PDA

View Full Version : Per Schefter: Marshall to Dolphins for 2nd this year and a pick in '11

Pages : [1] 2 3

orange&blue87
04-14-2010, 05:41 AM
Via twitter:

Filed to ESPN: Brandon Marshall is going to be traded to the Miami Dolphins for a second-round pick this year and another pick next year.

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 05:42 AM
2nd rounder in 2011.

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 05:43 AM
2nd next year is unconfirmed.

GoBroncos84
04-14-2010, 05:46 AM
Can't say I am a fan of this move. Two offseasons, top 2 offensive players gone. All they had to do was pay Brandon.

Oh well. We will see what happens

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 05:47 AM
Can't say I am a fan of this move. Two offseasons, top 2 offensive players gone. All they had to do was pay Brandon.

What? They offered him a contract during the season... it's much more than that.

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 05:47 AM
2nd next year is unconfirmed.

You gonna follow me everywhere:giggle:

The actual trade isn't even confirmed nevermind the compensation.

Broncos_OTM
04-14-2010, 05:49 AM
well ... there goes another season like it or not the broncos are worse off with out marshall two sefcond rounds picks or not

The MVPlaya
It's pretty much official I guess @ this point. It's reported on ESPN.com and Schefters blog on ESPN

http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/44198/report-broncos-to-trade-brandon-marshall-to-dolphins-for-second-round-pick

long beach bronco
I would rather have Ginn Jr. and a 2nd this year if that trade happens.

Broncoman13
04-14-2010, 05:50 AM
Much more difficult than that GoBronc. Brandon Marshall wasn't going to stay in Denver and everyone knew it. I'm surprised the Broncos didn't hold out for more, but it the 2011 pick is high (2nd or 3rd) then we're getting some pretty good value for BMarsh. I just hope the pick isn't conditional...

WolfpackGuy

The Broncos better get a good punter.

lostknight
Moronic.
Idiotic.
Insane.

For once, there is no question who is got taken in a transaction. Both the Broncos management and Brandon Marshall acted like complete and clueless dicks with this trade.

orange&blue87
04-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Moronic.
Idiotic.
Insane.

For once, there is no question who is got taken in a transaction. Both the Broncos management and Brandon Marshall acted like complete and clueless ***** with this trade.

Really? Considering what WRs have been going for on the general market, not the crazy Jerry Jones market, this seems like a very decent deal.

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Moronic.
Idiotic.
Insane.

For once, there is no question who is got taken in a transaction. Both the Broncos management and Brandon Marshall acted like complete and clueless ***** with this trade.

Hilarious!

Broncoman13
04-14-2010, 05:58 AM
Boldin for a 3rd and a 5th.

Holmes for a 5th.

McNabb for a 2nd.

BMarsh for a 2nd and what looks to be another 2nd in '11.

I'd say the Broncos did pretty well in getting some value out of a player they really didn't want anymore. Think back to the trials and all of the stuff that was coming out. I really think this had more to do with the fact that BMarsh really didn't want to be in Denver. This is probably better for BMarsh than it is the Broncos, but at least we're getting some value out of him.

Good luck Brandon. Hope you stay out of trouble and have a great career...'cept when you're playing the Broncos.

worm
04-14-2010, 06:00 AM
Brandon, married in Sobe.....Yikes.

Hope the dude can keep his **** together there.

BowlenBall
04-14-2010, 06:02 AM
A 2nd this year, and a 2nd in 2011.

Considering that:

A) Marshall already has two strikes against him with the league discipline-wise;
B) He's reportedly going to be the highest-paid receiver in the league;
C) 2nd-round picks are generally of higher value (performance vs. pay) than 1st round picks (http://mba.yale.edu/faculty/pdf/massey_thaler_overconfidence_nfl_draft.pdf);
and
D) This is a monster-deep draft this year,

I say the Broncos did quite well! Put me down as a fan of this trade.

GoBroncos84
04-14-2010, 06:02 AM
What? They offered him a contract during the season... it's much more than that.

if my information is correct, that contract had little to no guaranteed money in it. No one in their right mind would sign it. Maybe Brandon really wanted out and would not have signed a contract here anyway, if that is the case then definitely get what you can for him. But two 2nd rounders doesn't seem like enough for me. A 26 year old, 2 time probowler, 3 consecutive 100 catch seasons is worth more. Someone will draft Dez Bryant in the 1st. A team would be stupid to prefer Bryant to Marshall. How we could not get a 1st round pick and then some for a top 5 receiver is beyond me.

TDmvp
04-14-2010, 06:04 AM
http://waterman99.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/lame.jpg

orange&blue87
04-14-2010, 06:08 AM
Looking at a draft value chart, the trade is worth a 1st.

Pick 43 in 2010 is worth 470 points
Half the value of pick 64 is worth 135.

Total of 605 points equals the 31st overall pick, and that rises depending on where the Dolphins pick if they don't win the Super Bowl.

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 06:08 AM
We should have demanded Ginn Jr in the deal, we could've used him badly.

cousinal11
04-14-2010, 06:09 AM
McDaniels better know what the **** he is doing.

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 06:09 AM
if my information is correct, that contract had little to no guaranteed money in it. No one in their right mind would sign it. Maybe Brandon really wanted out and would not have signed a contract here anyway, if that is the case then definitely get what you can for him. But two 2nd rounders doesn't seem like enough for me. A 26 year old, 2 time probowler, 3 consecutive 100 catch seasons is worth more. Someone will draft Dez Bryant in the 1st. A team would be stupid to prefer Bryant to Marshall. How we could not get a 1st round pick and then some for a top 5 receiver is beyond me.

Your information??? I dont ever remember any source whatsoever stating the Broncos offered Marshall a new deal last season.

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 06:10 AM
Considering Dolphins are going to be competing with the Jets and Patriots...

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 06:10 AM

lol Ted Ginn is one of the worst WR's in the league... please do not use Al Davis logic.

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 06:12 AM

The only way we get a 1st is probably to wait until draft day.

Two 2nds is not exactly a rip off - it'll once again depend on the players performance and where the pick lays next year to determine the values of the picks.

Getting a 1st was highly optimistic, be honest here... the teams that wanted Marshall were higher on the draft board...

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 06:18 AM
I wanted Ginn for his speed on KR's, that's the logic. Also as a deep threat to open up the underneath routes.

elsid13
04-14-2010, 06:18 AM
yuck

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 06:19 AM
PS
DonteWhitner (http://twitter.com/DonteWhitner)
Brandon Marshall is a friend of mines...about to sign one of the most lucrative deals for a wr in NFL history...CONGRATS BRO!

thats scary

Broncos_OTM
04-14-2010, 06:20 AM

Dude are you insane .. Gin is a bust.. he had what 38 caatches? not to mention he is being like a first rounder. give me benn williams or any of the refceivers this year atleast we dont know what we would be getting unlike if we were to take ginn

Broncos_OTM
04-14-2010, 06:21 AM
I wanted Ginn for his speed on KR's, that's the logic. Also as a deep threat to open up the underneath routes.
Kr can b found in the mid rounds of a draft. ill take my chances there..havent you noticed or not but orton has no deep ball ability

BroncosSR
04-14-2010, 06:21 AM
Screw McDickhead and fu ck the Broncos. i'm tired of this team already.

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 06:22 AM
guaranteed we take a WR with one of the #2, maybe even trade up a bit for one. weve worked enough of them out.

SoDak Bronco
04-14-2010, 06:22 AM

the dude had 2 kick returns, other then that he did jack ****, and as for the deep threat, he can run but can't catch. Think Lelie, but with Darius Watt type claw grip.

SoDak Bronco
04-14-2010, 06:23 AM

:wave:
seeya, come back when times are better//Hilarious!

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 06:23 AM

Ginn is one of the worst WR's in the league, you've obviously never seen him play. I would not want him on my team at any cost.

You realize he had the 3rd worst drop pass percentage in the league?

Seriously, if they got Ginn and rather than the 2011 2nd...a 3rd or 4th I'd be steaming.

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 06:25 AM
it does suck to see a talent like marshall gone, hes a once in a decade talent. but if he is going to act the way he does to multiple front offices on this team, then there was no keeping him.

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 06:26 AM
I said they could've thrown Ginn is as part of the deal, I'm not a Ginn lover, I was merely relating to his return skills and WR help which this special teams and offense will now need. If he is a bust, so be it, a change of scenery does wonders for people.

s0phr0syne
04-14-2010, 06:26 AM
Maybe Marshall will follow the Belichick model and Denver was his Cleveland where he did all his growing up and now another team gets to enjoy his full value....who knows

See ya Marshall, you were awesome while you were here!

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 06:28 AM
I don't like seeing Marshall go - but I'll tell you I'd rather get two 2nd round picks than give the largest WR contract in NFL history to Marshall.

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Can we get off Ginn please, I was just making a freaking comment about the trade, they couldv'e thrown him in like Chicago did Orton, he aint nobody's savior, I get that, Damn!!! We just traded Brandon "Freaking" Marshall, now this team needs options on how they are going to move the ball on offense.

elsid13
04-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Very disappointed that lost young proven talent again. Draft if crap shoot.

s0phr0syne
04-14-2010, 06:32 AM
Can we get off Ginn please, I was just making a freaking comment about the trade, they couldv'e thrown him in like Chicago did Orton, he aint nobody's savior, I get that, Damn!!! We just traded Brandon "Freaking" Marshall, now this team needs options on how they are going to move the ball on offense.

Dude, don't let the blindfolded McD nutswingers get you down--they're here to tear down any mention of what this organization "should have" or "could have" done...on a freaking discussion board!

