04-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Poll coming.

theAPAOps5
04-13-2010, 08:28 PM
Yep

Then trade down..... ;)

Archer81
04-13-2010, 08:29 PM
No. Unless the number 1 was used to trade down...thats an expensive pick.

:Broncos:

baja
no!

ColoradoDarin
We'd have to throw in our 5th round pick too.

RonDaChamp24
If I was the GM of this team, I'd have given Brandon a long term contract immediately following the game against Dallas last season. He's earned it with his play on the field. He showed in that 1 play just how dominant of a player he really is. So no, I wouldn't trade Marshall and Orton for the #1 pick because the only players I'd want are Suh/McCoy and I don't think either fit a 3-4 very well.

AlphaOmega
04-13-2010, 08:30 PM
Rams would not go for that!

Mogulseeker
04-13-2010, 08:35 PM
The values of #1 picks just isn't worth it anymore with all these ridiculous contracts #1s are getting these days.

ZONA
04-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Ah, I would probably do it, and I would take Bradford. He's put on some good muscle and a few people have said it's the best Pro Day they've seen since Troy Aikman.

Now we have our lagit Franchise QB and can start over.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/03/29/sports/football/29bradford_fifthdownblog/29bradford_fifthdownblog-blogSpan.jpg

Caligula
04-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Pffttt... .the Rams would be majorly ripped off on that deal. They would probably just ask us to keep Orton.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Would I trade Orton and Marshall to the Rams for the #1 pick? Only if I gotta have Bradford.

ZONA
04-13-2010, 08:37 PM
Pffttt... .the Rams would be majorly ripped off on that deal. They would probably just ask us to keep Orton.

Hilarious!

Mr.Meanie
04-13-2010, 08:38 PM
No. Dumb thread.

gtown
04-13-2010, 08:38 PM
I would do this in a heartbeat. I potential franchise QB with Manning like accuracy? And all we have to give up is Orton and Marshall? Where do I sign up?

Steve Sewell
04-13-2010, 08:40 PM
If it got us Suh, maybe. But I don't ever see this organization trading up for a #1, especially for a guy like Sam Bradford.

ZONA
I would do this in a heartbeat. I potential franchise QB with Manning like accuracy? And all we have to give up is Orton and Marshall? Where do I sign up?

That's what I'm thinking. Unlike our last Franchise QB (lol), this one likes to throw to his own players. The Rams need a hell of alot more then a QB. Orton is still young and Marshall is also, both entering their prime NFL years.

gunns
Not very realistic, but in a dream world I'd do it in a flash. A player like Suh doesn't come along very often and most people don't doubt he can play the 3-4 also.

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2010, 08:43 PM
I'd do the trade in a heartbeat. The Broncos have the #1 and the #11 pick and Quinn? Why they hell not?

Doggcow
04-13-2010, 08:44 PM
That would be a retarded trade for the Rams

baja
04-13-2010, 08:48 PM
If this were to happen without a really good trade down I would officially write a letter of apology to So. Cal. & Blue and become a energetic McD hater.

Dedhed
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM
If I was the GM of this team, I'd have given Brandon a long term contract immediately following the game against Dallas last season. He's earned it with his play on the field. He showed in that 1 play just how dominant of a player he really is. So no, I wouldn't trade Marshall and Orton for the #1 pick because the only players I'd want are Suh/McCoy and I don't think either fit a 3-4 very well.

With an idea mind like that, I can't believe you haven't been offered a position as an NFL GM already.

Bigdawg26
04-13-2010, 08:56 PM
I would give up Orton for a large bag of Doritos!

Dedhed
04-13-2010, 09:00 PM
It's scary enough turning one proven commodity into an unknown, although worth it in the case of getting rid of Marshall.

But turning two proven players into one unproven player would just be stupid.

ZONA
04-13-2010, 09:01 PM
I would give up Orton for a large bag of Doritos!

Well I can give you the large bag of Doritos but the Broncos got to be willing to give up Orton, lol.

ZONA
04-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I'm curious. Are there any super accurate bad QB's in the NFL? I mean, really? That's the one thing a QB can do well to overcome other parts of his game that might not be as strong. Bradfords going to be the real deal in this league. If there was one area I would have my QB the strongest in, it would be his accuracy.

Hamrob
04-13-2010, 09:05 PM
It's scary enough turning one proven commodity into an unknown, although worth it in the case of getting rid of Marshall.

But turning two proven players into one unproven player would just be stupid.Oh yeah...Orton sure is a proven player? Proven what?

Dedhed
04-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Oh yeah...Orton sure is a proven player? Proven what?

Is this really where you need to take the thread to make yourself feel better?

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2010, 09:22 PM

Well, he's proven he can get your panties in a ruffle.

HAT
04-13-2010, 09:26 PM

W-I-N-N-E-R! :notworthy

misturanderson
04-13-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm curious. Are there any super accurate bad QB's in the NFL? I mean, really? That's the one thing a QB can do well to overcome other parts of his game that might not be as strong. Bradfords going to be the real deal in this league. If there was one area I would have my QB the strongest in, it would be his accuracy.

The major question with him is: can he take an NFL beating without getting hurt constantly? And that's a BIG question. It might be worth the risk, but it's also not my $50 million dollars being spent on a guy that has proven nothing in the NFL.

Mogulseeker
04-13-2010, 09:40 PM
The hate on this forum....

Orton is an above-average to good QB.

Mogulseeker
04-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Ah, I would probably do it, and I would take Bradford. He's put on some good muscle and a few people have said it's the best Pro Day they've seen since Troy Aikman.

