PDA

View Full Version : peter king predicts top 35 pick for marshall

tsiguy96
04-13-2010, 04:16 PM
its a bidding war and i bet the best one wins...

GM with WR need (but not interested in Marshall) just told me he now feels Den will get top-35 pick for him in trade. Higher that I thought.

Hercules Rockefeller
04-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Rams at #33 or Bucs at #35 then

BroncoInferno
04-13-2010, 04:19 PM

Rams at #33 would be a great position to be in. Would have all night to field offers from teams looking to move up.

mhgaffney
04-13-2010, 04:25 PM
33 would be like wow.

Dagmar
04-13-2010, 04:32 PM

That would be good. Neither of those teams are going to be contenders this year. Rams please!

God move for the Rams too, Bradford Marshall and Jackson is pretty good...

Harvitz81
04-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Rams at #33 would be a great position to be in. Would have all night to field offers from teams looking to move up.

This. The 33rd pick is worth so much more as teams will go over their boards after rd 1 and you can bet that someone will be willing to pay a kings ransom for this pick to get that player that dropped out of the first round.

Might be able to trade down about 10 picks and pick up an additional 3rd or a 2nd from next year.

Popps
04-13-2010, 04:33 PM
33 would be nice. Great value, low paycheck.

Chris
04-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Who do you think we would draft at 33? As far as top OL prospects go I'm guessing Pouncey and Iupati are gone by then.

Mogulseeker
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
**** that. Keep him in Denver. This is not going to be pretty.

DenverBrit
04-13-2010, 04:47 PM
Does SF have two firsts??

Mr.Meanie
04-13-2010, 04:51 PM

Yes.

BMarsh, Crabtree and Vernon Davis would be really, really fun to watch. I imagine the 49ers are thinking so too. I can easily see them trading us #17.

HAT
04-13-2010, 04:53 PM
That would be good. Neither of those teams are going to be contenders this year. Rams please!

God move for the Rams too, Bradford Marshall and Jackson is pretty good...

Bucs @ 35 more likely IMO. They have two seconds. I still think there's an outside shot that The Rams go Suh with #1 with the idea of taking McCoy @ #33.

As mentioned....33 would be a great pick to own though with the new format this year.

Baba Booey
04-13-2010, 04:57 PM

Would they want two headcases at WR though?

Marshall would probably b**** about not being able to get #15 from Crabtree.

That said, I'd love to trade him to SF for a first if they'll bite.

SoDak Bronco
04-13-2010, 05:02 PM
this is great news...hopefully we can get the seahawks to give up #14 or else they won't be sniffing marshall.

DenverBrit
04-13-2010, 05:04 PM
With the tender signed, it makes sense to look at those teams holding two firsts as possible trade partners.

Seattle might still provide laughs by trading back the first they got from Denver last year.

Traveler
04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
While the jury is still out on the Alphonso Smith trade, Xanders/ JMFMcD have done a pretty nice job of getting value for the trades they have made.

If BM is traded, let see if the trend continues.

Broncoman13
04-13-2010, 07:18 PM
I wonder if the Rams would be interested in giving up Carriker and a pick?

Caligula
04-13-2010, 07:20 PM

why? When they can get him for a pick?

Broncoman13
04-13-2010, 07:32 PM
B/c a team could come in and offer a low first and get ahead of them... they may want to sweeten the pot, and honestly... I'd prefer the #33 and a player to a low first.

Possibilities at #33...
Pouncey, Tate, Odrick, Benn, Iupati, Lee, Weatherspoon, Saffold, Mays, Dunlap, Dan Williams, and then a handful of CBs. Yes, I know that a lot of these guys are projected as first round picks, but there is a very good chance that a few or even several of them slip out of the first round.

If you were able to get a starting LDT/DE to go along with that pick it would go a long way toward freeing you up at #11, 33, and 45.

You could pretty much go BPA at #11, C/OG at 33, and BPA again at 45 (I hope it's Sean Lee).

DBroncos4life
04-13-2010, 07:33 PM

I hope so.

Caligula
04-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Let me clarify. Why would the Rams offer up the best pick in the 2nd round, AND a player when they don't need to?

gyldenlove
04-13-2010, 07:45 PM
While the jury is still out on the Alphonso Smith trade, Xanders/ JMFMcD have done a pretty nice job of getting value for the trades they have made.

If BM is traded, let see if the trend continues.

Not really.

The Smith trade was bad, the Quinn trade was bad, the Lekevin trade was bad, the Hochstein trade didn't yield much, the Brandstater trade isn't looking amazing right now.

Aside from the Cutler trade and potentially the Brady Quinn trade I would say that duo is batting pretty poorly when it comes to getting value.

gtown
04-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Let me clarify. Why would the Rams offer up the best pick in the 2nd round, AND a player when they don't need to?

