PDA

View Full Version : team urges scheffler to sign his tender

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 07:08 AM
i wonder what this could possibly mean. i assume its because they want him back on the team so badly, but i could be wrong

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/04/13/will-tony-scheffler-sign-tender/

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 07:08 AM
They have a trade lined up.

meangene
04-14-2010, 07:09 AM
i wonder what this could possibly mean. I assume its because they want him back on the team so badly, but i could be wrong

lol

Archer81
04-14-2010, 07:13 AM
<TABLE class=tablehead border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Career</TD><TD>138</TD><TD>1896</TD><TD>13.7</TD><TD>72</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

How will we ever replace Scheffler's 34.5 rec for 474 yards and 3.5 TDs a season? HOW?

:Broncos:

strafen
04-14-2010, 07:15 AM
<TABLE class=tablehead border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>Career</TD><TD>138</TD><TD>1896</TD><TD>13.7</TD><TD>72</TD><TD>14</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1.0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

How will we ever replace Scheffler's 34.5 rec for 474 yards and 3.5 TDs a season? HOW?

:Broncos:Especially when he was pretty much benched and under utilixed last season, moron!

PRBronco
04-14-2010, 07:17 AM
To borrow an image from my esteemed colleague Florida Bronco:

http://www.gifflix.com/files/7868c9eaa99d.gif

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Especially when he was pretty much benched and under utilixed last season, moron!

He started more games last year than he did any year with Shanahan.

Hilarious!

barryr
04-14-2010, 07:21 AM
Hopefully to trade. I haven't been a big fan of his and he is so overrated by some around here, it's ridiculous. He's a nonblocking TE who has trouble staying healthy and drops too many balls. Other than that, he's headed to Canton. If they can get even a decent draft pick for him, it's a steal.

Archer81
04-14-2010, 07:22 AM
Especially when he was pretty much benched and under utilixed last season, moron!

He actually started two more games in 2009 then he did in 2008. And much like his previous seasons under Shanahan, would have a single good game, followed up by a month of not doing jack ****.

You claim you are not gay, but you definately have a hardon for Scheffler.

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 07:24 AM
please stop quoting dragster

Drek
04-14-2010, 07:25 AM

So while under utilized and benched he produced just slightly less than his career numbers. Man, what a stud!

You talk about him like he was a pro bowler or something before. Tony Scheffler is not Jason Witten. Even when Shanahan and Cutler where running the team Scheffler was still the #2 TE behind Graham.

He's a one dimensional player that teases with potential but is never consistent. But don't let that stop you from trying to use him as your new soap box about how McDaniels is ruining the team. You sound like the crazy guy preaching about the coming apocalypse on street corners though.

meangene
04-14-2010, 07:26 AM
Hopefully to trade. I haven't been a big fan of his and he is so overrated by some around here, it's ridiculous. He's a nonblocking TE who has trouble staying healthy and drops too many balls. Other than that, he's headed to Canton. If they can get even a decent draft pick for him, it's a steal.

Well, let's see... we had a third round tender on him so that means two fourths! Seriously, I would take a fifth and be done with him. A fourth would be a steal.

ColoradoDarin
04-14-2010, 07:29 AM
please stop quoting dragster

THIS

Drag is exactly what the ignore feature is for.

BroncoInferno
04-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Given that the Steelers got only a 5th for a guy with 79 catches and 1250 yards last season, we'd be lucky to get a Little Caesar's pizza for Scheffler. Maybe we could use him in a trade up.

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Given that the Steelers got only a 5th for a guy with 79 catches and 1250 yards last season, we'd be lucky to get a Little Caesar's pizza for Scheffler. Maybe we could use him in a trade up.

if it inclued crazy bread, count me the **** in. that stuff is delicious.

http://www.emergencyfoodshelf.org/Images/ContentImages/Events/crazy_bread.jpg

Mr.Meanie
04-14-2010, 08:12 AM
So while under utilized and benched he produced just slightly less than his career numbers. Man, what a stud!

