PDA

View Full Version : So how do you rate your Mane Mock Draft?

ZONA
04-12-2010, 02:52 AM
Finally, all 7 rounds are just about complete. Only a few more left to make their picks in the late 7th round.

Let's see your draft and how do you rate it? You can also comment on others drafts and rate them as well (let's use a 5 star rating system with half stars possible).

Mine:

1st round/pick #21 : Joe Haden (CB) - Florida

2nd round/pick #54 : Morgan Burnett (FS) - Georgia Tech

3rd round/pick #84 : Ciron Black (OT) - LSU

3rd round/pick #96 : Thaddeus Gibson (OLB) - Ohio State

4th round/pick #120: Carlton Mitchell (WR) - South Florida

4th round/pick #131: Taylor Price (WR) - Ohio

5th round/pick #152: Jeff Byers (C/G) - USC

6th round/pick #191: Micah Johnson (ILB) - Kentucky

7th Round/pick #228: Sergio Render (G) - Virginia Tech

I'm going to give myself 3.5 stars. I didn't have many high picks and didn't get to pick early in the rounds but I did get a few comp picks there in the 3rd and 4th which helped. The Bengals were estatic that a talent like Haden fell to them at the 21'st pick. This is a guy that alot of mock boards have going in the top 10. Adding Burnett (some reports had him rated almost as high as Earl Thomas) to the secondary to go along with Haden really should be a nice combo for years to come. The linemen we got are big and physical and both LB's really should help slow down the running game. And of course the WR's we took because of need, as Chad Johnson needs help, but they both are excellent WR's and with a year of seasoning, should be fine.

meangene
04-12-2010, 04:26 AM
I really like your draft for the Bengals. Your two WR's were steals! The only thing I would question is no TE even with two early comp picks. I would give you 4.0 stars - think you sold yourself short. :thumbs:

ludo21
04-12-2010, 02:29 PM
1st Round/ #15 - Earl Thomas, S Texas
2nd Round/ #44 - Brandon Spikes, LB Florida
3rd Round/ #77 - Lamarr Houston, DT Texas
4th Round/ #115 - Dennis Pitta, TE BYU
5th Round/ #147 - Deji Karim, RB Southern Illinois
6th Round/ #184 - Willie Young, DE NC State

I was really excited when I drafted Earl Thomas, but then the day after the Giants signed Antrel Rolle so I am still a bit mad I didnt wait a day to see what the Giants were going to do. But Thomas is going to be a great playmaker whether at Safety or Corner so they could still use him back there. In the 2nd I traded up for a guy that would have fell to me, but he is a perfect fit for the Giants scheme anyway.

I would give myself a 4 if it were not for those 2 mess up's and for my late round flier on Young. After more digging I really dont think much of him anymore. So a 3 it is.

BTW Karim "the Dream" is going to be awesome. I am pumped for this little man to make some plays in the NFL NEXT year. :thumbs:

no-pseudo-fan
04-12-2010, 02:40 PM
1st. Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
1st. Taylor Mays, S, USC
2nd. Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
4th Anthony Dixon, RB, Miss. State
5th Dezmon Briscoe, WR, Kansas
6th Arthur Moats, OLB/DE, James Madison
7th Shelley Smith, G, Colorado State

I think I did ok. Not being able to trade out of 14 and not having a 3rd hurt.

I give myself a C+ so I guess a solid 3 stars. Got a couple late round gems that could start.

DBroncos4life
04-12-2010, 03:56 PM
1-23(23) - Green Bay (BroncoMan4ever) - Charles Brown, OT, USC
2-24(56) - G. Bay (BroncoMan4ever) - Chris Cook, CB, Virginia
3-22(86) - Green Bay (DBroncos4life) - Andre Roberts, WR, The Citadel
4-24(122) - Green Bay (Dbroncos4life) - Myron Rolle, S, Florida State
5-23(154) - Green Bay (Dbroncos4life) - Mike Tepper, OT/OG, Cal
5-38(169) - Green Bay (DBroncos4life) - Corey Peters, DT, Kentucky
6-24(193) - Green Bay (DBroncos4life) - Brandon Sharpe, DE/OLB, Texas Tech
7-23(230) - Green Bay (DBroncos4life) - Andrew Tyshovnytsky, OG/T, Fordham

I probably went to heavy on O-line players but when the Packers allowed 50 plus sacks they really need help in that area. Brown and Tepper are better suited to play the right side. I'll give myself a 2.5 for my part in the draft. I still think Roberts will be a good WR in the NFL. Rolle also had a much better 40 time at his pro day so I don't think he will fall to the 4th round in the real draft. From 5th down there are some long shots but I do really like the two T/OG.

Mediator12
04-12-2010, 04:29 PM
These are some pretty good mocks so far. The amount of players I like still coming off the boards so late is just amazing.

Unfortunately, I went 60+ selections without a pick and a few guys have taken almost all the draftable players off my board. Oh well ;D

brncs_fan
04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
San Diego Chargers

1. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno St.
2. Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest
3. Tourell troup, NT, UCF
4. Phillip Dillard, ILB, Nebraska
5. Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame
5. Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan
7. Sean Canfield, QB, Oregon St.