Maybe the Rams don't want to gamble with any of the WRs in the draft when they can simply trade a second and a player for a proven Pro Bowl WR. What better to go with a shiny new franchise QB then a proven guy who won't have a steep learning curve.

Broncoman13
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM

Why don't they need to?

Bigdawg26
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
Man I hope we do instead of that 60th pick. Under 35th pick would be pretty sweet to get a guy like Pouncey, Benn (who I would love to get), or another G/C

tsiguy96
04-13-2010, 07:57 PM
Not really.

The Smith trade was bad, the Quinn trade was bad, the Lekevin trade was bad, the Hochstein trade didn't yield much, the Brandstater trade isn't looking amazing right now.

Aside from the Cutler trade and potentially the Brady Quinn trade I would say that duo is batting pretty poorly when it comes to getting value.

you are pretty ridiculous, not gonna lie. if we took quinn and bruton with the 2 3rds we gave up for them instead of trading to get them, no one would cry near as much.

brandstater is a developmental QB, what else do you want from a 6th round rookie? lekevin and hochstein trades cost almost literally nothing.

s0phr0syne
04-13-2010, 08:08 PM
Lekevin and Hochstein cost a 5th rounder from this year that could have been used to get Santonio Holmes, apparently.

Now before you freak out, I'm not saying that the 5th would have been used to go get Holmes; I'm just saying that a 5th rounder clearly has more value than one mediocre backup guard and an on the street FA DE.

Requiem
04-13-2010, 08:12 PM
This is no consolation to the people that will flip their teeyats if Marshall gets sent for #33 or #35, but those options will have quality players on board. Marshall was done playing in Denver and he will be sent accordingly. Would be better than any compensatory selection we'd get for him by letting him walk. Hope it works out better than that, but we will see.

Hamrob
04-13-2010, 08:17 PM
It will be a 1st round pick or it will be a 2nd and a player or a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th.

McD will not be able to just give him away...Bowlen won't allow it. He allowed McD to deal Cutler away...only after the relationship was broken beyond repair and only when we received a king's ransom in return. He won't let McD give Marshall away for a pair of twinkies. That's just not good business and Bowlen won't have it.

tsiguy96
04-13-2010, 08:32 PM
Lekevin and Hochstein cost a 5th rounder from this year that could have been used to get Santonio Holmes, apparently.

Now before you freak out, I'm not saying that the 5th would have been used to go get Holmes; I'm just saying that a 5th rounder clearly has more value than one mediocre backup guard and an on the street FA DE.

not really, no, as many 5th rounders dont even make it to backup level, much less rotational guys (albeit who dont see many snaps)

NFLBRONCO
04-13-2010, 08:34 PM
Fans are mad now wait til McD's takes less so Brandon can go where he wants.

Caligula
04-13-2010, 08:48 PM
not really, no, as many 5th rounders dont even make it to backup level, much less rotational guys (albeit who dont see many snaps)

As many 5th rounders make it as 1st-4th rounders do. Tons of players in teh 5th round make NFL rosters.

tsiguy96
04-13-2010, 08:51 PM
As many 5th rounders make it as 1st-4th rounders do. Tons of players in teh 5th round make NFL rosters.

thats wonderful....tons of them dont as well, we got 2 guys who can contribute in this system for the 5th.

Drek
04-13-2010, 08:54 PM

Its almost a guarantee that Hochstein started more games in 2009 than Santonio Holmes will in 2010.

Also, the Broncos traded a future 5th for two players, the Jets traded a current year 5th. Entirely different value there.

And the only reason the Steelers did that deal is because Holmes is just about the stupidest stoner the NFL has seen in a while. It had nothing to do with his talent level and getting fair value. They where considering outright release.

Paladin
04-13-2010, 08:56 PM
It will be a 1st round pick or it will be a 2nd and a player or a 2nd and a 3rd or 4th.

McD will not be able to just give him away...Bowlen won't allow it. He allowed McD to deal Cutler away...only after the relationship was broken beyond repair and only when we received a king's ransom in return. He won't let McD give Marshall away for a pair of twinkies. That's just not good business and Bowlen won't have it.

Wow!

Where did you have dinner with Pat?

In short. how the h3ll do you know?

bigbucks24
04-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Well, another writer said he talked to a handful of GM's and then stated their opinion. he was called a hack and an idiot. This person talked to one GM and his info is gold? Does he have that much more credibility or is the news closer to what you want to hear?

tsiguy96
04-13-2010, 09:50 PM
also gotta look at timeline. clayton said talks are heating up, someone else said there are several interested teams who havent been named.