You talk about him like he was a pro bowler or something before. Tony Scheffler is not Jason Witten. Even when Shanahan and Cutler where running the team Scheffler was still the #2 TE behind Graham.

He's a one dimensional player that teases with potential but is never consistent. But don't let that stop you from trying to use him as your new soap box about how McDaniels is ruining the team. You sound like the crazy guy preaching about the coming apocalypse on street corners though.

Are you sure? Because dragster said he is better than Dallas Clark

Requiem
04-14-2010, 08:12 AM
My guess is, like Eddie said, that the Broncos have a trade lined up. I'd be surprised if it is higher than a fifth-round selection. I'd be okay with that, but maybe his best value would be a in a trade up with one of our earlier selections (#11, #43, #45 or #80) to get a higher valued target. Get it done, Josh!

Rohirrim
04-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Signing your tender at Dove Valley is like being one of Henry VIII's wives and signing your "confession." It never ends well. :rofl:

gyldenlove
04-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Signing your tender at Dove Valley is like being one of Henry VIII's wives and signing your "confession." It never ends well. :rofl:

It is like going into a bathroom stall with Ben Roethlisberger, you have very little say in the matter but you can be sure you will get screwed over.

Broncoman13
04-14-2010, 08:48 AM
i wonder what this could possibly mean. i assume its because they want him back on the team so badly, but i could be wrong

;)

Good one!ROFL!

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 08:49 AM
My guess is, like Eddie said, that the Broncos have a trade lined up. I'd be surprised if it is higher than a fifth-round selection. I'd be okay with that, but maybe his best value would be a in a trade up with one of our earlier selections (#11, #43, #45 or #80) to get a higher valued target. Get it done, Josh!

It may well be for a player.

Broncoman13
04-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Well, let's see... we had a third round tender on him so that means two fourths! Seriously, I would take a fifth and be done with him. A fourth would be a steal.

Straight up 2nd round tender for him...

Hopeful for a 3rd.

Hamrob
04-14-2010, 08:52 AM

Hilarious!Yeah..he did, with his primary responsibility being to block.

Broncoman13

Doubt it... but it could be.

The Browns have some extra picks to deal.

Who do the Shehawks have at TE?

ND Bronco Fan

Straight up for Ginn.........we get a returner finally. Instead of Royal out there taking an unnecessary beating.

Thats what I would like to see.

RonDaChamp24
04-14-2010, 08:53 AM
To borrow an image from my esteemed colleague Florida Bronco:

http://www.gifflix.com/files/7868c9eaa99d.gif

LOL That is funny!:rofl:

Requiem
04-14-2010, 08:54 AM

You think so? I'd be interested in seeing who you would view as comparative value for him. Got any players in mind, Eddie? :wave:

bowtown
04-14-2010, 08:55 AM
You think so? I'd be interested in seeing who you would view as comparative value for him. Got any players in mind, Eddie? :wave:

Ginn.

SoDak Bronco
04-14-2010, 08:56 AM
What about the skins? They have Cooley, but Shanny loves him some Scheffler.

elsid13
04-14-2010, 08:58 AM
What about the skins? They have Cooley, but Shanny loves him some Scheffler.

They also have Davis, which is a similar player. My bet is Seattle or Arizona. Both teams could do with experience receiving tight end that can stretch the defense in middle of the field.

Lolad
04-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Why are you guys harping on Dragster.

Facts are Facts in 2008 he was #1 in YPG, and #3 in 20+ receptions. He's has not been the focal point in this offense but he can definitely stretch the field and does not drop many balls.

BowlenBall
04-14-2010, 09:01 AM
Just curious -- if we held on to him for one more year, then he left in FA, what kind of comp pick would we get for him? If it's a 3rd, then we'd do just as well to hold on to him for one more year, wouldn't we?

elsid13
04-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Just curious -- if we held on to him for one more year, then he left in FA, what kind of comp pick would we get for him? If it's a 3rd, then we'd do just as well to hold on to him for one more year, wouldn't we?

