PDA

View Full Version : Rolondo McClain DOES NOT HAVE CROHN'S DISEASE

Doggcow
04-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Tests being sent to teams.

I just watched this on NFL network. His mother has it, HE DOES NOT.

He just flew up my board!

Killericon
04-13-2010, 04:44 PM

Boy, that makes 11-year old me giggle.

PRBronco
04-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Well congratulations Mr. McClain, good to hear. I know too many people suffering from that.

But what's he been receiving treatment for? Hopefully not something equally sinister.

Doggcow
04-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Boy, that makes 11-year old me giggle.

Huh?

BigPlayShay
04-13-2010, 04:48 PM
Well congratulations Mr. McClain, good to hear. I know too many people suffering from that.

But what's he been receiving treatment for? Hopefully not something equally sinister.

In layman's terms, "the squirts".

gyldenlove
04-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Colitis I bet.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Good for him bad for my mock draft contest. ;) Looks like I need to change him around.

Borks147
04-13-2010, 04:52 PM
heelllooooooo 11th pick in the draft. it makes too much sense now

Garcia Bronco
04-13-2010, 04:53 PM
I call BS

Doggcow
04-13-2010, 04:56 PM
I call BS

BS on a ****ty reporting job?

Forgot, Josina is a bastion of credibility.

Cool Breeze
04-13-2010, 04:57 PM
some interesting info/ rumors:

Wayne Larrivee's Blog (http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/PRN/WayneLarrivee.html)
Wayne Larrivee is the voice of the Green Bay Packers' Radio Network. Wayne's blog is where you can find his thoughts on the Pack and the rest of NFL all season long.

<!-- end div class="bWrap" -->Draft Whispers

By Wayne Larrivee (wlarrivee@journalbroadcastgroup.com)
April 13, 2010 11:00 a.m. |(0) Comments (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/#comments)
As I prepare for the upcoming NFL draft and our draft show on WTMJ Thursday night April 22nd at Curly's Pub in Lambeau Field (hope to see you there) it is always interesting to note that when you talk with NFL scouts who are actually working in the league (not former scouts working in the media) you get a different view of the draft in general and certain players. My initial impression "this is a very deep draft" with more quality into the 2nd,3rd and 4th rounds than we see in most years is not the case. While this is not a weak draft, it is a fairly typical draft from the standpoint of depth. Where it is atypical is in terms of big time QBs, WRs and RBs at the top of the draft. The talent level at these high profile positions is not as great or deep as we have seen in recent years.
My impression from my visits with coaches and scouts in the last two weeks is this: if you need an offensive tackle, you had better get him early. The best player in this draft is a safety! Not much at wide receiver and the top two tight ends did not play last year! It appears there are 8 sure fire picks everyone agrees will be players. There is a second tier 8-19 where you will get very good players then another group 20 to 40 something where the value is the same--good prospects--the 40th pick will have the same ability level as the 25th pick. This is where the trade possibilities come into play. Some will try to move up to get the quality tackle, others will try to move down knowing they will get the same value in the forties that they could get in the twenties.
As always, some players fit better in certain systems than others and that is why there is so much disparity in the way the teams rank these prospects.
One aspect that really stood out to me is how many "character" kids there are in this draft. By character I mean players who have had "off field" trouble or a backgrounds that made their trip to the draft more difficult than most. For example, Dez Bryant the top receiver in this draft out of Oklahoma State, he was born to a teenage mother who sold drugs to get by. She was incarcerated when Dez was 8 years old. He moved from trailer to trailer, finally landing with his biological father. The young Bryant suffered from a learning disability, became combative and stubborn in his teen age years, was thrown out of his father's house, moved in with his girlfriend before finally qualifying to get into Oklahoma State. He blossomed as a sophomore 87 receptions, 1,480 yards 19 tds but last year was suspended for all but 3 games because he lied about his relationship with Deion Sanders who was under suspicion of courting Bryant as a potential client for agent Eugene Parker. Wow! That's more baggage than Tiger Woods took to Augusta last week!
One of the top linebacker prospects in this draft is Sergio Kindle out of Texas. He was abandoned by his mother as a child. Inside linebacker Rolando McClain of Alabama suffers from Crohn's Disease, an inflammatory disease of the intestines. Defensive tackle Brian Price of UCLA grew up in the crime infested Crenshaw district of Los Angeles where two of his brothers were murdered in a four year span. While linebacker Brandon Spikes of Florida saw his older brother Breyon Middlebrooks convicted of first degree murder.
It is a long shot for any football player to make it to the NFL draft due to the incredible competition level on the field--but some have faced even longer odds in life than they will ever face on the gridiron. More tidbits on the draft as we get closer in the next few days.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/PRN/90746224.html

Baba Booey
04-13-2010, 05:01 PM
Taking him at 11 becomes even more legit after this.