But agree, we got great value, and it would have been nice if Ginn had been a throw in on the deal. Will be interesting to see what he ends up getting moved for in terms of value

Man-Goblin
04-14-2010, 06:33 AM
So I get to root against a headcase player to sabotage his new team so the Broncos can have a higher draft pick next year? This sounds familiar...

bronclvr
04-14-2010, 06:38 AM
Meh....we were an average Team yesterday-we are a more average Team today-

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 06:39 AM
We won't have this drama next offseason.......le'ts just hope Champ doesn't get upset about anything.

Traveler
04-14-2010, 06:42 AM
I still don't understand why all the fuss about Brandon. yes, he is a "good" WR. Probably top 10 in the league.

Having said that, if the team did get two 2nd rounders for him, they made out pretty well.

As talented as BM is, there's just no way to justify possibly paying him as top the WR with all his baggage.

I wish him well in MIA.

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 06:44 AM
Dude, don't let the blindfolded McD nutswingers get you down--they're here to tear down any mention of what this organization "should have" or "could have" done...on a freaking discussion board!

But agree, we got great value, and it would have been nice if Ginn had been a throw in on the deal. Will be interesting to see what he ends up getting moved for in terms of value

What does this have to do with McD? :spit:

lol @ you saying it would have been nice for Ginn to be thrown in.

like I said - anyone wanting Ginn is an idiot, they've obviously never seen him play. Even if he was on FA, we'd probably not even take a glance.

Go to Dolphins forums and just do a search for Ted Ginn... LEARN SOMETHING.

TonyR
04-14-2010, 06:45 AM
Very disappointed that lost young proven talent again. Draft if crap shoot.

Agree on both counts, particularly considering that BM was my favorite current Bronco. But I completely understand why they made the move. Can't have a guy creating problems and not buying in. People need to step back and understand that there are reasons why no team was willing to give up a #1 for him, and then they need to think about what those reasons are.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-14-2010, 06:47 AM
When was the last time a star WR led his team to the Super Bowl? They're not as crucial as people think. Enjoy your stacks of money, dbag. You're now playing in a city where trouble will try to find you and your money.

TonyR
04-14-2010, 06:47 AM
I still don't understand why all the fuss about Brandon. yes, he is a "good" WR. Probably top 10 in the league.

Having said that, if the team did get two 2nd rounders for him, they made out pretty well.

As talented as BM is, there's just no way to justify possibly paying him as top the WR with all his baggage.

I wish him well in MIA.

Good post. 100% in agreement. Particularly the bolded part. Too bad more people don't understand this.

SleepingTiger
04-14-2010, 06:49 AM
its a shame management and the BM can't get their crap together. Broncos just sold the best WR in franchise history. BM doesn't realize what a great fan base he is leaving.

I just can't believe we basically gave up BM for nuts compared to what we paid for Alphonso Smith.

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 06:51 AM
It's funny how so called bronco fans can come here an insult one another to no end, because of football related comments about players and trades. I work around Charger fans all day and get along fine, I come on here and see nothing but dysfunction between so called bronco fans. One Bronco fan calling another Bronco fan an Idiot, is himself a Supreme Idiot.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-14-2010, 06:53 AM
its a shame management and the BM can't get their crap together. Broncos just sold the best WR in franchise history. BM doesn't realize what a great fan base he is leaving.

I just can't believe we basically gave up BM for nuts compared to what we paid for Alphonso Smith.

Ever hear of Rod Smith?

elsid13
04-14-2010, 06:56 AM
Ever hear of Rod Smith?

Rod Smith was great WR, but Marshall has better physical talent then Rod ever did. Marshall has the potential to be the best player at his position in the current era, Smith could never make that claim.

SoDak Bronco
the thing everyone needs to remember, if this year wasn't the last year of the CBA, denver wouldn't of gotten much more then a comp pick unless they were willing to franchise brandon, and I doubt they would've. The Broncos were lucky they could tender him and were able to trade him, bc he didn't really want to come back to denver, and he could've just walked for next to nothing. So, the fact that we got a 2nd rounder this year, and possibly a 2nd next year is pretty damn good all things considered.

Rabb
Ever hear of Rod Smith?

I was just thinking that and shaking my head

I wanted BM to stay but anointing him the best in franchise history is possibly the dumbest thing I have read on here yet

it is amazing how short-sighted some people are, with a healthy mix of the sky is falling

this is more about Brandon wanting out, not us wanting Brandon out

this may be worse than the Cutler thing around here...not sure I can take it lol

Garcia Bronco
04-14-2010, 06:57 AM
A second next year is considered a 3rd this year, I believe.

I still thinks this is gay. So long Marshall.

orange&blue87

I keep forgetting that Denver received a player in 2009 for a 2010 pick... I mean it's not like the 2010 pick helped Denver get to the playoffs in 2009 either.

If the guy was dealt for a 2010 pick, I think it's reasonable to give a player at least that season to show what he can be.

Maybe that's just me.

tsiguy96
Rod Smith was great WR, but Marshall has better physical talent then Rod ever did. Marshall has the potential to be the best player at his position in the current era, Smith could never make that claim.

youre joking yourself. marshall made a ton of catches including some great highlight runs, but rod smith was a better rounded WR than marshall, and as far as being a bronco the comparison is not even remotely close.

marshall will never, ever be better than calvin or andre johnson either.

SoDak Bronco
It's funny how so called bronco fans can come here an insult one another to no end, because of football related comments about players and trades. I work around Charger fans all day and get along fine, I come on here and see nothing but dysfunction between so called bronco fans. One Bronco fan calling another Bronco fan an Idiot, is himself a Supreme Idiot.

look at the source...I called you out about Ted Ginn being a bad player, didn't do any name calling. I agree, if they would've thrown him in on top of the 2 picks that'd be great, bc he would be a boost to special teams especially kick offs, but as a WR he isn't much of a threat.

Broncos123
04-14-2010, 06:58 AM

The best WR in broncos history was Rod Smith. Marshall had all the skills but has a 2 cent head. Rod tried mentoring him but could not get threw to him. I am willing to bet that there are lots of things that BM did behind the scences that we as fans have not heard of. Sometimes a guy is super talented but becomes a deterient to the team. I think that BM was becoming more of a problem for management then we all know. I hate to see talent go but I am a true believer in putting team above anyone. I have seen less talented teams win when everyone is on the same page. I see the Broncos moving in this direction. We may have lost a surper talented player but one player does not make a team.

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 06:59 AM

I believe you'd have to use that in terms of trading for picks this year, IE if I were to offer you a 2nd next year for a pick this year... not sure if you "value" like that when you're trading a player for it... considering the 2nd next year... will still be a 2nd next year.

Hogan11
04-14-2010, 06:59 AM
Well, that's over with....totally happy with the two 2nds

I wonder how many of the posters here just became Dolphins fans today.

orange&blue87
04-14-2010, 07:00 AM

Roughly... I've read were next year's picks are valued at half of this year's. That puts next year's anywhere from 61-91 this year. So either way, it's roughly a 3rd this, but could be high 2nd next.

SoDak Bronco
04-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Broncos got fair deal for Marshall (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/14/broncos-got-fair-deal-for-marshall/)

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 14, 2010 8:44 AM ET
The Broncos weren't going to pay Brandon Marshall.

Once you start from that point and accept he wasn't a long-term part of Josh McDaniels' plan, then it's fair to say the Broncos did well in their trade with the Dolphins.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Dolphins will send Denver a second-round pick in 2010 (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/14/broncos-trade-brandon-marshall-to-miami/) and another pick, believed to be their second-rounder in 2011. With money factored in, second-round picks are gold.

The Ravens gave up a third and fourth-round pick for Anquan Boldin, and got a fifth-rounder back along with the receiver. Marshall is essentially a younger, healthier, superior version of Boldin, but with far bigger risks off the field.

Santonio Holmes is Marshall's age and has the off-field risks, but doesn't match Marshall's ability. The Steelers got a fifth-round pick for him. In light of those deals, the Broncos did well.

Make no mistake; this is a good deal for the Dolphins too. The Seahawks got caught not being aggressive enough and Miami just handed Chad Henne a true number one receiver.

On pure football ability, there aren't more than five young receivers in football we'd rather have then Marshall. Bill Parcells loves physical wideouts and Marshall is a rich man's Keyshawn Johnson.

Soon enough, Marshall will just be a rich man.

halfcreek
04-14-2010, 07:02 AM
Moronic.
Idiotic.
Insane.

Those adjectives of yours apply to someone who has not read Schefter's article yet spouts your nonsense or who has read it and cannot comprehend.

Lolad
04-14-2010, 07:03 AM
Agree on both counts, particularly considering that BM was my favorite current Bronco. But I completely understand why they made the move. Can't have a guy creating problems and not buying in. People need to step back and understand that there are reasons why no team was willing to give up a #1 for him, and then they need to think about what those reasons are.

Probably because what happened at the end of the season. They knew we wanted to get rid of him.

TonyR
its a shame management and the BM can't get their crap together.

Just curious how "management" doesn't have their "crap together"? They have a trouble making, malcontent player who doesn't want to buy all in to what the team is doing so they tender him at the first round level. Interestingly, despite what a good player he is, nobody is interested in him at that level. So they got the best they could. Sad to see him go but you have to understand the rationale. This is a business not fantasy football. Giving BM a huge contract is far too big a risk.

