PDA

View Full Version : Time to face reality:ESPN POLL: QB from 2004 draft class you want to lead your team?

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Which QB from the 2004 draft class would you want leading your team?

:rofl:

extralife
04-14-2010, 02:27 AM
Blech, it's Rivers.

OBF1
04-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Big Ben 2 superbowls, end thread.

Bronco Rob
04-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Every QB sans JP is not a bad choice.

Manning when healthy is a safe choice.

Schaub has all the physical tools.

Roethlisberger unlike Rivers can deliver in a big game.

Phillis Rivers has been surrounded by a veritable wealth of talent. Never had to lead or carry a team, not mention post season failures.

JP sorry "no dice".

:thumbs:

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 02:55 AM
Big Ben 2 superbowls, end thread.

such great logic.

If that's the case, you'd probably have Brad Johnson leading your team over Philip Rivers too.

Hilarious!

Bronco Rob
04-14-2010, 03:27 AM
such great logic.

If that's the case, you'd probably have Brad Johnson leading your team over Philip Rivers too.

Hilarious!

Rivers? Are you kidding? He has had every opportunity to win a big game (not to mention playing with a league MVP) and couldn't get it done. What is the fascination with this second tier talent?

???

PS: Drew Brees > Phillis Rivera

robbieopperude
04-14-2010, 03:42 AM
I took Eli because big Ben now looks like an Alcoholic.

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 04:03 AM
Rivers? Are you kidding? He has had every opportunity to win a big game (not to mention playing with a league MVP) and couldn't get it done. What is the fascination with this second tier talent?

???

PS: Drew Brees > Phillis Rivera

lmao @ second tier talent... so Dan Marino is "2nd tier talent"?

The question was - which would you want leading your team, not which QB do you want playing in a specific game.

The whole Chargers team choked in those games, not just Rivers. With that being said - in 2008 Rivers was 21/35, 308 yards, 3 TDs and 1 Int with a 105 QB rating against the Steelers, and they still lost.

Rivers is the only QB on that list that led their team to the playoffs, not a team cored on the defense and run game.

Idiots. I'd love to know what Drew Brees has to do with this topic?

Bronco Rob
04-14-2010, 04:12 AM
lmao @ second tier talent... so Dan Marino is "2nd tier talent"?

The question was - which would you want leading your team, not which QB do you want playing in a specific game.

The whole Chargers team choked in those games, not just Rivers. With that being said - in 2008 Rivers was 21/35, 308 yards, 3 TDs and 1 Int with a 105 QB rating against the Steelers, and they still lost.

Rivers is the only QB on that list that led their team to the playoffs, not the defense, not the defense and run game.

Idiots. I'd love to know what Drew Brees has to do with this topic?

Did you just compare rivers to Marino?!? Are you attempting to lose any credibility your argument might have had? Get back to me when you find a QB that has had two sure fire first ballot Hall of Famers (LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates) and failed most epically like your idol rivers.

Do you even watch the NFL?

Lemme guess...you are going to play the Dan Fouts card next..

Do your self a favor and cut yer losses.

WolfpackGuy
04-14-2010, 04:22 AM
Have to go with Ben.

Eventhough he's a complete douche off the field, he still gets it done on the field.

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 04:27 AM
Did you just compare rivers to Marino?!? Are you attempting to lose any credibility your argument might have had? Get back to me when you find a QB that has had two sure fire first ballot Hall of Famers (LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates) and failed most epically like your idol rivers.

Do you even watch the NFL?

Lemme guess...you are going to play the Dan Fouts card next..

Do your self a favor and cut yer losses.

Did I compare Rivers to Marino? Really? Please show me where I put those two in the same sentence. Obviously you're making up reality since you're getting so far behind in BS.

I guess Barry Sanders must be a 2nd tier talent too with your horrendous logic.

Rivers has been peaking up in his past 2 years. Anything he's done prior to that, he obviously wasn't in his prime.

LT? You realize LT didn't play in the game in 2008 against the Steelers, right?

Obviously not, LOL

Learn some comprehension while you're able to absorb information, because obviously, you're not that knowledgeable, fuccin idiot.Hilarious!

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 04:29 AM
Ben is probably one of the most overrated QBs. He's running around in the backfield half the time.

lol @ his 80 QB rating in 2008 when they won the Super Bowl...

Big Ben gets it done... LMAO

Bronco Rob
04-14-2010, 04:36 AM
Did I compare Rivers to Marino? Really? Please show me where I put those two in the same sentence. Obviously you're making up reality since you're getting so far behind in BS.

I guess Barry Sanders must be a 2nd tier talent too with your horrendous logic.

Rivers has been peaking up in his past 2 years. Anything he's done prior to that, he obviously wasn't in his prime.

LT? You realize LT didn't play in the game in 2008 against the Steelers, right?

Obviously not, LOL

Learn some comprehension while you're able to absorb information, because obviously, you're not that knowledgeable, fuccin idiot.Hilarious!

Barry sanders? Nice deflection...

