PDA

View Full Version : if spiller falls...

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 05:37 AM
to #11 we gotta do it. add him to a receiver like benn or thomas in round 2 as well as jd walter or tennant, this would be a total success of a draft....

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 06:03 AM
I'm all for it. I like Moreno, but the truth is, he is slow hitting the holes and fumbles alot. Hopefully he can bounce back from that, but adding a talent like Spiller just adds a whole new dimenion to this offense that really needs a boost something terrible.

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 06:15 AM
I'm all for it. I like Moreno, but the truth is, he is slow hitting the holes and fumbles alot. Hopefully he can bounce back from that, but adding a talent like Spiller just adds a whole new dimenion to this offense that really needs a boost something terrible.

hes not slow hitting, and doesnt fumble alot. but the rest is basically true (the offense wasnt THAT bad, but it was boring)

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 06:27 AM
Now that B Marsh is gone, our offense is that bad. We need playmakers. There are some pretty good prospects in this draft, but if Spiller is sitting there at #11, I will be sitting on pins and needles. I hope the camera pans to his house and see him on a cell phone talking, right before we pick. :)

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 06:31 AM
Now that B Marsh is gone, our offense is that bad. We need playmakers. There are some pretty good prospects in this draft, but if Spiller is sitting there at #11, I will be sitting on pins and needles. I hope the camera pans to his house and see him on a cell phone talking, right before we pick. :)

agreed.

BroncoSojia
04-14-2010, 08:39 AM
With all the needs we have on both sides of the ball, I cannot fathom us taking a scat back with the 11th overall pick.

I mean we can take McCluster or Best in the 2nd round. They are more or less the same players and we don't have to spend a high 1st.

ludo21
04-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Spiller is more than a scat back. But I do agree, we should probably wait til the 2nd for Best or Mccluster.

Id almost consider Dez Bryant if he is there. I know his off field issues are there, but we NEED a top tier WR NOW. Our passing offense as of now is going to blow next year.

SoDak Bronco
04-14-2010, 09:32 AM
No you don't...we need to build up the defense/OLine/WR, We would be crazy to invest another 1st rounder in consectutive years for a RB. Spiller and Knowshon can't both play at the same time, so it'd be a waste of the picks. Totally disagree and would be stunned if we did something like that.

Durango
04-14-2010, 09:38 AM
What about Toby Gerhart somewhere in the 2nd if you have to have another RB? Why spend another 1st on a back at 11? We need defense folks. Defense. ILB, DT. We can't keep blowing our wad on these franchise hopefuls on offense. With two 2nd rounders and a third we have plenty of ammunition to draft a compliment to Moreno, assuming Buckhalter isn't enough relief. Get a premium defensive player at 11 and then go Wade Phillips and draft RBs, WRs, KRs to your hearts content. How about another QB? McDaniels can do that. Probably will. Why only one RB? Lets drafts gobs and gobs; both seconds, a third, maybe the fourth. Let 'em all battle it out. What a great competition, but at 11, how about a token nod to the defense. Huh? Maybe?

lex
04-14-2010, 10:50 AM
What about Toby Gerhart somewhere in the 2nd if you have to have another RB? Why spend another 1st on a back at 11? We need defense folks. Defense. ILB, DT. We can't keep blowing our wad on these franchise hopefuls on offense. With two 2nd rounders and a third we have plenty of ammunition to draft a compliment to Moreno, assuming Buckhalter isn't enough relief. Get a premium defensive player at 11 and then go Wade Phillips and draft RBs, WRs, KRs to your hearts content. How about another QB? McDaniels can do that. Probably will. Why only one RB? Lets drafts gobs and gobs; both seconds, a third, maybe the fourth. Let 'em all battle it out. What a great competition, but at 11, how about a token nod to the defense. Huh? Maybe?

I like Gerhart as a player but I really hope Denver doesnt draft him. Here's why: basically, you have a coach who is so insecure that he feels like he has to set fire everything that had someone elses name on it besides his own. Gerhart reminds me too much of Hillis. But instead of the 7th we spent on Hillis we will have spent a 2nd on a replica (more or less) just so Josh can have his own Hillis.

The same is true with drafting Bryant in the first to replace Marshall (a 4th round pick).

