PDA

View Full Version : TeBOW to Visit Broncos

*WARHORSE*
04-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Tim Tebow seems to be gaining some momentum for the NFL draft at just the right time.

With 10 days to go until the first round kicks off on Thursday, April 22, in prime time, Tebow is generating a real buzz. The latest? How about Tebow to the Minnesota Vikings with the 30th pick of the first round?

Sports Illustrated’s Peter King reports that Vikings coach Brad Childress and personnel boss Rick Spielman put Tebow through a private workout on Saturday in Florida. The Vikings seem to have interest in Tebow and they’d have the perfect situation to bring him along if, you know who, Brett Favre returns to play. King said it would be ideal if Favre plays “one or two more years” but admitted that might be stretching it.

We’ll say this: Playing behind Favre worked awful well for Aaron Rodgers. No, he’s not around in the offseason to learn from, but that might actually help Tebow. With Favre not around, Tebow would have more opportunities to work with the first team. Of course, Favre has to return to play for all of this to happen.

Tebow makes a trip to Denver this week where the Broncos have quarterbacks they have traded for in the last year: Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Vikings-interested-in-Tebow.html

Aftermath
04-12-2010, 06:44 PM
id take him

Popps
04-12-2010, 06:44 PM
http://bennettmadison.net/yay.jpg

tsiguy96
04-12-2010, 06:46 PM
put this in the official workout thing this morning, would be interesting if we took him, but we have enough QB prospects.

orinjkrush
04-12-2010, 06:47 PM
i wish they would invite me in for a visit.

i haven't been to denver in a buncha years.

at 58, i can still ball.

sorta.

watermock
04-12-2010, 06:56 PM
Don't joke around, Beavis picks from a small litter.

Imagine using our good #2 on him after trading BM and throwing in Scheff for a 3rd.

Epic.

Dagmar
04-12-2010, 06:57 PM

Imagine using our good #2 on him after trading BM and throwing in Scheff for a 3rd.

Epic.

:spit:

CEH
04-12-2010, 06:58 PM
He'll go to Philly or Oak way before he makes it to us

Killericon
04-12-2010, 07:03 PM
I wonder how wildly the opinions on Tebow would be different if this thread were titled "TeBOW to Visit Redskins" instead.

IMO, he's just kicking the tires.

watermock
04-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Read Clausen to Skins.

Jesterhole
04-12-2010, 07:07 PM
If we got somehow got Tebow with our not-first rounder, it'd be the first thing McDouche has done that hasn't made me angry.

Killericon
04-12-2010, 07:11 PM
If we got somehow got Tebow with our not-first rounder, it'd be the first thing McDouche has done that hasn't made me angry.

The very first thing? Jamal Williams? Brian Dawkins? Correll Buckhalter? Robert Ayers? Jabar Gaffney? Jarvis Green? Hiring Mike Nolan?

Borks147
04-12-2010, 07:12 PM
well, we do need a white HB to replace Hillis :)

Broncojef
04-12-2010, 07:14 PM
The very first thing? Jamal Williams? Brian Dawkins? Correll Buckhalter? Robert Ayers? Jabar Gaffney? Jarvis Green? Hiring Mike Nolan?

Trading Cutler? LOL

watermock
04-12-2010, 07:15 PM
Cambell isn't going anywhere, jut like most RFA's in a good draft.

It sucks to be an RFA or even FA. My heart bleeds.

How many 80-100m deals this year?

Dagmar
04-12-2010, 07:16 PM

You aren't blinkered. Or biased. Or cripplingly retardad. At all.

Dagmar
04-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Cambell isn't going anywhere, jut like most RFA's in a good draft.

It sucks to be an RFA or even FA. My heart bleeds.

How many 80-100m deals this year?

Haven't you been whining that none of the 06 draft has signed their tender yet except for Kuper? How does this fit with your logic?

gyldenlove
04-12-2010, 07:18 PM
We don't need a FB that bad.

orinjkrush
04-12-2010, 07:18 PM
mcpuppy has done an above average job with FAs.

mcpuppy has done a below average job with drafts.

Dagmar
04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
mcpuppy has done an above average job with FAs.

mcpuppy has done a below average job with drafts.

He's had ONE draft.

