PDA

View Full Version : Bmarsh Appreciation Thread

SoDak Bronco
04-14-2010, 07:10 AM
Bmarsh had his ups and downs as a Bronco. The 2006 draft was probably the best in franchise history, especially thanks to Elvis and Brandon in the 4th round. He broke the NFL record for most catches in a single game with 21, and helped win us several games pretty much on his own. Whether you like or dislike the trade, I think we can all agree when he was on the field doing his thing, he was a BEAST. I always liked how he fought for extra yards, but I won't miss the off-field BS.

Good Luck to Brandon, stay outta trouble...ahh actually I don't give a **** now.

s0phr0syne
04-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Loved the YAC, will still enjoy watching his highlight plays!

SoDak Bronco
04-14-2010, 07:21 AM
http://fantasyforte.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/marshall.jpg

illbroncsfn
04-14-2010, 07:29 AM
Was a beast for us- always appreciated his on the field production- always hated his off-field actions....

TailgateNut
04-14-2010, 07:34 AM
I appreciate him leaving!

bfoflcommish
04-14-2010, 07:34 AM
Was a beast for us- always appreciated his on the field production- always hated his off-field actions....

does training camp not count as on the field?

bfoflcommish
04-14-2010, 07:35 AM

this

SoDak Bronco
04-14-2010, 07:36 AM
does training camp not count as on the field?

Practice? You talking about Practice.

RonDaChamp24
04-14-2010, 07:44 AM
Thanks for everything Brandon. You'll be missed.

Baba Booey
04-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Can't help but be pissed that he was such a bitch at times.

Good luck in the 305 though. I'll be glad to see him beat the Jets and Pats.

strafen
04-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Thanks Brandon.
You will be missed.
The Mcdaniels nuthuggers will use this thread to bash you and tell you how much you suck.
Good luck in Miami.
We've got Jabbar Gaffney. Woohoo!!!!
That's awesome. Team first. That's how a rookie, inexperience headcoach dismantle what once was a potent offense in the NFL

Mcdaniels, you'd better win. You'd better show you know what you're doing.
This better work...

Fire Mcdaniels!!!

Bronco CB40
04-14-2010, 07:49 AM
I am going to sport his orange 15 jersey during his Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Broncobiv
04-14-2010, 08:06 AM
You were a BEAST in a Broncos uniform, Brandon! THANK YOU for the ridiculous physical displays you showed out there on the field! No CB could ever match up with what you brought to the table!

Marshall was unstoppable out there. If only he and management could have gotten along...if only, if only, if only. :pity:

That said, I really hope he eff's up in Miami! I'd hate for him to rip off 3 more consecutive 100+ catch seasons with multiple Pro Bowls!

http://i.cdn.turner.com/si/multimedia/photo_gallery/0812/nfl.players.who.delivered.week14/images/brandon-marshall.jpg

Archer81
04-14-2010, 08:08 AM
Thanks for catches and stuff...

No thanks for the off field incidents and childish behavior and disappearing for entire games during the season...

Enjoy Miami.

:Broncos:

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 08:11 AM
**** YOU and your fairweather fans.

Please take them with you to Miami. We already got rid of some of the losers to Chicago but the site is still top heavy.

BTW Stokley's paycheck is now down $100 a week cos he doesn't have to babysit your dumbass anymore.

TailgateNut
04-14-2010, 08:16 AM

Please take them with you to Miami. We already got rid of some of the losers to Chicago but the site is still top heavy.

BTW Stokley's paycheck is now down $100 a week cos he doesn't have to babysit your dumbass anymore.

:~ohyah!:

Drek
04-14-2010, 08:20 AM
Hell of a player on Sundays who obviously loves football.

I just wish that love of football and all out attitude carried over to the practice field, and that he would show the maturity and understanding to see how his off-field actions put him in the situation he was in trying to find a way out of here.

