM
How good is Dez Bryant?

~Crash~
04-15-2010, 12:30 AM
How good is Dez Bryant?

so what you are saying is get rid of a big problem WR for another one ...hmmmmmm sounds like you are sucker for punishment..

DBroncos4life
04-15-2010, 12:31 AM
How good is Dez Bryant?

Potential super star. He is better then Michael Crabtree IMHO.

NFLBRONCO
04-15-2010, 12:36 AM

BM #2 as well

DBroncos4life
04-15-2010, 12:42 AM
BM #2 as well

Right. Breaking man's law is on the same level as breaking NCAA laws. You people never shock me when it comes to blowing something out of proportion.

Houshyamama
04-15-2010, 01:19 AM

I really think he is our pick if he's there at 11. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but that's my hunch.

ZONA
04-15-2010, 02:00 AM
How good is Dez Bryant?

Hilarious!

I get it.

~Crash~
04-15-2010, 02:06 AM
**** shoot me already

Popps
04-15-2010, 02:19 AM
It's a very reasoned response. Moss = Owens, Owens is a bit older, it is certainly something coach has dealt with. I think Owens is aging though, Moss still had that threat, does Owens? Also, to a point Moss shut up and played, would Owens?

Owens managed to stay quiet in Buffalo... when they weren't throwing him the ball and the team was garbage. The media couldn't even goad him into good sound bytes.

That said, you're right... he's up there in age. This could be the season he breaks down.

Not advocating it, but I just have this odd feeling that some team will get a decent value on the dollar for signing him. Just a gut feeling.

robbieopperude
04-15-2010, 02:34 AM
I like bargain shopping too. I can tell you one thing. I will eat crow the day that McD's system is so good that we don't even need a good QB,RB, or WR to win enough games to make the playoffs. Right now we have 0 of 3. I for one believe that we won't be very good for the next few years while McD tries to put together his pieces. Right now T.Owens would be the best WR on this team. I also believe he would be good with bubble screens because his tackle breaking ability is one of his best assets.

Someone else mentioned that McD is trying to put together a quality locker room with good character players. I ask doesn't it also matter that the players in the locker room are talented? It remains to be seen if he can locate talent on "O"

I do love the moves he made on D again this offseason.

The MVPlaya
04-15-2010, 02:49 AM
I'm an advocate for T.O.

He's a veteran WR that could really help this team (yes I know, old team). He obviously doesn't have any off-field problems - and he's older now and much smarter with what he does and doesn't do. He proved in Buffalo that he's toned down his "cancerous" ways.

T.O. could definitely be useful to this team. He had his career long TD catch last year for **** sake (98 yards).

T.O. is not as fast and his hands are questionable - but if we draft Dez Bryant, what better player than T.O. to show him how to become an elite NFL WR with similar physical playing styles?

extralife
04-15-2010, 04:27 AM
Oh man, you think TO would be interested in (or capable of) teaching another player something. That's great.

The MVPlaya
04-15-2010, 04:33 AM
Oh man, you think TO would be interested in (or capable of) teaching another player something. That's great.

interested? Questionable.

capable? Yeah...

T.O. will be able to reflect on mistakes he made...

rastaman
04-15-2010, 04:44 AM
Owens managed to stay quiet in Buffalo... when they weren't throwing him the ball and the team was garbage. The media couldn't even goad him into good sound bytes.

That said, you're right... he's up there in age. This could be the season he breaks down.

Not advocating it, but I just have this odd feeling that some team will get a decent value on the dollar for signing him. Just a gut feeling.

Why would TO want to come to a team that is rebuilding and play in an offensive passing scheme that doesn't suit his talent?

Dr. Broncenstein
04-15-2010, 06:00 AM
Why would TO want to come to a team that is rebuilding and play in an offensive passing scheme that doesn't suit his talent?

Why are you still posting here? Didn't we just trade you?

ColoradoDarin
04-15-2010, 06:13 AM

Rasta is on my iggy, but since you quoted him... The Answer is Buffalo, last season.

baja
04-15-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm an advocate for T.O.

