PDA

View Full Version : Do you draft Bryant now? If so....

crazyhorse
04-14-2010, 06:55 AM
...what do you think of that idea?

Archer81
04-14-2010, 06:56 AM
You know what's sad? Even with us trading Brandon to Miami, we still have better receivers than KC does.

:Broncos:

crazyhorse
04-14-2010, 06:58 AM
You know what's sad? Even with us trading Brandon to Miami, we still have better receivers than KC does.

Not really. But okay.

If you wanted to avoid the question, you could have just not responded at all.

Man-Goblin
04-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Apparently, Bryant is going to be playing catch with Tebow at Dove Valley today. Could happen.

Baba Booey
04-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Hopefully the diva WR circus doesn't start all over again if we pick him.

Archer81
04-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Not really. But okay.

If you wanted to avoid the question, you could have just not responded at all.

Yes really.

I would rather Denver build their lines before going after more receivers. Mike Shanahan tried to get the skill positions first and then build an o-line...didnt work. So lets try it the other way around.

meangene
04-14-2010, 08:01 AM
I would be shocked if we brought in a guy with his baggage right after getting rid of Marshall for his behavioral issues. Hell no, we should not draft Bryant! There are a bunch of quality receivers rated in the second round. That is where the value is at WR in this class.

ColoradoDarin
04-14-2010, 08:04 AM
No.

WR is the most overrated position in the NFL. I'd rather have Spiller/Iupati/Pouncey.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-14-2010, 08:06 AM
I keep hearing this Tebow/Bryant rumor and while it would be great PR, i wont some big dudes on our lines. Great receivers dont win championships, great lines do.

ColoradoBuff
04-14-2010, 08:07 AM
No...get McClain @ 11 and then either Benn or Thomas with 43 or 45.

Dagmar
04-14-2010, 08:08 AM
I keep hearing this Tebow/Bryant rumor and while it would be great PR, i wont some big dudes on our lines. Great receivers dont win championships, great lines do.

Yes. All kidding aside, I hope 2 of the 3 picks within 45 are spent on the lines. I would love to trade back from 11 and pick up Iupati and Pouncey.

I wonder where Bryant goes now?

Bob's your Information Minister
04-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Dez Bryant would have been a great complement to Brandon Marshall.

Drafting him now just means you have an offense where a slow wide receiver and a slow running back are your two top "threats."

SonOfLe-loLang
04-14-2010, 08:09 AM
Dez Bryant would have been a great complement to Brandon Marshall.

Drafting him now just means you have an offense where a slow wide receiver and a slow running back are your two top "threats."

Brandon Marshall wasnt exactly fast for the record.

Lestat
04-14-2010, 08:11 AM
McClain @ #11 and a WR like Benn in the second round.
i don't know why but i'm starting to feel that Denver is gonna take Tebow in the late 2nd or 3rd.

Lestat
04-14-2010, 08:12 AM
for his size he was very fast. and ran like a RB.

04-14-2010, 08:13 AM

He was a big play threat.

Right now the Broncos have none.

hookemhess
04-14-2010, 08:31 AM
No...get McClain @ 11 and then either Benn or Thomas with 43 or 45.

This!!

Pony Boy
04-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Bring on Dez Bryant........yes! Say what you want but he's the only receiver in the draft with huge big play potential. Put a protection clause in his contract and tell him to lose the entourage

04-14-2010, 08:35 AM
Drafting a linebacker with your top pick would be hilarious.

Right now you guys need CJ Spiller but taking two running backs in the first round in back to back years is highly unlikely. Even so, he'd give you a player opponents are scared of.

Too bad you didn't take Percy Harvin last year....imagine Harvin and Spiller on the same offense.

lex
04-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Why would they draft Bryant?

Hamrob
04-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Yes really.

I would rather Denver build their lines before going after more receivers. Mike Shanahan tried to get the skill positions first and then build an o-line...didnt work. So lets try it the other way around.

:Broncos:Wrong. Shanahan built an outstanding offensive line for the ZBS...best in the league.

He added great atheletes to the skill positions.