Dedhed
04-12-2010, 07:20 PM

That sounds about right for you.

bowtown
04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Must be a sign that we are planning to trade Scheffler.

Killericon
04-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Trading Cutler? LOL

See, you're trying to lure me into a stupid argument. He said this would be the first thing McDaniels has done that hasn't pissed him off. I was asking him if all that stuff pissed him off too.

watermock
04-12-2010, 07:29 PM

Wow. You do know our OC, DC, RB coach and QB coach are gone, and Williams,Green are our free agent class.

Beavis brother is now QB coach.

Dawkins will be retired soon before we ever make the playoffs, he allready said he would retire an eagle. Buck will too.

Ayers has yet to make 5 tackles.

Chambers is better than Gaffney.

Bruton may pan out.

bowtown
04-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Wow. You do know our OC, DC, RB coach and QB coach are gone, and Williams,Green are our free agent class.

Dawkins will be retired soon before we ever make the playoffs, he allready said he would retire an eagle. Buck will too.

Bruton may pan out.

Pretty much all factualy incorrect.

orinjkrush
04-12-2010, 07:32 PM
He's had ONE draft.

yes he has. N=1. and counting.

Dagmar
04-12-2010, 07:34 PM

Bruton may pan out.

Are you following the discussion? Just another soapbox opportunity for your retarded ramblings?

The poster claimed this would be the FIRST thing the McD has EVER done that wouldn't piss him off. You are a pathetic shell of a good poster.

DenverBrit
04-12-2010, 07:44 PM

Bruton may pan out.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4068/4475076273_1745500c48_o.jpg

watermock
04-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Haven't you been whining that none of the 06 draft has signed their tender yet except for Kuper? How does this fit with your logic?

I'd say exactly as Yoda told me.

WTF? Kuper signed and BTW KupedDad is just playing "my son is fine" and I knew Kuper would sign.

The issues were Marshall, Sheff and Doom and Hillis. And Cutler.

And Hixon.

The '10 offense will suck.

Sorry.

Dagmar
04-12-2010, 07:47 PM
I'd say exactly as Yoda told me.

WTF? Kuper signed and BTW KupedDad is just playing "my son is fine" and I knew Kuper would sign.

The issues were Marshall, Sheff and Doom and Hillis. And Cutler.

And Hixon.

The '10 offense will suck.

Sorry.

Is there a firefox add on that translates retard speak?

You are calling Kuper's father a liar?

*WARHORSE*
04-12-2010, 07:47 PM
I wouldnt mind picking him up with our third or fourth.

Second rounder? Id be a little concerned.

But he did run a spread offense and we spend most of our time in the shotgun anyway, and he himself could be a running threat behind a fake to Knowshon.

His running between the tackles will translate to the NFL imo.

Hes a tough hombre, and his athleticism and explosiveness was made obvious at the combine.

Wildhorse candidate........a project for sure.

Popps
04-12-2010, 07:49 PM

Hilarious!

watermock
04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
This a very bad division.

Archer81
04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
I wouldnt mind picking him up with our third or fourth.

Second rounder? Id be a little concerned.

But he did run a spread offense and we spend most of our time in the shotgun anyway, and he himself could be a running threat behind a fake to Knowshon.

His running between the tackles will translate to the NFL imo.

Hes a tough hombre, and his athleticism and explosiveness was made obvious at the combine.

Wildhorse candidate........a project for sure.

Probably a project that pays off huge though.

:Broncos:

watermock
04-12-2010, 07:52 PM

No, just my opinion asshole.

Dagmar
04-12-2010, 07:55 PM
No, just my opinion a-hole.

That's a statement.

When do you start misspelling words to get sympathy, is it soon?

broncswin
04-12-2010, 08:01 PM

That's a statement.

When do you start misspelling words to get sympathy, is it soon?

I see what you did there...:rofl::rofl:

watermock
04-12-2010, 08:04 PM

No.

You're cleless.

Dagmar
04-12-2010, 08:06 PM
No.

You're cleless.

Right on cue!!

Archer81
04-12-2010, 08:07 PM
So...didnt Hixon get cut while Shanahan was HC?...He has not been in Denver for awhile, right? Or is reality not what I think it is?

