PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to meet with Dez Bryant on Wednesday

mr007
04-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Broncos | Expected to meet with D. Bryant Wednesday
Comment (0) Tweet! Share on Facebook
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:02:18 -0700

Josina Anderson, of FOX 31 Denver, reports the Denver Broncos are expected to meet with Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant Wednesday, April 14, according to sources.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0l1AUvJux

bronco militia
04-13-2010, 03:28 PM
this was a planned visit 2 weeks ago

bowtown
04-13-2010, 03:30 PM
this was a planned visit 2 weeks ago

Yeah but Josina just found out this afternoon when she came up for air.

mr007
04-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Ahh didn't know that was the case, this is the first I've heard of it.

i4jelway7
04-13-2010, 03:33 PM
plz do not draft Dez Bryant... say HELL NO to Dez

Rohirrim
04-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Lelie: Phase Two

DenverBrit
Yeah but Josina just found out this afternoon when she came up for air.

You'd think by now she would be able to breathe through her ears.

Rohirrim
You'd think by now she would be able to breathe through her ears.

Hilarious!

DenverBrit
04-13-2010, 03:41 PM
Some video and comments about Bryant.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d8173a5f5/Bryant-works-out

RonDaChamp24
04-13-2010, 03:53 PM
If/when we lose Marshall, I hope we get Dez to replace him. Living in Oklahoma I got to see him play a lot and the dude is a stud. He's not as good as Marshall but he definitely has some skills.

SonOfLe-loLang
04-13-2010, 03:55 PM
If/when we lose Marshall, I hope we get Dez to replace him. Living in Oklahoma I got to see him play a lot and the dude is a stud. He's not as good as Marshall but he definitely has some skills.

i dont. And thats nothing against Dez. I just dont see the point of replacing a proven young stud with a question mark. Id prefer to use the picks to continue rebuilding the lines and front seven. Teams without great receivers win SB's...teams without great lines dont.

SouthStndJunkie
04-13-2010, 04:00 PM
Let's evaluate the logic in this.

We will trade a young proven pro bowl player, for probably a second round pick, because trouble seems to follow him.

We will try and replace him by using our high first round pick on another WR who trouble seems to follow.

In the best case scenario, Dez Bryant becomes the equal of B-Marsh in production.....but there is a decent chance he could be as much of a pain in the ass as B-Marsh is.

Flawed logic....I think Dez Bryant is going to be a heck of a player, but the logic in all of this is flawed.

SoDak Bronco
04-13-2010, 04:06 PM

We will trade a young proven pro bowl player, for probably a second round pick, because trouble seems to follow him.

We will try and replace him by using our high first round pick on another WR who trouble seems to follow.

In the best case scenario, Dez Bryant becomes the equal of B-Marsh in production.....but there is a decent chance he could be as much of a pain in the ass as B-Marsh is.

Flawed logic....I think Dez Bryant is going to be a heck of a player, but the logic in all of this is flawed.

i agree thats why we dont draft him...smoke screen

PRBronco
04-13-2010, 04:10 PM
The things that turned me off Dez are:
-his choice in agent/diva consultant
-seeming unprepared for his pro day (apparently it was like he'd never done a short shuttle before)
-not going all out during his pro day drills
-being seen with Pacman, at all

But I wouldn't call him trouble, and I won't cheer against him because he's been dealt such a brutal hand in life. His mom was 12 (or 13, reports are conflicting) when he was born, and the guy who fathered him was 40 ffs. The fact that he made it to college at all blows me away, especially when you consider that he has a learning disability. I read a good anonymous take on him the other day: "Dez is goofy, but he's not a criminal".

*edit* I can't find the article where I read those ages, hopefully they're right.

broncos-rock
04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
I think its all an elaborate plan by McD so that somebody that wants Dez will have to pay a kings ransom for him. I'll be laughing watching it play out!!!!:bandwagon

Bronco Boy
04-13-2010, 04:26 PM
No way McD would draft Bryant. It's all smoke and mirrors.

Cool Breeze
04-13-2010, 04:29 PM
I think its all an elaborate plan by McD so that somebody that wants Dez will have to pay a kings ransom for him. I'll be laughing watching it play out!!!!:bandwagon

Patriots / Steelers bidding war.

Bronco CB40
04-13-2010, 04:35 PM
No way McD would draft Bryant. It's all smoke and mirrors.

I agree. Golden Tate is more like it.

mizzoutigers
04-13-2010, 04:38 PM
replace one thug with another, bad idea

Caveat Lector
04-13-2010, 06:02 PM
This is funny, obviously Peter King has about as much respect for Hosina as we do -

SI_PeterKing RT @Greg_A_Bedard: JosinaAnderson tweeted sources said DBryant's visiting. Worse than "I'm reporting."...Especially since it was in MMQB.

KevinJames
04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
Im not saying we should draft Dez but if we plan to draft Dez Bryant than we better not trade Marshall before the draft, it be better to draft Dez before trading Marshall if we trade Marshall before than we kind of just project our pick to everyone and someone who wants Dez might jump in front of us.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2010, 06:27 PM

A thug? My lord how this Bryant thing is out of control.

