04-14-2010, 06:15 PM
debrief

Chris
04-14-2010, 06:29 PM
I am at work.

Report please!

baja
04-14-2010, 06:54 PM
They all say what's up with McD letting Cutler Marshall Scheffler and Nolan get away they are claiming guilty by volume.

They say we should take Dez because marshall is gone. I think many of us here have a better understanding of the direction of this team than they do

That cocaine addicted ex receiver from Dallas said really really bad trade for Denver.

Not as much on the draft as advertised.

Borks147
04-14-2010, 06:57 PM
I think many of us here have a better understanding of the direction of this team than they do

end thread.

Borks147
04-14-2010, 06:58 PM
well not really end thread - but the thing is that in a fantasy football driven world, giving up Marshall is dumb. In a I want ****ing superbowl trophies world, it makes all the sense in the world

meangene
04-14-2010, 07:09 PM
It was "analysis" by Baldinger and Douche. Need I say more? Nothing to see or hear here - move along.

Tombstone RJ
04-14-2010, 07:12 PM
I can't stand Baldinger. I'd like to break his other finger, he's such a twisted poopcicle.

Archer81
04-14-2010, 07:16 PM
NFLN talking head 1: Broncos suck. They need a WR.

Adam Scheffter: They are thinking O-line with their first pick.

NFLN Talking head 2: Balderdash. They need a WR. Otherwise they will suck. McDaniels is a tyrant *rabble rabble rabble*

Adam Scheffter: **** this, I am going to ESPN.

NFLN Talking Head 3: And now Jason Lacawamba has a report from Denver

Jason Lacawamba: RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE *SNORT.

:Broncos:

lex
04-14-2010, 07:17 PM
well not really end thread - but the thing is that in a fantasy football driven world, giving up Marshall is dumb. In a I want ****ing superbowl trophies world, it makes all the sense in the world

Its not that it makes all the sense in the world. Having Marshall doesnt preclude you from winning SBs. But I kind of agree with the sentiment you seem to be alluding to that in some ways youre better off concentrating resources on interior offensive linemen and other areas.

lex
04-14-2010, 07:23 PM
NFLN talking head 1: Broncos suck. They need a WR.

Adam Scheffter: They are thinking O-line with their first pick.

NFLN Talking head 2: Balderdash. They need a WR. Otherwise they will suck. McDaniels is a tyrant *rabble rabble rabble*

Adam Scheffter: **** this, I am going to ESPN.

NFLN Talking Head 3: And now Jason Lacawamba has a report from Denver

Jason Lacawamba: RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE *SNORT.

That was an awesome summary of NFLNs Denver coverage over the last few years. I remember last year they were insistant that it had to be Mark Sanchez and no one else. Cutler was a QB and they were OK with relying on Orton. If thats the case for a QB, why are they so certain that its WR?

Also, is Eddie Royal garbage?

When you look at a lot of the WRs drafted into the Erhart-Perkins offense, most of them are smallish route runners, whether its the WRs from the early Pats teams in the 2000s or whether its the WRs for the Giants during the Parcells era. I cant remember if Parcells drafted Keyshawn Johnson. If so, he would be the exception. But even at that, Chrebet was just as productive in that offense and he was-shock- a smallish WR who was a good route runner.

Archer81
04-14-2010, 07:27 PM
That was an awesome summary of NFLNs Denver coverage over the last few years. I remember last year they were insistant that it had to be Mark Sanchez and no one else. Cutler was a QB and they were OK with relying on Orton. If thats the case for a QB, why are they so certain that its WR?

Also, is Eddie Royal garbage?

When you look at a lot of the WRs drafted into the Erhart-Perkins offense, most of them are smallish route runners, whether its the WRs from the early Pats teams in the 2000s or whether its the WRs for the Giants during the Parcells era. I cant remember if Parcells drafted Keyshawn Johnson. If so, he would be the exception. But even at that, Chrebet was just as productive in that offense and he was-shock- a smallish WR who was a good route runner.

Johnson was drafted by Kotite after the Jets went 1-15.

I was ripping on NFLNetwork, who only repeats what is said in the Denverpost. They dont do true analysis. Denver would be better off going with an OL or a DL, if not one of those, trade back in the 1st to get a guy for better value.

Edit* Royal is not garbage. He had a soph. slump, which is typical for WRs. I expect him to rebound and contribute.

lex
04-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Johnson was drafted by Kotite after the Jets went 1-15.

I was ripping on NFLNetwork, who only repeats what is said in the Denverpost. They dont do true analysis. Denver would be better off going with an OL or a DL, if not one of those, trade back in the 1st to get a guy for better value.

Edit* Royal is not garbage. He had a soph. slump, which is typical for WRs. I expect him to rebound and contribute.

I dont really think Royal had a slump. I mean, if they dont throw to him, what is he supposed to do? If he's running longer routes that Orton doesnt feel comfortable throwing, what is Royal supposed to do? Royal's a great route runner. That didnt change last year.

Archer81
04-14-2010, 07:46 PM
I dont really think Royal had a slump. I mean, if they dont throw to him, what is he supposed to do? If he's running longer routes that Orton doesnt feel comfortable throwing, what is Royal supposed to do? Royal's a great route runner. That didnt change last year.

Royal had to pull double duty as a returner. Took him out of the rythm of the offense. Now that Marshall is gone, his opportunities should increase, especially since Orton has had more time to work specifically with him and find out where he likes the football placed in the air.