GoBroncos84
Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I've always felt our issues with marshall would end if we gave him a good contract. His off field behavior would still be a concern, but i think he has matured. I just hate losing proven young talent. I'd feel better if they announced a dumervil extension. I'm sick of us getting rid of the core we should be building around, making even more holes. Seems counterproductive.

What's done is done, I won't be bitching all season. I'm hoping for the best. I just don't think this was necessary

i4jelway7
04-14-2010, 07:04 AM
God da*m it there goes my Madden game, who am I going to throw the quick screen to?

halfcreek
04-14-2010, 07:05 AM

Bye

ColoradoDarin
04-14-2010, 07:06 AM
As I said before, I would have rather kept him, but eh, it's not like I'm going to miss all the playoffs we went to with him on our team.

It's also nothing like the Cutler situation, as long as he doesn't badmouth Bronco fans on his way to Miami I'll still root for him to do well.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-14-2010, 07:06 AM
Sucks it came to this from the actions of both sides, but the crap that guy has and can pull off the field scares the crap out of me. He's too close to a long suspension for me to be completely torn up over this, but I do love watching what he can do when he's on the field.

Unlike Cutler where I hope the guy falls flat on his face in perpetuity, I only hope Brandon and the Dolphins blow next year. Good luck to him.

DB-Freak
04-14-2010, 07:08 AM
When was the last time a star WR led his team to the Super Bowl? They're not as crucial as people think. Enjoy your stacks of money, dbag. You're now playing in a city where trouble will try to find you and your money.

Arizona, but they had two star receivers.

I'm not upset due to the fact that all the signs have led to Marshall really wanting to leave Denver and he was practically a ticking time bomb.

Rabb
04-14-2010, 07:09 AM
Perhaps I'm being overly optimistic, but I've always felt our issues with marshall would end if we gave him a good contract. His off field behavior would still be a concern, but i think he has matured. I just hate losing proven young talent. I'd feel better if they announced a dumervil extension. I'm sick of us getting rid of the core we should be building around, making even more holes. Seems counterproductive.

What's done is done, I won't be b****ing all season. I'm hoping for the best. I just don't think this was necessary

this is not a dig on you really, but seriously...how many times does it have to be said that Denver tried to "pay the man" last summer?

it became fairly clear to me that this was about 2 things

1. Brandon wanted as much money now as possible (understandable)
2. Brandon doesn't want to be in Denver

I applaud the team for not giving in myself

gyldenlove
04-14-2010, 07:10 AM
Well, this officially makes Kyle Orton entirely worthless and renders our offense impotent, here is to hoping we tank so we can draft that Washington kid next year, we are going to need a QB now.

Play2win
04-14-2010, 07:12 AM
I think this is Awesome. It is finally over. I am not big on the soap opera side of the NFL. I just like watching the games.

I think next season is going to a blast as a Bronco fan. It will be a fun season to follow without all the BS. Should be real fun :thumbsup:

SoDak Bronco
04-14-2010, 07:12 AM
Well, this officially makes Kyle Orton entirely worthless and renders our offense impotent, here is to hoping we tank so we can draft that Washington kid next year, we are going to need a QB now.

I think that is the seahawks plan..they want to suck next year to get the hometown kid.

Rabb
04-14-2010, 07:13 AM

congratulations for the best overreacting and douchebag fan post of the year!

I cannot believe anyone would actually say that...nicely done

tsiguy96

bronco fan ladies and gentleman! what self respecting bronco fan DOESNT want us to go 0-16 this year? duh.

eddie mac

I'd bet money that the 2011 draft pick will magically turn into someone else's 2010 pick.

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 07:14 AM
Are there any other super**** players we can get rid of this offseason just so we dont have to go through this ****ing mourning evey season from the little bitches on here???

Hercules Rockefeller
04-14-2010, 07:16 AM
I'd bet money that the 2011 draft pick will magically turn into someone else's 2010 pick.

Which would just suck if true. Josh needs to sit on these picks and use them. He's basically doing what Shanahan did, sign UFAs to start and attempt to draft and develop behind them. MS couldn't do it, hopefully Josh will be able to.

_Oro_
Miami is probably the last place in the world Marshall should go. It seemed he always got in trouble when either he was in the south or he was in a club. Now he's going to be in the south surrounded by clubs that never close. :thumbsup:

TheDave
Wow... All 3 of our pro-bowl players from 2008 are officially gone.

I don't blame the current staff for Marshall, but we just took a big step backwards on offense.

SoDak Bronco
Are there any other super**** players we can get rid of this offseason just so we dont have to go through this ****ing mourning evey season from the little b****es on here???

so are you happy or pissed at the trade?

s0phr0syne
04-14-2010, 07:18 AM
Now we know why the Fins were so willing to let Peezy and his popcorn muscles walk...

SoDak Bronco
04-14-2010, 07:19 AM
All the NFL people on Twitter and on ESPN that I've heard so far are saying the Broncos did really well in this trade. No team was willing to give up 1st but to get two 2nd rounders is pretty damn good haul, all things considered.

rbackfactory80
Adios Puta! Have fun in Southern Florida where you will have trouble all around you. All his friends will be a short drive away!

SoDak Bronco
PostBroncos (https://twitter.com/PostBroncos)

Consider the Ravens gave a 3rd and a 4th for Boldin, and the Jets only a 5th for Holmes. Two 2nds for Marshall is a very good deal.

eddie mac
so are you happy or pissed at the trade?

Neither SDB but I certainly wont b**** and gurn about our Management Team who IMO had no choice. Paying this joker $10m a year would've been suicide and I only hope that he slips on something more clinical than a McDonalds bag sometime very soon and the Dolphins go down the drain with him.

Marshall is/was and will always be a self-centred **** who couldn't spell team and at the end of the day we're only getting back one of the 2nd rd picks he cost us that fateful night a few years ago.

OrangeCrush2724
04-14-2010, 07:20 AM
Miami is probably the last place in the world Marshall should go. It seemed he always got in trouble when either he was in the south or he was in a club. Now he's going to be in the south surrounded by clubs that never close. :thumbsup:

I think it might not be bad for him. He is from FL (I think) and went to school down here also. Living closer to his family and getting married will be a positive influence. Let's face it, we got the best deal we could. Not saying it is equal value for his talent.

Broncos4tw
04-14-2010, 07:22 AM
Once again, we get rid of bluechip talent, and replace with something less. I don't care about the attitudes, the money, the "system," none of that. In this NFL, at the end of the day, you need talent to win. And we are trading it all away because our coach can't get along with anyone with any sort of ego. Guess what... in this NFL, people have egos. Even the Pats crybaby QB has a huge ego.

I don't care if we got a "good deal." We are trading away the best talent we have.

It took all of one year for our brilliant new coach to grab a replacement for his "brilliant" QB pick from last year.

What I find funny is how fans around here during the year, were talking up Brandon like he was a changed man. "What a beast.. changed his attitude.. pay the man!" I saw that repeatedly. And then ONE GAME... he is injured, and the coach benches him because he feels he isn't giving his all, and suddenly he is a thug again.. a talentless hack. Whatever... you guys flap whatever way the coaches wind blows at the drop of a hat.

broncswin
04-14-2010, 07:23 AM
bronco fan ladies and gentleman! what self respecting bronco fan DOESNT want us to go 0-16 this year? duh.

this is why you gotta ignore some posters

Play2win
04-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Also, from a management standpoint, McD has got to be really close to trusting what he gets from each player on the the team. There is a level of integrity there. Don't think reliability was not a factor here. Marshall was capable of great things, but could McD really count on him, especially when he really needed him?

If McD can really count on everyone on his team, then he can then plan, manage, game plan, and install systems that he truly believes in.

Brandon Marshall, you are the Weakest Link... Hilarious!

Pony Boy
04-14-2010, 07:28 AM
Addition by Subtraction

bfoflcommish
04-14-2010, 07:29 AM
SEE YA MARSHALL! YOU ARE MIAMIS PAIN NOW!

So noone sees how this is going to play out huh? where did all of Brandons troubles start, south Florida? Miami, yes a perfect place for a young man with tons of money and a short fuse!

He's going to a team that never combined for more then 21 catches as a unit last year but not all of that was on the wr its also on the qb and not so great situation that is in.

early reports are 30+ guarenteed with 10 mil + a year.....Bye Brandon, take the money who can blame you. What a waste once he gets suspended on a night out.

Considering what other wr's so far went for we got great value, and got rid of a headache, a cancer, and someone who didnt want to be here! I think Miami is an even worse situation for him then somewhere like seattle or Detroit would have been.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 07:30 AM
Once again, we get rid of bluechip talent, and replace with something less.

Nice logic there. Already conceding that both 2nd rounders will bust? Odd considering Marshall was himself a 4th round pick. How can you guarantee that 2 2nd rounders will somehow be "less" than a 4th?

I'll let you in on a little secret. You can't.

bfoflcommish
04-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Once again, we get rid of bluechip talent, and replace with something less. I don't care about the attitudes, the money, the "system," none of that. In this NFL, at the end of the day, you need talent to win. And we are trading it all away because our coach can't get along with anyone with any sort of ego. Guess what... in this NFL, people have egos. Even the Pats crybaby QB has a huge ego.

I don't care if we got a "good deal." We are trading away the best talent we have.

It took all of one year for our brilliant new coach to grab a replacement for his "brilliant" QB pick from last year.