Not overly happy with my draft but I got a lot of need positions filled. I think 1 and 2 could step in and play right away. 3 may out of need but I think the rest are developmental players. I would give myself a C+.

Honestly I think the chargers are an injury to Rivers away from a loosing season myself and they are not near as deep as they once were.

meangene
04-12-2010, 06:20 PM
My draft for the Dallas Cowboys:

Round 1/#27: Sean Weatherspoon (LB) - Missouri
Round 3/#69: Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (DB) - Indiana (PA.)
Round 3/#71: Tony Washington (OT) - Abilene Christian
Round 5/#151: Ted Larsen (C/G) - N.C. State
Round 6/#196: Leigh Tiffin (K) - Alabama
Round 7/#234: Jay Ross (DT) - East Carolina

I had 6 picks (no 5th) coming in at #27 in each round. Weatherspoon just fell to me in Round 1. After that, I had targeted Owusu-Ansah and Washington. I did not figure to get both staying where I was so I moved back from a late second and up from a late third to get two early thirds. It cost me a late fourth to do that but I gained a mid fifth to make up for the lost pick. The runs on OL and safety in the late second and early third made me glad I had moved. I had considered Staffold (OT) and Allen (S) but knew I would not get both and had Owusu-Ansah and Washington rated as highly. For me, the lower level of competition might lead to a little more development time but Dallas could afford that. Larsen added needed interior OL depth - I would have taken Olsen if he had fallen to me there. Tiffin was a huge need. Ross was needed depth at NT. All in all, I was pretty pleased given the limited picks. A real upgrade in athleticism. Maybe a B range grade.

jebures
04-12-2010, 06:37 PM
T Trent Williams Oklahoma 1(8)
DE Jason Pierre-Paul South Florida 1(18)
DT Linval Joseph East Carolina 3(85)
T/G Selvish Capers West Virginia 4(106)
CB Walter McFadden Auburn 5 (158)
DT Earl Mitchell Arizona 7(215)
TE/WR Jameson Konz Kent St. 7(225)
7(251)

I still have a 7th left but I feel I did very well on this draft. Some people have Williams going #4 and Pierre-Paul in the top 10. Joseph Could also be a possible 2nd rounder. I thought Earl Mitchell in the 7th round was a steal. He is 6'3 295 and ran a 4.73 at his pro-day, perfect Raider player. Also, Konz could be the most athletic player in this years draft with in insane 46 VL and 4.4 40 time at 235 pounds.

meangene
04-12-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm just glad the Raiders don't draft as well in the real world! :raidsux:

jebures
04-12-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm just glad the Raiders don't draft as well in the real world! :raidsux:

They should hire me so can I sabotage their team....but I guess I really couldn't make them worse.

ZONA
04-13-2010, 02:04 AM
San Diego Chargers

1. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno St.
2. Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest
3. Tourell troup, NT, UCF
4. Phillip Dillard, ILB, Nebraska
5. Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame
5. Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan
7. Sean Canfield, QB, Oregon St.

Not overly happy with my draft but I got a lot of need positions filled. I think 1 and 2 could step in and play right away. 3 may out of need but I think the rest are developmental players. I would give myself a C+.

Honestly I think the chargers are an injury to Rivers away from a loosing season myself and they are not near as deep as they once were.

I don't know too much about the players you took from 5th down but the first 4 picks I actually do like, and a bonus is they actually fill needs there. I would give you a B for that draft, I liked it.

Mediator12
04-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Here is INDY's Draft:

1 (31) Patrick Robinson CB, FSU
2 (63) Rodger Saffold OT, IU
3 (94) Tyson Alualu DL, CAL
4 (129) Jerome Murphy CB/FS, USF
5 (162) A.J. Edds SLB, Iowa
7 (238) David Gettis RS/WR, Baylor
7 (249) Adrian Tracy DE/OLB William & Mary
7 (246) Joshua Moore CB, KSU

I am absolutely happy with the talent and versatility of this draft. Overall, I would say B+ as I could not get anymore picks as no one would even consider trading with me. That means I left a lot of talent on the board at positions I could have further upgraded.

This was also a very INDY style draft of BPA. The only pick that might not be the BPA on my board was the first one. I really struggled with taking Robinson over McCourty and now really Kareem Jackson. OVerall though, I think it was a great draft class that will add plenty of first year contributions, 4-6 starters in 2 years, and immediate ST's help.

One of my favorite picks is David Gettis WR, Baylor. He reminds me of Houstons KR Jacoby Jones. He could also develop into a Red Zone and deep threat With Manning throwing him the ball. Indy needs a KR/PR though and I really like his ability there until he can get a few years to develop.

JCMElway
04-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Here's mine:

1. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
2. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
3a. Jamar Chaney, ILB, Miss. State
3a. Pat Angerer, ILB, Iowa
4a. Arthur Jones, DT/DE, Syracuse
4b. Larry Asante, SS, Nebraska
4c. Mitch Petrus, G, Arkansas
5a. LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
5b. Robert Johnson, S, Utah
5c. AJ Jefferson, CB, Fresno State
6. Kade Weston, DT, Georgia
7. Nate Byham, TE, Pitt

Well, here they are. The 12 building blocks to reshape the Chiefs. I was very happy with my ability to move up and down the draft board to fill some of the massive holes on the roster. I think I had a nice balance of getting the BPA vs. filling positional needs. I think that Campbell and Tate will see time in the starting lineup almost immediately. Chaney, Angerer, and Jones will see a lot of playing time as well. The rest will work themselves in, and Robert Johnson might even start too.