Basically, drafting Bryant and Gerhart makes it feel like we lost 7 draft places to replace Marshall and Hillis.

Spiller, on the other hand, gives that HR threat and wiggle at the 2nd level that Moreno didnt bring. Plus Spiller is awesome in the passing game. Him vs. a LB is a total mismatch.

I like Spiller because having the ability to score on one play instead of needing to always score in 12 takes pressure off Orton and Moreno.

Requiem
04-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Agree whole-heartedly, Leximaniac -- you diabolical bastard. How is Chicago?

lex
04-14-2010, 11:13 AM
Agree whole-heartedly, Leximaniac -- you diabolical bastard. How is Chicago?

Thanks.

Its a nice day...the weather has been off and on though, you ass grabbing choad smoker, you.

Requiem
04-14-2010, 11:24 AM
The weather in Fargo has sucked, but it has been a lot nicer recently. Except for the wind.

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 11:36 AM
I just received my Sporting News draft preview issue, and guess who's front and center on the cover, I guess I'll "spill" the beans on this one. Mr. Orange and Blue Clemson himself smiling with a wide grin. I would love to keep Mr. Spiller in orange and blue.

Requiem
04-14-2010, 12:01 PM
I was smoking a bong when we drafted Moreno last year (also when Obama was elected president) -- I will straight shoot up heroin in delight if Spiller is our selection.

lex
04-14-2010, 12:03 PM
I was smoking a bong when we drafted Moreno last year (also when Obama was elected president) -- I will straight shoot up heroin in delight if Spiller is our selection.

How would you feel about Spiller and then moving up to take Pouncey?

chaz
04-14-2010, 12:05 PM
With all the needs we have on both sides of the ball, I cannot fathom us taking a scat back with the 11th overall pick.

Spiller isn't a scat back. He's dynamic at KR, RB, and WR. And from all accounts he's a high-character leader (attention Josh McDaniels).

Without Brandon, we have lost any respect defenses had for our offense (you thought we never went vertical last year? just wait...) We NEED a gamebreaker, regardless of position.

Spiller and Knowshon can't both play at the same time, so it'd be a waste of the picks.

Disagree. Spiller could split out. Plus, a Panthers like split would extend the effectiveness of both in December and their overall careers.

And just in case anyone hasn't seen this yet:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H8HafPPZATs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H8HafPPZATs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I'd like to point out 2:05 and 3:03. He may not ever carry a pile, but he can break arm tackles and make a ton of people miss on his way to the endzone.

Requiem
04-14-2010, 12:21 PM
How would you feel about Spiller and then moving up to take Pouncey?

I do not like Pouncey at all. He didn't make line calls at Florida and needs a lot of work on his technique before he can start in the NFL. If he slipped to us in the second I would be fine with it, but do not want him in the first. Hell no.

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 01:01 PM
"and with the 11th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, The Denver Broncos select: CJ Spiller, RB Clemson....................................Requiem starts to roll up his sleeves.

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 01:07 PM
That Spiller sure does look good in orange and blue. I'd rather he stay in those colors if you ask me.

lex
04-14-2010, 01:17 PM
That Spiller sure does look good in orange and blue. I'd rather he stay in those colors if you ask me.

Clemson is orange and purple...but whatever, he would also look good in orange and blue.

Chris
04-14-2010, 02:08 PM
I do not like Pouncey at all. He didn't make line calls at Florida and needs a lot of work on his technique before he can start in the NFL. If he slipped to us in the second I would be fine with it, but do not want him in the first. Hell no.

Who would you take at C instead of Pouncey?

cmhargrove
04-14-2010, 02:20 PM
Who would you take at C instead of Pouncey?

This guy.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d8176da7d/Draft-Gems-Matt-Tennant

barryr
04-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Broncos taking a RB in the 1st round 2 years in a row? Sorry, makes no sense. Trade down to a team wanting a RB makes a lot more sense.

lex
04-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Broncos taking a RB in the 1st round 2 years in a row? Sorry, makes no sense. Trade down to a team wanting a RB makes a lot more sense.

Whatever helps your team win makes sense.

barryr
04-14-2010, 04:51 PM
Whatever helps your team win makes sense.