His demise was Defense!

Hamrob
04-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Get D. Thomas please.

gunns
04-14-2010, 08:53 AM

I think WR is the least of our worries or at least one of them. The receivers we have can still save Orton's ass. A HUGE HELL NO to Bryant. We can get a very good receiver in later rounds.

04-14-2010, 08:54 AM
I think WR is the least of our worries or at least one of them. The receivers we have can still save Orton's ass.

No one is scared of your current receivers.

Kyle Orton + nothing at receiver = offensive death.

gunns
04-14-2010, 09:04 AM
Yes. All kidding aside, I hope 2 of the 3 picks within 45 are spent on the lines. I would love to trade back from 11 and pick up Iupati and Pouncey.

You said lines and if you want Iupati and Pouncey, which I agree with, then the other one should go towards DL. But I'm wondering if Bryant goes into the second round if McD isn't considering him now. I really hope not.

kappys
04-14-2010, 09:05 AM
If we can get players at LG and C which is still possible this offseason/draft then we might still have success as a power running team. Graham is a hell of a blocker, Quinn was in college and dspite being a complete waste last year he might at least be able to add that. Knowshown isn't a home run threat but did show some toughness along with Buckhalter and a potentially healthy JJ Arrington might have enough in the backfield to get the job done.

A big play WR needs to be coupled with a QB that can throw a deep ball. Marshall's talents certainly helped but he is much more dangerous as a mid-deep threat where his YAC translate into touchdowns rather than a short possession receiver - that can be made up by guys with good hands. With Orton at QB we couldn't get him the ball where he could do real damage so I think that in the short term the drop off won't be that huge.

gunns
04-14-2010, 09:07 AM

Well that's awfully scary for you then, because with our nothings at receiver, we've still got more than KC. Besides who's Orton going to throw that "deep" ball to?
And don't degrade yourself further by bringing up Dwayne "drop ho" Bowe.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-14-2010, 09:08 AM

If we build our offensive line so its big and nasty, you'd be surprised with how well an offense can run. For the record, i'd rather have not traded Marshall...but its really annoying for cheifs fans to say anything because...well...you suck.

SportinOne
04-14-2010, 09:26 AM
Gaffney, Royal, and Stokely are really solid receivers. I'm betting that if McDaniels drafts a reciever high it will be a really quick guy so that, with Royal, he can throw his screen to either side.

Popps
04-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Draft Dez Bryant?

Great idea.

How come we haven't discussed this around here?

04-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Well that's awfully scary for you then, because with our nothings at receiver, we've still got more than KC. Besides who's Orton going to throw that "deep" ball to?
And don't degrade yourself further by bringing up Dwayne "drop ho" Bowe.

You've got to be kidding me.

In what fantasy world do you live in where a bunch of backup-level scrubs are superior to Dwayne Bowe and Chris Chambers?

boppool
04-14-2010, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=Bob's your Information Minister;2804147]Drafting a linebacker with your top pick would be hilarious.[QUOTE]

Like drafting Derrick Johnson, right?

04-14-2010, 09:40 AM
Like drafting Derrick Johnson, right?

Well, the Chiefs had the top offense in the league at the time, so why don't you try coming up with a logical comparison instead of one that makes you look like a retard?

boppool
04-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Well, he worked out great for you, didn't he? Trent Green was leading your so called top offense.

Oh, by the way, Green Bay picked selected Aaron Rodgers 8 picks later.

04-14-2010, 09:51 AM
Well, he worked out great for you, didn't he? Trent Green was leading your so called top offense.

Oh, by the way, Green Bay picked selected Aaron Rodgers 8 picks later.

Derrick Johnson made complete sense at the time for the Chiefs. In retrospect it was a horrible pick.

I'd love to see you guys justify a linebacker selection for the Broncos this year while your offense sits there devoid of playmakers.

Steve Sewell
04-14-2010, 09:59 AM

Power running game + depleted o-line build for a zone blocking scheme = offensive death.