It would depend on what deal he signed and what FAs Denver brought in. It very rare to get 3rd round comp pick for any player. Most times they are at the end of the 6th or 7th.

Traveler
04-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Heard from Josina it was Sheffler for Alan Branch.:spit:

Traveler
04-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Kidding!

Man-Goblin
04-14-2010, 09:08 AM
sign the tender tony sign the tender tony

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Why are you guys harping on Dragster.

Facts are Facts in 2008 he was #1 in YPG, and #3 in 20+ receptions. He's has not been the focal point in this offense but he can definitely stretch the field and does not drop many balls.

What!?!

your stats above are wrong.

He was the #6 TE in YPG, #46th receiver overall.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1

Where on Earth did you get your numbers?

gyldenlove
04-14-2010, 09:39 AM

He would be worth a 3rd rounder, unless we signed a UFA player to a comparative contract (not really that probable) that would reduce or eliminate the comp pick. So a 3rd rounder.

Bronco Yoda
04-14-2010, 09:41 AM

ROFL!Ha!:notworthy

Rohirrim
04-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Well, the Broncos brought in Tebow to look at today, so maybe they are in the market for a TE? ;D

dbfan21
04-14-2010, 09:43 AM
it is like going into a bathroom stall with ben roethlisberger, you have very little say in the matter but you can be sure you will get screwed over.

rofl!

Bronco Yoda
04-14-2010, 09:43 AM
I wonder if Josh watches the Tudors much?

I kid....I kid

BroncoMan4ever
04-14-2010, 09:44 AM
They have a trade lined up.

i would bet on cleveland being the team that trades for him.

gtown
04-14-2010, 11:38 AM
No!! Not Sheff!!! With no Hillis, which under utilized weapon in McDs doghouse are half the posters here going to pine for?

Archer81
04-14-2010, 11:39 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fbGkxcY7YFU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fbGkxcY7YFU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Dagmar
04-14-2010, 11:53 AM

We get our 2011 6th back?

PRBronco
04-14-2010, 11:55 AM

Or the Bungles, I can't remember the last time they had a TE worth mentioning.

RaiderH8r
04-14-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm just glad Daniel Graham gets to mug the club for his $20 Million. I'm telling you, I can not get open, not block and drop balls for half that price. Right now, today.

gyldenlove
04-14-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm just glad Daniel Graham gets to mug the club for his $20 Million. I'm telling you, I can not get open, not block and drop balls for half that price. Right now, today.

Don't bash on Graham hater, he is a good system and team first guy, just because he doesn't have a whole lot of talent doesn't mean he is not helping the team win or something. Hater.

RaiderH8r
04-14-2010, 12:22 PM
Don't bash on Graham hater, he is a good system and team first guy, just because he doesn't have a whole lot of talent doesn't mean he is not helping the team win or something. Hater.

I keep telling people that I fit this mold precisely. I don't have a lot of talent and I'm totally a team first guy. I can do all of that and not produce on the field for half of what they're paying Graham. I bet I'm funnier than he is too. I'm definitely better looking. And my mom says I'm the sweetest little boy on the block so all that's gotta be worth something in the McKid world.

ColoradoDarin
04-14-2010, 12:26 PM
I keep telling people that I fit this mold precisely. I don't have a lot of talent and I'm totally a team first guy. I can do all of that and not produce on the field for half of what they're paying Graham. I bet I'm funnier than he is too. I'm definitely better looking. And my mom says I'm the sweetest little boy on the block so all that's gotta be worth something in the McKid world.

Are you a beast of a run blocker? Because you know that's half of a TE's duties. Dan makes our run game much better. You have "moron on a message board" over him though. Then again, so do I :)

HAT
04-14-2010, 12:34 PM

I always thought they would be a great fit also.