No, more like you'd be bitching they took 2 RB's in consecutive years and be doing your usual longing for the Cutler-Shanahan glory years.

lex
04-14-2010, 05:00 PM
No, more like you'd be b****ing they took 2 RB's in consecutive years and be doing your usual longing for the Cutler-Shanahan glory years.

I actually like a lot of the decisions the coach has made but I simply dont like HIM. To be perfectly honest, I wasnt the biggest fan of Cutler or how the team was put together at the end of the Shanahan era. The team had become too pass happy. I was pissed when they didnt get Jamaal Charles. They ended up taking Torain off the scrap heap.

Ive wanted more to be done about the running game for a while. I like our old system better but I hated how they thought they could get away with using some scrub at RB.

But whatever, Orton plays the kind of game youd be OK with if you have a dominant running game and a strong defense. One thing that can also compensate for Ortons tendencies would be getting him explosive players who can take something at the LOS and goes the distance.

Requiem
04-14-2010, 05:04 PM
I'd like J.D. Walton if we took a center to whomever asked.

chaz
04-14-2010, 05:27 PM
For those who don't want to waste a pick on a "speed back", Darren Sproles had over 200 touches last season. How many WRs touch the ball that often??

DBroncos4life
04-14-2010, 06:48 PM
For those who don't want to waste a pick on a "speed back", Darren Sproles had over 200 touches last season. How many WRs touch the ball that often??

How old was the Chargers starting RB. How old is our starting RB.

chaz
04-14-2010, 07:14 PM
How old was the Chargers starting RB. How old is our starting RB.

not sure why that's relevant, sproles was still the backup in a triple threat type role. But for the sake of argument, j-stew had 220 carries this past season as the backup. deangelo is 26 and had 215 carries in 13 games. happy?

with orton at qb, i would love to see us run 450+ times next season (hopefully behind a reloaded line).

DBroncos4life
04-14-2010, 07:24 PM
not sure why that's relevant, sproles was still the backup in a triple threat type role. But for the sake of argument, j-stew had 220 carries this past season as the backup. deangelo is 26 and had 215 carries in 13 games. happy?

with orton at qb, i would love to see us run 450+ times next season (hopefully behind a reloaded line).

How many touches do you think Sproles would have had last year if LT was 21/22 like Moreno? The only reason Sproles touches went up because LT got older and less effective.

As for Williams vs Stewart the only reason the Panthers drafted Stewart is because the wrote Williams off as a bust. How many teams in NFL history have went back to back RB's in the first round. Hell right now I think we are in a better position to walk away with Best who I think would have similar impact as Spiller.

chaz
04-14-2010, 07:41 PM
How many touches do you think Sproles would have had last year if LT was 21/22 like Moreno? The only reason Sproles touches went up because LT got older and less effective.

As for Williams vs Stewart the only reason the Panthers drafted Stewart is because the wrote Williams off as a bust. How many teams in NFL history have went back to back RB's in the first round. Hell right now I think we are in a better position to walk away with Best who I think would have similar impact as Spiller.

Why does it matter what reason these teams had for a split workload if it's shown to be effective? Maybe Carolina didn't intend it, but they've had one of the most productive running games in the league without any sign of a passing attack.

Let me share my vision: Moreno gets 275-300 carries + receptions, Spiller gets ~125 carries/40+ receptions/all KR and PR. CJ would be like a backwards Percy Harvin.

Broncojef
04-14-2010, 10:01 PM
McClain, Best and Benn would be my hope heading into next week.

bpc
04-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Not a huge fan of Spiller. He has some speed and skills but people are trying to compare him to a Chris Johnson type of player, and definately doesn't have the 2nd gear CJ does. Night and day IMO.

Elway777
04-14-2010, 10:50 PM
McClain, Best and Benn would be my hope heading into next week. I like this but might prefer trading down for Brandon Graham instead of McClain. I wondering if the Broncos want to pay 4 or 5 million for a Ted Linebacker.I still would be vary happy with a McClain , Best and Benn draft.

uplink
04-15-2010, 09:13 PM
At #11 are the broncos in a good spot to accept a trade down when the run on the 2nd and 3rd best QBs starts?