He's a veteran WR that could really help this team (yes I know, old team). He obviously doesn't have any off-field problems - and he's older now and much smarter with what he does and doesn't do. He proved in Buffalo that he's toned down his "cancerous" ways.

T.O. could definitely be useful to this team. He had his career long TD catch last year for **** sake (98 yards).

T.O. is not as fast and his hands are questionable - but if we draft Dez Bryant, what better player than T.O. to show him how to become an elite NFL WR with similar physical playing styles?

There might be a couple of reasons to consider bringing in TO but to teach another player isn't one of them. Besides if we were to draft Dez we don't need TO. Horrible take dude. ;D

Hogan11
04-15-2010, 07:54 AM

"Just going with the plays that are called"

kamakazi_kal
04-15-2010, 07:55 AM

this.

TailgateNut
04-15-2010, 07:55 AM
TO would motivate me to Boo the Broncos for the first time.

Old Dude
04-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Seems like almost every fanboard has a TO temptation thread every year. Followed within a month by the Favre unretirement announcement.

So what do you guys think? Should we go after Brett?

gyldenlove
04-15-2010, 08:32 AM
I am going to have to break out Dr Perry Cox again?

rastaman
04-15-2010, 08:39 AM

No......we traded you, didn't you get the MEMO!

rastaman
04-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Seems like almost every fanboard has a TO temptation thread every year. Followed within a month by the Favre unretirement announcement.

So what do you guys think? Should we go after Brett?

Brett and McD would never get along!

rastaman
04-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Rasta is on my iggy, but since you quoted him... The Answer is Buffalo, last season.

You are a legend in your own mind.

BroncosSR
04-15-2010, 08:44 AM
definitely i'd TO for his market price right now... still a good reciever...

Beantown Bronco
04-15-2010, 08:56 AM
No and I dont see what one has to do with the other. I'll never understand why some fans approach the draft like next season is the last season in the history of the NFL.

To be fair, there is still the very distinct possibility of a lockout in 2011.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-15-2010, 09:27 AM
To be fair, there is still the very distinct possibility of a lockout in 2011.

Oh please, people do this every single year. It has nothing to do with the potential lockout.

JCMElway
04-15-2010, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't mind signing TO to a two year deal on the cheap. If he gets lippy, just cut him. No big whoop, and he would contribute on the field. Not a bad idea.

Beantown Bronco
04-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Oh please, people do this every single year. It has nothing to do with the potential lockout.

I completely understand that. I'm just saying that, in cases this year, the practice makes sense.....because there very well might not be football after this season.

Popps
04-15-2010, 12:04 PM

Devil's advocate, he played in Buffalo last year, for flip's sake. It doesn't get any worse for an offensive player.

Owens has eyes, and he saw what Marshall did in our system last season. He would be this year's Marshall. He also knows that McDaniels is a bright coach and has run one of the more effective offenses in the league.

Again, I'm not advocating so much as presenting a counter-case to the "impossible" claims.

I think Dez Bryant is impossible because he has accomplished nothing, has had major character issues and can't even perform at Pro Day.

Owens, for all his problems... has been on successful teams, has ability and stayed in check last season.

I think we'll look to go WR in the early rounds of the draft. I don't think Owens is on our radar. I also won't rule out another FA WR coming in, or maybe trade.

That said, I wouldn't rule Owens out 100%, I just think it's highly unlikely.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-15-2010, 12:07 PM
I completely understand that. I'm just saying that, in cases this year, the practice makes sense.....because there very well might not be football after this season.

You really thnk there will NEVER be football again after this season? Ill make you a bet on that

Popps
04-15-2010, 12:08 PM
It's Bleacher Report, so it means nothing... but speculates us as one of his 10 most likely destinatinos...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/374987-10-pre-draft-landing-spots-for-terrell-owens#page/1

baja
04-15-2010, 12:15 PM
I have been anti TO forever but this year in Denver at a reasonable deal (read cuttable) I think it makes sense especially given TO is at the end of his career and he is not stupid he knows he does not have the influence he once had on a team.

cutthemdown
04-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Naw wait for a rent a vet with less baggage to come free, draft a young one, and keep rebuilding the team. Broncos a ways away from a Superbowl no reason to sign Owens.

gyldenlove
04-15-2010, 12:32 PM
Devil's advocate, he played in Buffalo last year, for flip's sake. It doesn't get any worse for an offensive player.