However....I really think they are going to use Scheff as a throw in to move up/down instead of for a straight pick.

RaiderH8r
04-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Are you a beast of a run blocker? Because you know that's half of a TE's duties. Dan makes our run game much better. You have "moron on a message board" over him though. Then again, so do I :)

Damn, how could I forget? That's why Denver was so kick ass on short yardage situations last year. Graham is a beast. a $20M no catching, no running, fat man beast.

broncocalijohn
04-14-2010, 12:36 PM

Quinn isnt that answer either. Graham?

ColoradoDarin
04-14-2010, 12:38 PM
Damn, how could I forget? That's why Denver was so kick ass on short yardage situations last year. Graham is a beast. a $20M no catching, no running, fat man beast.

Our problem was the interior blocking. We ran just fine on the edges. Are you sure you watch football? :yayaya:

HAT
04-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Actually....NE is desperately thin at TE.

Scheff can't block but they have Crumpler for that?

If you believe the charts and accept that Scheff is worth about a low 4th/high 5th.......

#11 + Scheff is roughly equal to #22 + #47 coming back from NE.

It's a pipe dream, I know, but how good would #'s 22, 43, 45 & 47 look in a draft like this?

RaiderH8r
04-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Our problem was the interior blocking. We ran just fine on the edges. Are you sure you watch football? :yayaya:

Which explains why we ran to the edges in short yardage situations. Are you sure you understand football?

ColoradoDarin
04-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Which explains why we ran to the edges in short yardage situations. Are you sure you understand football?

Then why was everyone complaining about running up the gut on every 3rd & 1?

rastaman
04-14-2010, 12:49 PM

Hilarious!

True. But remember players need to play in a system that will utilize and exploite their unique skills and the HC must believe and want to use said players in their system.

Scheffler and Hillis were not McD type players. Either McD had made up his mind who wants or wanted to replace these guys with or Scheff and Hillis just didn't fit McD's scheme.

RaiderH8r
04-14-2010, 12:53 PM
Then why was everyone complaining about running up the gut on every 3rd & 1?

Either you're right about Graham and pounding the ball behind him was good for short yardage and McKid is wrong and he couldn't figure that out...

OR

You're wrong about Graham and he didn't block for ****, especially in short yardage, and McKid knew this and put the ball where it had the best chance for success.

Dedhed
04-14-2010, 12:55 PM

"Well" is debatable. If you're a whiny malcontent who isn't big on accountability, getting out of Denver is perfect.

Paladin
04-14-2010, 12:56 PM
This message is hidden because rastaman is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Go away again. please.......

ColoradoDarin
04-14-2010, 12:58 PM
Either you're right about Graham and pounding the ball behind him was good for short yardage and McKid is wrong and he couldn't figure that out...

OR

You're wrong about Graham and he didn't block for ****, especially in short yardage, and McKid knew this and put the ball where it had the best chance for success.

OR

You don't run long developing runs (such as to the edges) on third and short.

OR

The other team is trying to stop you as well and the QB should be checking out of the run.

PRBronco
04-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Actually....NE is desperately thin at TE.

Scheff can't block but they have Crumpler for that?

If you believe the charts and accept that Scheff is worth about a low 4th/high 5th.......

#11 + Scheff is roughly equal to #22 + #47 coming back from NE.

It's a pipe dream, I know, but how good would #'s 22, 43, 45 & 47 look in a draft like this?

Lol, we'd have to spend the next offseason listening to everyone pining for whoever was chosen 44th, 46th and 48th.

You're right though, I'd love that move. 22 is a perfect spot to grab Iupati, Pouncey or Spoon. Even a guy like Alualu wouldn't be the worst pick in the world there.

ColoradoDarin
04-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Lol, we'd have to spend the next offseason listening to everyone pining for whoever was chosen 44th, 46th and 48th.