Jefferson and Weston are definite projects, but their upside is tremendous. And Jefferson will be a huge upgrade in the kick return department.

I did make one mistake and missed out on a trade with Anton and that was unfortunate. However, the value I got where I ended up (Arthur Jones) was great.

Got some criticism for the size of the LBs in the third, but I think they are playmakers, and I can have the DTs I got, esp. Weston on running downs, keep the heat off of them.

So, I give myself a B+ for sure. An A if Weston and the LBs work out like I think they will. My only misses were Cody, Troup, and Linval, so I had to gamble with Weston. but in the 6th that's OK.

Thoughts?

meangene
04-13-2010, 05:42 PM
JCM, your linebackers are midgets and your nose tackle is gonna bust! J/k - I think you did a great job even if you were picking for the Chefs! :chefstink

jebures
04-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Here's mine:

1. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
2. Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
3a. Jamar Chaney, ILB, Miss. State
3a. Pat Angerer, ILB, Iowa
4a. Arthur Jones, DT/DE, Syracuse
4b. Larry Asante, SS, Nebraska
4c. Mitch Petrus, G, Arkansas
5a. LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
5b. Robert Johnson, S, Utah
5c. AJ Jefferson, CB, Fresno State
6. Kade Weston, DT, Georgia
7. Nate Byham, TE, Pitt

Well, here they are. The 12 building blocks to reshape the Chiefs. I was very happy with my ability to move up and down the draft board to fill some of the massive holes on the roster. I think I had a nice balance of getting the BPA vs. filling positional needs. I think that Campbell and Tate will see time in the starting lineup almost immediately. Chaney, Angerer, and Jones will see a lot of playing time as well. The rest will work themselves in, and Robert Johnson might even start too.

Jefferson and Weston are definite projects, but their upside is tremendous. And Jefferson will be a huge upgrade in the kick return department.

I did make one mistake and missed out on a trade with Anton and that was unfortunate. However, the value I got where I ended up (Arthur Jones) was great.

Got some criticism for the size of the LBs in the third, but I think they are playmakers, and I can have the DTs I got, esp. Weston on running downs, keep the heat off of them.

So, I give myself a B+ for sure. An A if Weston and the LBs work out like I think they will. My only misses were Cody, Troup, and Linval, sp i had to gamble with Weston. but in the 6th that's OK.

Thoughts?

Don't like the Bruce Campbell pick (bust written all over him) but loved the Arthur Jones pick and Angerer is a player.

Archer81
04-13-2010, 07:34 PM
2-16(48) - Carolina Panthers (sirhcyennek81) - Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
3-16(80) - Carolina Panthers (sirhcyennek81) - Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
4-14(112) - Carolina Panthers (sirhcyennek81) - Jevan Sneed, QB, Ole Miss
6-06(175) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Kevin Basped, DE, Nevada
6-33(202) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Colin Peek, TE, Alabama
6-35(204) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Doug Worthington, DE, OSU
7-13(220) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Brandon Banks, WR/KR, Kansas State
7-16(223) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) -Josh Hull, ILB, Penn State
7-42(249) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) -Chris Carter, WR, UC Davis

I did not have a 1st or 5th round pick, because Carolina went DT happy the previous year and traded those picks. Carolina has a solid offensive line and great running game, so I tried to focus on receiving options on offense. Matt Moore showed flashes down the stretch, one of the reasons Delhomme was released, but drafting Snead gives Carolina flexibility if Moore doesnt work out. The DE's and DT are for depth. And it never hurts to pick up LBs for special teams. I give my draft a 3 out of 5 stars. But I'm biased.

:Broncos:

ZONA
04-13-2010, 07:54 PM
2-16(48) - Carolina Panthers (sirhcyennek81) - Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
3-16(80) - Carolina Panthers (sirhcyennek81) - Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
4-14(112) - Carolina Panthers (sirhcyennek81) - Jevan Sneed, QB, Ole Miss
6-06(175) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Kevin Basped, DE, Nevada
6-33(202) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Colin Peek, TE, Alabama
6-35(204) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Doug Worthington, DE, OSU
7-13(220) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) - Brandon Banks, WR/KR, Kansas State
7-16(223) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) -Josh Hull, ILB, Penn State
7-42(249) - Carolina (sirhcyennek81) -Chris Carter, WR, UC Davis

I did not have a 1st or 5th round pick, because Carolina went DT happy the previous year and traded those picks. Carolina has a solid offensive line and great running game, so I tried to focus on receiving options on offense. Matt Moore showed flashes down the stretch, one of the reasons Delhomme was released, but drafting Snead gives Carolina flexibility if Moore doesnt work out. The DE's and DT are for depth. And it never hurts to pick up LBs for special teams. I give my draft a 3 out of 5 stars. But I'm biased.

None the less, I think you did an excellent job at getting yourself 2 solid WR's in the 2nd and 3rd. I was hoping to get Shipley in the 3rd, you bastage.