What I find funny is how fans around here during the year, were talking up Brandon like he was a changed man. "What a beast.. changed his attitude.. pay the man!" I saw that repeatedly. And then ONE GAME... he is injured, and the coach benches him because he feels he isn't giving his all, and suddenly he is a thug again.. a talentless hack. Whatever... you guys flap whatever way the coaches wind blows at the drop of a hat.

you saw that from alot of the same people.....most that wanted Brandon out then, still wanted him out now.

srphoenix
04-14-2010, 07:31 AM
Whose ready for Tebow with our later second round pick! Lol

But seriously, I think this was as good of a move as we were going to get trading him, seconds in this draft aren't all that far off some firsts projected talent wise in other drafts. I just hope we can convert these picks to something on the field that is close to what Marshall did for us.

(Wasn't it 18 catches for gaffney in that last game anyways... maybe mcd's got a knack for receivers that the previous regime did for rb's... or maybe not)

Play2win
04-14-2010, 07:36 AM
Here's to Miami falling flat on their faces next year!!

Isn't it fun, how every year we seem to always have a team to root against for draft picks! ;D

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 07:39 AM
TheScore1510 (http://twitter.com/TheScore1510)
Miami Herald's Armando Salguero says Brandon Marshall will be getting $10 million per year with $30 million guaranteed

scary!

Steve Sewell
04-14-2010, 07:39 AM
Marshall in Miami of all places?

ROFL

Things are not going to end well for this idiot.

strafen
04-14-2010, 07:45 AM

Considering that:

A) Marshall already has two strikes against him with the league discipline-wise;
C) 2nd-round picks are generally of higher value (performance vs. pay) than 1st round picks (http://mba.yale.edu/faculty/pdf/massey_thaler_overconfidence_nfl_draft.pdf);
and

Only a McDaniels fan can find to justify what this ****ing moron head coach we've got is doing to destroy my team.
Way to go McDumbass!

ayjackson
04-14-2010, 07:45 AM
Well I'm glad it's behind us.

Congratulations Chad Henne!

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Only a McDaniels fan can find to justify what this ****ing moron head coach we've got is doing to destroy my team.
Way to go McDumbass!

Destroy the team? They were 8-8 last year with a mediocre at best offense.

I'd be willing to bet that this year's offense scores more points than last year's.

Steve Sewell
04-14-2010, 07:48 AM

Re: the bolded above. You are a buffoon if you really think that.

Its insulting for someone to say this about a kid who:

a) throws hissy fits at practice

and

b) dogs it hard core once he's hit his "milestones" for the year, regardless of whether there's a playoff race.

"Best WR in franchise history" types don't do that kind of ****.

barryr
04-14-2010, 07:49 AM
I'd say considering all circumstances, if that trade happens, they made out well. Marshall, until he grows up, won't be the kind of player that will help you get to the next level. And paying a guy like that big bucks wouldn't make any sense.

But it would be ironic since a couple months ago, I thought and posted someplace that Miami was the more likely trade partner for Marshall than any other team.

Hogan11
04-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Marshall in Miami of all places?

ROFL

Things are not going to end well for this idiot.

C'mon now, people feel bad enough as it is....you start raising the possibility of him being done in by his own stupidity in his new enviroment and they'll really start to flip out

TailgateNut
04-14-2010, 07:50 AM

Well, wtf are you still doing here. Carry your ass.

Bigdawg26
04-14-2010, 07:51 AM
This is actually a good move with all things considered for both parties. Denver gets to two round picks (lets hope they don't trade one away for another loser). Marshall gets to go back to his home state. I would have loved to see Marshall stay a bronco, but just wasn't meant to be like tiny Napoleon over here. Sucks we are going to lose all our young offensive talent in Culter, Marshall, and soon Sheff.

Boogerboots
04-14-2010, 07:52 AM
Watching NFL Net this morning with Mayock's takes on the trade. I can't see McD and co. taking Dez Bryant after getting rid of number 15. We don't need another distraction to take over for the one that was just kicked out the door.

How quickly people forget that number 15 pulled the rip cord on the last game of the season when we needed him most. This guy, much like number 6, is a selfish pud who will be cashing paychecks with no hardware to show for.

Broncos got things done with character guys like McCaffrey, Smith, Davis, Elway who checked their egos at the door and played as a TEAM. Number 15 does not fit this mold.

strafen
04-14-2010, 07:53 AM
This is actually a good move with all things considered for both parties. Denver gets to two round picks (lets hope they don't trade one away for another loser). Marshall gets to go back to his home state. I would have loved to see Marshall stay a bronco, but just wasn't meant to be like tiny Napoleon over here. Sucks we are going to lose all our young offensive talent in Culter, Marshall, and soon Sheff.So when are we trading Dumervil?
Anybody knows?

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 07:53 AM
Sucks we are going to lose all our young offensive talent in Culter, Marshall, and soon Sheff.

You're insane. Schef? Really? His production could be replaced by half the folks that post here.

And you're forgetting more than a few that remain. Clady, Harris, Kuper, Royal and Moreno for starters.

Enjoy your new team. C Ya.

strafen
04-14-2010, 07:54 AM
This is the kind of trade only the rest of the AFC West will appreciate...

Archer81
Way to go McDumbass!

http://tinyurl.com/y8275ox

:Broncos:

Steve Sewell
TheScore1510 (http://twitter.com/TheScore1510)
Miami Herald's Armando Salguero says Brandon Marshall will be getting $10 million per year with $30 million guaranteed

scary!

This is hilarious. Wait until the people in Miami (team and fans) find out what this guy is all about. Like I said earlier, this will not end well.

$30 mil guaranteed? Goodness gracious.

Hogan11
Well, wtf are you still doing here. Carry your ass.

He won't be the last to jump to the Fish in light of this trade, afterall Marshall was the end all to be all ya know.

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 07:55 AM
How any true Bronco fan can forgive this **** and his mouth is beyond me.

strafen
04-14-2010, 07:56 AM
You're insane. Schef? Really? His production could be replaced by half the folks that post here.

And you're forgetting more than a few that remain. Clady, Harris, Kuper, Royal and Moreno for starters.

Enjoy your new team. C Ya.Moreno?
Give me a freakin' break!
Keep believing Moreno is going to be a productive player for us.
The kid knows he's a bust. He's working out hard right now, but that's not the problem. He just got no talent. Period!

TailgateNut
04-14-2010, 07:56 AM

Hilarious! How you doin today LEX!

Archer81
04-14-2010, 07:57 AM
How any true Bronco fan can forgive this **** and his mouth is beyond me.

Uhh...what?

strafen
04-14-2010, 07:58 AM
Ok...
When is Dumervil, Scheffler and Eddie Royal be gone by?

Broncobiv
I've said all along that I would LOVE Denver to keep Marshall. He is far too talented to give away for draft picks (most of which do not end up panning out). When you get lucky with a guy like Marshall, the draft picks just don't usually measure up to who you gave away.

The one thing I was worried about though, is once Marshall got paid, would a big letdown occur? Would he ease off the gas since he wasn't playing for a contract anymore?

This is what I'm praying for in Miami. I hope he screws up or plays soft or SOMETHING that would justify, in my mind, letting him go for far less compensation than he was worth.

Oh, and I don't care if the Broncos got "good market value" for Marshall, based on what Boldin and Holmes and McNabb went for! In my mind, it still wasn't worth it, regardless of what the "market" looks like!

:notthissh Not a happy day today. Not happy at all. Marshall is too physically talented to let go...let's hope that $.10 head kicks in ASAP!

Archer81
Moreno?
The kid knows he's a bust. He's working out hard right now, but that's not the problem. He just got no talent. Period!

You are a complete tool. You are neither an NFL GM or smart, so stop when you are ahead.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 07:59 AM
Moreno?

Most productive rookie running back in the league, running behind a patchwork OLine, is a bust and has no talent. That's rich.

Oh well, it was a nice week.....hope everyone enjoyed it while it lasted.

TailgateNut
04-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Way to go McDumbass!

I always thought you were a Chiefs fan. Who would have thunk it?

elsid13
04-14-2010, 08:01 AM
youre joking yourself. marshall made a ton of catches including some great highlight runs, but rod smith was a better rounded WR than marshall, and as far as being a bronco the comparison is not even remotely close.

marshall will never, ever be better than calvin or andre johnson either.

Smith, was very good player but he never forced the DCs to account from on every play. Smith was a guy that worked his ass off, but at no time was he ever in the discussion as the best WR in his generation. Marshall's name is inn the mix with Fitz, and both Johnsons.

I know that this is start of the process were most posters on this board will begin to preach that Marshall wasn't any good, but in fact he was very talent player coming into his own. There is a reason Marshall was on the path of destroying all the franchise records for receiving.

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 08:01 AM
Uhh...what?

People have real short memories around here. RIP 26.

TailgateNut
04-14-2010, 08:02 AM
He won't be the last to jump to the Fish in light of this trade, afterall Marshall was the end all to be all ya know.

Good ridance to all the ****ler/BM nuthuggers.

tsiguy96
Smith, was very good player but he never forced the DCs to account from on every play. Smith was a guy that worked his ass off, but at no time was he ever in the discussion as the best WR in his generation. Marshall's name is inn the mix with Fitz, and both Johnsons.

I know that this is start of the process were most posters on this board will begin to preach that Marshall wasn't any good, but in fact he was very talent player coming into his own. There is a reason Marshall was on the path of destroying all the franchise records for receiving.

no hes not. hes a step below, and there has been no doubting that for a very long time. you can make the case that any 3 of those is the best WR in the NFL, marshall is not in that league.

Archer81
People have real short memories around here. RIP 26.

AHH! OK. I misread the sentence you typed. I get it.

100% Agreed.

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 08:03 AM
Ok...
When is Dumervil, Scheffler and Eddie Royal be gone by?