KevinJames
04-13-2010, 07:08 PM

lol Dez Bryant has never had off the field issues with the law, hes a saint compared to Brandon Marshall and hes definitely way smarter than B Marsh.

he was a big 12 2nd team Academic All-American as a sophomore in 2008 so hes not a dumb kid. http://www.big12sports.com/pdf5/359244.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10410

ZONA
04-13-2010, 07:14 PM
lol Dez Bryant has never had off the field issues with the law, hes a saint compared to Brandon Marshall and hes definitely way smarter than B Marsh.

he was a big 12 2nd team Academic All-American as a sophomore in 2008 so hes not a dumb kid. http://www.big12sports.com/pdf5/359244.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=10410

too bad he's only about half the player Marshall is.

BlueCrusher
04-13-2010, 07:17 PM

And also a rookie is going to get a lot of guaranteed money. Honestly, I would rather give Marshal an 11th pick rookie contract.

strafen
04-13-2010, 07:17 PM

Flawed logic....I think Dez Bryant is going to be a heck of a player, but the logic in all of this is flawed.He definitely comes with some baggage...

KevinJames
04-13-2010, 07:19 PM
too bad he's only about half the player Marshall is.

I'm not gonna disagree with that but I am not gonna agree with it either just because we don't know what Dez will be in the NFL Marshall is bigger and proven. Dez is faster and unproven.

I don't wanna get rid of Marshall but if we have drafting Dez Bryant will help ease the pain

DBroncos4life
04-13-2010, 07:26 PM
I'm not gonna disagree with that but I am not gonna agree with it either just because we don't know what Dez will be in the NFL Marshall is bigger and proven. Dez is faster and unproven.

I don't wanna get rid of Marshall but if we have drafting Dez Bryant will help ease the pain

+1

People just don't understand what kind of talent Dez has. He might be a bust. This is very possible but the guy also could be a major star.

bowtown
04-13-2010, 07:30 PM
+1

People just don't understand what kind of talent Dez has. He might be a bust. This is very possible but the guy also could be a major star.

Wait, so he might very well be a bust, but he also might be a star? Really out on a limb there, huh? ;)

Popps
04-13-2010, 07:32 PM
Are we still talking about this?

We're not drafting Dez Bryant.

Delete the thread.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Wait, so he might very well be a bust, but he also might be a star? Really out on a limb there, huh? ;)

I stayed in the roots for that one! Ha!

ZONA
04-13-2010, 07:47 PM
I'm just saying, alot of folks here want to get rid of BM because of his past and that he might be a risk because he could face a suspension. They like his on the field production but fear the suspension. Well, Dez would be a risk too. He's an uknown in the NFL. Could easily be a bust. In fact, I think it's less of a risk to keep Marshall. A 1 year suspension is still better then having wasted a #1 pick on a bust.

strafen
04-13-2010, 07:50 PM
I'm just saying, alot of folks here want to get rid of BM because of his past and that he might be a risk because he could face a suspension. They like his on the field production but fear the suspension. Well, Dez would be a risk too. He's an uknown in the NFL. Could easily be a bust. In fact, I think it's less of a risk to keep Marshall. A 1 year suspension is still better then having wasted a #1 pick on a bust. Those kind of mistakes take a long time to recover

DBroncos4life
04-13-2010, 07:51 PM
I'm just saying, alot of folks here want to get rid of BM because of his past and that he might be a risk because he could face a suspension. They like his on the field production but fear the suspension. Well, Dez would be a risk too. He's an uknown in the NFL. Could easily be a bust. In fact, I think it's less of a risk to keep Marshall. A 1 year suspension is still better then having wasted a #1 pick on a bust.

Do you know of any players in the draft that won't be a bust then?

Steve Sewell
04-13-2010, 07:52 PM

Big, black, talented receiver = thug

Am I doin' it right?

Jerry Curl
04-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Must be, since Dez hasn't been in trouble with the law and only got 'busted' on some stupid NCAA rule. I would be happy with him.

meangene
04-13-2010, 07:58 PM
I'll be interested to see if Bryant shows up on time, in shape, remembers his shoes, brings Pacman for moral support or lies when we ask him about things he may have done wrong.

KevinJames
04-13-2010, 08:02 PM

We don't all wanna get rid of Marshall in a perfect world I would love to keep Marshall draft Dez and play Royal in the slot or keep Marshall and don't draft Dez either way.

reality is it looks like Marshall is going to be shipped away so bring on Dez :thumbsup:

cabronco
04-13-2010, 08:14 PM
i dont. And thats nothing against Dez. I just dont see the point of replacing a proven young stud with a question mark. Id prefer to use the picks to continue rebuilding the lines and front seven. Teams without great receivers win SB's...teams without great lines dont.