When Miami makes him the #1 paid WR in the NFL though its only going to reinforce his entitled/bulletproof view of himself. Moving back to Miami (near where he grew up and a lot of his off-field issues stem from) with an eight digit bank account pose serious risks. I hope he figures it out, but I wouldn't bet on it at this point.

Hell of a football player though, a top 5 WR in the NFL today easily.

Broncofan_H
04-14-2010, 08:22 AM
I appreciate the fact that he couldn't get his crap together off the field (and sometimes on the practice field) and basically forced Denver to move him. Too bad he wasn't more like Eddie Royal, Rod Smith, etc. off the field. Maybe then he would have had his $ by now from us.

Oh well, he's a Dolphin now and I have no emotional tie to him. Adios.

gyldenlove
04-14-2010, 08:41 AM
I appreciate the fact that he couldn't get his crap together off the field (and sometimes on the practice field) and basically forced Denver to move him. Too bad he wasn't more like Eddie Royal, Rod Smith, etc. off the field. Maybe then he would have had his $ by now from us.

Oh well, he's a Dolphin now and I have no emotional tie to him. Adios.

Too bad Eddie Royal can't be more like him on the field.

Bronco Boy
04-14-2010, 08:42 AM
I'm hereby glad I don't have to root for this clown anymore.

Rohirrim
04-14-2010, 09:07 AM
Don't forget to stop by Darrent William's grave on your way to Miami.

Fusionfrontman
04-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Loved Brandon on the field. Wish we could have kept him but we didn't so hopefully this board can move on.

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
Don't forget to stop by Darrent William's grave on your way to Miami.

:angel:

Broncofan_H
04-14-2010, 09:21 AM

True, but Gaffney did pretty well in his place when he was benched for being a clown (at the team leaders' request). Give me solid guys who are good, smart players over me-first, trouble making, good-to maybe great players who are one slip-up away from getting a big suspension.

gyldenlove
04-14-2010, 09:36 AM
True, but Gaffney did pretty well in his place when he was benched for being a clown (at the team leaders' request). Give me solid guys who are good, smart players over me-first, trouble making, good-to maybe great players who are one slip-up away from getting a big suspension.

Against the Chiefs, lets not make that a more impressive feat than it is. That is like kicking the **** out of a paraplegic and claiming you can go 12 rounds with Roy Jones Jr.

Garcia Bronco
04-14-2010, 09:45 AM
Marshall, thank you for wasting our tax dollars in our community with arrests. Enjoy your time in Dade County

TheReverend
04-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Congrats on your pay-day Brandon. Well on the way to Canton if you get your **** together.

TheReverend
04-14-2010, 09:46 AM

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85814

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 09:50 AM
Against the Chiefs, lets not make that a more impressive feat than it is. That is like kicking the **** out of a paraplegic and claiming you can go 12 rounds with Roy Jones Jr.

The Chiefs may have sucked but their pass defense was not statistically bad last season. And he did have a great game the week before against Philly. Their pass defense was decent last year.

TheReverend
04-14-2010, 09:58 AM
The Chiefs may have sucked but their pass defense was not statistically bad last season. And he did have a great game the week before against Philly. Their pass defense was decent last year.

Bottom third in the league.

Which is also deceptive considering teams ran at will against them (31st rushing D in the league) so if you look at ypa by opposing QBs, they're 6th worst in the league.

That's statistically bad from just about any point of view...

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Numbers can say anything you want them to.

How do those numbers account for the fact that, given that there was no Royal, Marshall or Schef on the field, Gaffney was the sole receiving threat they had to worry about? And they still couldn't stop him.

And, like I said, he also performed well when called upon against Philly.

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 10:03 AM
Gaffney was that good against Brown last year he ended up getting traded.:rofl:

TheReverend
04-14-2010, 10:14 AM

How do those numbers account for the fact that, given that there was no Royal, Marshall or Schef on the field, Gaffney was the sole receiving threat they had to worry about? And they still couldn't stop him.