You're right though, I'd love that move. 22 is a perfect spot to grab Iupati, Pouncey or Spoon. Even a guy like Alualu wouldn't be the worst pick in the world there.

This! Man those would be awesome draft spots this year. We'd get major value. (and yeah.... Ed Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed)

RaiderH8r
04-14-2010, 01:24 PM
OR

You don't run long developing runs (such as to the edges) on third and short.

OR

The other team is trying to stop you as well and the QB should be checking out of the run.

Long developing or not, a beast is a beast.

rastaman
04-14-2010, 01:31 PM
This message is hidden because rastaman is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

Go away again. please.......

I guess we have each other on ignore. Thanks for the heads-up!

lex
04-14-2010, 01:32 PM

I would have guessed Cleveland. Holmgren has always liked TEs. No, that wasnt a wisecrack about Holmgren being gay.

PRBronco
04-14-2010, 01:36 PM
I would have guessed Cleveland. Holmgren has always liked TEs. No, that wasnt a wisecrack about Holmgren being gay.

Apparently they signed Ben Watson as a FA this year, who knew? I just found out this morning when I was reviewing the Patriot's needs.

rastaman
04-14-2010, 01:38 PM

What do you think about the possibility of the Ravens or Wash. entertaining interest in Scheffler? Both teams could use TE-slot type receiver to help their receiving corp?

lex
04-14-2010, 01:44 PM
What do you think about the possibility of the Ravens or Wash. entertaining interest in Scheffler? Both teams could use TE-slot type receiver to help their receiving corp?

Cooley is in Washington and, unfortunately, during the short time Scheffler has been in the league, a lot of slot--in space-- TEs have been available in the draft.

I think the Ravens is a good spot. I actually think Miami is another spot but Im sure tha paisano has a soft spot for his Pasano. I think Arizona is actually good spot depending on what other signings there are tha I dont know about. Saints are another team. There are a few but there have also been a lot of guys like Scheff in the draft lately.

cousinal11
04-14-2010, 01:47 PM
Seattle has Carlson.

Garcia Bronco
04-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Scheflfler is worthless. If we got a 6th round pick for him I'd be impressed.

NYBronco
04-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Where is the worst possible place Denver can negotiate a trade for Scheffler?

baja
04-14-2010, 01:58 PM
Whet ever we do get for scheffler I hope it's this year and not next. next year's draft will be weak.

I will be happy with a low 3rd or a high 4th or even a player that can be either a non skill position starter or role player.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 01:58 PM

For him? Any place that still plays on artificial turf. He'll break himself the first home game and be hurt on and off the rest of the season.

baja
04-14-2010, 01:59 PM

For him Buffalo

Man-Goblin
04-14-2010, 02:01 PM

Um, here!

http://maps.google.com/mapdata?CxVU2UACHa1LtvggDwwLFeE4PgIdV_-0-CCQTgwLFTQTQgIdKa24-CCQTgwtVNlAAjWtS7b4QKoCSNoBUgJVU8oBAmVu

Archer81
04-14-2010, 02:02 PM
For him Buffalo

Cleveland or St Louis.

lex
04-14-2010, 02:03 PM

Its kind of silly to be worried about sending guys to Siberia after theyve already sent Cutler to Chicago and Marshall to Miami.

gtown
04-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Cleveland or St Louis.

St. Louis. If we can their 4th, it would be the first pick of the 3rd day. Good spot to be in.

PRBronco
04-14-2010, 02:14 PM
St. Louis. If we can their 4th, it would be the first pick of the 3rd day. Good spot to be in.

Holy poop that's a good point. Also fills a need for them.

Garcia Bronco
04-14-2010, 02:15 PM

OR

Graham can set the edge.

baja
04-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Cleveland or St Louis.

He doesn't like cold weather and he does like a losing team that is off in january

NYBronco
04-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Siberia it is and hopefully Denver manages to get some kind of compensation for the malcontent. Who knows it could turn out to be another late round talented WR without issues.