PRBronco
04-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Taking him at 11 becomes even more legit after this.

Lol, one of my favourite scouting reports was that he was described as "surly" during combine interviews. ****ing eh, this team needs more surliness.

Br0nc0Buster
04-13-2010, 05:09 PM
thats good
still dont want him at 11, but thats good for him

baja
04-13-2010, 05:14 PM

Well for God's sake don't draft his mother

baja
04-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Do you know how much money this news is worth.... just sayin

mhgaffney
04-13-2010, 05:45 PM
I watched his tape and it was nothing special.

I think we are better off building the front D line

Baba Booey
04-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Lol, one of my favourite scouting reports was that he was described as "surly" during combine interviews. ****ing eh, this team needs more surliness.

Absolutely. It's something we've been missing at linebacker since Wilson left - someone that scares the living piss out of the other team.

Baba Booey
04-13-2010, 05:56 PM

His instincts are what make him a special player, not necessarily his speed or size.

Garcia Bronco
04-13-2010, 06:03 PM
He was diagnosed with it. Had to cut his pro day because of it.

baja
04-13-2010, 06:04 PM
<b>His instincts are what make him a special player, not necessarily his speed or size.

He doesn't have in-stinks he has been cleared of Crohn's

ZONA
04-13-2010, 06:08 PM
Still would rather get Micah Johnson in the 3rd and save that first for Dan Williams or Joe Haden.

baja
04-13-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't get this call to draft a corner

Caligula
04-13-2010, 06:15 PM
then why did he reveal he's been treating it since his freshman year in HS???

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/9514/mcclain-reveals-he-has-crohns-disease

http://blog.al.com/press-register-sports/2010/03/draft_prospect_rolando_mcclain.html

I'd like a link that shows me he doesn't.

ColoradoBuff
04-13-2010, 06:28 PM
welcome to Denver!

atomicbloke
04-13-2010, 06:47 PM
He was diagnosed with it. Had to cut his pro day because of it.

Congratulations.

You are officially the best doctor in the world.

You should share with the rest of the world your ground-breaking technique of being able to remotely diagnose illnesses in individuals you have never met.

Br0nc0Buster
04-13-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't get this call to draft a corner

Haden>McClain

Its not so much people want us to draft a corner, its that Haden has much more potential than McClain

s0phr0syne
04-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Earvin "Magic" Johnson Jr. DOES NOT HAVE AIDS.

^lookit, spread the word on the internets.

s0phr0syne
04-13-2010, 06:51 PM
Just realized he probably really doesn't...he's just HIV+.

Baba Booey
04-13-2010, 06:58 PM
He doesn't have in-stinks he has been cleared of Crohn's

Whoaaaaaaa ho hoooo this ****in guy

:thumbs:

Dedhed
04-13-2010, 07:04 PM

I don't see it either. He simply does not impress me. Surrounded by great players on all sides, doesn't play fast, is not at all aggressive for a MLB, lacks instincts, tackles way too high, and quits on plays in pursuit.

I don't see a single great thing about him other than the fact that he played for a National Championship team. He seems like a pretty soft player to me.

ZONA
04-13-2010, 07:36 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/140064/rolandomcclain.jpghttp://kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/micah1.jpg

Micah is heavier yet more cut then McClain, and he comes at a cheaper price tag with basically the same type of production. It's just that Johnson didn't play for a National Champion. Please, let us be smart and take the one who we can get in the 3rd or maybe even the 4th round rather then wasting the 11th pick on McClain.

meangene
04-13-2010, 07:45 PM
welcome to Denver!