When have the Broncos ever had Royal or Dumervil available for trade and has Scheffler signed his tender yet??? Which means he wont be going anywhere until some other retard HC or GM makes an offer for his single duty ass.

Archer81
04-14-2010, 08:04 AM

Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe = better than anything Marshall did here. Brandon is quite good, but hardly the "best receiver" the franchise ever had.

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 08:05 AM
please stop quoting dragster

TheDave
04-14-2010, 08:08 AM

Yep... Funny thing is 2/3rds of this board argued that the compensation started with ther Roy Williams trade and would go up from there. Those same people are now praising this move even though we got no where near the compensation that Detroit got.

Like I said before, I don't blame the FO for this mess. Unfortunately, in the last 2 offseasons we have moved 2 pro-bowl players on offense for kyle orton and a few draft picks. It's going to be very interesting to see what this offense looks like this season.

barryr
04-14-2010, 08:09 AM
How about people actually wait until the draft at least to play the season is over, fire McDaniels, and all of that great reading, to see what moves the team makes. Highly doubtful they won't address WR in the draft. Don't forget Marshall was a 4th rounder, so not like it's impossible to find good WR's in the draft and don't have to with a top pick either. Hopefully they will get one who isn't immature and selfish like Brandon Marshall showed to be so often. You don't win big games or championships paying big money to guys like that. Terrell Owens was a great WR too, but how many championships did he win? He caused more distractions for his teams than anything else and that's the path Marshall has chosen to this point in his career at least.

jhat01
04-14-2010, 08:10 AM
So when are we trading Dumervil?
Anybody knows?

If only we could find a way to trade your tired ass. Douchebag

Dagmar
04-14-2010, 08:10 AM

Bye then.

orangemonkey
04-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Rod Smith and Shannon Sharpe = better than anything Marshall did here. Brandon is quite good, but hardly the "best receiver" the franchise ever had.

Bmarsh was the "most talented" WR we've had but not here long enough to earn the tag as "best ever." No way anyone can question his production with the Broncos and sound credible.

TailgateNut
04-14-2010, 08:11 AM
If only we could find a way to trade your tired ass. Douchebag

We can't trade him because we have no control over chief fans and players.

barryr
04-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Yep... Funny thing is 2/3rds of this board argued that the compensation started with ther Roy Williams trade and would go up from there. Those same people are now praising this move even though we got no where near the compensation that Detroit got.

Like I said before, I don't blame the FO for this mess. Unfortunately, in the last 2 offseasons we have moved 2 pro-bowl players on offense for kyle orton and a few draft picks. It's going to be very interesting to see what this offense looks like this season.

People praised the Lions, but questioned Dallas for what they have up. And especially now seeing how Williams has performed in Dallas. In fact, that trade probably scared off teams from giving up too much for a WR seeing how that trade turned out. Notice the Steelers got very little for Holmes, another troubled WR.

kamakazi_kal
04-14-2010, 08:12 AM
Here's to Miami falling flat on their faces next year!!

Isn't it fun, how every year we seem to always have a team to root against for draft picks! ;D

I dunno I like the way Parcells builds his teams.

That being said ..... who's gonna break the tackles to get yardage from Orton's 2yd dinks. ROFL!

At this point should we not scrap the Orton experiment and see what quinn has or a drafted QB? I just don't see how this team is going to move the ball consistantly with last years "system"

Steve Sewell
04-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Which would just suck if true. Josh needs to sit on these picks and use them. He's basically doing what Shanahan did, sign UFAs to start and attempt to draft and develop behind them. MS couldn't do it, hopefully Josh will be able to.

No he's doing as the Pats do...stockpile a **** load of valuable draft picks to move up or down the draft board to get the players that fit with the organization.

TailgateNut
Bmarsh was the "most talented" WR we've had but not here long enough to earn the tag as "best ever." No way anyone can question his production with the Broncos and sound credible.

I'll take an Eddie Mac or Rod Smith any day, in lieu of putting up with BM's issues.

Now, please talk **** about Eddie!

Beantown Bronco
Unfortunately, in the last 2 offseasons we have moved 2 pro-bowl players on offense for kyle orton and a few draft picks.

Two first rounders, two second rounders and a third rounder aren't exactly "a few" draft picks IMO.

Rulon Velvet Jones
04-14-2010, 08:15 AM
For every diva, loudmouth receiver that wigs out, gets traded and paid ridiculous amounts of money, there's another waiting in the wings. It's the Circle of Receiving Life.

orangemonkey
04-14-2010, 08:17 AM
I'll take an Eddie Mac or Rod Smith any day, in lieu of putting up with BM's issues.

Now, please talk **** about Eddie!

Well you will probably get your wish before we see another top 5 WR talent in Dove Valley again.

Archer81
04-14-2010, 08:18 AM

You are so right. I mean, all that production from Marshall and not one playoff game for the Broncos in that span...but I guess that is what is important. Getting a primadonna WR his stats. Screw having playoff success.

Steve Sewell
04-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Moreno?

u trollin' brah?

WolfpackGuy
04-14-2010, 08:20 AM
It's going to be very interesting to see what this offense looks like this season.

http://iamyouasheisme.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/300px-train_wreck_at_montparnasse_1895.jpg

Chief Macho
Mcdaniels and Xanders got fisted in this deal. Doesn't surprise me when two rookies go up against a guy like Parcells. And Marshall got exactly what he wanted all along. Money and Florida. Couldn't even get a player that might help in return.

orangemonkey
You are so right. I mean, all that production from Marshall and not one playoff game for the Broncos in that span...but I guess that is what is important. Getting a primadonna WR his stats. Screw having playoff success.

No my friend, YOU are so right. I completely forgot that a single top 5 WR is supposed to take you to the playoffs (even with a mediocre QB).

Chief Macho
04-14-2010, 08:22 AM

Damn, thats a simplistic view on things. But I suspect you know its bs.

jhat01
04-14-2010, 08:23 AM
Mcdaniels and Xanders got fisted in this deal. Doesn't surprise me when two rookies go up against a guy like Parcells. And Marshall got exactly what he wanted all along. Money and Florida. Couldn't even get a player that might help in return.

If the guy wants out so bad, you get what you can..Take a look at the other deals that have been done this offseason, they have been talked about in this thread...

Chief Macho
04-14-2010, 08:23 AM
If the guy wants out so bad, you get what you can..Take a look at the other deals that have been done this offseason, they have been talked about in this thread...

I agree.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 08:24 AM

Please. Plenty of 2nd rounders help out and contribute from year one every season.

elsid13
Can someone explain to me, How does this make us a better team NEXT season?

dbfan4life
This has got to be the worst two consecutive offseasons I can ever remember as a fan. HOF head coach - gone. Pro Bowl QB - gone, Pro Bowl WR - gone. Hey maybe we can start off 6-0 again and get all our hopes up and the crash and burn at the end. That is wishful thinking at this point.

Rohirrim
04-14-2010, 08:25 AM
Goodbye Brandon! :welcome:

Enjoy South Florida, your old stomping grounds. So, now we have the 43 and 45 pick, plus the number 11? And an extra second next year? That's not bad. Lot of good talent will be there in the second round. Definitely enough to beef up our lines and improve this team. WRs come and go, but good lines lead to consistent victory.

Steve Sewell
04-14-2010, 08:25 AM

No one is arguing that he isn't any good. He's not the type of player that "Fitz and both Johnsons" are, unless you are referring to Chad Johnson. Those guys you mention him with happen to be good teammates and solid influences on their respective organizations.

I'm indifferent about the trade. I don't think that Marshall and McD can coexist. I also don't trust Marshall at all with his track record of intense stupidity. Why pay some guy $10 mil a year with $30 mil guaranteed when he's 1 strike away from a 1 year suspension. Miami just took a MASSIVE risk that can easily blow up in their faces.

Dagmar
04-14-2010, 08:26 AM

http://www.destructoid.com/elephant//ul/67632-facepalm.jpg

broncofan2438
04-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Go F*UC*K yourself Brandon and you can join him McStupid

BroncoInferno
04-14-2010, 08:28 AM

I don't think anybody is going to claim he wasn't any good. Most of the folks who wanted him gone didn't like him because of the "flava clown" factor. Personally, I am kind of ambivalent about this. I said I wouldn't be happy with only a 2nd, I guess I can live with two 2nds. The key to the Cutler-Marshall trades will obviously come down to how the picks are used. So far, we've gotten Orton-Ayers-Quinn from the deals (we used our own 1st rounder on Smith, so the 11th pick will be the next piece of the puzzle). Orton was decent last year, Ayers showed flashes and will likely start next year so jury still out on him but he appears to be on the right track, I hated the Quinn pick at the time and still hate it but hopefully he at least develops into a solid blocking TE. Time will tell.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 08:29 AM

It could if any one of the following happen:

The 2nd rounder turns into a stud at a position of need.
Royal gets back into form and, combined with Gaffney, Stokley and others, match or exceed Marshall's production because the offense is now more balanced.
More focus on strengthening the line and the running game.
If Marshall gets into trouble off the field and gets suspended, we won't be the ones missing him for 8 games.

I could go on.

elsid13
No one is arguing that he isn't any good. He's not the type of player that "Fitz and both Johnsons" are, unless you are referring to Chad Johnson. Those guys you mention him with happen to be good teammates and solid influences on their respective organizations.

I'm indifferent about the trade. I don't think that Marshall and McD can coexist. I also don't trust Marshall at all with his track record of intense stupidity. Why pay some guy $10 mil a year with $30 mil guaranteed when he's 1 strike away from a 1 year suspension. Miami just took a MASSIVE risk that can easily blow up in their faces.