Archer81
04-13-2010, 07:55 PM
None the less, I think you did an excellent job at getting yourself 2 solid WR's in the 2nd and 3rd. I was hoping to get Shipley in the 3rd, you bastage.

:) It happens. I wanted John Skelton...he was taken the pick before mine in the 4th round.

ZONA
04-13-2010, 07:57 PM
:-D It happens. I wanted John Skelton...he was taken the pick before mine in the 4th round.

Too funny. I was hoping to land Skelton in the 4th also. Good minds think alike I guess.

jebures
04-13-2010, 08:08 PM
T Trent Williams Oklahoma 1(8)
DE Jason Pierre-Paul South Florida 1(18)
DT Linval Joseph East Carolina 3(85)
T/G Selvish Capers West Virginia 4(106)
CB Walter McFadden Auburn 5 (158)
DT Earl Mitchell Arizona 7(215)
TE/WR Jameson Konz Kent St. 7(225)
QB Mike Kafka Northwestern 7(251)

JCMElway
04-14-2010, 01:29 AM
I'd say we could rate other O-Mane drafters as well. Feel free to give other drafters a letter grade, and then answer these short questions about their draft:

Good Move --
Best Value pick --
Could Surprise --
Tel me why.....? --

GoHAM
04-14-2010, 11:40 AM
My draft for the Eagles:

1-24(24) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
2-23(55) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Nate Allen, FS, South Florida
3-06(70) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Toby Gerhart, RB, Stanford
3-23(87) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Matt Tennant, C, Boston College
4-23(121) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Geno Atkins, DE/DT, Georgia
4-29(127) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Dekoda Watson, LB, Florida State
6-31(200) - Philadelphia (GoWYO) - Walter Thurmond, CB, Oregon
7-36(243) - Philadelphia (GoWyo) - Kevin Haslam, OT, Rutgers
7-37(244) - Philadelphia (GoWyo) - Mitch Unrein, DE, Wyoming

I'm not sure Graham is a great fit for the Eagles but I love his motor and think he will be able to improve the Eagles pass rush. I think I might have reached a bit for Tennant and Watson, and the Eagles probably won't be drafting a RB now that they signed Mike Bell. Haslam is a bit of a project but is fairly athletic and versatile enough to be solid depth at G and T.

I think I got great value with Allen, Atkins and Thurmond.

Of course Mitch Unrein is a complete homer pick, but I do think he will be on a roster when the season starts.

I give myself a C+/B-

ColoradoBuff
04-14-2010, 02:31 PM
My Draft for Jacksonville Jaguars:

1-11: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
3-74: JD Walton, C, Baylor
4-108: Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan
5-143: Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss
6-180: Crezdon Butler, CB, Clemson
6-203: Marcus Easley, WR, UConn

I give myself a C to C+. I think I got value with Walton in the 3rd and Hardy in the 5th. I reached for Butler but the Jag's need depth at CB. Fire away gents!

JCMElway
04-15-2010, 08:27 AM
Rohirrim/Denver's Draft:

1. Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
2. Vladimir Ducasse, LG, UMass
3. Eric Norwood, ILB, South Carolina
4. Austen Lane, OLB, Murray State
6. Eric Cook, C, New Mexico

Good Move -- Dan Williams in the first is just a solid pick. Just can't argue with it.

Best Value pick -- Getting Norwood in the third is nice. He could go at the bottom of the 2nd and he'll be productive.

Could Surprise -- Eric Cook could be a very productive, Question is can he step in right away?

Tel me why.....? -- Denver di not trade down to garner more picks. The valuer in rounds 3-5 of this draft is unbelievable. Stockpiling picks in those rounds is a must, even if you lose a bit of value.

Overall, a nice draft, just need a few more players to stock the cupboards. We didn't address WR, TE, S, or CB. I know this mock was done before Brandon and Tony left town, but it would have been nice to see some of those positions addressed.

Grade: B/B-

Rohirrim
04-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Rohirrim/Denver's Draft:

1. Dan Williams, NT, Tennessee
2. Vladimir Ducasse, LG, UMass
3. Eric Norwood, ILB, South Carolina
4. Austen Lane, OLB, Murray State
6. Eric Cook, C, New Mexico

Good Move -- Dan Williams in the first is just a solid pick. Just can't argue with it.

Best Value pick -- Getting Norwood in the third is nice. He could go at the bottom of the 2nd and he'll be productive.

Could Surprise -- Eric Cook could be a very productive, Question is can he step in right away?

Tel me why.....? -- Denver di not trade down to garner more picks. The valuer in rounds 3-5 of this draft is unbelievable. Stockpiling picks in those rounds is a must, even if you lose a bit of value.

Overall, a nice draft, just need a few more players to stock the cupboards. We didn't address WR, TE, S, or CB. I know this mock was done before Brandon and Tony left town, but it would have been nice to see some of those positions addressed.

Grade: B/B-

I was open to trading down. Didn't get any offers. I think that will reflect the real draft. Trading down, especially out of the top fifteen, is going to be tough. Teams might trade up for a LT or QB, but other than that?... Would have been nice to have that 43 pick. ;D I would have definitely taken a WR there, or at 45, although Benn is my favorite and was already off the board. I just saw LG as much more crucial. The line is what fell apart last year. I know a couple of scouts have raised questions as to Ducasse being a LT, but I've seen few dispute that he could turn out to be a monster at LG. It's a "potential" pick, but added to great need, a necessary one. When you have big needs and few picks you get kind of locked in.