I hope you are right. The nasty young leader this defense needs for the future. :strong:

Archer81
04-13-2010, 07:47 PM
http://tinyurl.com/yjlax33

:Broncos:

Steve Sewell
04-13-2010, 07:48 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/140064/rolandomcclain.jpghttp://kentuckysportsradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/micah1.jpg

Micah is heavier yet more cut then McClain, and he comes at a cheaper price tag with basically the same type of production. It's just that Johnson didn't play for a National Champion. Please, let us be smart and take the one who we can get in the 3rd or maybe even the 4th round rather then wasting the 11th pick on McClain.

We got a modern day Gil Brandt up in hurr ya'll.

Also, Hillis plays for the Browns now, broski.

ZONA
04-13-2010, 07:49 PM
I hope you are right. The nasty, over-rated young leader (that we wasted a #1 pick on) this defense needs for the future. :strong:

fixed it, hahahaha

meangene
04-13-2010, 07:52 PM
fixed it, hahahaha

Yeah, from the guy who rates Micah Johnson over McClain. ROFL!

Steve Sewell
04-13-2010, 07:55 PM

How dare you question his talent evaluation skillz? Did you not see the expertly formulated and detailed prospect comparison a few posts above here?

Br0nc0Buster
04-13-2010, 07:58 PM

Im not sure if thinks Johnson is better, or if he thinks he would be a better value pick

I agree though I would rather have Johnson in the third than McClain in the first

Johnson has a skillset comparable to Jon Beason

ZONA
04-13-2010, 07:59 PM

I didn't rate him over McClain. I said Johnson in the 3rd or 4th is better then McClain at #11. HUGE difference there bud. I think they are similar players and is anybody still sure over this Chron's thing? I think there are better players to pick at #11 then a slow LB.

Dedhed
04-13-2010, 08:01 PM
Yeah, that would be like calling McClain "nasty".

ZONA
04-13-2010, 08:03 PM
We got a modern day Gil Brandt up in hurr ya'll.

Also, Hillis plays for the Browns now, broski.

Yup, when I have some time to make a new avatar I'll get right on that. Sucks though because I did spend alot of time making that Hillis Avatar, dammit.

meangene
04-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Im not sure if thinks Johnson is better, or if he thinks he would be a better value pick

I agree though I would rather have Johnson in the third than McClain in the first

Johnson has a skillset comparable to Jon Beason

I can accept an argument that someone may prefer another first round valued player over McClain but not that drafting Johnson (who is a two down linebacker) in the third or fourth is better value. Johnson would not even beat out Haggan. If McClain was the guy Saban chose to be the leader of his defense, that is good enough for me. I have not seen a single evaluator rate McClain as worse than a mid-first pick.

baja
04-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Yup, when I have some time to make a new avatar I'll get right on that. Sucks though because I did spend alot of time making that Hillis Avatar, dammit.

Good job on the avatar ZONA

meangene
04-13-2010, 08:10 PM
I didn't rate him over McClain. I said Johnson in the 3rd or 4th is better then McClain at #11. HUGE difference there bud. I think they are similar players and is anybody still sure over this Chron's thing? I think there are better players to pick at #11 then a slow LB.

I'm basing my opinion on the Chron's thing being a false report. They were pretty clear about it on NFLN. Supposedly, he was thoroughly tested because of the story and family history. He also ran in the 4.6's at his pro day vs. Johnson's 5.0 times. There is your slow LB. You did do a nice job on the avy though! :approve:

Broncoman13
04-13-2010, 08:10 PM
I'd take Penn St.'s Lee in the 2nd instead... but I do like McClain's game.

ZONA
04-13-2010, 08:12 PM
I can accept an argument that someone may prefer another first round valued player over McClain but not that drafting Johnson (who is a two down linebacker) in the third or fourth is better value. Johnson would not even beat out Haggan. If McClain was the guy Saban chose to be the leader of his defense, that is good enough for me. I have not seen a single evaluator rate McClain as worse than a mid-first pick.

Well I'm not so sure McClain could beat out Haggan either, and doh, there goes your 1st round pick, sitting on the bench. Look, if this was Patrick Willis or something we were talking about, hell yeah, use #11 on him. But we're talking about McClain, a good LB who just happened to play on an awesome defense. And don't be so sure he's a 3 down LB either. Some of the weaknesses scouts have mentioned are things that could keep on off the field on 3rd downs.