Stand by, there will be plenty of posters here will start claiming he was overrated and not a difference maker. We both been on this board long enough to see how this plays out.

Steve Sewell
Hey maybe we can start off 6-0 again and get all our hopes up and the crash and burn at the end. .

We didn't crash and burn in the previous 2 seasons under said HoF Coach, Pro Bowl QB, and Pro Bowl WR?

May I remind you that we won ONE...ONE frickin' playoff game under said HoF coach over the last 10 seasons of his tenure? That is unacceptable and warranted a firing and the wholesale changes that we're seeing right now.

jhat01
04-14-2010, 08:30 AM
This has got to be the worst two consecutive offseasons I can ever remember as a fan. HOF head coach - gone. Pro Bowl QB - gone, Pro Bowl WR - gone. Hey maybe we can start off 6-0 again and get all our hopes up and the crash and burn at the end. That is wishful thinking at this point.

What, you mean start strong and fade like we have the last several years, with all of our pro bowl skill position players? I love what Marshall did on the field, how could anybody not...But it's been clear for awhile with several of his comments about Denver that he wanted out. He's out, and we got pretty good compensation.

Archer81
04-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Damn, thats a simplistic view on things. But I suspect you know its bs.

http://tinyurl.com/y25fgrd

The over reaction to trading players (Cutler, Hillis, Marshall) who never actually got this team into the playoffs is the most startling thing I have seen the last two years.

We consistently make fun of the Chargers for having the "most talented" teams to ever play football...but they are winning division championships and going to the playoffs and at least get a shot to go to a superbowl.

So we collect "talent" that sometimes puts up good numbers, or makes a lame ass pro-bowl and act like we are on par with teams like Indi, SD, NE, Pitt or Baltimore. Its the end of the world to get rid of players that are not helping us win, despite all the talent in the world. I would prefer the less talented effort guys to the all world dudes with **** attitudes. At least then you know they want to win.

So if the Broncos have to get rid of Scheffler too, BFD. Life goes on, find a TE who wants to be here and wants to win and not act like sand got in his vag.

Dagmar
04-14-2010, 08:31 AM
please stop quoting dragster
:)

DenverBrit
04-14-2010, 08:31 AM

A loser's wish.

strafen
04-14-2010, 08:32 AM
It could if any one of the following happen:

The 2nd rounder turns into a stud at a position of need.
Royal gets back into form and, combined with Gaffney, Stokley and others, match or exceed Marshall's production because the offense is now more balanced.
More focus on strengthening the line and the running game.
If Marshall gets into trouble off the field and gets suspended, we won't be the ones missing him for 8 games.

I could go on.Royal gets back into form?
Since when was he out of form?
He may also be gone after next season.
Gaffney?
Please!
Keep believing what you want to believe.
Mcdaniels has ****ed up my team.

kamakazi_kal
04-14-2010, 08:32 AM

Well the way it works is if you get a 7 or an 11 on the first toss you win. 2,3 or 12 and you lose.

got it?

strafen
04-14-2010, 08:35 AM
A loser's wish.

Is not a wish.
It's going to be a fact we're going to stink this year.
How much faith do you have in a rookie headcoach without a tracking record in rebuilding teams?
I can tell you one thing, he's building a hell of a record in destroying a franchise that just needed a strong defense to be one of the best teams in football for the next 10 years.
We just traded a 26-year old WR talent as good as they rarely come into the NFL...

Archer81
04-14-2010, 08:36 AM

So...how many playoff appearances had Cutler, Marshall, Hillis and Scheffler led this team to?

No worries. I'll wait.

kamakazi_kal
04-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Goodbye Brandon! :welcome:

Enjoy South Florida, your old stomping grounds. So, now we have the 43 and 45 pick, plus the number 11? And an extra second next year? That's not bad. Lot of good talent will be there in the second round. Definitely enough to beef up our lines and improve this team. WRs come and go, but good lines lead to consistent victory.

Didn't we have one of the best o lines in football like 2 years ago .... wtf happend there?

I agree with you D line and O line please.

DenverBrit
04-14-2010, 08:37 AM
SEE YA MARSHALL! YOU ARE MIAMIS PAIN NOW!

So noone sees how this is going to play out huh? where did all of Brandons troubles start, south Florida? Miami, yes a perfect place for a young man with tons of money and a short fuse!

He's going to a team that never combined for more then 21 catches as a unit last year but not all of that was on the wr its also on the qb and not so great situation that is in.

early reports are 30+ guarenteed with 10 mil + a year.....Bye Brandon, take the money who can blame you. What a waste once he gets suspended on a night out.

Considering what other wr's so far went for we got great value, and got rid of a headache, a cancer, and someone who didnt want to be here! I think Miami is an even worse situation for him then somewhere like seattle or Detroit would have been.

No kidding.

I wish BM well in Miami, but I can't help but wonder at the combination of BM getting tens of millions and South Beach.

A kid with a truckload of matches in a fireworks factory comes to mind.

Requiem
04-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Got a text from my best friend who is a die-hard Miami fan and he is thrilled. I'm thrilled too. I don't see Miami being a legitimate competitor in that division this year, although I may be surprised by their play. Two second-round picks doesn't seem like a lot, but I'll take it. Good thing for Brandon is he gets to be back closer to where he went to school and grew up.

Brandon, thanks for all you did.

jhat01
04-14-2010, 08:38 AM
Is not a wish.
It's going to be a fact we're going to stink this year.
How much faith do you have in a rookie headcoach without a tracking record in rebuilding teams?
I can tell you one thing, he's building a hell of a record in destroying a franchise that just needed a strong defense to be one of the best teams in football for the next 10 years.
We just traded a 26-year old WR talent as good as they rarely come into the NFL...

Rookie still? It was going to be a fact that we sucked last year too according to all the talking heads.

I'm going to enjoy watching the team this year...too bad some bronco fans won't.

Archer81
No kidding.

I wish BM well in Miami, but I can't help but wonder at the combination of BM getting tens of millions and South Beach.

A kid with a truckload of matches in a fireworks factory comes to mind.

This.

Beantown Bronco
Stand by, there will be plenty of posters here will start claiming he was overrated and not a difference maker. We both been on this board long enough to see how this plays out.

OMane myth at its best. People love to claim that other people only bag on these guys after they leave. They apparently see what they want to see.

Cutler? Nothing new came out against Cutler after the trade that wasn't rampant pre-trade.
Marshall? Same here. I've been saying for months now that Marshall won us maybe one game all last season (NE) that would've turned into a loss had he not been there. I've seen plenty of folks post the football outsiders analysis of him which showed he was "league average" and not the top 5 guy some claim him to be. Calling him overrated or not the consistent game-breaker some claim is nothing new and has nothing to do with him being gone.
Schef? Again, people have been hating on this guy...justifiably so....for a long time. Yet I know we'll see people complaining that folks only bagged on him after he was gone.

It's simply not true. People have had no problem pointing out the faults of current players as long as I've been here.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 08:40 AM
Didn't we have one of the best o lines in football like 2 years ago .... wtf happend there?

Harris got hurt.
Weigmann simply ran out of gas/motivation and should've retired when he threatened to do so last summer.
Kuper got hurt.
Hamilton regressed and really wasn't suited to the new power scheme.

Chief Macho
04-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Please. Plenty of 2nd rounders help out and contribute from year one every season.

Quinn?

Rohirrim
04-14-2010, 08:43 AM
I tried to log onto Finheaven to see what they think, but I can't get through. Server overloaded. ;D

orangemonkey
04-14-2010, 08:43 AM
OMane myth at its best. People love to claim that other people only bag on these guys after they leave. They apparently see what they want to see.

Cutler? Nothing new came out against Cutler after the trade that wasn't rampant pre-trade.
Marshall? Same here. I've been saying for months now that Marshall won us maybe one game all last season (NE) that would've turned into a loss had he not been there. I've seen plenty of folks post the football outsiders analysis of him which showed he was "league average" and not the top 5 guy some claim him to be. Calling him overrated or not the consistent game-breaker some claim is nothing new and has nothing to do with him being gone.
Schef? Again, people have been hating on this guy...justifiably so....for a long time. Yet I know we'll see people complaining that folks only bagged on him after he was gone.

It's simply not true. People have had no problem pointing out the faults of current players as long as I've been here.

So "league average" WR's get paid $30M guaranteed money now? Holy crap, we're in trouble - we now have a whole stable of league average WR's.

gunns
04-14-2010, 08:44 AM
Orton was decent last year

This is a prime example of the ever expanding disease among fans lately....willing to settle for decent. Plummer was decent, Griese was decent, Sam Brandon was decent, Paymah was decent, Foxworth was decent, etc., this is what I heard from fans when these guys would have a good game here or there. I don't think anything has bothered me more than the lack of consistency in the majority of the players we've had over the last 10 years and the fact that we are happy to settle because they're decent. Decent = average and that's the KC Chiefs or the Raiders or the Seahawks or or or...when did we become like this?

Can this be considered a meltdown?

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 08:45 AM
So "league average" WR's get paid $30M guaranteed money now? Holy crap, we're in trouble - we now have a whole stable of league average WR's.

Did you see how much the Faid paid Javon Walker?

elsid13
04-14-2010, 08:46 AM
Quinn?