I think Dan Williams would still be a good pick as I feel positive that Jamal cannot hold down the job on his own all season. If he's spelled, he'll do great, IMO. Norwood is self-explanatory. We need a solid inside LB.

Lane is a gamble with a lot of upside who, I believe, will benefit from professional weight training and coaching and might be a steal. He's a good character guy. At the time, I thought he was the BPA.

I'm not as freaked out about center as some people are. McD has expressed confidence in Seth Olsen. Whether that is just talk or not, we'll see. At 6'6" and 305 he has the beef to control the middle. Cook could come in an compete at different positions, so I consider him solid depth.

In the final analysis, the Broncos just need more picks. If somebody they really want is not there at 11, I really hope they can find a way to trade down and get some more picks in the second and third. That would be ideal in this draft for them. I wouldn't be surprised to see Xanders put the Dolphins' 2011 second on the trading block.

baja
04-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Hey Ro I gota avie idea for ya;

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/AgeofKnights/Battle%20for%20Middle-earth%20II/CAVALIERE20ROHIRRIM.jpg

eddie mac
04-15-2010, 07:07 PM
New England Patriot draft picks

1-22 Jared Odrick DE, Penn State-Seymour's replacement.

2-46 Rob Gronkowski TE, Arizona-Watson's replacement and arguably the best TE in a pretty good class.

2-49 Damian Williams WR, USC-No2 WR to battle Moss/Welker/Edleman for catches and another outlet for Brady.

3-67 Koa Misi OLB, Utah-Adalius Thomas' replacement. Patriots' pass rush was woeful last year having to depend on the aging Tully Banta-Cain for pressure.

4-101 Joe McKnight RB, USC-Faulk signed a new 1 year deal, McKnight will be ready to take over from Kevin in 2011 and battle Maroney, Morris and company for carries.

4-119 Kyle Calloway OT, Iowa-one of my favourite most underrated players in the draft just because he does not project as a LT in this league. The Patriots add another young lineman to battle Light/Kaczur for playing time and after the success of the Vollmer pick last year (I got him in the 5th for NE by the way), the Pats line is shaping up again.

6-190 Lindsey Witten OLB, Connecticut-a steal in the 6th IMO, this guy could go anywhere between 3rd-5th rds and will battle Banta-Cain, Misi and my other OLB steal for playing time.

6-205 Emmanuel Sanders WR, SMU-a sleeper IMO and one of the few little known WR's the Pats have had in for a private workout.

7-208 Daniel Te'o-Nesheim OLB, Washington-I could not pass this guy up, huge promise and once again comes in to battle at NE's worst defensive position last year.

7-221 Joe Hawley OG/OC UNLV, more depth for the line and another face to push the aging Patriots starters.

7-226 Clay Harbor TE/FB Missouri State, perfect fit for the Pats offense and good value here IMO, plus the fact New England are very light in the TE position as well.

7-229 Kavell Conner ILB Clemson, OLB in college will make the transition to inside to battle a quad of pretty good young Pats looking for playing time.

7-231 Brent Bowden P Virginia Tech, Pats need a punter as up until 2 days ago they didn't have one on the roster at all.

7-247 Jonathan Crompton QB Tennessee-Jaws called him his sleeper QB in the draft and said he has everything. I wouldn't go that far but for a 7th rounder what's to lose giving the kid a chance and look how QB's have faired on this team.

7-248 Barry Church SS Toledo-some more secondary depth

7-250 Andrew Quarless TE Penn State-another TE for the mix from a very deep class.

Overall there where some guys I missed out on hence the few trade downs which ended up with me acquiring 16 picks. The Pats dont need 16 rookies but at the end of the day this is a mock and it was real fun selecting guys especially late in the draft.

BTW I'm not finished yet and fully intend spending as much of that $100k as I can on UDFA'sLOL

BowlenBall
04-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers' draft picks:

2-20(52) Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
2-27(59) Jonathan Dwyer, RB, Georgia Tech
3-26(90) Mike Johnson, G, Alabama
3-31(95) Jason Worilds, OLB/DE, Virginia Tech
4-18(116) Alex Carrington, DE, Arkansas State
4-32(130) Edward Dic-kson, TE, Oregon
5-07(138) Syd'Quan Thompson, CB, California
5-33(164) Armanti Edwards, QB/WR//KR, Appalachian State
5-35(166) Al Woods, DT, LSU
6-13(182) Trevard Lindley, CB, Kentucky
6-19(188) Clifton Geathers, DE, South Carolina
7-35(242) Ramon Harewood, OT, Morehouse

UDFAs
Matt Nichols, QB, Eastern Washington
Dom Randolph, QB, Holy Cross
John Connor, FB, Kentucky
Will Ford, RB, South Carolina State
Jeff Cumberland, WR/TE, Illinois
Will Barker, OT, Virginia
Reggie Stephens, OG, Iowa State
Cody Grimm, SS, Virginia Tech
Terrence Johnson, CB, California (PA)

Favorite pick -- Armanti Edwards is my favorite later-round pick in this draft. The kid is a winner, no matter what position he plays.