Weaknesses:
Unimpressive speed
Overpursues against run
Average sideline-sideline range
Good, but not an exceptional athlete
Could be exposed in man scheme
Doesn't have huge upside
A little uncomfortable in space

Now if McClain fell to us with our 2nd pick, then, I would have to think about taking him. But for me, no way at #11.

GreatBronco16
04-13-2010, 08:12 PM

You could make one of him sitting on the bench, you know, if you want to have an acuate avatar of him.;D

strafen
04-13-2010, 08:14 PM
At least we know he's not going to be a medical liability.
McClain could be a good fit for us.
He's got a chance to be part of a young and dynamic LB's corp with Dumervil and hopefully Ayers if he pans out...

ZONA
04-13-2010, 08:15 PM
You could make one of him sitting on the bench, you know, if you want to have an acuate avatar of him.;D

I will make a new avy before the season starts. It just hasn't come to me yet which player I am going to use. Funny thing, because about a month ago I was just going to go ahead and make a new one with Marshall. lol

meangene
04-13-2010, 08:19 PM
Well I'm not so sure McClain could beat out Haggan either, and doh, there goes your 1st round pick, sitting on the bench. Look, if this was Patrick Willis or something we were talking about, hell yeah, use #11 on him. But we're talking about McClain, a good LB who just happened to play on an awesome defense. And don't be so sure he's a 3 down LB either. Some of the weaknesses scouts have mentioned are things that could keep on off the field on 3rd downs.

Weaknesses:
Unimpressive speed
Overpursues against run
Average sideline-sideline range
Good, but not an exceptional athlete
Could be exposed in man scheme
Doesn't have huge upside
A little uncomfortable in space

Doh, anyone could turn out to be a bust. There are no sure things in the draft. As for the weaknesses you mentioned, I could find a dozen negatives on just about any player if I looked through enough draft guides. Here is what we do know about McClain - unquestioned leader of a great defense with tremendous instincts and exceptional intelligence. High character guy who is constantly working to improve and is considered a coach on the field. I'd take those characteristics as a good starting point for my first round pick.

baja
04-13-2010, 08:24 PM
Doh, anyone could turn out to be a bust. There are no sure things in the draft. As for the weaknesses you mentioned, I could find a dozen negatives on just about any player if I looked through enough draft guides. Here is what we do know about McClain - unquestioned leader of a great defense with tremendous instincts and exceptional intelligence. High character guy who is constantly working to improve and is considered a coach on the field. I'd take those characteristics as a good starting point for my first round pick.

You could be describing Gary Kubiak.

Br0nc0Buster
04-13-2010, 08:25 PM

I dont like the idea of using a high pick on an inside linebacker unless he is exceptionally talented.
Rolando McClain isnt.
In 3-4 he is just gonna bang against linemen and tight ends, its not like teams ask their SILB to shadow receivers or elite receiving tight ends.

I like Sean Lee also
So while McClain may be the better player, im not sure his added value over a guy like a Sean Lee or a Micah Johnson is worth passing up an Earl Thomas or Joe Haden.

his position is not important enough to spend a top pick on unless like I said earlier he is some sort of rare talent

Dedhed
04-13-2010, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhG6bwopKTc&feature=fvst

@2:00-Soft, maybe try running through the weak block attempt there

@2:05-Seriously, at least try to engage the blocker. backpedaling out of the play rarely helps.

@2:11- Not even sure what to comment on here. He just shows me nothing.

@2:35-Completely misread the play and then lolligags in pursuit.
@3:03-Ditto
@3:10-Ditto, and good god really!
@3:55-And again.

@4:05-Nice job finishing (sarcasm)
@4:29- "Uh, I'm completely lost here, so I'm just gonna stand here and look back and forth. Maybe the ball carrier will find me."

@4:42- Just too soft for a football player, let alone a MLB

@5:16- Lost again.

I don't see anything from this guy that shows me he has the instincts or tenacity to be a decent, forget great, inside backer.

ZONA
04-13-2010, 08:46 PM
I dont like the idea of using a high pick on an inside linebacker unless he is exceptionally talented.
Rolando McClain isnt.
In 3-4 he is just gonna bang against linemen and tight ends, its not like teams ask their SILB to shadow receivers or elite receiving tight ends.