Dagmar
04-12-2010, 08:09 PM
So...didnt Hixon get cut while Shanahan was HC?...He has not been in Denver for awhile, right? Or is reality not what I think it is?

http://juliasmola.blog.com/files/2009/11/reality.jpg

Mogulseeker
04-12-2010, 08:10 PM
Tim Tebow seems to be gaining some momentum for the NFL draft at just the right time.

With 10 days to go until the first round kicks off on Thursday, April 22, in prime time, Tebow is generating a real buzz. The latest? How about Tebow to the Minnesota Vikings with the 30th pick of the first round?

Sports Illustrated’s Peter King reports that Vikings coach Brad Childress and personnel boss Rick Spielman put Tebow through a private workout on Saturday in Florida. The Vikings seem to have interest in Tebow and they’d have the perfect situation to bring him along if, you know who, Brett Favre returns to play. King said it would be ideal if Favre plays “one or two more years” but admitted that might be stretching it.

We’ll say this: Playing behind Favre worked awful well for Aaron Rodgers. No, he’s not around in the offseason to learn from, but that might actually help Tebow. With Favre not around, Tebow would have more opportunities to work with the first team. Of course, Favre has to return to play for all of this to happen.

Tebow makes a trip to Denver this week where the Broncos have quarterbacks they have traded for in the last year: Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Vikings-interested-in-Tebow.html
No

Chris
04-12-2010, 08:22 PM
We want him to be our bruiser that will occasionally run trick plays for us.

Eldorado
04-12-2010, 08:43 PM
no

+ 10.0^100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000

misturanderson
04-12-2010, 08:50 PM
He's had ONE draft.

Not to mention that those players have had ONE year in the NFL. Not exactly the time to be making statements about their sucess as pro football players.

baja
04-12-2010, 10:24 PM
No to Tebow

Ambiguous
04-12-2010, 10:38 PM

Epic.

Then what if he used the number 3 to draft a guy for the sole purpose of killing babies. And the number 4 for a guy to eat them.

Totally, totally, TOTALLY epic.

SoCalBronco
04-12-2010, 10:54 PM
Urban Meyer and his staff did a horrible job developing Tim. His mechanics need alot of work, but one thing you can count on from him is that he'll give tireless effort and be positive every step of the way in improving his game. His accuracy needs work as well. He's definitely an intriguing possibility. There's alot of work for McDaniels and McCoy to do there, but he has a rare blend of ability for a quarterback. He can and will run over LB's and has the speed to outrun them, too. He's got the basic physical skills to succeed as a passer, too, albeit with much refining needed. He has experience in most of the major types of reads used in any pro style passing game...hi-lo concepts (smash, dig/drag etc.), horizontal stretch principles(curl/flat, slant/shoot, stick/shoot), pick principles, combination hi-lo and horizontals, and oblique stretches. He isn't a dumb kid. He just needs work from a technical point of view. I think Tim's development as a pro passer will also be aided by the fact that he won't have to devote time and study to running the various permutations of the option that he did in college. The same would be true of reps. It's also easier to become more proficient as a passer when you don't have to devote 20 plays a practice to ensuring the proper pitch relationship, etc.

Tebow is a very interesting physical talent and a great kid, too. He's probably a luxury for Denver, given that the Broncos probably need to add more young cornerback depth, at least one additional inside linebacker, another defensive lineman, another guard and another center, at least one more wide reciever and if you believe the rumors...a complementary power back (Gerhart). That said...I'd openly welcome Tim Tebow to this team. He's got alot more pure talent than anyone else on the roster at the position and has the willingness and eagerness to work.

chawknz
04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Tebow will fail as an NFL QB. Don't want him doing that here.

baja
04-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Urban Meyer and his staff did a horrible job developing Tim. His mechanics need alot of work, but one thing you can count on from him is that he'll give tireless effort and be positive every step of the way in improving his game. His accuracy needs work as well. He's definitely an intriguing possibility. There's alot of work for McDaniels and McCoy to do there, but he has a rare blend of ability for a quarterback. He can and will run over LB's and has the speed to outrun them, too. He's got the basic physical skills to succeed as a passer, too, albeit with much refining needed. He has experience in most of the major types of reads used in any pro style passing game...hi-lo concepts (smash, dig/drag etc.), horizontal stretch principles(curl/flat, slant/shoot, stick/shoot), pick principles, combination hi-lo and horizontals, and oblique stretches. He isn't a dumb kid. He just needs work from a technical point of view. I think Tim's development as a pro passer will also be aided by the fact that he won't have to devote time and study to running the various permutations of the option that he did in college. The same would be true of reps. It's also easier to become more proficient as a passer when you don't have to devote 20 plays a practice to ensuring the proper pitch relationship, etc.

