PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins in on Marshall

robbieopperude
04-14-2010, 04:38 AM
Per ESPN Phins have really picked up interest in Marshall.

Let thy bidding war begin. Carrol stated Seattles offer is on the table (likely pick 60).

Traveler
04-14-2010, 04:41 AM
If 60 is the best SEA is willing to offer, then BM should remain a Bronco IMO.

robbieopperude
04-14-2010, 04:44 AM
I think Seattle is just waiting and deciding if they should react or not. I can't see them really being a player for B.Marsh anymore. Pick 60 isn't going to get it done and I don't think they are giving up there 1st rounders.

DelBronco
04-14-2010, 04:47 AM
Miami getting in Marshall mix?

By Bill Williamson
ESPN.com

The Brandon Marshall trade winds were blowing hard late Tuesday and early Wednesday morning.

There is strong talk Denver is trying to unload the Pro Bowl receiver, who made a trade easier Tuesday by signing his restricted free-agency tender. The Miami Herald is also hearing the talk. It believes Marshall could be on his way to the Dolphins.

There could be complications to this trade. I wouldnt be shocked if a third team has to get involved. Denver has wanted a first-round pick for Marshall, but it may have to settle for a second-round pick.

Seattle remains interested. Seahawks coach Pete Carroll made it sound like that the Seahawks have their offer on the table for Marshall.

"We've done our homework and done our research on that," he told reporters. "We've done our homework and done our research on that. Really, it's not in our hands. The Broncos have some things that they have to do. We're on alert here.

It seems like we all should be on alert, coach.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/12014/miami-getting-in-marshall-mix

What complications could there be?

Broncoman13
04-14-2010, 04:59 AM
Well, it wouldn't be ideal but the Phins' 2nd and Ginn for BMarsh would work for me.

Bronco Rob
04-14-2010, 05:03 AM
For the love of all that's Holy. I can not for the life of me understand why we are letting a true world class talent (and yes, a world class jerk) leave the team...

I believe Bill Murray in the movie STRIPES as John Winger put it best when he said "And then, depression set in."

SoDak Bronco
04-14-2010, 05:16 AM
If we don't get a decent offer keep his ass in denver. This shouldn't be a desperation move by the Broncos. If we play are cards right we can come out okay, but I don't think we should be willing to let him go for anything like the 60th pick, that is just bad business.

Broncos_OTM
04-14-2010, 05:29 AM
for two round picks one this year and one next

cutthemdown
04-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Well, it wouldn't be ideal but the Phins' 2nd and Ginn for BMarsh would work for me.

I agree. The problem is if you try and wait you could end up getting nothing for him this yr. Marshall comes back to Denver, hates it, doesn't play hard, then leaves next yr as an UFA and we get nothing.

No way broncos tag him after another yr so if they want picks for him they probably have to get what they can now.

Unless marshall has really told them he play this yr and play hard. If he said that he would like to be traded, but if not he will play out the yr then broncos could maybe just use him 1 more yr and get something out of him.

If not though just dump him now, to a team we don't play a lot, and move on. Let's face it coach left, team went into turmoil, qb got pissed, now marshal wants out, so it hasn't been easy to be a Bronco fan.

I think though this is last yr. By this time next yr all the drama will be over and some new team will have a new coach and pissed off players.

I still think mcdaniels football acumen is high, he knows how to win, he has good ideas. Those are the most important qualities I look for in a coach. He hasn't yet learned everything about managing people and players but he will learn. Either that or people that can't get along with him will be gone. Either way we are almost there I think.

521 1N5
04-14-2010, 05:34 AM
Filed to ESPN: Brandon Marshall is going to be traded to the Miami Dolphins for a second-round pick this year and another pick next year.

Per Adam's Twitter

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 05:47 AM
I wish they would throw in Ted Ginn Jr. as well, we can use his speed on special teams and as a WR.