PDA

View Full Version : OT: San Francisco

DivineLegion
04-10-2010, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know the San Francisco area well? I'm stuck on the west coast for a week for business, and I was wondering if there were "can't miss" opportunities out here. I will be here until Friday if anyone close by wants to grab a drink.

Popps
04-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Does anyone know the San Francisco area well? I'm stuck on the west coast for a week for business, and I was wondering if there were "can't miss" opportunities out here. I will be here until Friday if anyone close by wants to grab a drink.

Lived there for 10 years... but 10 years ago. I always liked the South of Market area. (More hip, music, arts area.) Should still be come clubs down that way. There's also a ton of bars down in the Marina area. (Sort of a collegy/yuppie area.) Haight Street is sort of a waste of time, imo. Warf area is touristy, but if you're there... stop in Fiddler's Green if you like Irish pubs.

DivineLegion
04-10-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the input Poops I will definitely be checking out Fiddler Green's.

Popps
04-10-2010, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the input Poops I will definitely be checking out Fiddler Green's.

:spit:

Meck77
04-10-2010, 07:22 PM
www.yelp.com

It's all you need.

watermock
04-10-2010, 07:28 PM
http://static1.px.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/Nk5qchD6VTbtKDsyfh7Bug/l

Check this out, they have fat free non smoking pigs.

OBF1
04-10-2010, 08:04 PM
If one of your co-workers asks you to hit a bar and "Suck a few down" Just say no :wiggle:

mhgaffney
04-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Here are some great spots.

1. Golden Gate Park -- take Geary Avenue west. Check out the de Young museum. And don't miss the beach --

2. If you like seafood -- check out Fisherman's Wharf. There are some great restaurants.

3. Oh and don't miss China Town. One of the best Chinese restaurants is Sam Wo's. You enter through the kitchen -- and they use a dumbwaiter. You won't believe the cheap prices.

4. If you have the time -- also check out Muir Woods and Baker Beach in Marin County. It will give you an excuse to drive across the Golden Gate.

SF is the best city in N America.

Have fun!

Requiem
04-10-2010, 09:24 PM
You should try and get some dank weed there too. ~ Randy Marsh

Archer81
04-10-2010, 09:32 PM

1. Golden Gate Park -- take Geary Avenue west. Check out the de Young museum. And don't miss the beach --

2. If you like seafood -- check out Fisherman's Wharf. There are some great restaurants.

3. Oh and don't miss China Town. One of the best Chinese restaurants is Sam Wo's. You enter through the kitchen -- and they use a dumbwaiter. You won't believe the cheap prices.

4. If you have the time -- also check out Muir Woods and Baker Beach in Marin County. It will give you an excuse to drive across the Golden Gate.

Have fun!

Not so sure about that one.

:Broncos:

kappys
04-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Didn't live there but have visited a few times - definitely get to China town for the food - no other Asian food like it in the US IMO. Even NY doesn't compare.

watermock
04-10-2010, 11:31 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/7a/Dog_meat_hotpot.JPG/300px-Dog_meat_hotpot.JPG

Enjoy!

JJJ
04-11-2010, 12:19 AM

Have fun!

Really? Hasn't been my experience. Which do you recommend?

BroncoBuff
04-11-2010, 12:28 AM

I never thought so until I made my first real visit couple years ago. Amazing city, just jumps out at you. Only comparable place I've been is Manhattan. We ate at Sam Wo's, a quickie lunch, awesome food and cheap as heck.

About a dozen good photos starting here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=148670&id=1580720728

Some good OrangeMane and Invesco pics in that album too.

Play2win
04-11-2010, 05:02 AM
You should try and get some dank weed there too. ~ Randy Marsh

On The Road ???

DivineLegion
04-11-2010, 05:32 AM
:spit:

Sorry brother I was tiered when I wrote that. I got off work at 4:30am jumped on a plane at 8:30 and then mulled around the city for awhile before I wrote that.

DivineLegion
04-11-2010, 05:37 AM

Have fun!

Thanks man, I will definitely try to Hit China Town, and the Fishermen's Warf. I think I'm scheduled to be somewhere near Muir woods tomorrow.

Borks147
04-11-2010, 12:03 PM
If you're into craft beer go to Toronado on Haight St, they have over 50 beers on tap and hundreds bottled, including domestics and Belgians. If you like IPAs, try Russian River's Pliny the Elder, only available so far on the west coast.

If you want a bud light...don't go there.

DivineLegion
04-11-2010, 03:40 PM
If you're into craft beer go to Toronado on Haight St, they have over 50 beers on tap and hundreds bottled, including domestics and Belgians. If you like IPAs, try Russian River's Pliny the Elder, only available so far on the west coast.

If you want a bud light...don't go there.

This is the best advice I have received so far. Thank you VERY much!