Tebow is a very interesting physical talent and a great kid, too. He's probably a luxury for Denver, given that the Broncos probably need to add more young cornerback depth, at least one additional inside linebacker, another defensive lineman, another guard and another center, at least one more wide reciever and if you believe the rumors...a complementary power back (Gerhart). That said...I'd openly welcome Tim Tebow to this team. He's got alot more pure talent than anyone else on the roster at the position and has the willingness and eagerness to work.

Now I know he is a bad pick. ;D

SoCalBronco
04-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Now I know he is a bad pick. ;D

In an ideal world...Denver would somehow get their hands on Jake Locker in the 2011 draft. That's my favorite QB prospect. But there's no way the Broncos will be picking high enough to get him next year. I think he's the real deal. He's got everything. Tebow would be an interesting and talented project. If Denver had more draft picks, it might be advisable to take a flyer on him around Round 3...but I don't think he'll last that long and Denver doesn't have the extra picks to spare, unfortunately. They've got a number of pressing needs that have to be addressed up front.

Cosmo
04-12-2010, 11:13 PM
I smell smokescreen to enable a trade down.

baja
04-12-2010, 11:15 PM
In an ideal world...Denver would somehow get their hands on Jake Locker in the 2011 draft. That's my favorite QB prospect. But there's no way the Broncos will be picking high enough to get him next year. I think he's the real deal. He's got everything. Tebow would be an interesting and talented projected. If Denver had more draft picks, it might be advisable to take a flyer on him around Round 3...but I don't think he'll last that long and Denver doesn't have the extra picks to spare, unfortunately. They've got a number of pressing needs that have to be addressed up front.

Maybe we can get that 3rd round pick Shanny wasted on Clarret and take tebow. ;D

Truth is I like us at QB with McD's system.I think we are going to have two very good QBs in a couple of years and maybe three.

I do agree with your long standing position on draft picks. I wish we had 10 picks this year. What a year for NE to have 11 picks huh.

strafen
04-13-2010, 01:17 AM

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Report-Vikings-interested-in-Tebow.htmlHe'll be a good fit in Minnesota. He'll be gone late 1st round or early second...

Elway777
04-13-2010, 01:27 AM
I would be O.K. with Tebow in the second round but I also like Jevon Snead or Jarrett Brown in the 3 or 4 round.

cabronco
04-13-2010, 01:40 AM
This doesnt make sense. It doesnt pass the smell test. This is some kind of ploy. Everyone's eyes will be on Tebow entering the front doors of the facility, while player X sneaks in the back for a private work out. :yep:

strafen
04-13-2010, 01:47 AM
I would be O.K. with Tebow in the second round but I also like Jevon Snead or Jarrett Brown in the 3 or 4 round.To tell you the truth, he's probably better than anything we currently have at QB...

ZONA
04-13-2010, 01:55 AM
I'd pass on Tebow. Visit could be smoke screen.

strafen
04-13-2010, 01:58 AM
I'd pass on Tebow. Visit could be smoke screen.So you're ok with Quinn and Orton, then?
The only thing I'm really praying is that Quinn turns out to be better than he's shown.
At this point I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt of having to play in Cleveland and being in the receiving end of a total chaos situation originated by the coaches with the Anderson situation.
I thing the QB musical chair hurt his progress.
We'll see, otherwise is going to be a looong season!

watermock
04-13-2010, 02:40 AM
Good God NO.

Cody at 14. Ha!

opps, Quinn.

Trade back for Hillis?

Who knows what this dimwit will do,.

Move up and take pouncy.

Noone knows who is on the short bus.
It won't be pretty.

WolfpackGuy
04-13-2010, 05:07 AM
If they pick Tebow, Team "Coach" will not have a leg to stand on.