This is what will be addressed in this year's draft IMO. I think the Broncos will move down in the 1st and pick up Pouncey, and take Benn and a defensive player in the 2nd.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Is it ever a bad idea to fortify your front seven? You have such a narrow view of football

worm
04-14-2010, 11:21 AM
Spiller and Bryant should both be available at #11.

Perfect spot to find a partner and trade down 5-10 spots and pick up another pick.

ScottXray
04-14-2010, 12:00 PM
Although I want to build the lines, Spiller is Intriguing.
Hard to see that as the pick , but the kids speed is amazing,
and he does catch well also. He is a terrific threat from anywhere
on the field, and does give whoever takes him a serious problem to be defended against. It would be great if we could do the lines AND get him
somehow. But speed can't get you past the LOS if there is a wall there.

Drafting Bryant would be seen as a FAIL, after trading away Marshall, and he doesn't fit the mold that McD seems to want. High character guy. There will be good receivers available in the 2nd and third rounds, and our core of guys
currently are good , if not great.

ZONA
04-14-2010, 01:31 PM
I don't think Dez will be there at #11 now. I see the Seahawks snagging him with their 1st pick since they failed to get Marshall. In fact, that could be a huge reason why they didn't go get Marshall. Maybe they think Dez will be a better WR, no strikes against him yet, and he's sure to make less then Marshall will.

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 01:40 PM
Since we wiped out our skill positions I'd love to add legit playmakers to the offense. For once in my life I'd love Denver to have some scary threats on offense. We have always wanted possession type guys. I know the argument is without a legit QB it's a waste. Wouldn't it be nice if a 5 yd pass could go 80 yds for a TD instead of 5 yd pass down he goes= punt. Yes we need to bolster OL but, can we add world class speed as well.

I'd be shocked if we took Dez

DenverBrit
04-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Trenches first!!

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 03:01 PM
Trenches first!!

Trade Down first and build the trenches is ok by me. We need upgrades everywhere on O though.

DenverBrit
04-14-2010, 03:04 PM
Trade Down first and build the trenches is ok by me. We need upgrades everywhere on O though.

I agree.

It's opportunity time for McD. He will sink or swim based on these drafts.

gunns
04-14-2010, 05:22 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

In what fantasy world do you live in where a bunch of backup-level scrubs are superior to Dwayne Bowe and Chris Chambers?

What the hell has Drop the Ball ho or Chambers done that our WR's haven't? Not a damn thing.

oubronco
04-14-2010, 05:26 PM
Why not we need a playmaker now

Requiem
04-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Derrick Johnson made complete sense at the time for the Chiefs. In retrospect it was a horrible pick.

I'd love to see you guys justify a linebacker selection for the Broncos this year while your offense sits there devoid of playmakers.

There are offensive playmakers in this draft well into the fourth round. There are some quality linebackers too -- but getting a guy like McClain or Weatherspoon (I'm for Weather, BTW) would probably signal us getting a player whose LTI is very short, and will contribute immediately -- perhaps in a Patrick Willis type fashion. I don't believe Dez will come in and put up All-Star numbers immediately, but linebacker is always a safe (usually) early selection because if the player has the right nature, they can make an impact right away. That is just one reason. Many others.

chaz
04-14-2010, 06:31 PM

What if we can't trade back? Still like Iupati? I think I'd still take him. A pro-bowl guard is a pro-bowl guard.

Dagmar
04-14-2010, 06:43 PM
What if we can't trade back? Still like Iupati? I think I'd still take him. A pro-bowl guard is a pro-bowl guard.

Yes, but I really hope we can trade back... I get torn up thinking of need Vs BPA.

04-14-2010, 06:55 PM
What the hell has Drop the Ball ho or Chambers done that our WR's haven't? Not a damn thing.

Bowe and Chambers are 1,000-yard wide receivers. No one in Denver can claim that but Stokely and it's pretty obvious he is a big yawn of a player at this point in his career.

NFL defensive coordinators are laughing at Denver's wide receivers now. No one is a threat.

Tombstone RJ
04-14-2010, 07:08 PM

Broncos have a secret weapon. Are you ready--it's McKinley dude! :thumbs: