PDA

View Full Version : Your top 2 players at 11

NFLBRONCO
04-09-2010, 04:23 PM
1. Spiller
2. Dez

My ideal plan is trade down to acquire another 2nd rounder and I'm fine going any direction at that point.

SpringStein
04-09-2010, 04:31 PM
1. Spiller
2. Dez

My ideal plan is trade down to acquire another 2nd rounder and I'm fine going any direction at that point.

Sorry, Paul. HATE both choices. Spiller is no Chris Johnson. And Dez is De Headache.

Mine in no order are Dan Williams, Earl Thomas, Rolando McClain

(sue me, I can't count! ;) )

NFLBRONCO
04-09-2010, 05:29 PM
Sorry, Paul. HATE both choices. Spiller is no Chris Johnson. And Dez is De Headache.

I thought about Dan but, wasn't sure they'd use #1 on NT after what they did in FA. Earl Thomas is another guy I would like but, not sure S is that high on their list so never listed him.

BTW you love hating my posts ;D.

How was your cruise? Never heard saw no pics

mhgaffney
04-09-2010, 05:30 PM
Wrong. Bryant is a primadonna. Why exchange one problem child (BM) for another?

#11 is also too high for Spiller.

According to about half of the mocks,

CB Joe Haden, NT Dan Williams, ILB R MClain, and DE Jared Odrick will be available at #11.

Notice they are all defensive players. So, of these, whom do we take?

If D Williams is there -- how do you say no?

Same deal with J Haden. I think if we get #14 from Seattle -- for BM -- then you take Haden at #11, and maybe D Williams or Odrick at 14. All defense in the first round.

The rest of the draft will be offense. But what the H do I know?

Ziggy
04-09-2010, 05:45 PM
Williams
Odrick

Despite signing Jamal, Dan Williams still has good value at 11 because he can play both DE and NT in a 3-4 defense. I could see him playing a role similar to the one Raji did last season for the Pack.

Odrick is a personal favorite of mine at a position of need for the Broncos. Not only do I see him as a Seymour type, but Jarvis Green is a much better asset when used as a situational pass rusher.

SpringStein
04-09-2010, 05:47 PM
I thought about Dan but, wasn't sure they'd use #1 on NT after what they did in FA. Earl Thomas is another guy I would like but, not sure S is that high on their list so never listed him.

BTW you love hating my posts ;D.

How was your cruise? Never heard saw no pics

You are truly hate-able. ;)

Cruise was really nice - after the initial stress of my wife leaving our passports in the Denver airport. All's well that ends well though! no pics for you - or not even us, I didn't even take a camera.

Broncojef
04-09-2010, 06:10 PM
Dan Williams
Rolando McClain

Could live with the most dominate inside OL as well, whoever that may be.

Momentum
04-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Dez or Pouncey

Durango
04-09-2010, 07:25 PM
McClain, Bulaga

Br0nc0Buster
04-09-2010, 07:29 PM
Joe Haden and Earl Thomas

gyldenlove
04-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Odrick, Mcclain

NFLBRONCO
04-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Joe Haden and Earl Thomas

Explain because these are BPA? I don't disagree just asking? I guess my only struggle is it seems that's all we do is add S CB positions even though we need youth and upgrades still.

NFLBRONCO
04-09-2010, 09:29 PM

Well Spiller is faster then Dan Moreno this O needs speed added to it. If we didn't I would not have him on my list.

Dez I've heard both sides not sure whats the truth.

Br0nc0Buster
04-09-2010, 10:10 PM
Explain because these are BPA? I don't disagree just asking? I guess my only struggle is it seems that's all we do is add S CB positions even though we need youth and upgrades still.

yes I think Haden and Thomas are better than Williams, Odrick, Bulaga, etc...

I would prefer to pick the best players in the first round that fit our scheme and address the needs in the later rounds.

NFLBRONCO
04-09-2010, 11:10 PM
yes I think Haden and Thomas are better than Williams, Odrick, Bulaga, etc...

I would prefer to pick the best players in the first round that fit our scheme and address the needs in the later rounds.

Yeah I see your point

Would you be mad if we traded down?

ZONA
04-10-2010, 12:52 AM
McClain, Bulaga

Yeah, like Bulaga is going to be there at #11.

http://onemansblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/hell-frozen-over.jpg

Give me Joe Haden or Dan Williams would probably be the best players that I think could still be on the board at #11, realistically.

Requiem
04-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Spiller or Weatherspoon.

Doggcow
04-10-2010, 01:14 AM
Joe Haden, CJ Spiller, Iupati, Safety (I Personally like mays, but I dont mind either of them), Kyle Williams (CB Boise, Williams, right?)

Br0nc0Buster
04-10-2010, 10:36 AM
Yeah I see your point

Would you be mad if we traded down?

I wouldnt mind that, this class is very deep
But if we pass on someone like Earl Thomas to drop back and draft someone like Pouncey I would be annoyed

If Haden, Thomas, and Williams are gone then I would have no problem trading down

Chris
04-10-2010, 11:06 AM
Rolando Mcclain
Joe Haden

SoDak Bronco
04-10-2010, 11:48 AM
1A-Joe Haden/McClain

1B-Dan Williams/Earl Thomas

1C-Bulaga/Pouncey

chaz
04-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Spiller, McClain, Weatherspoon

BroncoSojia
04-10-2010, 12:11 PM
As long as it isn't a guard, center, tackle, OLB, or a RB, I'll be ok with just about any selection at #11

oubronco
04-10-2010, 12:32 PM
As long as they make a huge impact I don't care, we need impact players

randomtask
04-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Dan Williams or Eric Berry (Only mentioning him cause it seems like his stock is dropping a bit.)

JJG
04-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Joe Haden, CJ Spiller, Iupati, Safety (I Personally like mays, but I dont mind either of them), Kyle Williams (CB Boise, Williams, right?)

Wilson.

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2010, 11:43 AM
1A-Joe Haden/McClain

1B-Dan Williams/Earl Thomas

1C-Bulaga/Pouncey

I'd have about 7 player's I'd be willing to take at #11:

Haden
Thomas
Bulaga
Williams
Spiller
Bryant
Odrick

Some of these guys won't be there at #11 but some will.

broncos-rock
04-11-2010, 03:49 PM
I have 3............Earl Thomas, Cj Spiller, and Witherspoon!!

cmhargrove
04-11-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm hoping that Bulaga or Trent Williams drops to us.

I really like Dan Williams but think 11 is a reach (Although he might have just as good a career as Raji who went at 10 last year).

I just feel like major upgrades to the O-line will be what makes us superbowl ready.

NFLBRONCO
04-11-2010, 04:44 PM
I'd have about 7 player's I'd be willing to take at #11:

Haden
Thomas
Bulaga
Williams
Spiller
Bryant
Odrick

Some of these guys won't be there at #11 but some will.

Who do you take if

Haden
Bryant
Spiller
Thomas

are at 11 I know highly unlikely

tsiguy96
04-11-2010, 05:31 PM
spiller is a top 10 pick this year, bank it!

Tombstone RJ
04-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Who do you take if

Haden
Bryant
Spiller
Thomas

are at 11 I know highly unlikely

I probably take Thomas because he can play CB and Safety which means he has more value than Haden. However, It'd be tough because if I take Haden then it's with the plan of moving Champ to safety. I think that has tremendous value too. Either way the secondary is immediately better.

As for Spiller, I like him but I pass because of two reasons: 1. I think Moreno will pan out. 2. I might be able to pick up a RB later that is better suited to my offensive needs (Hardisty?).

As for Bryant, he'd be hard to pass on because he could very well be the most dynamic player on the board. However, I have Marshall who is in his prime for at least one more year (baring a trade). So, I pass on Bryant.

It'd be a very pragmatic process for me.

NFLBRONCO
04-11-2010, 10:09 PM

Yep 6-10

GoHAM
04-11-2010, 10:21 PM
@11: McLain, Haden... Not my picks, but my best guess.

Trade back: Pouncey, D. Williams

Again, I only claim to be an idiot in the draft not an expert.

chaz
04-11-2010, 10:56 PM

I almost hope he is. I really like him and think he would add a ton to our team in a number of ways, and it would turn my stomach to see us pass on him. SO, if he's already gone....i can make my peace with it more easily!!

chaz
04-11-2010, 10:57 PM
there seems to be a huge discrepancy in Dan Williams' value...some places have him in the top ten while others have him barely sneaking in the end of round one. Thoughts?

ColoradoBuff
04-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Bulaga
McClain

RocBronc
04-12-2010, 12:08 PM
1. Trade Down
2. Trade Down

Not trying to be a smart alec here, just trying to say that unless something really crazy happens no player worth the #11 pick that fills a need for us will be available when we pick. Therefore I think the best thing to do is trade down a few spots, even if we don't get great value for the pick. I'd rather save the money and get a player where they're valued and not reach. To be fair then I'd say...

1. Trade down 4-6 spots: Mike Iupati
2. Trade down 4-6 spots: Dan Williams

Even if a valuable guy like Haden falls to us that's when we can really get a ransom for the pick and then take someone who fills more of a need for us lower in the draft.

Triplelefthook
04-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Dan Williams
Rolando McClain

Could live with the most dominate inside OL as well, whoever that may be.

Agreed.

I also wouldn't mind if we took Spiller. I think that Moreno + Spiller will be Anderson + Tinker Bell x2.

I don't like the idea of taking this Texas safety or any safety in the first round. i think we have an excellent foundation in place with Dawkins and Hill paving the way for McBath, Barrett and Bruton

long beach bronco
04-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Now that B Marsh is gone, I would take Spiller or Bryant. This offense needs playmakers, and right now, we don't have any.

NFLBRONCO
04-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Now that B Marsh is gone, I would take Spiller or Bryant. This offense needs playmakers, and right now, we don't have any.

I agree we do need playmakers. Now that we got another 2nd I think its less likely we move down. Yikes we might be more likely to reach at 11 now too.

lex
04-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Pouncey, I know its a reach but have we not learned to value a quality center?

Spiller, big plays that take pressure off of Orton and Moreno.

Iupati...gain, maybe its a reach

McClain

chaz
04-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Agreed.

I also wouldn't mind if we took Spiller. I think that Moreno + Spiller will be Anderson + Tinker Bell x2.

I don't like the idea of taking this Texas safety or any safety in the first round. i think we have an excellent foundation in place with Dawkins and Hill paving the way for McBath, Barrett and Bruton

Not to mention Champ possibly shifting over to S in a few years.

NFLBRONCO
04-15-2010, 12:00 AM
We need to trade down with NE so we can get

43 44 and 45 in 2nd round

uplink
04-15-2010, 12:41 AM
If a top tackle prospect is available at #11 will the broncos take him or do they want to stay with Harris long term?