Bronco Rob
04-13-2010, 05:35 AM
Maybe we can get that 3rd round pick Shanny wasted on Clarret and take tebow. ;D

You mean the pick we should of used to draft Darren Sproles in the 4th round? (drafted by the Chargers 130th overall in the fourth round)

:thumbs:

TailgateNut
04-13-2010, 07:13 AM
To tell you the truth, he's probably better than anything we currently have at QB...

:rofl:

bowtown
04-13-2010, 07:18 AM
In an ideal world...Denver would somehow get their hands on Jake Locker in the 2011 draft. That's my favorite QB prospect. But there's no way the Broncos will be picking high enough to get him next year. I think he's the real deal. He's got everything. Tebow would be an interesting and talented project. If Denver had more draft picks, it might be advisable to take a flyer on him around Round 3...but I don't think he'll last that long and Denver doesn't have the extra picks to spare, unfortunately. They've got a number of pressing needs that have to be addressed up front.

Locker can be had if we trade Marshall for a 1st in next year's draft.

strafen
04-13-2010, 07:19 AM
:rofl:Sorry. You're right. I forgot we've got Kyle freakin' Orton!!! :wiggle:

baja
04-13-2010, 08:46 AM
Good God NO.

Cody at 14. Ha!

opps, Quinn.

Trade back for Hillis?

Move up and take pouncy.

It won't be pretty.

Glad to see you are wise enough to keep an open mind there Mock and not pre judge an event you have no clue how it will turn out.

oubronco
04-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Good grief McD couldn't be stupid enough to draft Teblow with all the other needs we have

bowtown
04-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Good grief McD couldn't be stupid enough to draft Teblow with all the other needs we have

It would be a major mistake. I'm just hoping they are bringing him in to try and scare Crazy Al into taking him with the 8th pick.

oubronco
04-13-2010, 08:55 AM
It would be a major mistake. I'm just hoping they are bringing him in to try and scare Crazy Al into taking him with the 8th pick.

I don't think they need to Al is stupid enough to do it anyways, he always seems to take whoever they say was the best college player

Bronco Rob
12-10-2011, 01:03 AM
fun.

FRISKY_DINGO
12-10-2011, 01:15 AM
fun.

Some people were WAY off on this threadROFL!

Archer81
12-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Probably a project that pays off huge though.

I am a genius.

BroncsCheer
12-10-2011, 09:33 AM
this thread shows, definitively, that haters gonna hate

theAPAOps5
12-10-2011, 09:39 AM
this thread shows, definitively, that haters gonna hate

Valuable insight, thanks for contributing.

that's sarcasm for the dimwitted.

Dagmar
12-10-2011, 09:52 AM
I enjoyed my banter with mock. He was bat**** crazy.

oubronco
12-10-2011, 10:42 AM
Yep i miss Mock

theAPAOps5
12-10-2011, 10:53 AM
You know this season would be killing him right now. He would not know what the hell is going on. He would love the Defense but be all sorts of crazy about Tebow or whatever nickname he would have come up with.

Good God NO.

Cody at 14. Ha!

opps, Quinn.

Trade back for Hillis?

Move up and take pouncy.

It won't be pretty.

broncswin
12-10-2011, 11:09 AM
God I hope we take Tebow...I think this guy will pan out and be amazing for us...I predict that he becomes a fourth quarter comeback king, with many can't miss specials about his life on ESPN...This guy is so damn contagious, he will probably have billboards designed by complete strangers begging for him to become an NFL starter.......................God and I love Tebow...Tebow...Tebow

By the way...I hope we stun the world and take him in the first...

I too miss MOCK

broncswin
12-10-2011, 11:10 AM
God I hope we take Tebow...I think this guy will pan out and be amazing for us...I predict that he becomes a fourth quarter comeback king, with many can't miss specials about his life on ESPN...This guy is so damn contagious, he will probably have billboards designed by complete strangers begging for him to become an NFL starter.......................God and I love Tebow...Tebow...Tebow

By the way...I hope we stun the world and take him in the first...

I too miss MOCK

Wow...I guess I nailed this one :strong:

strafen
12-10-2011, 11:12 AM

Banter?
That was anything but banter.
Banter - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/banterCached - Similar
to speak to or address in a witty and teasing mannerThat was anything but banter, that was just you being the prick you've always been, that you are, and you always will be.
Don't be disingenuos patting yourself in the back for that.
Those have been the long list of alike contributions you've made to this board; a bitter, hateful person that does nothing but attack posters daily and call people out.

Grow that **** up, asshole. Grow a pair and stop your tiring act of ridiculing posters on a daily basis while at the same time you're kissing somebody else's ass so you can look cool while doing it...

theAPAOps5
12-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Somebody's angry

Archer81
12-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Somebody's angry

And incapable of perceiving themselves accurately.

theAPAOps5
12-10-2011, 11:40 AM
And incapable of perceiving themselves accurately.

Very astute observation

Archer81
12-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Very astute observation

Indubitably.

Dagmar
12-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Dragster's mad. And owned without me having to lift a finger.

He's like an angry elf.

Mogulseeker
12-10-2011, 11:56 AM
I was wrong.

errand
12-10-2011, 12:13 PM
well in fairness to those that thought the drafting of Tebow would be a mistake...

[] Our biggest problem/need at that time was defense....we needed an infusion of youth and speed

[] Tebow's draft projections at that time were according to his own agent all over the board, but he also said in that documentary that the Broncos told him they wouldn't select him at #11, but would use whatever ammo they had to trade back up into the 1st to get him...the Cowboys selecting Dez Bryant is why Baltimore traded down, as he was the guy they wanted. Tebow's agent was telling the huge gathering at Tebow's Jax home that 'We need Bryant to be gone".

[] Qb at the time seemed to be an adequate strength and not a huge need...

I didn't think we should have spent a 1st rounder on him either, but i liked the kid, and wasn't pissed when he was selected....because I valued his leadership traits, his work ethic, and his desire to win....

Popps
12-10-2011, 12:17 PM
well in fairness to those that thought the drafting of Tebow would be a mistake...

[] Our biggest problem/need at that time was defense....we needed an infusion of youth and speed

[] Tebow's draft projections at that time were according to his own agent all over the board, but he also said in that documentary that the Broncos told him they wouldn't select him at #11, but would use whatever ammo they had to trade back up into the 1st to get him...the Cowboys selecting Dez Bryant is why Baltimore traded down, as he was the guy they wanted. Tebow's agent was telling the huge gathering at Tebow's Jax home that 'We need Bryant to be gone".

I didn't think we should have spent a 1st rounder on him either, but i liked the kid, and wasn't pissed when he was selected....because I valued his leadership traits, his work ethic, and his desire to win....

Very few people would have thought that pick to be a logical priority. McDaniels saw something and had a vision that frankly most of us thought was a little goofy.

But as always happens... hindsight gives us some clarity. I can't imagine any Broncos fans are upset with this pick at this point.

I think SoCal had a great take on this (earlier in the thread) before it all went down.

errand
12-10-2011, 12:28 PM
Very few people would have thought that pick to be a logical priority. McDaniels saw something and had a vision that frankly most of us thought was a little goofy.

But as always happens... hindsight gives us some clarity. I can't imagine any Broncos fans are upset with this pick at this point.

I think SoCal had a great take on this (earlier in the thread) before it all went down.

That's why when people say "McFan" to me it doesn't bother...

sure in hindsight Josh was in over his head, and not ready to be a czar type of HC/GM guy...but there's no denying he isn't one of the better QB coaches in the NFL...and he loved the shotgun....which is why he saw in Tebow the kind of QB he could do some serious damage with once he learned the playbook, got acclimated to the speed of the NFL.

But because he got rid of some personal favorites of some of these clowns, or replaced the once great Mike (like that was his fault) and didn't draft this guy or that guy...he's a complete idiot. He wasn't a good fit as our HC it turned out, but then again everyone said the same thing about Fox when we were 1-4...now the guy's generally loved saved for a few hero worshippers that think he's intentionally trying to sabotage Tebow

Broncos4Life
12-10-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69
To tell you the truth, he's probably better than anything we currently have at QB...

Yep!
HATE! HATE! HATE!

My favorite hater on this board!

Mile High Mojoe
12-10-2011, 12:46 PM

I miss Mock he was crazy alright, crazy smart.