Thats right we need to continue building the Lines/ front seven. Give this man a cee-gar ! I just hope we get a trading partner we can possibly fleece for better picks. :)

strafen
04-13-2010, 08:17 PM

I don't see the point of trading Marshall for draft picks, and using it to pick up a receiver. And you're right, we have needs on both side of the line...

rmsanger
04-13-2010, 08:23 PM
This just doesn't feel right.. But I've never felt "right" with any of JD's moves. I'll just go along with the ride and post judgment 3 years down the road.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2010, 08:31 PM
I'll be interested to see if Bryant shows up on time, in shape, remembers his shoes, brings Pacman for moral support or lies when we ask him about things he may have done wrong.

Pacman was just there for his own workout. He had nothing to do with Bryant. Just more media lies to drag Bryant's stock down.

DBroncos4life
04-13-2010, 08:41 PM

And...Bryant got screwed by the media again because they didn't investigate. Here's the scoop on he and Pac-Man.

They've both been training with renowed trainer Duke Rousse, a partner of Deion Sanders' "Prime U". They've formed a commraderie since they compete against each other every day. So, Bryant's moral support comment was simply the truth. Pac Man will probably be at Bryant's Pro Day for the same reason.

Article on Rousse, his clientele, etc...

Edited with hopefully functioning link:

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2010/03/local_athletic_trainer_duke_ro.html

That's all it was about. I know you saw the quote the first time it was posted.

Caligula
04-13-2010, 08:43 PM
Honestly... of all the 'suspensions' I've seen and read about in the NCAA.... Bryant's is at the very BOTTOM of the list as far as something I consider to be serious. I think it was ridiculous that he got suspended at all, and was purely because of the minute laws of a very silly rule.

Now.. I absolutely HATE the idea of trading away a STUD like marshall, only to turn around and draft a player at his same position. I think thats the absolute dumbest thing a team can do. But I wouldnt pass on him, at all, based on his NCAA suspension.

Steve Sewell
04-13-2010, 08:44 PM
LOL has anyone ever seen Bryant's film? This kid has the measurables and skill set of a major NFL talent. It just risky to draft a receiver high because you are almost guaranteed to lose him come free agency if he is a break out player.

Bronco Boy
04-13-2010, 09:45 PM
If we do trade Marshall, I'd bet on us taking Golden Tate or Arrelious Benn. Benn in particular would be a solid pick in the 2nd.

Baba Booey
04-13-2010, 10:07 PM
At least ten teams have taken Bryant off their draft boards.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/13/more-than-10-teams-have-taken-dez-bryant-off-their-draft-boards/

Obviously a great talent, but as we've seen first-hand a headcase WR is just too much of a pain in the ass.

Bigdawg26
04-13-2010, 10:12 PM
Big, black, talented receiver = thug

Am I doin' it right?

No because Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Sidney Rice are not thugs. But let's be honest Brandon Marshall just as big of a rap sheet as his resume. On the other, Dez Bryant is a real big diva similar to Micheal Crabtree. So I really don't get why your trading away a big diva in Brandon Marshall for another diva in Dez Bryant.

Bronco Boy
04-13-2010, 11:00 PM
No because Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and Sidney Rice are not thugs. But let's be honest Brandon Marshall just as big of a rap sheet as his resume. On the other, Dez Bryant is a real big diva similar to Micheal Crabtree. So I really don't get why your trading away a big diva in Brandon Marshall for another diva in Dez Bryant.

What's your definition of a diva?

strafen
04-14-2010, 12:17 AM
Report: Bryant off Jags, Browns' draft boards
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Dez Bryant - WR - CLG - Apr. 13 - 8:55 a.m. ET

Multiple sources tell the Florida Times Union that Dez Bryant has been removed from the Jaguars' draft board due to character concerns.
A Browns source also revealed to SI's Peter King that Bryant is no longer on Cleveland's draft board. The Jaguars have a history of drafting bad seeds at wide receiver (Matt Jones, Reggie Williams), and don't want to repeat the mistake, even if Bryant is a far superior talent to both. The Jags are supposed to have more interest in high character guys like Riley Cooper (Florida), Taylor Price (Ohio), and Eric Decker (Minnesota) in the middle rounds.
Source: Florida Times Union

Still, as King points out, Bryant has a number of teams working him out, with visits scheduled with San Francisco, St. Louis and Denver.

Denver has been the popular choice for draft speculators as the team is expected to trade wide receiver Brandon Marshall sometime in the next week.

But if one thing is certain with Bryant, it's the uncertain.

strafen
04-14-2010, 12:18 AM
If we do trade Marshall, I'd bet on us taking Golden Tate or Arrelious Benn. Benn in particular would be a solid pick in the 2nd.I have to agree with you there on Golden Tate.
Not only is he a quality good receiver but has some familiarity with the system...

meangene
04-14-2010, 04:12 AM
I have to agree with you there on Golden Tate.
Not only is he a quality good receiver but has some familiarity with the system...

Would love to get Tate. He plays much bigger than his size with his leaping ability and ability to point the ball at it's highest point. Has a real ability to come down with the ball in a crowd and is a perfect fit for us with his run after catch skills.

meangene
04-14-2010, 04:15 AM
Pacman was just there for his own workout. He had nothing to do with Bryant. Just more media lies to drag Bryant's stock down.

I'm aware of this. Still think associating with a guy like him just before the draft when he is the subject of character concerns is just another example of poor judgment.