I would have gone with Smith

Archer81
This is a prime example of the ever expanding disease among fans lately....willing to settle for decent. Plummer was decent, Griese was decent, Sam Brandon was decent, Paymah was decent, Foxworth was decent, etc., this is what I heard from fans when these guys would have a good game here or there. I don't think anything has bothered me more than the lack of consistency in the majority of the players we've had over the last 10 years and the fact that we are happy to settle because they're decent. Decent = average and that's the KC Chiefs or the Raiders or the Seahawks or or or...when did we become like this?

No. It would have been if you expanded your list to include Cutler.

orangemonkey
Did you see how much the Faid paid Javon Walker?
You can't be serious trying to compare Al Davis insanity with any decent NFL franchise can you???

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 08:48 AM
Got a text from my best friend who is a die-hard Miami fan and he is thrilled. I'm thrilled too. I don't see Miami being a legitimate competitor in that division this year, although I may be surprised by their play. Two second-round picks doesn't seem like a lot, but I'll take it. Good thing for Brandon is he gets to be back closer to where he went to school and grew up.

Brandon, thanks for all you did.

It depends what way you look at that given all his issues started there.:D

Rohirrim
04-14-2010, 08:48 AM

Yep. It's just perception. The day after a player is traded you can say the same thing you've been saying for a year, but it's suddenly perceived differently.

McDman
04-14-2010, 08:49 AM
This years offense is going to be absolutely painful to watch.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 08:49 AM
You can't be serious trying to compare Al Davis insanity with any decent NFL franchise can you???

Every year, those decent NFL franchises overpay for mediocre production. I just cited one example that was recent and involved the one position in question.

kamakazi_kal
04-14-2010, 08:50 AM

I'm gonna say since you didn't make a negative comment about Mcd or the FO your safe on this one.

That being said, I think were in for more of the same this year. I really have a hard time thinking the O will be consistant with Royal, Gaff and someone as our top WR options. Even if our Oline and Moreno pick it up (and they better) Orton and those options will struggle. It maybe hard to watch. Here's rooting for Nolan and.....I mean here's rooting for another DC and the D cmon boy's this is the year you don't wear out!

bronclvr
04-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Look at it this way-Brandon is getting paid, but going to a Team that will be at least third in their Division-we should do better than that-

ColoradoBuff
04-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Wish you all the best BMarsh...but Denver was never gonna pay you what Miami just did. Let Miami over-pay him!

Rabb
04-14-2010, 08:54 AM
This years offense is going to be absolutely painful to watch.

that's right

because everyone knows that the true measure of a team is before the draft or training camp

I don't know how some of you make it through life, my God

Rohirrim
04-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Thanks for all the seaplane rides, Paul Allen. Bill Parcells sends you his best. Hilarious!

gunns
04-14-2010, 08:56 AM
No. It would have been if you expanded your list to include Cutler.

It did include Cutler. The etc, and the part about a good game here or there. No consistency.

orangemonkey
04-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Every year, those decent NFL franchises overpay for mediocre production. I just cited one example that was recent and involved the one position in question.
Yeah I know what you were saying. No need to argue any further with anyone who thinks that Marshall or his production has been mediocre. Bill Parcells and I think you are nuts.

Archer81
04-14-2010, 08:58 AM
It did include Cutler. The etc, and the part about a good game here or there. No consistency.

It was a good point to make. We have become OK with the average. How long has it been since we knew before any game Denver was just going to stomp team X? 11 years?...

Archer81
04-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Yeah I know what you were saying. No need to argue any further with anyone who thinks that Marshall or his production has been mediocre. Bill Parcells and I think you are nuts.

And the best that production could do is 8 wins a year and 0 playoff appearances.

TheDave
04-14-2010, 08:59 AM

and there is a perfect example of this "myth"... Suddenly he only won us one game (Dallas??).

:rofl:

bronco militia
04-14-2010, 09:00 AM
and there is a perfect example of this "myth"... Suddenly he only won us one game (Dallas??).

no doubt

Kaylore
04-14-2010, 09:00 AM

Considering that:

and

Me too. I like two seconds. We need to start drafting better though. I do like idea of the whiners on the team getting shipped out.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 09:02 AM

Once again, we show our inability to read or comprehend what we are reading here....so we jump to incorrect conclusions.

Show me where I said he was mediocre. I did nothing more than reference a football outsiders report that has been posted here by others that determined he was mediocre. Why did I do it? For the sole purpose of defending the position that Marshall has been criticized by folks here prior to any hint of a trade.

Archer81

Stokely has won us as many games as Marshall had last year...

Indi game sums up Brandon Marshall. Will put up numbers all over the field and set records...but the team still loses.

Steve Sewell
Quick...

Name the receivers that were on the Patriots Super Bowl winning teams.

Name the Patriot's most valuable receiver right now.

Maybe I'm rationalizing a little bit, but I think that McD went to Gaffney 18 times or whatever in the last game of the year to prove a point that getting 100 receptions in this offense is not too big of a feat, regardless of the players talent level. I think its more about being aware and being on the same page with the QB more than anything.

BroncoInferno

Whether you agree or not, it's something BB has said before. In other words, his position has been consistent, which was his point about the mythologizing. Most of the folks bagging on BM were doing so before the trade.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 09:05 AM

Nope. I will not credit him for the win against Dallas.

People can always point out the catch and run at the end of the game, but few realize that it was a tied game at that point and the Broncos had the ball first and 10 at midfield with 2 minutes to play. Fewer realize that Marshall did absolute jack sh*t for 58 minutes of that game.

There is no reason to believe that we lose that game if Marshall sits it out in favor of Gaffney. None.

TheReverend
04-14-2010, 09:06 AM

It's VERY true.

Exhibit A (Mike Shanahan):

12-29 2008 (day after the season is over)
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75465

72% want him here.

12-30 2008 (ONE day later, after his firing)
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75595
Now only 44% wanted him here...

Exhibit B (Josh McDaniels):

Some of his biggest supporters not supporting the potential hire and instead advocating who they specifically later bashed in Jeremy Bates:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75618&highlight=McDaniels

Exhibit C (Jay Cutler):

His pro-bowl announcement thread. Keep in mind this was at the end of his last season in Denver. There are a few complaints about his play, but you'll see some of his now most notorious bashers falling over themselves to illustrate how he deserved it:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=75057&highlight=cutler+pro+bowl

Exhibit D (McDaniels and Cutler):

I don't think anything needs to said for this... just click.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=78172&highlight=McDaniels

There are MUCH better examples than these out there... I just don't have the time to dig entirely too deeply. Regardless, it should be evident that it's very true that our opinions on the performance of players/coaches is largely based on if they're wearing orange and blue.

Punisher
04-14-2010, 09:08 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dyr-UHHMIrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dyr-UHHMIrY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

gunns
04-14-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm gonna say since you didn't make a negative comment about Mcd or the FO your safe on this one.

That being said, I think were in for more of the same this year. I really have a hard time thinking the O will be consistant with Royal, Gaff and someone as our top WR options. Even if our Oline and Moreno pick it up (and they better) Orton and those options will struggle. It maybe hard to watch. Here's rooting for Nolan and.....I mean here's rooting for another DC and the D cmon boy's this is the year you don't wear out!

No this was a negative comment about us fans. I'm so tired of hearing about Orton's stats......if those stats stand for his play last year I don't want good stats and stats never tell the whole story anyway. I realize that right now we probably have no other option for the QB position but don't sit there and say we will be ok at that position because Orton is decent. I'm willing to give some guys the decent label as they still have time to prove themselves better than that, Moreno, Ayers, Smith, Bruton, Bath, etc. And there are the blue collar players, like Eddie Mac, Alfred Williams, etc that will never make the HOF but consistently gave to this team. THAT's what I want. We haven't even had enough of those lately.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Rev - I still disagree.

Sure, I agree that it's common sense/practice to support the guys in O&B and turn on them after they leave. What I'm disagreeing with is the notion that we are pointing out faults after they leave that weren't pointed out when they were here. That and that alone.

TheDave
04-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Whether you agree or not, it's something BB has said before. In other words, his position has been consistent, which was his point about the mythologizing. Most of the folks bagging on BM were doing so before the trade.

Really, he was telling us all that BMarsh didn't win that game for us?

Something tells me that opinion "developed" during this offseason.

Chief Macho
04-14-2010, 09:10 AM
Quick...

Name the receivers that were on the Patriots Super Bowl winning teams.

Name the Patriot's most valuable receiver right now.

Maybe I'm rationalizing a little bit, but I think that McD went to Gaffney 18 times or whatever in the last game of the year to prove a point that getting 100 receptions in this offense is not too big of a feat, regardless of the players talent level. I think its more about being aware and being on the same page with the QB more than anything.

I'm glad the Head Coach is more into 'proving points' to fans and players then his is worried about getting ass raped on the home field by the Chiefs.

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm glad the Head Coach is more into 'proving points' to fans and players then his is worried about getting ass raped on the home field by the Chiefs.

so you came to this message board for....what reason again?

Punisher
04-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Why did we let go Marshall? All he did was break tackles, and catch 100 Balls a season. After McD gets fired from here he will never have another Head Coach Job ever.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Really, he was telling us all that BMarsh didn't win that game for?

Something tells me that opinion "developed" during this offseason.

I've fought this battle several times and, you being a regular here, I'm not sure how you missed it. IMMEDIATELY after the season, there was a debate about Marshall's value to the team and arguments back and forth about what games would've been won/lost without him. From post number one in that exchange, I've been extremely consistent.

TheDave
04-14-2010, 09:15 AM
I've fought this battle several times and, you being a regular here, I'm not sure how you missed it. IMMEDIATELY after the season, there was a debate about Marshall's value to the team and arguments back and forth about what games would've been won/lost without him. From post number one in that exchange, I've been extremely consistent.

i.e. as soon as I was convinced he was gone my opinion of him changed.