Mile High Mojoe
12-10-2011, 12:49 PM

I'm totally onboard with Tebow today but this is what I would have said too. I didn't like the trade for Orton and Quinn wasn't the answer either but D was the biggest need at the time.

errand
12-10-2011, 12:52 PM
I miss Mock he was crazy alright, crazy smart.

I know they say one shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but....

...he was the biggest ass hole on here, and proud of it too. I've never liked that jerk, and my dislike for him increased when he called phillybroncosnut's newborn child a "cross-eyed retard"

so please stop with the after he's gone sentiment for a well known jerk and asshole. He was one of the most classless guys on here, and his posts were almost unbearable to read.

theAPAOps5
12-10-2011, 01:02 PM
I know they say one shouldn't speak ill of the dead, but....

...he was the biggest a-hole on here, and proud of it too. I've never liked that jerk, and my dislike for him increased when he called phillybroncosnut's newborn child a "cross-eyed retard"

so please stop with the after he's gone sentiment for a well known jerk and a-hole. He was one of the most classless guys on here, and his posts were almost unbearable to read.

That was also pre-incident. He was horrible in the things he said and you highlighted one of them.

But there was also another side and he was much different after his health changed. You know that people would attack him with tainted peanut butter remarks constantly and I think I only saw him reply twice. Even asked him what he thought and he was ok with it. Even though it left him a shell of himself.

So I think there is nothing wrong with pointing out what you did but also recognize that people have a different view than you and it may be based on private conversations with him etc.

KO5K
12-10-2011, 01:07 PM

IT ALL MAKES SENSE!!!

errand
12-10-2011, 01:08 PM
I'm totally onboard with Tebow today but this is what I would have said too. I didn't like the trade for Orton and Quinn wasn't the answer either but D was the biggest need at the time.

Exactly...

I didn't want mike to get fired, but i understood why he was...he was 24-24 over his last 3 seasons here... that .500 winning % over time will get you canned just like it did Phillips and Reeves.

I didn't like the benching of Jake when we were coming off an AFCCG appearance and sitting at 7-4, but i understood mike wanted to see what the cutler kid could do.

I didn't like the Cutler/Orton trade at first, but then i began to understand that Cutler was a pouting malcontent, and Orton for all his faults was a generally a stand up guy...cutler forced the hand of his coach, Orton was a victim of circumstances.

I didn't have a problem with McDaniels being hired as his resume was pretty damn good save for lack of head coaching experience, and he seemed to be moving the team in the right direction by getting rid of malcontents and prima donnas, while trying to gather up team first players and infuse youth and speed, but i understood that you're only as good as your record when you're a HC...and his wasn't very good after the first 6-0 run...so his firing only disappointed me because I think he'd have Tebow throwing the ball much more sharper than he is now, and it sent the wrong message to prospective coaches that patience is not a Broncos virtue.

I wouldn't have drafted Tebow in first round, because we needed D first and foremost, but again, liked the kid and was glad he was a Bronco....but on here for some reason that equals hatred for him

errand
12-10-2011, 01:16 PM
That was also pre-incident. He was horrible in the things he said and you highlighted one of them.

i only highlighted that one because it was the only time i can recall in all my years on here that someone made a derogatory remark about someone's child...and a new born at that....trust me, he was a huge jerk...but like you say, it's just my opinion of him. you like him, that's cool

But there was also another side and he was much different after his health changed. You know that people would attack him with tainted peanut butter remarks constantly and I think I only saw him reply twice. Even asked him what he thought and he was ok with it. Even though it left him a shell of himself.

Sure, generally when your health declines you start looking back on your life and previous actions, and alot of times one will have regret to some degree about things they did or said...my problem with him was he never showed remorse (at least not that I ever witnessed) for his bad behavior...his "change" was in my opinion more about being and old dying guy trying to get into heaven now

So I think there is nothing wrong with pointing out what you did but also recognize that people have a different view than you and it may be based on private conversations with him etc.