Owens has eyes, and he saw what Marshall did in our system last season. He would be this year's Marshall. He also knows that McDaniels is a bright coach and has run one of the more effective offenses in the league.

Again, I'm not advocating so much as presenting a counter-case to the "impossible" claims.

I think Dez Bryant is impossible because he has accomplished nothing, has had major character issues and can't even perform at Pro Day.

Owens, for all his problems... has been on successful teams, has ability and stayed in check last season.

I think we'll look to go WR in the early rounds of the draft. I don't think Owens is on our radar. I also won't rule out another FA WR coming in, or maybe trade.

That said, I wouldn't rule Owens out 100%, I just think it's highly unlikely.

I just don't see how you can preach a team first approach and then go and get a player like TO who has proven himself to definitely not be a team first guy. Talent or not, if all the team-first talk has to mean anything and have any credibility you simply can not sign a player like TO.

Hogan11
04-15-2010, 01:09 PM
I just don't see how you can preach a team first approach and then go and get a player like TO who has proven himself to definitely not be a team first guy. Talent or not, if all the team-first talk has to mean anything and have any credibility you simply can not sign a player like TO.

Agreed.

People tend to forget that Buffalo basically only got the guy last year for publicity and coverage anyways....that became apparent very early on in '09.

robbieopperude
04-15-2010, 05:09 PM
All I am saying is that he would be a good option for us if we pass on Dez at 11. He would help with the offense and I think his skill set would fit right in with the offense. He does have questionable hands but I think B.Marsh also had a lot of drops last year.

TDmvp
04-15-2010, 05:14 PM
T.Owens

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/492/shootthedog.jpg

I feel the same as I did when a lot of people in Denver wanted him before he went to Dallas ... Hell No !!! to T.O.

Popps
04-15-2010, 06:28 PM
I just don't see how you can preach a team first approach and then go and get a player like TO who has proven himself to definitely not be a team first guy..

See my post a few back.

I agree.

I simply presented a POSSIBLE scenario that might involve...

1. McDaniels not believing he's a cancer
2. McDaniels believing he's worth the risk/reward. (Remember, Marshall wanted a massive contract, which was the real problem.)
3. Owens possibly being willing to be a role player and keep quiet, which he basically did in Buffalo.

All that said, I agree I think it's unlikely for the reasons you state. I'm just saying that I don't think it to be totally impossible.

robbieopperude
04-15-2010, 09:45 PM
4. If we don't get some athletes on Offense we better plan on the "D" pitching shutouts each week so we can win 10 to 0.

Tomeboy58801
04-16-2010, 12:07 AM
I would be in favor of giving him a look, if we could get him cheap enough. Everyone thought the same thing about Randy Moss and the Patriots change his attitude. I am not saying it would work but, why not take a look.

baja
04-16-2010, 12:12 AM
I would be in favor of giving him a look, if we could get him cheap enough. Everyone thought the same thing about Randy Moss and the Patriots change his attitude. I am not saying it would work but, why not take a look.

It's easy to keep malcontents happy if you are winning.

ScottXray
04-16-2010, 10:48 AM
I think if he can be had on the cheap for 1-2 years it helps our WR
problems and puts an experienced vet on the O in a skill position. He kept his nose clean in Buffalo last year, and knows that he only has one or maybe two stops left in his carreer. Plus it frees us from having to invest a high pick this year on an unproven rookie WR, and frees that pick up for investment in the highest need areas (OL?LB?DL).

Of course it needs to be somewhat cheap (5-6 mill for 2 years?) All of our receivers seem to have drop problems at times, so that's nothing new.