Rivers has been "peaking up" has he. Well I guess Manning & Roethlisberger must have peaked then cause they actually won a big game. Face it, your little poll answers itself. Rivers itsn't even the best QB of the '04 class and has had better talent (by a mile) on the offensive side of the ball.

Feel free to go back to worshipping at the altar of failure.

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 04:40 AM
Barry sanders? Nice deflection...

Rivers has been "peaking up" has he. Well I guess Manning & Roethlisberger must have peaked then cause they actually won a big game. Face it, your little poll answers itself. Rivers itsn't even the best QB of the '04 class and has had better talent (by a mile) on the offensive side of the ball.

Feel free to go back to worshipping at the altar of failure.

I'm just using YOUR logic.

lol I guess Brad Johnson is better and Trent Dilfer is better since they've won the big game.

lmao keep failing man, lol @ using 2nd grade logic instead of actually discussing the QBs.

you're obviously don't have the level of football knowledge that's near what I look for in football discussion...keep failing LMAO!!!

lol @ you saying LT :spit:

Bronco Rob
04-14-2010, 04:50 AM
I'm just using YOUR logic.

lol I guess Brad Johnson is better and Trent Dilfer is better since they've won the big game.

lmao keep failing man, lol @ using 2nd grade logic instead of actually discussing the QBs.

you're obviously don't have the level of football knowledge that's near what I look for in football discussion...keep failing LMAO!!!

lol @ you saying LT :spit:

I'm assuming this is the desired response to your thread, because the only correct answer is rivers..right?

BTW: Incredible use of pretzel logic bringing Dilfer & Johnson into the discussion. I find it curious that you don't use Manning & Roethlisberger in your little analogy.

Oh well. You asked the question. Now deal with the answer.

Bronco Rob
04-14-2010, 05:04 AM
Ben is probably one of the most overrated QBs. He's running around in the backfield half the time.

lol @ his 80 QB rating in 2008 when they won the Super Bowl...

Big Ben gets it done... LMAO

SI Players NFL Poll: Most Overrated Quarterback?

Who is the most overrated quarterback in the NFL?

Philip Rivers, Chargers 13%
Tony Romo, Cowboys 10%
Eli Manning, Giants 10%
Vince Young, Titans 8%
Ben Roethlisberger, Steelers 7%

[Based on a survey of 320 NFL players]

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 05:07 AM

Tony Romo, Cowboys 10%
Eli Manning, Giants 10%
Vince Young, Titans 8%

When was this survey?

oh - and since when did "player" surveys become a concrete source?

How are you over rated when you have a season with 105 QB rating and 104 QB rating with no running game?

Bronco Rob
04-14-2010, 05:12 AM
When was this survey?

oh - and since when did "player" surveys become a concrete source?

How are you over rated when you have a season with 105 QB rating and 104 QB rating with no running game?

Yet another valid and salient observation by the rivers fanboy. What do the people that actually play the game know about it. I couldn't agree more that the quarterback rating system is the only and best way to judge a QB.

heh..

The MVPlaya
04-14-2010, 05:18 AM
How about you include the whole picture?

Tony Romo, Cowboys 10%
Eli Manning, Giants 10%
Vince Young, Titans 8%

FAST FACTS: Among offensive players who voted, Romo was most overrated (11.7%).... Eli's brother [B]Peyton was 10th on the list (2.7%).... With Young on the sidelines since Week 2 the Titans had won four straight behind Kerry Collins.... Romo has been picked off in eight straight games, the league's longest streak.... After scoring 10 points in a loss to Miami, Rivers and the Chargers are just 23.

This is an NFL poll from the October 13, 2008 issue of Sports Illustrated.

What's your take on this poll?

Hilarious!LOL

like I said, this is one of the reasons why idiots like you are not worthy of any sort of discussion. You're obviously looking for information to fit your agenda.

You took a poll that was given after the Chargers started off 2-3? And in that poll they said PEYTON MANNING was the 10th most overrated player?

Why are you using PLAYER votings anyways? OBVIOUSLY, players are going to have more bias than ANYONE else you'd possibly survey.

LOL

You're intelligence level CAN'T be that high AT All...man you are a fuccing DUMBASS.

You should go use Peter King as a source... LMFAO FUCCIN IDIOT... STAY LOSING.

Like I said 2008 was the first year that Rivers began to really play great.. and you take a poll at the beginning of the year...

Hilarious! what a fuccin DUMBASS

kappys
04-14-2010, 06:48 AM

Tony Romo, Cowboys 10%
Eli Manning, Giants 10%
Vince Young, Titans 8%

Since Rivers is way better than Ben its not surprising a number of players think he's overrated. There are some who consider him a top 5 QB just behin Manning/Brees/Brady - and that is probably debatable but he is certainly better than Ben.

Baba Booey
04-14-2010, 06:49 AM
The dude with the ring and without the priors, Elijah.

BroncoMan4ever
04-14-2010, 09:42 AM
Rivers is a giant asshole and major dick-wad, but he is also the undisputed best of the bunch