Archer81
04-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Why did we let go Marshall? All he did was break tackles, and catch 100 Balls a season. After McD gets fired from here he will never have another Head Coach Job ever.

How many times did Marshall catch the ball, run a few yards, try to get away from half the defense, go backwards and end up gaining just a yard?

Steve Sewell
04-14-2010, 09:17 AM

Gaffney was playing Marshall's position during the game and getting open and making some big plays down the field.

Did you even watch the game? The reason for the loss was because of an atrocious defensive effort.

You are either trolling or thick as molasses. Probably both.

Punisher
04-14-2010, 09:20 AM
How many times did Marshall catch the ball, run a few yards, try to get away from half the defense, go backwards and end up gaining just a yard?

Oh yea your right Brandon Marshall sucks, the kid is a hot commodity, top 5 WR. You just don't break up young talent, this guy just destroyed our team.

I root for them cause i love the Denver Broncos but with all the young talent we lost, everybody knows this team is going no where.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-14-2010, 09:20 AM

Though Marshall is gone, i'm not going to undervalue his meaning to the broncos. While what you say isn't false, he's the only broncos receiver that i can remember who you just kinda threw it up to and often he'd come down with it. You can win football games withougt great receivers, so if you wanna use these extra picks to build your lines, fantastic. If youre going to draft another receiver with the 11...what the **** is the point? We already had a young proven one

kamakazi_kal
04-14-2010, 09:22 AM
Nope. I will not credit him for the win against Dallas.

People can always point out the catch and run at the end of the game, but few realize that it was a tied game at that point and the Broncos had the ball first and 10 at midfield with 2 minutes to play. Fewer realize that Marshall did absolute jack sh*t for 58 minutes of that game.

There is no reason to believe that we lose that game if Marshall sits it out in favor of Gaffney. None.

Sorry gaffney is no game changer. He has his moments but cmon their not even in the same class.

Punisher
Does McD go out there and Catch 100 Passes a season, Does McD go out there and throw for 4,000 yards no. The guy never made it in football and never will.

TheReverend
Rev - I still disagree.

Sure, I agree that it's common sense/practice to support the guys in O&B and turn on them after they leave. What I'm disagreeing with is the notion that we are pointing out faults after they leave that weren't pointed out when they were here. That and that alone.

Then you're clamping your hands over your ears and saying "lalalalalalalala".

When someone is in orange and blue, faults get casually pointed out while we praise them as top 3 players. The minute they're gone (and I mean the MINUTE) they become not only bad football players, but evil human beings as well. This is so well documented over the years here that it's not even up for debate.

Very RARELY do people stick to their personal beliefs... which is sad. Much respect to Alec, while I disagree with his opinion, he's ALWAYS been against Cutler's style of play.

kamakazi_kal
04-14-2010, 09:24 AM
Though Marshall is gone, i'm not going to undervalue his meaning to the broncos. While what you say isn't false, he's the only broncos receiver that i can remember who you just kinda threw it up to and often he'd come down with it. You can win football games withougt great receivers, so if you wanna use these extra picks to build your lines, fantastic. If youre going to draft another receiver with the 11...what the **** is the point? We already had a young proven one

ohhh dude ur about to get roasted ..... bad fan .... bad. ha ha :spit:

elsid13
04-14-2010, 09:25 AM
Gaffney was playing Marshall's position during the game and getting open and making some big plays down the field.

Did you even watch the game? The reason for the loss was because of an atrocious defensive effort.

So because Gaffney performed against defense that sucked, and was more interested in tee time then playing we should feel comfortable.

Marshall had greater impact on the field then just catching balls. He forced teams to slide coverage his way, or double team him. That opened up a lot of plays for other player on the field. Gaffney is not going to get that respect from DCs in the NFL.

We lost a talent today, the question is can we find a player or players to step in and fill that void.

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 09:25 AM

a. he had a ton of off the field issues, do you think they would go away if you paid him 30 million dollars guaranteed?
b. he didnt want to be here, and the relationship was never going to work, so hes gone.

if we get bryant at #11 (he may be gone) i wuldnt be mad at all.

Popcorn Sutton
04-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Brandon Marshall reaches agreement with Dolphins on four-year, $47.5 million extension, including $24 million guaranteed.

That was fast!

eddie mac
04-14-2010, 09:30 AM
Despite what his PR people said he was never staying here even if we put the money on the table for him. The DW issues were never going to go away and neither should they.

baja
04-14-2010, 09:30 AM
The fact that Parcells was willing to take on Marshall and his troubles and distractions is a head scratcher for me.

Steve Sewell
04-14-2010, 09:31 AM
So because Gaffney performed against defense that sucked, and was more interested in tee time then playing we should feel comfortable.

Marshall had greater impact on the field then just catching balls. He forced teams to slide coverage his way, or double team him. That opened up a lot of plays for other player on the field. Gaffney is not going to get that respect from DCs in the NFL.

We lost a talent today, the question is can we find a player or players to step in and fill that void.

I'm not arguing that Gaffney is a similar player. What I'm saying is that people are over-stating the need for a Marshall-type talent at WR to move the ball on offense. In a previous post I cite the Pats (pre-Moss) who move the ball like a machine with mediocre (at best) receivers. Just some insight on what McD's methodology is, that's all.

Ambiguous
04-14-2010, 09:32 AM
Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Brandon Marshall reaches agreement with Dolphins on four-year, $47.5 million extension, including $24 million guaranteed.

That was fast!

Wow...

Who thinks it would have been worth it to pay him that much in Denver? Not me, it's been a crap shoot whether the guy can play 16 games.

Thanks for the good times, Bmarsh, you got your payday. :)

Chief Macho
04-14-2010, 09:32 AM

You ask me if I watched the game? How many picks for td's did the offense give up? Answer is two . 14 points in key situations because no wr on the offense could get separation. You're a joke dude.

elsid13
04-14-2010, 09:33 AM
The fact that Parcells was willing to take on Marshall and his troubles and distractions is a head scratcher for me.

Because LT the coke-head was such in easier problem.

Rohirrim
04-14-2010, 09:34 AM

The point is - With Brandon's off field issues (not to mention some of his behavior this year), were the Broncos willing to give him a four year $47 million dollar contract? No. So what's the other option? Get the most you can get for him to improve the team. I hope this is not going to turn into another one of those "Cutler" mythologies with people making up all kinds of **** to support their biases.

Here's the fact: The Broncos were not willing to gamble on Brandon for the future. The Dolphins are. Both FOs have done what they think is best for their respective franchises. Adios.

kamakazi_kal
04-14-2010, 09:34 AM
a. he had a ton of off the field issues, do you think they would go away if you paid him 30 million dollars guaranteed?
b. he didnt want to be here, and the relationship was never going to work, so hes gone.

if we get bryant at #11 (he may be gone) i wuldnt be mad at all.

huh ..... dude wanted to be paid plain and simple. He's getting what he wanted. In the battle of monster ego's mcd will win. That's been proven.

I don't know much about bryant but, isn't he kind a diva problem child WR also? and how much guaranteed would the #11 cost vs. what marsh just got.

Beantown Bronco
04-14-2010, 09:35 AM
Sorry gaffney is no game changer. He has his moments but cmon their not even in the same class.

Weird. I don't recall ever saying he was.

kamakazi_kal
04-14-2010, 09:36 AM
I'm not arguing that Gaffney is a similar player. What I'm saying is that people are over-stating the need for a Marshall-type talent at WR to move the ball on offense. In a previous post I cite the Pats (pre-Moss) who move the ball like a machine with mediocre (at best) receivers. Just some insight on what McD's methodology is, that's all.

one problem their champ ...... Orton is no Brady.

elsid13

NE was able to perform because they had HOF QB. Talent on field beats coaching systems.

We took a hit on talent, Denver needs to get lucky (like all teams do) and find some talent in draft.

Rohirrim

Oh bull****. Go back and watch that practice video. Go back and read about other players demanding that the coach bench the guy for a game. Now that he's gone, people are going to try to turn the guy into ****ing Gunga Din. Ha!

TailgateNut
04-14-2010, 09:37 AM
Royal gets back into form?
Since when was he out of form?
He may also be gone after next season.
Gaffney?
Please!
Keep believing what you want to believe.

How did McDaniels **** up the Chiefs?

tsiguy96
04-14-2010, 09:37 AM
NE was able to perform because they had HOF QB. Talent on field beats coaching systems.

We took a hit on talent, Denver needs to get lucky (like all teams do) and find some talent in draft.

agreed with most of this, but you can have 11 great guys, if they dont work together for **** they wont succeed. coaching, discipline and being able to work as a team are as important as having talent at your positions.

DenverBrit
04-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Bowlen has to be a happy man today.

He's off the hook for BM, the police calls and the tens of millions he would have cost. Money that will be better spent building a team in Denver.

BM gets what he wants.......out of Denver (understandable remembering the DWill tragedy) and a huge payday from Miami, a beach and nightclubs.

Like the Cutler trade, both teams got value. But let's not get all misty eyed about losing those players. For all their talent, they couldn't get Denver into the playoffs.

Now if only Denver could get something for Scheffler.

Lolad

exactly. Why give away proven talent for somebody who may or may not even produce close to BM's numbers

Popcorn Sutton
Adam_Schefter

Looks like Brandon Marshall's new $50 million deal makes him the highest paid WR in NFL history. Lot to live up to this season.