View Full Version : Broncos' Moreno working out to avoid wearing down

oubronco
04-13-2010, 02:21 PM
Broncos' Moreno working out to avoid wearing down
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post
Posted: 04/13/2010 11:56:50 AM MDT
Updated: 04/13/2010 12:06:34 PM MDT

Running back Knowshon Moreno admitted today that his body "got kind of worn down" in the later part of his rookie year.

That could help explain why Moreno has been one of the team's most consistent offseason participants as he prepares for his second NFL season.

Moreno, the team's first draft pick in 2009, led the team (and all NFL rookies) with 947 rushing yards, but he averaged less than 4.0 yards per carry in each of the team's last four games.

"I haven't missed a workout yet, so I'm just going to keep that up and just keep on working hard," Moreno said.

The Broncos' voluntary offseason conditioning program started on March 15. Moreno said he has met the team's new running backs coach Eric Studesville, but said they haven't spent much time yet talking about football schemes for 2010.

The Broncos are in the process of retooling their offensive line and moving away from the zone blocking scheme to more of a power style running game.

"As of right now, I just want to get faster, get stronger, get my wind up there, and mostly just help out the team, that's all I care about," Moreno said. "Individual goals will come if you're working hard."

Lindsay Jones: 303-954-1262 or ljones@denverpost.com

Good to hear sounds like a good kid

Dagmar
04-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Nice to see that attitude from the kid.

bowtown
04-13-2010, 03:10 PM
Me and Buck are worried that he's not pacing himself. We'd like to see him miss every 3rd workout.

Popps
04-13-2010, 03:11 PM
Love this kid. Look at the run at 2:17. Can't wait to see him run behind a (hopefully) improved line...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/92owAaBGf_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/92owAaBGf_A&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

ColoradoDarin
04-13-2010, 03:13 PM
Happens to many a rookie. They are used to 10-14 games a year, then they get to the pros and have all the TC and preseason in addition to the full 16 game schedule and just hit the wall the 2nd half of the season. Good to hear him putting in the effort in April that will hopefully pay off come December (that and some road graters on the OL)

Rohirrim
04-13-2010, 03:31 PM
I don't think I've ever heard of a rookie that didn't wear down over their first year. Knowshon is taking the right approach. You've got to take it to a whole new level.

cmhargrove
04-13-2010, 04:27 PM
Knowshon should only get better this year. If we solidify the middle of the line, he should get easily us more first downs and TD's. Go back and watch the game vs. the Colts. We would have come back and beat them if we could just make a dang third and short in the second half.

Also, I think he is tremendously underutilized as a receiver. He has great hands and could have extended drives when we were having a hard time running on third and short.

Doggcow
04-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Moreno will be a steal in fantasy this year.

gyldenlove
04-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Happens to many a rookie. They are used to 10-14 games a year, then they get to the pros and have all the TC and preseason in addition to the full 16 game schedule and just hit the wall the 2nd half of the season. Good to hear him putting in the effort in April that will hopefully pay off come December (that and some road graters on the OL)

If he had had all the TC it would have been even worse I guess.

Baba Booey
04-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Can't wait to see what he can do this year.

mhgaffney
04-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Remember he came out after his sophomore year. The kid is still growing.

He has the fire in the belly -- like TD.

Fix the O line!

montrose
04-13-2010, 06:58 PM
Can't wait to see him run behind a (hopefully) improved line...

And on two knees.

rastaman
04-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Fixing the OL with with our first two picks and perhaps via free agency may just ensure McD proves everyone wrong and Bowlen offers him a 2nd contract.

bowtown
04-13-2010, 07:10 PM
proving you wrong is not the same thing as proving everyone wrong.

ZONA
04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
Fixing the OL with with our first two picks and perhaps via free agency may just ensure McD proves everyone wrong and Bowlen offers him a 2nd contract.

Whoa there fella, one season at a time.

tsiguy96
04-13-2010, 07:11 PM
that play at 59seconds is why we should have stayed with zone blocking last year.

rastaman
04-13-2010, 07:22 PM

Yep whatever! We will see.

rastaman
04-13-2010, 07:23 PM

Exactly! This is the season McD addresses the OL to get the correct Offensive linemen to run his blocking scheme......one season at a time.

maher_tyler
04-13-2010, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=Popps;2802937]Love this kid. Look at the run at 2:17. Can't wait to see him run behind a (hopefully) improved line...

I agree..he doesn't get the props he deserves around here imo!

GoBroncos84
04-13-2010, 10:16 PM
Knowshon was my favorite college player going into the draft last year. Can't wait to see what he becomes. Fix the o-line

strafen
04-13-2010, 11:58 PM
Can't wait to see him run behind a (hopefully) improved line...

I agree..he doesn't get the props he deserves around here imo!Outside homers, there's no one person who think Moreno had a stellar year. Even Moreno recognizes that, abd that's why he's working out hard to overcome his deficiencies.
Hopefully, the PBS should be a better fit for him on top of what more year under the system.
Remember, we drafted a sophomore out of college with the 12th pick last year in Moreno.

Doggcow
04-14-2010, 12:01 AM
Moreno will have a better season than Marshall.

strafen
04-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Moreno will have a better season than Marshall.In what way?

Doggcow
04-14-2010, 12:07 AM
In what way?

Touchdowns, Yards, overall "He's a stud" mentality towards him.

strafen
04-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Touchdowns, Yards, overall "He's a stud" mentality towards him.Are you saying that assuming Marshall will be playing with another team, and therefore he now sucks as a football player?
Or
Are you saying that because Marshall will be playing with us this year and Moreno will be our best offensive weapon?

Doggcow
04-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Are you saying that assuming Marshall will be playing with another team, and therefore he now sucks as a football player?
Or
Are you saying that because Marshall will be playing with us this year and Moreno will be our best offensive weapon?

Pretty loaded responses there.

How about- Whether Marshall plays with a new team or not, Moreno will have an awesome season.

strafen
04-14-2010, 12:15 AM
Pretty loaded responses there.

How about- Whether Marshall plays with a new team or not, Moreno will have an awesome season.That sounds a lot more reasonable...