I like Sean Lee also
So while McClain may be the better player, im not sure his added value over a guy like a Sean Lee or a Micah Johnson is worth passing up an Earl Thomas or Joe Haden.

his position is not important enough to spend a top pick on unless like I said earlier he is some sort of rare talent

Very well said. If we can't move down, he just doesn't bring enough value (position or skill or upside) that another player would at #11

Tombstone RJ
04-13-2010, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhG6bwopKTc&feature=fvst

@2:00-Soft, maybe try running through the weak block attempt there

@2:05-Seriously, at least try to engage the blocker. backpedaling out of the play rarely helps.

@2:11- Not even sure what to comment on here. He just shows me nothing.

@2:35-Completely misread the play and then lolligags in pursuit.
@3:03-Ditto
@3:10-Ditto, and good god really!
@3:55-And again.

@4:05-Nice job finishing (sarcasm)
@4:29- "Uh, I'm completely lost here, so I'm just gonna stand here and look back and forth. Maybe the ball carrier will find me."

@4:42- Just too soft for a football player, let alone a MLB

@5:16- Lost again.

I don't see anything from this guy that shows me he has the instincts or tenacity to be a decent, forget great, inside backer.

Wow, a lowlight video. The real question is, did someone spend much time putting that together or was there just a lot of material to choose from?

Doggcow
04-13-2010, 09:02 PM
Earvin "Magic" Johnson Jr. DOES NOT HAVE AIDS.

^lookit, spread the word on the internets.

You're a ****ing tool. I came here posting what was reported by multiple sources on NFLN. Much more credible than your dumb ass.

Dedhed
04-13-2010, 09:03 PM
Wow, a lowlight video. The real question is, did someone spend much time putting that together or was there just a lot of material to choose from?

That's all taken from 3 games.

meangene
04-14-2010, 04:21 AM
Rolando McClain isnt.

I like Sean Lee also

Therein lies our issue - I DO see him as a bigger talent than you do and see him as an Al Wilson type of leader. We will have to agree to disagree on that. I understand your reasoning, however. Just different opinions.

Dedhed
04-14-2010, 05:51 AM
Therein lies our issue - I DO see him as a bigger talent than you do and see him as an Al Wilson type of leader. We will have to agree to disagree on that. I understand your reasoning, however. Just different opinions.

Even watching highlight film I've yet to see him make a play where he's touched by a player on the other team. He looks terrible in traffic, and even worse if an offensive player gets a hand on him.

meangene
04-14-2010, 06:08 AM
Even watching highlight film I've yet to see him make a play where he's touched by a player on the other team. He looks terrible in traffic, and even worse if an offensive player gets a hand on him.

First team All-American and SEC Defensive Player of the Year. He must be fooling a lot of people.

Garcia Bronco
04-14-2010, 09:13 AM
Congratulations.

You are officially the best doctor in the world.

You should share with the rest of the world your ground-breaking technique of being able to remotely diagnose illnesses in individuals you have never met.

The story doesn't add up.

PRBronco
04-14-2010, 09:16 AM
First team All-American and SEC Defensive Player of the Year. He must be fooling a lot of people.

Maybe the thing to take away from this is that we should draft Terrence Cody? :wiggle:

So has there been any confirmation that he doesn't have Crohn's? I can't find it anywhere.

Rohirrim
04-14-2010, 09:19 AM
His instincts are what make him a special player, not necessarily his speed or size.

What instincts? He follows other players around. He played on a great defense which covered up for much of his indecisive play.

meangene
04-14-2010, 09:19 AM
Maybe the thing to take away from this is that we should draft Terrence Cody? :wiggle:

So has there been any confirmation that he doesn't have Crohn's? I can't find it anywhere.

It was on NFLN last night. They said that he had undergone a complete battery of tests and he absolutely does not have Chron's. The reports went to all the teams. Casserly got the info from doctors.

Garcia Bronco
04-14-2010, 09:42 AM
It was on NFLN last night. They said that he had undergone a complete battery of tests and he absolutely does not have Chron's. The reports went to all the teams. Casserly got the info from doctors.

Casserly can't just get the info from Doctors. It has to be released by the patient or the Doctor could lose their lic.

meangene
04-14-2010, 10:19 AM
Casserly can't just get the info from Doctors. It has to be released by the patient or the Doctor could lose their lic.

He said he got the info from the doctor's reports sent to the NFL teams for which, I assume, McClain signed releases.