Now we have our lagit Franchise QB and can start over.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2010/03/29/sports/football/29bradford_fifthdownblog/29bradford_fifthdownblog-blogSpan.jpg

He looks really skinny for a QB.

Dagmar
04-13-2010, 09:43 PM
Why is ZONA getting so excited about a trade that is NEVER going to happen?

NFLBRONCO
Rams better hope Bradford can take a beating. I can understand drafting a QB but, if I was 1 or the 5 Ram fans I'd be concerned about him being able to stay healthy.

s0phr0syne

You've been seeing too much coverage of Roethlisberger with his sexual allegations recently.

Caligula
04-13-2010, 09:44 PM

Uhmm.. no. He's the epitome of average and boring. He's the definition of 'traveling' QB, and back-up.

Caligula
04-13-2010, 09:44 PM

maybe if you are comparing him to Jamarcus Russell

Caligula
04-13-2010, 09:45 PM
The major question with him is: can he take an NFL beating without getting hurt constantly? And that's a BIG question. It might be worth the risk, but it's also not my $50 million dollars being spent on a guy that has proven nothing in the NFL.

No one in the NFL has proven anything... and if you have th #1 pick, taking a QB makes the most sense if you are going to spend that kind of money anyway.

HAT
04-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Uhmm.. no. He's the epitome of average and boring. He's the definition of 'traveling' QB, and back-up.

Orton is a stone cold winner. :thumbs:

Caligula
04-13-2010, 09:46 PM
W-I-N-N-E-R! :notworthy

Proven that his winning percentage continues to go down. Proven that he can win when the defense holds the opposing team to ZERO points in the second half. Pretty easy to win when the defense shuts out the other team. Other than that, notsomuch

Dagmar
04-13-2010, 09:51 PM
Proven that his winning percentage continues to go down. Proven that he can win when the defense holds the opposing team to ZERO points in the second half. Pretty easy to win when the defense shuts out the other team. Other than that, notsomuch

Show the proof.

Mogulseeker
04-13-2010, 09:58 PM
maybe if you are comparing him to Jamarcus Russell

His forearm isn't any bigger than mine, and I'm like 170.

Edit - I guess it looks like he's 236. His arms just look scrawny in that pic.

Caligula
04-13-2010, 10:00 PM
Show the proof.

Show the proof of what? His winning percentage going down? Look at his win-loss record, per season.. and its pretty obvious as the number goes DOWN.

If you are looking for proof about how he won when our defense shut-out the other team in the second half, compared to the post 6-0 start? ok.. we went 2-8 after we stopped shutting the other team out in the second half. That proof enough?

Caligula
04-13-2010, 10:00 PM
His forearm isn't any bigger than mine, and I'm like 170.

yeah.. k..... whatever. Obviously you are being realistic and real :thumbs:

DenverBrit
04-13-2010, 10:03 PM

His accuracy, intelligence and ability to read defenses make him a special player.
He's bulked up, has ideal NFL size and looks ready to go.

I agree, he's going to be special, and I think we'll see it early.

montrose
04-13-2010, 10:06 PM
I want no part of the money needed to pay the #1 pick.

UboBronco
04-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I'd do the trade in a heartbeat. The Broncos have the #1 and the #11 pick and Quinn? Why they hell not?

I agree with this, lets take a chance, get the next Reggie White, which I feel Suh is.... Get Bryant, yes, a possible headcase, yet replaces a similar product, but hopefully more grounded, give Quinn a chance... If not, next year hope we can address the QB.... But this would help both sides of the ball.. Though I would not use Bryant as a return man, he did do that in college so we still need that. Royal is good, just not great.....

I could even do this if they thought Bradford was the answer, which I think he is, yet, not sure the Broncos think that way.

Mogulseeker
04-13-2010, 10:14 PM
I want no part of the money needed to pay the #1 pick.

Pat Bowlen?

So nice to meet you... I have so many questions.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2010, 10:48 PM

That is true but no way are we not walking away from this trade scenario this huge winners.

Broncojef
04-13-2010, 11:50 PM
Would do this deal in a heartbeat. Bradford as the long term QB, Quinn as a back-up, Marshall leaving is inevitable anyway and still hold the #11 pick to address other needs.

broncocalijohn
04-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Not very realistic, but in a dream world I'd do it in a flash. A player like Suh doesn't come along very often and most people don't doubt he can play the 3-4 also.

The problem with this is we are giving away a #1 receiver and our #1 QB which are pretty important positions to succeed. I like Suh but it cripples one side to dominate another. Unless you have high regard for Quinn, I wouldnt make this move.

theAPAOps5
04-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Pat Bowlen?

So nice to meet you... I have so many questions.

Eh thats such a week reply it shows such a lack of NFL insight.

Let me explain it to you. The biggest flaw for the NFL is the lack of a rookie cap. Teams really are getting killed by the inflated contracts that top 10 picks are getting. Especially when so many of them end up to be busts.

Now throw into the mix that this will be an uncapped year followed by a lockout. A lockout that very well could go on for a long time. No team other than a few, including the Rams, who are desperate for ticket sales and crowds will pay what the #1 pick will get.

So drop the lame slam on Pat Bowlen because in reality many owners don't want to touche that pick with a 300ft pole.

strafen
04-14-2010, 12:20 AM
pffttt... .the rams would be majorly ripped off on that deal. They would probably just ask us to keep orton.That's funny! ROFL!

strafen
04-14-2010, 12:23 AM
I would give up Orton for a large bag of Doritos!A ham and cheese sandwich supersized and a diet coke! ;D