Worst pick -- Dwyer was the BPA on my board at pick #59 in February, but his stock has taken a nose dive since. Probably won't go until the 4th round of the real draft, IMO. Regardless, I think he'll be a fine powerback in the pros.

Overall grade: B. I came into the draft targeting offensive line, but continually got jumped on all my picks (Iupati, then Pouncey, then Ducasse, then Veldeheer). Most of my later picks are size/height/weight projects who may or may not work out (Carrington, Woods, Geathers, Harewood)

Arkie
04-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Cleveland can use help everywhere except center and nose tackle, so most of these were BPA. The biggest weaknesses are probably the rest of the o-line and the secondary. I'll give myself a C because I didn't address those early enough.

Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - still looking for a franchise QB
Jahvid Best, RB, Cal - "lightning" to the Hillis "Thunder"
Ricky Sapp, OLB, Clemson - he could go as high as the 1st; pure BPA pick
Myron Lewis, CB/FS, Vanderbilt
Ed Wang, OT, Virginia Tech
Chris Scott, OT/OG, Tennessee
Kam Chancellor, S, Virginia Tech
Danario Alexander , WR, Mizzou

UDFAs
Terrell Skinner, S, Maryland
Andre Dixon, RB, Connecticut - may push Hillis or even steal his thunder
Brody Eldridge, TE, Oklahoma
Stephen Williams, WR, Toledo

ZONA
04-22-2010, 02:09 AM
Cleveland can use help everywhere except center and nose tackle, so most of these were BPA. The biggest weaknesses are probably the rest of the o-line and the secondary. I'll give myself a C because I didn't address those early enough.

Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame - still looking for a franchise QB
Jahvid Best, RB, Cal - "lightning" to the Hillis "Thunder"
Ricky Sapp, OLB, Clemson - he could go as high as the 1st; pure BPA pick
Myron Lewis, CB/FS, Vanderbilt
Ed Wang, OT, Virginia Tech
Chris Scott, OT/OG, Tennessee
Kam Chancellor, S, Virginia Tech
Danario Alexander , WR, Mizzou

UDFAs
Terrell Skinner, S, Maryland
Andre Dixon, RB, Connecticut - may push Hillis or even steal his thunder
Brody Eldridge, TE, Oklahoma
Stephen Williams, WR, Toledo

Loved your second round pick. I think this guy could be the best value pick of the entire draft.

eddie mac
04-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Pats Draft

1-22 Jared Odrick DE, Drafted 1-28 (Minus 6)

2-46 Rob Gronkowski TE, Drafted by New England at 2-42 (Plus 4)

2-49 Damian Williams WR, Drafted 3-77 (Minus 28)

3-67 Koa Misi OLB, Drafted 2-40 (Plus 27)

4-101 Joe McKnight RB, Drafted 4-112 (Minus 11)

4-119 Kyle Calloway OT, Drafted 7-216 (Minus 97)

6-190 Lindsey Witten OLB, Undrafted 7-256 (Minus 66)

6-205 Emmanuel Sanders WR, Drafted 3-82 (Plus 123)

7-208 Daniel Te'o-Nesheim OLB, Drafted 3-86 (Plus 122)

7-221 Joe Hawley OG/OC UNLV, Drafted 4-117 (Plus 104)

7-226 Clay Harbor TE/FB Missouri State, Drafted 4-125 (Plus 101)

7-229 Kavell Conner ILB Clemson, Drafted 7-240 (Minus 11)

7-231 Brent Bowden P Virginia Tech, Drafted 6-172 (Plus 59)

7-247 Jonathan Crompton QB Tennessee, Drafted 5-168 (Plus 79)

7-248 Barry Church SS Toledo, Undrafted (Minus 8)

7-250 Andrew Quarless TE Penn State-Drafted 5-154 (Plus 96)

Total value on draft pick slots = plus 488 draft slots, avg 30 spots higher per draft pick value wise

Major pick. Gronkowski at 46 to New England, he was taken at 42 in real life by them.

Best Value = Emmanuel Sanders selected 123 spots above where he was mock drafted.

Worst Value = Kyle Calloway selected 97 spots below where he was mock drafted.

UDFA's who were drafted

Sherrick McMannis, CB, Northwestern, drafted 5-144
Hall Davis, OLB, La-Lafayette, drafted 5-149
Robert McClain, CB, UConn, drafted 7-249

24champ
04-25-2010, 05:49 PM
My Draft Picks for the Texans...

20.)RB CJ Spiller picked at 9. Plus 11.

51.) CB Kareem Jackson went at #20 to the Texans. Plus 31.

81.) Guard Jon Asamoah, went at 68. Plus 13

118.) LB Perry Riley, went at 103. Plus 15

150.) CB Alterraun Verner, went at 104. Plus 46

187.) S Kurt Coleman, went at 244. Minus 57

197.) TE Tony Moeaki, went at 93. Plus 104.

227.) QB Levi Brown, went at 209. Plus 18.

I got got 2 top 20 picks. 6 picks were in the top 105 in the real draft out of the 8 picks I had. 8')

jebures
04-25-2010, 08:51 PM
I had a superb draft sands the Capers pick in the 4th round (he did get drafted though). The value I got in the 7th round was amazing and also got a 5th rounder in my UDFA. Also picked a player correctly in the correct round to the Raiders (McFadden).

Raiders Draft
1(8) T Trent Williams Oklahoma-drafted 1(4)= plus 4
1(18) DE Jason Pierre-Paul South Florida-drafted 1(15)=plus 3
3(85) DT Linval Joseph East Carolina-drafted 2(46) = plus 39
4(106) T Selvish Capers West Virginia-drafted 7(231)= minus 125
5(158) CB Walter McFadden Auburn-drafted 5(138)= plus20 (also picked by the Raiders)
7(215) DT Earl Mitchell Arizona-drafted 3(81)=plus 134
7(225) WR Jameson Konz Kent St.-drafted 7(245)=minus 20
7(251) QB Mike Kafka Northwestern –drafted 4(122)=plus 129

UDFA drafted
Nate Triplett ILB Minnesota 5(167)

Mediator12
04-25-2010, 09:37 PM
Here is INDY's Draft:

1 (31) Patrick Robinson CB, FSU was selected 32. Minus 1 value.
2 (63) Rodger Saffold OT, IU was selected at 33. Plus 30 Value.
3 (94) Tyson Alualu DL, CAL was selected at 10. Plus 84 Value.
4 (129) Jerome Murphy CB/FS, USF selected 66. Plus 63 Value.
5 (162) A.J. Edds SLB, Iowa was selected @ 119. Plus 43 Value.
7 (238) David Gettis RS/WR, Baylor selected 198. Plus 40 Value.
7 (240) Adrian Tracy DE/OLB William & Mary @184. Plus 56 Value.
7 (246) Joshua Moore CB, KSU was Selected @141.Plus 105 Value

That was +420 on Eight draft picks. Or, +52.5 Value per selection.

I already explained I should have taken Kareem Jackson or Devin McCourty over Robinson @ 31. Rodger Saffold is a local player from IU and I knew he was going to go real high well before the Shrine game. I thought he might even make it into the last part of round one. Tyson Alualu was the most underrated player on the OM draft IMHO. He should not have gotten out of the early second round. And, JAX reached big for him when they could not trade back. Murphy was another guy who people did not like for some reason despite his scheme and position versatility. I could have gotten more value for Rennie Curran (97) instead of Edds (119), but I wanted Edds after missing several earlier targets at LB including Angerer. All three seventh rounders were BPA's on my Colts board. I did want Earl Mitchell real bad, but Jebures snagged him earlier.

Here are INDY's UDFA's:

1 Larry Hart-Central Arkansas DE/OLB 17,500 Selected @143. Plus 112 Value.
2 Nick Polk-IU SS 12,500 Unsigned.
4 Harry Coleman-LSU OLB/SS 10,500 Saints UDFA Signing.
5 David Reed-Utah WR/RS 10,500 Selected @156. Plus 99 Value.
6 Reggie Carter-UCLA LB 10,500 Seahawks UDFA signing.
7 Matt Mayberry-IU LB 5,000 Bears UDFA signing.
8 Jamar Wall-Texas Tech CB 10,500 Selected @196. Plus 59 Value.
9 Malcolm Shepard-Arkansas DL 12,500 Unsigned.

Very high on Larry Hart and Adrian tracy as small school Pass rushers in the mold of Robert Mathis. Really surprised David Reed went undrafted with all the Utah fans around here. Jamar Wall is a tough little Cover CB who needs some help with his technique. Reminds me of Reggie Corner CB, BUF who has been an exceptional UDFA I had three years ago. Has all the tools and mentality, just needs some coaching. I was stunned that Harry Coleman and Nick Polk went undrafted, while a ton of unknown safeties were drafted ahead of them. These guys have starting potential IMHO, and are at least ST's demons. Malcolm Sheppard has an eye injury that must not have passed any medical exams, because his tape is great and he was invited to INDY for the combine. It is a preexisting type deal. Shame, I really liked his game.

This is my best draft for INDY, and maybe my best ever. Thanks for all the good times everyone. Big thanks to JCMElway, Expat, and Eddie for putting this all together again.

brncs_fan
04-25-2010, 10:07 PM
1. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno St. – (+16) and got the pick right
2. Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest -- (-36) Swing and a miss
3. Tourell Troup, NT, UCF – (+50) Major Value!
4. Phillip Dillard, ILB, Nebraska – (+11) Another Value Pick
5. Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame – (-20) Just a bit outside
5. Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan – (-27) Reaching like a midget here.
7. Sean Canfield, QB, Oregon St. – (-4) Whatever.

Grand Total = -10

I give myself some credit though for getting their first round pick right.

Florida_Bronco
04-25-2010, 10:25 PM
Rd 1 Pick 2 - Gerald McCoy (-1)
Rd 2 Pick 2 - Maurkice Pouncey (+16)
Rd 3 Pick 2 - Javier Arenas (+16)
Rd 4 Pick 2 - Darrel Stuckey (-10)
Rd 5 Pick 2 - Zane Beadles (+88)
Rd 5 Pick 15 - James Starks (-47)
Rd 6 Pick 2 - Zoltan Mesko (+21)
Rd 7 Pick 48 - Kyle Williams (+49)

Net Value: +132

Analysis: Overall, I feel I had another great draft. Drek went against the grain and took Suh #1 and with Stafford already on the team, I was forced to take McCoy a spot early. That was overshadowed by getting half a round worth of value on both Pouncey and Arenas and almost three rounds worth of value on Beadles. Mesko and Williams were also great value picks. Ultimately my only real big over pick was on Starks.

24champ
04-25-2010, 10:28 PM
1. Ryan Mathews, RB, Fresno St. – (+16) and got the pick right
2. Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest -- (-36) Swing and a miss
3. Tourell Troup, NT, UCF – (+50) Major Value!
4. Phillip Dillard, ILB, Nebraska – (+11) Another Value Pick
5. Sam Young, OT, Notre Dame – (-20) Just a bit outside
5. Antonio Brown, WR, Central Michigan – (-27) Reaching like a midget here.
7. Sean Canfield, QB, Oregon St. – (-4) Whatever.

Grand Total = -10

I give myself some credit though for getting their first round pick right.

No worries. You'll do better next year. Last year I had a crap draft. Ha!

ludo21
04-27-2010, 10:30 AM
1st Round/ #15 - Earl Thomas, S Texas ( -1)
2nd Round/ #44 - Brandon Spikes, LB Florida ( -18)
3rd Round/ #77 - Lamarr Houston, DT Texas ( + 33)
4th Round/ #115 - Dennis Pitta, TE BYU ( +1)
5th Round/ #147 - Deji Karim, RB Southern Illinois ( -33)
6th Round/ #184 - Willie Young, DE NC State ( -29)

Total: - 47
Not bad on the +/-, pretty much got guys around the time they were drafted. I didnt have a 7th which is why I reached for Young. Almost nailed that Pitta and Thomas pick right on, ;D

I was really excited when I drafted Earl Thomas, but then the day after the Giants signed Antrel Rolle so I am still a bit mad I didnt wait a day to see what the Giants were going to do. But Thomas is going to be a great playmaker whether at Safety or Corner so they could still use him back there. In the 2nd I traded up for a guy that would have fell to me, but he is a perfect fit for the Giants scheme anyway.

I would give myself a 4 if it were not for those 2 mess up's and for my late round flier on Young. After more digging I really dont think much of him anymore. So a 3 it is.

BTW Karim "the Dream" is going to be awesome. I am pumped for this little man to make some plays in the NFL NEXT year. :thumbs:

edited

ColoradoBuff
04-27-2010, 01:51 PM
My Draft for Jacksonville Jaguars:

1-10: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama (+2)
3-74: JD Walton, C, Baylor (-6)
4-108: Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan (-147) UDFA signed with the Jets. Whiff!
5-143: Greg Hardy, DE, Ole Miss (-32)
6-180: Crezdon Butler, CB, Clemson (+16)
6-203: Marcus Easley, WR, UConn (+96)

Overall +/-: -71. Totally whiffed on Donovan Warren...other than that I don't think i did too bad! Best value picks were Marcus Easley and my UDFA signing of J. McClendon.

UDFA's:
Ryan Perrilloux, QB, Jacksonville State: $ 31,000...signed with Minnesota Vikings
Javarris James, RB, Univ of Miami, Fl: $ 5,100.....singed with Indianapolis Colts
LaMarcus Coker, RB, Hampton Univ: $ 5,200.....remains unsigned
Bryan Anderson, WR, Central Michigan: $ 5,400....signed with New England Patriots
Roberto Wallace, WR, San Diego State: $ 5,200....signed with Miami Dolphins
Jacques McClendon, OG, Tennessee: $ 6,000..picked in the 4th round by Indy
Lawrence Wilson, DE, Ohio State Univ.: $ 17,000....signed with Chicago Bears
Travis Ivey, DT, Maryland Univ.: $ 5,100....signed with Miami Dolphins
Darian Stewart, SS, Univ of South Carolina: $ 8,000...signed with St. Louis Rams
Lucien Antoine, SS, Univ of Oklahoma State: $ 7,000....remains unsigned
Aaron Pettrey, K, Ohio State Univ.: $ 5,000.....signed with Carolina Panthers

Carmelo15
01-21-2011, 02:06 AM
Looking back at last year's draft I think I pretty much nailed it! I made more draft day trades than McXanders.

5.) Sam Bradford - #1 Pick, Offensive ROY, Franchise Player
35.) Jerry Hughes - #31 Pick, Hardly saw the field however he was sitting behind Freeney and Mathis
47.) Dexter McCluster - #36 Pick, electrifying playmaker I wish wasn't a Chief. Week 1 Rookie of the Week
50.) Devin McCourty - # 27 Pick, gave Suh a run for DPOY. Started 16 games had 82 tkl, 7 int, 17 Def, 2 FF
82.) Jared Veldheer - #69 Pick, played in 15 games for Raiders
98.) John Jerry - #73 Pick, Played 2 games for Dolphins

I think the 49ers would've been a much better team with this draft. Maybe Mike Singletary could've kept his job.

I also picked up Randy Phillips FS, Miami as UDFA. He played 4 games for Detroit.