Lolad
04-14-2010, 08:22 PM
What!?!

your stats above are wrong.

He was the #6 TE in YPG, #46th receiver overall.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?season=2008&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&d-447263-n=1

Where on Earth did you get your numbers?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&seasonType=REG&statisticPositionCategory=TIGHT_END&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_AVERAGE_YARDS&experience=null&d-447263-n=1&season=2008&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=1&d-447263-p=1

Look under TE's, He is not a WR he is a TE!

Archer81
04-14-2010, 08:23 PM
He doesn't like cold weather and he does like a losing team that is off in january

He doesnt like cold weather?

WTF did he go to college in Michigan?

strafen
04-14-2010, 08:28 PM
For him? Any place that still plays on artificial turf. He'll break himself the first home game and be hurt on and off the rest of the season.Wow!
I can only imagine what the reaction would have been had I said the same thing about Moreno.
You're ok though. You're fully protected by the Mcdaniels soldiers...

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 08:30 PM
hopefully we get a 3rd

baja
04-14-2010, 09:13 PM
He doesnt like cold weather?

WTF did he go to college in Michigan?

That is where he found out he doesn't like cold weather. ;D

RaiderH8r
04-15-2010, 06:37 AM

Same place it is every year; Detroit.

In fact I'm pretty sure it should be national policy to firebomb Detroit into oblivion and never mention the city's name again. They've got the Red Wings, $20 houses, and octopus tossing.

Dedhed
04-15-2010, 06:42 AM
hopefully we get a 3rd

Hopefully someone will hand me a suitcase with $10 million in it while I'm at work today.

Beantown Bronco
04-15-2010, 06:57 AM
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&seasonType=REG&statisticPositionCategory=TIGHT_END&d-447263-o=2&conference=null&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_AVERAGE_YARDS&experience=null&d-447263-n=1&season=2008&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=1&d-447263-p=1

Look under TE's, He is not a WR he is a TE!

And he's ranked 6th, not 1st.....just like I said. How are you missing this?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&statisticPositionCategory=TIGHT_END&conference=null&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&experience=null&d-447263-n=1&season=2008&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=1&d-447263-p=1

(You aren't even filtering the stats right, that's why)

eddie mac
04-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Third for a another turd. That has a ring to it.

Dagmar
04-15-2010, 08:01 AM
I'm very surprised, I honestly thought I'd wake up and he'd be traded. C'mon Cleveland!

Lolad
04-15-2010, 08:14 AM
And he's ranked 6th, not 1st.....just like I said. How are you missing this?

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&seasonType=REG&d-447263-o=2&statisticPositionCategory=TIGHT_END&conference=null&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS_PER_GAME_AVG&experience=null&d-447263-n=1&season=2008&qualified=true&Submit=Go&tabSeq=1&d-447263-p=1

(You aren't even filtering the stats right, that's why)

and you are looking at the stats. The guys listed in front of him have 1 catch a piece

Beantown Bronco
04-15-2010, 08:18 AM
and you are looking at the stats. The guys listed in front of him have 1 catch a piece

What are you talking about?

1 Tony Gonzalez KC TE 96 rec 66.1 yds/g
2 Jason Witten DAL TE 81 rec 59.5 yds/g
3 Dallas Clark IND TE 77 rec 56.5 yds/g
4 Owen Daniels HOU TE 70 rec 53.9 yds/g
5 Chris Cooley WAS TE 83 rec 53.1 yds/g
6 Tony Scheffler DEN TE 40 rec 49.6 yds/g

Schef is the only one under 70 receptions on that list. So unless you can tell me how 49.6 yds/g is somehow better than 53.1, 53.9, 56.5, 59.5 and 66.1.....then Schef is 6th.

Lolad
04-15-2010, 08:33 AM
What are you talking about?

1 Tony Gonzalez KC TE 96 rec 66.1 yds/g
2 Jason Witten DAL TE 81 rec 59.5 yds/g
3 Dallas Clark IND TE 77 rec 56.5 yds/g
4 Owen Daniels HOU TE 70 rec 53.9 yds/g
5 Chris Cooley WAS TE 83 rec 53.1 yds/g
6 Tony Scheffler DEN TE 40 rec 49.6 yds/g

Schef is the only one under 70 receptions on that list. So unless you can tell me how 49.6 yds/g is somehow better than 53.1, 53.9, 56.5, 59.5 and 66.1.....then Schef is 6th.

Yea.. We're talking about two different things.. I meant Yards per reception not yard per game. my mistake

LonghornBronco
04-15-2010, 09:21 AM
He is a better receiving tight end based on the fact he was not used as much in this offense.

IMO he is a good player, but another guy McD can not work with...

Harvitz81
04-15-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm very surprised, I honestly thought I'd wake up and he'd be traded. C'mon Cleveland!

Cleveland just picked up Ben Watson in FA. Doubt they will look at Scheff. Maybe the Bengals though as when is the last time that Palmer actually had a TE to throw to?

Dagmar
04-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Cleveland just picked up Ben Watson in FA. Doubt they will look at Scheff. Maybe the Bengals though as when is the last time that Palmer actually had a TE to throw to?

Dang. Rams 3rd round pick? I can dream I know.

NYBronco
04-15-2010, 01:43 PM
What's the latest on Scheffler? Is he gone yet (please say its so)?

Dagmar
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
It's all gone VEEERY quiet hasn't it.

NYBronco
04-15-2010, 01:47 PM
I've been checking the sports news at work a couple of times today hoping to see Denver snag another draft pick.

LonghornBronco
04-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Maybe the trade will not be announced until draft day for some reason.

Dagmar
04-15-2010, 01:54 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/f34x81.png

Maybe we should be checking wikipedia... ;)

LonghornBronco
04-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Just checked. Says he's still a Bronco.

BroncoBuff
04-15-2010, 02:15 PM

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1149/universityofcoloradobuf.jpg. . . http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1483/danielgraham.jpg

Mackey Award winner, two-time All American and two-time Super Bowl winner ....

Daniel Graham

Dagmar
04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/1149/universityofcoloradobuf.jpg. . . http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/1483/danielgraham.jpg

Mackey Award winner, two-time All American and two-time Super Bowl winner ....

Daniel Graham

AND his back up is already on the roster.

*ducks*

NFLBRONCO
04-15-2010, 02:27 PM
Denver told him to hurry up and sign his tender they have a player in the 6th round they really want.

SoDak Bronco
04-15-2010, 02:29 PM
fs3142 (http://twitter.com/fs3142)

Traded. Soon. RT @AlexJBernard (http://twitter.com/AlexJBernard) What do you think will happen with Tony Scheffler?

SoDak Bronco
04-15-2010, 02:30 PM
fs3142 (http://twitter.com/fs3142)

Maybe. Think that's best-case RT @AlexJBernard (http://twitter.com/AlexJBernard) Any idea what we will get for him? 4th rounder?

BroncoBuff
04-15-2010, 02:33 PM
AND his back up is already on the roster.

*ducks*

Quinn's nickname's is 'ducks'?

That's cool ....

Dagmar
04-15-2010, 02:36 PM
Quinn's nickname's is 'ducks'?

That's cool ....

Is this him?

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj117/_ballsdeep/GIFs/49ers.gif

Popps
04-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Is he gone yet?

watermock
04-15-2010, 06:04 PM
Josh and his magic beans.

Dagmar
04-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Mock and his magic booze.

http://i43.tinypic.com/egetn7.gif

Caveat Lector
04-15-2010, 06:19 PM
He might be involved in one of those draft day trades. You know, when we want to move up in the 7th round to snare a 'project' guard....