PDA

View Full Version : McBath and Bruton Article: Ridiculous Nicknames

chickennob2
04-08-2010, 09:59 PM
We as fans often try to come up with cutesy nicknames for players. Most of these are bad. A good number are ridiculously lame. But ladies and gentlemen, we can't even come close to matching the absurdity of the nicknames the actual players use. From the McBath and Bruton article on denverbroncos.com,

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=10008

"I had a chance to learn from great veterans such as 'Naldy (Renaldo Hill), Champ (Bailey), Dawk (Brian Dawkins) and Goody (Andre Goodman)," Bruton said. "I understand with those veterans there my role primarily now is on special teams, but it does not hinder me from competing and trying to go out there and take a starting job."REALLY? Goody? 'Naldy? I give up. Call Brandon Marshall "B-Marsh" all you want. You can't even come close to matching the ridiculousness of these names.

BowlenBall
04-08-2010, 10:02 PM
We as fans often try to come up with cutesy nicknames for players. Most of these are bad. A good number are ridiculously lame. But ladies and gentlemen, we can't even come close to matching the absurdity of the nicknames the actual players use. From the McBath and Bruton article on denverbroncos.com,

REALLY? Goody? 'Naldy? I give up. Call Brandon Marshall "B-Marsh" all you want. You can't even come close to matching the ridiculousness of these names.

Sure I can... Chicky-Nobby.

Requiem
04-08-2010, 10:04 PM
Don't see how they are ridiculous at all. They are similar variants to their names.

Requiem
04-08-2010, 10:05 PM
Sure I can... Chicky-Nobby.

Chicken Choking "Nob" Slobber

ZONA
04-08-2010, 10:09 PM

REALLY? Goody? 'Naldy? I give up. Call Brandon Marshall "B-Marsh" all you want. You can't even come close to matching the ridiculousness of these names.

I don't see what you're so annoyed at. None of those names would cause me such dilema that I felt I would need to make a post about it.

No biggie man, you'll get over it I'm sure.

Kaylore
04-08-2010, 10:10 PM
Well that was a letdown of a thread title.

Requiem
04-08-2010, 10:13 PM

Yeah, sucked balls. I was expecting a revelation. What a bitch.

PRBronco
04-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Haha yes I balked at that nickname. I'm also glad they clarified who "Champ" was.

easymobee
04-09-2010, 12:23 AM
OP loses ......... sometimes a "threadstart" just itches us to post C R A P.

-edit- actually op posts even less frequently than me. Wander what possessed him to make a thread about this. PS my nickname is Moses.

cutthemdown
04-09-2010, 01:00 AM
Anyone who has been on a team, been in a band, or really part of anything that requires teamwork etc etc understands. Nicknames are just a way of making the group tighter IMO.

I don't see anything ridiculous in this.

Taco John
04-09-2010, 01:00 AM
You spelled "ridicules" wrong.

Popps
04-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Is it bloody training camp yet? Good grief.

s0phr0syne
04-09-2010, 04:53 AM
Bust out the BANhammer! ;)

Man-Goblin
04-09-2010, 05:54 AM
chickennob1 would be ashamed.

baja
04-09-2010, 07:22 AM
we should have a poll about this...

crush17
04-09-2010, 07:43 AM

for serious.

Dagmar
04-09-2010, 07:56 AM
http://i41.tinypic.com/acxyf7.gif

chrisp
04-09-2010, 08:04 AM
I don't think that professional sportsmen are ever that inventive with nicknames - usually they are just an abbreviation of theirfull names and that's it 99% of the time.

Nobig deal but not worth a thread. I give the thread-starter a pass though becuase it is the offseason (not only that but the news-less pre-draft lockdown part ofthe offseason)and it clearly pissed him off......

Los Broncos
04-09-2010, 08:14 AM

yeah really

Triplelefthook
04-09-2010, 08:19 AM
do you think the nuggets call Renaldo Balkman - 'Naldy? or Balky?

the goofiest nicknames are hockey players. they always come up with names like that. Duchene is Dutchy, Stewart is Stewie, Foote is Footie, Scott Hannan is Hanzy, its funny just add a "Y" to the name and you got their nickname if its a hockey player

I hear that Shannon Sharpe came up with some good nicknames. He called Alfred Williams "Hot Plate" and now whenever he calls in the radio he just calls Alfred "Plate." And I heard Atwater on the radio with him and he also called him Hot Plate. Seems that name stuck. Can't remember where the name derived from tho

Mr.Meanie
04-09-2010, 08:29 AM
chickennob2: "'Naldy is a ridiculous handle"

:rofl:

Ray Finkle
04-09-2010, 08:33 AM

no, they just call him "the suck"

Rohirrim
04-09-2010, 08:58 AM
When is the ****ing draft?

Dagmar
04-09-2010, 08:59 AM
When is the ****ing draft?
http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss309/brizill32/largecopy.jpg

underrated29
04-09-2010, 09:22 AM

the goofiest nicknames are hockey players. they always come up with names like that. Duchene is Dutchy, Stewart is Stewie, Foote is Footie, Scott Hannan is Hanzy, its funny just add a "Y" to the name and you got their nickname if its a hockey player

Cumiskey is cummers.--Always liked that one best.

On my team we have named a guy sergai and benny. Their real names are josh and max.....Its a hockey thing.:thanku:

Tombstone RJ
04-09-2010, 09:27 AM

I hear that Shannon Sharpe came up with some good nicknames. He called Alfred Williams "Hot Plate" and now whenever he calls in the radio he just calls Alfred "Plate." And I heard Atwater on the radio with him and he also called him Hot Plate. Seems that name stuck. Can't remember where the name derived from tho

I thought Adam Foote was Footer...

underrated29
04-09-2010, 10:10 AM

he is.

broncogary
04-09-2010, 10:48 AM
You spelled "ridicules" wrong.

So did you. It's "redicules."

Triplelefthook
04-09-2010, 10:49 AM

you're right. mY bad

Triplelefthook
04-09-2010, 10:54 AM
no, they just call him "the suck"

it's a shame that people who clearly didn't watch the nuggets last year or any of Balkman's games with the knicks have come to this rather oversimplified conclusion.

balkman will never live up to the expectations of where he was drafted, but the overpick for him in the draft was isiah thomas' fault not balkmans.

balkman is a very good role player, he has no place on the nuggets because he is a natural 3, which is where Anthony starts and he is undersized for what the Nuggets need up front.

balkman played excellent last year, despite his physical limitations as a PF, when Kenyon and/or Nene went down, especially down the stretch when Kenyon was hurt, which kept the Nuggets rolling with good momentum into the playoffs.

scott hastings on the radio has insinuated that Balkman doesn't try in practice, and that Karl doesn't play him because of that, which is understandable. it's not because he doesn't have a certain skillset that could help Denver, he is certainly better than Malik Allen.

i just hope Balkman goes somewhere else where he can contribute, because he is actually a useful player for a team that needs a role player small forward who can rebound, play defense, hustle, and score garbage points

Kaylore
04-09-2010, 04:34 PM
So did you. It's "redicules."

Rep

Taco John
04-09-2010, 04:51 PM
broncogary has entered the thread...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/gifs/2dwiadc.gif

Cito Pelon
04-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I heard Hillis' nickname was Jethro.

WolfpackGuy
04-09-2010, 06:45 PM
broncogary has entered the thread...

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/quikssurfer/gifs/2dwiadc.gif

LOL @ Cruising

briane
04-10-2010, 07:38 AM

Agreed