Bean... you're shifting your argument and sounding absurd.

You said "KC's pass defense was not statistically bad"

I then showed that even in the best light you view them (not taking into account teams ran rough shod over them instead of passing) they're still in the bottom 3rd of the league. That's statistically bad by definition. No number twisting necessary.

But now you turn the discussion into something else entirely by saying it was harder for him to perform with Marshall, Royal and Scheff off the field. That's true to a degree, but their absence is also why Gaffney got so many ****ing balls in the first place. Not to mention playing from behind had us throwing the ball FIFTY-SIX times. If you want to discuss this, that's fine, but it has almost nothing to do with your original point being wrong.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Bean... you're shifting your argument and sounding absurd.

You said "KC's pass defense was not statistically bad"

I then showed that even in the best light you view them (not taking into account teams ran rough shod over them instead of passing) they're still in the bottom 3rd of the league. That's statistically bad by definition. No number twisting necessary.

False. Twisting numbers is EXACTLY what you're doing when you are saying "bottom third". Why? Because technically the 22nd ranked team is being lumped in with the 32nd team when in fact they are very different. Why don't you break it up into quarters? Or, better yet, just give their ranking?

Technically the #1 team in the league in any given metric is in the same "third" as the #11 team. Should I call them both "top third". Sure, it's technically correct....but you are REALLY short-selling one of them.

One of my favorite quotes from the movie "The Firm" comes when he's interviewing with a law firm and they look at his resume and repeat that he is in the top 5% of his law school class and he says "no, not top 5%....top 5". That distinction is big.

But now you turn the discussion into something else entirely by saying it was harder for him to perform with Marshall, Royal and Scheff off the field. That's true to a degree, but their absence is also why Gaffney got so many ****ing balls in the first place. Not to mention playing from behind had us throwing the ball FIFTY-SIX times. If you want to discuss this, that's fine, but it has almost nothing to do with your original point being wrong.

His production was greater early in the first half before they dropped way behind, so that wasn't as big a factor as you think.

Broncobiv
04-14-2010, 09:18 PM
What is this thread missing? A Brandon Marshall career highlight video!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MgEYUZaUItk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MgEYUZaUItk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I just hope that even the Marshall haters will take a few minutes and watch this video. There are so many awesome plays that I had forgotten about. I mean, I knew what he brought to the field, but to see them all over again months/years later...I can't help but think one thing. WE ARE GOING TO MISS THIS BEAST ON THE FIELD! Years from now, I believe we will look back on today and see it as a horrid mistake.

Sassy
04-14-2010, 09:21 PM

I'll second that TGN! :wiggle:

Sassy
04-14-2010, 09:23 PM
What is this thread missing? A Brandon Marshall career highlight video!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MgEYUZaUItk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MgEYUZaUItk&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I just hope that even the Marshall haters will take a few minutes and watch this video. There are so many awesome plays that I had forgotten about. I mean, I knew what he brought to the field, but to see them all over again months/years later...I can't help but think one thing. WE ARE GOING TO MISS THIS BEAST ON THE FIELD! Years from now, I believe we will look back on today and see it as a horrid mistake.
If he even messes up once in Miami....Hilarious!

Sassy
04-14-2010, 09:24 PM
marshall, thank you for wasting our tax dollars in our community with arrests. Enjoy your time in dade county

rofl!

Sassy
04-14-2010, 09:26 PM

This...when he was actually on the field :devil: :wiggle:

Sassy
04-14-2010, 09:26 PM

!Booya!

Lolad
04-14-2010, 09:33 PM

because our QB doesnt know how to survey the field :wave:

Sassy
04-14-2010, 09:40 PM

too bad Brandon couldn't have been more like Eddie off the field...then he probably wouldn't be a Phin now.

DBroncos4life
04-14-2010, 09:45 PM

LOL the Lions gave up 30 less yards per game then the Chiefs so I guess they are good too then.