PDA

View Full Version : Post-Marshall, McClain or Bryant?

Killericon
04-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Poll to follow(remade to include "Other").

Paladin
04-14-2010, 12:52 PM
McClain

ColoradoDarin
04-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Neither.

CJ Spiller! or Dan Williams! or Haden!

jhat01
04-14-2010, 12:55 PM
Other. Trade down and solidify the interior line.

long beach bronco
Spill the beans!!! Spiller

Rabb
if McClain is there I would like him, otherwise BPA

OBF1
04-14-2010, 12:58 PM
See who falls first.... then either trade back (If we find a partner) or go with Dan Williams.

Dedhed
04-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Dez would at least produce on the field, but then he's bound to go Marshall on us. McClain is going to be a major NFL disappointment imo.

dbfan21
04-14-2010, 12:59 PM
McClain. Then go heavy on offense (interior OL, WR, interior OL). :sunshine:

Rabb
04-14-2010, 01:00 PM
man if we could get McClain in the first then Tate in the 2nd, I would be happy

Broncosfreak_56
04-14-2010, 01:04 PM
We need firepower on offense with Marshall gone. I would be happy with Dez or spiller. But I wouldn't complain with Dan Williams, mcclain, or even trade back and pick up iupati.

ZONA
04-14-2010, 01:06 PM
See who falls first.... then either trade back (If we find a partner) or go with Dan Williams.

I like this idea. If Haden is there, I would be tempted. But, I'd rather trade down, pick up an extra 2nd rounder (giving us 3) and move down 5 slots or so and hope Dan Williams is there. By getting the two extra 2nd's, I'm sure we could land Benn and help make up for the loss of Marshall.

Rohirrim
04-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Bulaga, Dan Williams or trade down.

s0phr0syne
04-14-2010, 01:13 PM
get t3h hillis BACK!

;)

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 01:16 PM
I keep watching these Spiller highlights and coming up with the same three words: DAMN!!! DAMN!!!! DAMN!!!. :)

Rabb
04-14-2010, 01:17 PM
I keep watching these Spiller highlights and coming up with the same three words: DAMN!!! DAMN!!!! DAMN!!!. :)

I think we would be looking at a very similar situation as the Titans had with Spiller and Moreno

I would not be upset one bit

lex
04-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Whats funny is that I was big on Spiller a long time ago and people found it upsetting.

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
I didn't find it upsetting.

ZONA
04-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Whats funny is that I was big on Spiller a long time ago and people found it upsetting.

Well it just doesn't seem logical to me to use your 1st round pick on a RB two consecutive years in a row. That's not smart drafting.

lex
04-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Well it just doesn't seem logical to me to use your 1st round pick on a RB two consecutive years in a row. That's not smart drafting.

Neither is trading Marshall for a 2nd.

ZONA
04-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Neither is trading Marshall for a 2nd.

Two 2nd round picks, get it right.

And Marshall wanted to be traded and we were not going to keep playing this game with him apparently. Taking a RB with your 1st pick two consecutive years is moronic. I can see paying your primary back 1st round money, but your 3rd down/relief back #11 money? Good god, just think about that for a second. Just try and look past the fancy moves of Spiller for a second and look at the pay structure of your team. It makes no sense at all.

NYBronco
04-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Other, start building that O line.

lex
04-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Two 2nd round picks, get it right.

And Marshall wanted to be traded and we were not going to keep playing this game with him apparently. Taking a RB with your 1st pick two consecutive years is moronic. I can see paying your primary back 1st round money, but your 3rd down/relief back #11 money? Good god, just think about that for a second. Just try and look past the fancy moves of Spiller for a second and look at the pay structure of your team. It makes no sense at all.

They need someone who can provide big plays with the loss of Marshall. The best person for that is Spiller.

Br0nc0Buster
04-14-2010, 02:09 PM
neither
I bet we use our first 2nd to get a receiver
Benn, Tate, hell even Thomas are all possibilities

I doubt we draft McClain at 11
I dont think Josh would cut Davis if he wasnt comfortable with someone currently on the roster

I dont think this trade changes who were were targeting at 11
I just think it means we will take a receiver in the 2nd

so for the first round nothing changes for me
Thomas, Haden, Williams in that order are my preferences

gtown
04-14-2010, 02:11 PM
We are not gonna get McClain.

We are going Spiller, Pouncey, and then Gilyard.

cmhargrove
04-14-2010, 02:11 PM
Can someone please show me one highlight of McClain that impresses them? Seriously folks, I have watched several highlight videos and all I see is a guy that gets to run in open space behind a massive collegiate d-line. For all that, he doesn't really hit that hard for a big 260 lb linebacker. I don't see any reason to be more excited about him than Haggan or Larsen. Larsen has already proven he can play against NFL talent, I have my doubts about McClain.

Spikes also played for a very talented team, but the guy plays much faster, hits harder, and is pretty damn good playing zone coverage. Give me Spikes in the low second / upper third round any day over McClain.

Use our high picks on the line (Offense or Defense), and forget about McClain.

JCMElway
04-14-2010, 03:03 PM
I think Denver trades down and drafts Pouncey. I'd almost guarantee it, I just don't know who the trade partner will be.

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 03:23 PM
I think Denver trades down and drafts Pouncey. I'd almost guarantee it, I just don't know who the trade partner will be.

Philly

ColoradoBuff
04-14-2010, 03:23 PM
McClain..then take Benn, Thomas or maybe Pouncey in the 2nd if he falls.

lex
04-14-2010, 04:34 PM

A lot of peole think Pittsburgh would take Pouncey at 18. Maybe not because they could also use Iupati. Denver seems to need a cenrter worse than a guard though.

Broncoman13
04-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Dez Bryant. Brandon Marshall wasn't traded b/c he wasn't productive or needed for this offense. He wasn't traded b/c he was a behavioral risk. He was traded b/c he was due to be paid like a top 3 receiver and the Broncos weren't willing to do that with his baggage. Look for McD to try and duplicate the production AT A MUCH LOWER PRICE. This comes down to money. He needs the production. Marshall's trade had more to do with $$$ than it did anything else. The #11 pick would cost about $5m per season, that's half price. The more I think about it the more sure I am that Dez will be the pick.

oubronco
04-14-2010, 04:47 PM
Berry falls into our laps would be a nice scenario

Elway777
04-14-2010, 05:01 PM
I would take Bryant because the Broncos need a #1 playmaker on offence.McClain is a good Ted Linebacker but might only be a 2 down player.I think the Ted lnebacker comes out in passing situation. Also done the broncos want to pay 11 pick money on a 2 down player.

Requiem
04-14-2010, 05:08 PM
C.J. Spiller -- I am in love with that man. (No homo)

Elway777
04-14-2010, 05:13 PM
C.J. Spiller -- I am in love with that man. (No homo)
What about Jarvis Best if he fall to 2 round

drail 24 48
04-14-2010, 05:16 PM
Im no good with the draft, but why go with Spiller when we just got Moreno last year

Requiem
04-14-2010, 05:17 PM
What about Jarvis Best if he fall to 2 round

I do not think Best is the same caliber of player, but I think he can be a creative asset to our offensive. Yeah, I'd be for his selection in the second round if he was there. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Bringing in him, Dexter McCluster and a guy like Armanti Edwards -- as well as heavily scouting Jacoby Ford shows the Broncos are interesting in getting an offensive weapon who can be dynamic on our roster. It is gonna go down, and my boner is gonna rise.

Requiem
04-14-2010, 05:22 PM
Im no good with the draft, but why go with Spiller when we just got Moreno last year

Spiller catches the ball, runs the ball and returns the ball. What he can do for this team given his skill-set probably outmatches anyone who will be available at #11 for us -- if he even makes it that far. I have been gay for this guy (along with Moreno) for years now. Getting Spiller would make my last year in college the best ever!

drail 24 48
04-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the insight man :)

Broncoman13
04-14-2010, 05:24 PM
Spiller will have a Percy Harvin like impact, but I don't think we'll go RB #1 two years in a row.

oubronco
04-14-2010, 05:24 PM
with 4 picks in the first 80 I hope McD doesn't **** this up

Requiem
04-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the insight man :)

Well, it isn't much insight -- just my feelings.

He will create mismatches in a lot of aspects of the game when he is on the field. Although a rookie, with us losing Marshall, I feel he can help replace some of the "accountability" defenses placed on our team with his presence on the field. I just think he is a guy, like the poster above mentioned, who can do Percy Harvin like things (I believe he is much better than Harvin, but Harvin is a WO, as opposed to a back) with what he brings to the table. I believe Spiller is going to have a special career in the NFL given his skills.

KevinJames
04-14-2010, 05:26 PM
McClain, Bryant, Spiller

would be happy with either of these 3 unless somehow Eric Berry is there than we must grab him.

I will be pissed if we reach for a DL or OL like Pouncey, Iupati, Odrick, Williams.....

Requiem
04-14-2010, 05:32 PM
McClain, Bryant, Spiller

would be happy with either of these 3 unless somehow Eric Berry is there than we must grab him.

I will be pissed if we reach for a DL or OL like Pouncey, Iupati, Odrick, Williams.....

I don't think Dan Williams is necessarily a reach when he is considered the best pure NT in this class, but I do think we could do much better with a guy whose impact and immediacy to the team would be a lot higher than his. I would be happy with those three as well, (I prefer Weatherspoon to McClain) -- but will **** my brains out and mash them with a straw if Pouncey, Iupati or Odrick are taken at #11. I might just **** my face off with a shotgun too.

Steve Sewell
04-14-2010, 05:39 PM
get t3h hillis BACK!

;)

This made me laugh, thanks lol

In all seriousness, trade down, pick Pouncey. Bam, you have the anchor of your O-line for 12 years and fulfill a position of need right now.

Clady, X, Pouncey, Kuper, Harris...holy **** thats a great young line that wins you championships.

Dedhed
04-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Can someone please show me one highlight of McClain that impresses them? Seriously folks, I have watched several highlight videos and all I see is a guy that gets to run in open space behind a massive collegiate d-line. For all that, he doesn't really hit that hard for a big 260 lb linebacker. I don't see any reason to be more excited about him than Haggan or Larsen. Larsen has already proven he can play against NFL talent, I have my doubts about McClain.

Spikes also played for a very talented team, but the guy plays much faster, hits harder, and is pretty damn good playing zone coverage. Give me Spikes in the low second / upper third round any day over McClain.

Use our high picks on the line (Offense or Defense), and forget about McClain.
I agree completely. I don't think the guy stands a chance at being a great LB in the NFL.

Watching him on film just makes me shake my head. The only plays I've seen him make are when he goes completely untouched to the ball, and like you said, even then he doesn't tackle with any authority. If an offensive player gets a hand on him he wilts like lettuce on a dashboard in July, and cannot get off a block to save his life.

I cannot understand what people see in him, other than winning a National Championship.

KevinJames
04-14-2010, 06:03 PM
I don't think Dan Williams is necessarily a reach when he is considered the best pure NT in this class, but I do think we could do much better with a guy whose impact and immediacy to the team would be a lot higher than his. I would be happy with those three as well, (I prefer Weatherspoon to McClain) -- but will **** my brains out and mash them with a straw if Pouncey, Iupati or Odrick are taken at #11. I might just **** my face off with a shotgun too.

Okay hes not that much of a reach but I just think its better to wait especially with 2 2nds and when you can get a NT like Cody with one of your 2nd round picks and grab a playmaker that will make a an instant impact that sounds like the better deal.

Good point on Weatherspoon I wouldn't mind him I just think McClain would be a better fit next to DJ.

lol the last bolded part I feel you man so many fans want us to reach for Odrick or one of the interior OL I don't get it.

gunns
04-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Bulaga, Dan Williams or trade down.

This. OL or DL and not Odrick.

Requiem
04-14-2010, 06:16 PM
Good thoughts Kevin, REP!

*WARHORSE*
04-14-2010, 06:37 PM
McClain.....IS...........................S........ ........L.................O......................W .

If we draft him in the first round at 11 I will be playing 80s rock with bagpipes along the highway (I dont play the bagpipes) in a snuggie by midnight eastern time. (6pm in Hawaii)

My only companion will be J_A_C_K.

Bigdawg26
04-14-2010, 06:57 PM
I would not trade away a diva WR, and draft another diva WR. I would draft McClain in the first and Benn in the second then take interior linemen with the second second round pick.