Like I said, if you saw something in him that made you like him, that's cool....maybe i shouldn't have said anything about him, but i just can't stand all this posthumous love for a guy that went out of his way to personally attack others, their spouses/partners and children....sorry, it just kind of struck me wrong....but to each their own.

in bold

theAPAOps5
12-10-2011, 01:19 PM
in bold

I think you have valid points for sure, I just think its ok to think there was another side is all. I thought the guy was crazy and a jerk too. But it changed in the end so I probably rememeber that more and I didnt view him the same. I think if mock left in full jerk mode most people wouldn't be nearly as reverent.

Definitely understand why some people could never think nicely about him, especially if they were targets in his attacks.

Mile High Mojoe
12-10-2011, 01:37 PM

Mock was a different breed, he could very nasty but he knew just as much or more than anyone on here about football and the Broncos whether you agreed with him or not. I saw the comments made about him after he had the peanut butter problem and could not believe the vile and hateful comments directed at him.

The same people who attacked him for being nasty then turned on him and acted just if bad if not worse towards him. A lot of the newer members on the board have no idea of the history of some of the posters on this board. There definitely is a group on here that holds hands and practices a gang or herd mentality.

Mock was crazy but he was funny and witty and he didn’t want to belong to the any gang/herd. I respected him most for that. He swam upstream many times and could be wrong but many times he was right.

The best thread recently that proves the herd mentally still exists on the OM is the current thread entitled “Which OM Poster is better?” Here all the older posters are found patting themselves on the back as being the elite. The Rev and 24Champ actually post in the thread that they themselves are the best posters on the OM. You talk about crazy and laughable, both of these guys are 2 of the biggest and most notorious Hitmen on the Mane and could make Mock look like a boy scout.

I wish Mock were still around he’d of leveled the playing in many of the insanely arrogant threads that we see today by the herd. He send me many private messages when I first start posting on the OM encouraging me to stick to my guns and fight back against some of the self proclaimed geniuses on this board. Thanks for the support Mock, some of us really miss you.

stopgap
12-10-2011, 02:05 PM
He send me many private messages when I first start posting on the OM encouraging me to stick to my guns and fight back against some of the self proclaimed geniuses on this board. Thanks for the support Mock, some of us really miss you.

Stick to your guns? You are a blind homer. You are supposed to be given props for that?

Mile High Mojoe
12-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Stick to your guns? You are a blind homer. You are supposed to be given props for that?

I've taken a ton of abuse from the herd, all Mock was saying was just don't stop making an arguement when it's something you believe in.

Boobs McGee
12-10-2011, 02:36 PM
The herd mentality thing cracks me up. Some of the posters on here are like a disease.

Does anyone like AIDS? No. Fraid not. It's just a nasty, lifesucking, worthless part of life that isn't leaving anytime soon.

Just because there are people on here that EVERYONE can't stand, doesn't make everyone who reads their posts part of a herd. Just unified in their dislike for ignorance.

Mile High Mojoe
12-10-2011, 02:40 PM
The herd mentality thing cracks me up. Some of the posters on here are like a disease.

Does anyone like AIDS? No. Fraid not. It's just a nasty, lifesucking, worthless part of life that isn't leaving anytime soon.

Just because there are people on here that EVERYONE can't stand, doesn't make everyone who reads their posts part of a herd. Just unified in their dislike for ignorance.

:thumbs:

Mile High Mojoe
12-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Private message from Mock typos and all. It's another thing I liked about Mock he didn't care if had typos:

I've never had a problem with your posts, don’t let them stop you. I don't moderate, but could of but passed because I like to stir the pot.

The site has become almost worthless. You don't know the people that have left for will be leaving.

don't worry about it...I'm a man with flaws...as are the Broncos...

I get tired of being personally attacked. I **** my cat, I molest my neices...anything their sick minds than dream up and it's fine.

I run a gameline better than anyone on this stupid board.

That's why the dimwits run wild..nothing is going to be done.

If you don't think people have been leaving...I mean people that know whats going on you havent been watching.

I helped build this damn site. I have been given a few proxys, but I dont need the BS from a bunch of idiot newbies.

Most of these children doen't even have a clue.

Doesn't matter...I let them snip at my ankles

Agamemnon
12-10-2011, 04:23 PM
now the guy's generally loved saved for a few hero worshippers that think he's intentionally trying to sabotage Tebow

Or the people who think he's too ****ing conservative. Dude makes Schottenheimer look like a maverick...